PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming Pink Due Date Group: TTC and Beyond #2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GeCon
September 23rd, 2013, 05:25 PM
Hi,

Since we are all quite keen to keep chatting to each other in here, I have updated the thread title and will be adding due dates as and when they come in.

This is a continuation of this thread:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-date-buddies/24839-dreaming-pink-due-date-group-ttc-beyond.html

December 2013
4th Charlee's DS (EDD 10th)
5th Dreamofpink's DS (EDD 11th)
7th I Love Ladybugs' DD (EDD 10th)
16th Tree's DD (EDD 16th)

January 2014
9th Emily's DD (EDD 1st)
13th GeCon's DS (EDD 16th)

February 2014
4th meeks32's DD (EDD 18th)
19th myrainbowgirl's DS (EDD 26th)
21st Mathilde's DS (EDD 17th)
19th Waiting4Daisy http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/images/smilies/yellowstork.gif

March 2014
11th thehappypixi :ttcgirl:

June 2014
24th bunnywabbit :ttcboy:
29th Pumpkin2011 :ttcboy::ttcgirl:

July 2014
13th TTCPink :ttcboy:
27th jmm0616

September 2014
10th kellbell827 :ttcboy:

October 2014
11th lovemy2blessings

Not heard anything back from these lovely ladies.
Come back and let us know how you are doing. We're missing you.
29th December 3boys :ttcboy:
11th January 2lovelyboys :ttcboy:
7th Niva :ttcboy:

Dreamingof2girls
September 23rd, 2013, 05:40 PM
i was wondering if someone can help me out in my curiousity. i'll write down all the info and i apologize for the TMI. on september 10th i ovulated. i dtd september 7th in the am and afternoon, september 8th in the am, september 9th @ night, september 11th and 13th. the entire week of my ovulation i didn't have any ewcm what so ever i was bone dry. to be honest i thought i wasn't even going to ovulate this month. i have been on benadryl and oral hydrocortize for a rash i got due to an allergic reaction,i dtd everytime missionary position and NO orgasms at all. i jumped and dumped always cuz i hate that stuff leaking out of me lol i know that all that semen can raise my ph level =( but i also know that the jump and dump can lower sperm count.anyway is there a "maybe" a small possibility that i could've had a chance to conceive a girl with the bone dry cm, the missionary position, no orgasms, antihistamines, and the J&D? i'm just curious and any input would be much appreciated! again, sorry for the tmi. oh! i should also point out that i got my bfp 8dpo and again at 10dpo with a digital.

myrainbowgirl
September 23rd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Dreaming - I think your chances are good! Congrats on your BFP!!

Pixi - Glad you didn't have many insensitive comments...I haven't yet, either, thank goodness. And yes, gotta LOVE that pregnancy gives us the excuse to eat whatever we want!! Pregnancy and breastfeeding...absolutely love that I don't have to feel guilty eating more than normal! Hope you're doing ok...I think I asked this last week, but are you gonna peek at your upcoming scan??

Ladybugs - Yes, no use in thinking about your appts. in Vancouver till you can talk with your doc this week. I am sure your little sweetie will come out of everything just fine. :) And thank you for calling DS4 my "bonus baby." Because I really think he will be just that. I think after I see him this week at my big scan, I will really start to bond and begin to "settle in" to this pregnancy. :) And your comment about my DD being next in line encourages me so much! I think you are right, and it's so nice to hear that from someone else. :)

Charlee - I love your way of heading people's comments off before they can get anywhere. I may have to fake it still, but that is SO much better than hearing the negativity from their mouths! Because you're right, if I can say all the things they're thinking...yes, I'll have my hands full, and yes, it will be loud and crazy, and yes, I'll need my own "no boys allowed" room, but they are precious, and we will love them all to pieces, then they'll hopefully just smile and agree. :)

Niva - You are an inspiration. I just LOVE your attitude! Great job, mama!

Emily, GeCon, Meeks, everyone else - Hope you're all doing well!

AFM - My 18-week ultrasound is Wednesday, and I'm looking forward to seeing little boy. I am hardly feeling any movement at all, which is a little worrisome. I had an anterior placenta with DS2 as well, and didn't feel stronger movements until 18 weeks, but I guess I just keep thinking I should be feeling more at this point. I've only gained about 10 lbs., so really only at my normal adult weight at this point (BMI 19.5), so it's a little frustrating to not be feeling much. Hoping the strong kicks start soon! Anyway, it will be nice to see his little profile and face and start to bond with him. Think I will start to think about nursery décor and a name pretty soon. Should get me excited more, I think! :)

Also feeling somewhat more confident at the thought of adding another...my good days with my boys outweigh my bad ones these days. I still have my moments thinking, "How in the world am I going to handle ANOTHER baby so soon? And then a DD after that??" But then, most times, I'm good. Trusting that God will give us the patience, resources, and everything we need to handle our 4 boys and DD when she arrives. :)

Emily
September 24th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Myrainbowgirl if you are not feeling much movementyou probably still have decent stomach muscles! Am slightly jealous;) Mine are rubbish and i swear the baby never stops moving! Will really have to hit that gym when the baby comes - or wear one of those corset type bands for the rest of my life.

Tree
September 24th, 2013, 02:16 AM
GeCon can you add me to lost. Due dec 16 with girl. Got scan coming up, hope she is still a girl! Eeeek!

GeCon
September 24th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Added you, Tree. ;)

thehappypixi
September 24th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Oooo new thread!
Still wavering on finding out, been telling everyone IRL I'm not, if I do I'll tell you guys, but at the moment I'm enjoying not caring and forgetting about what sex it is a bit. Still n the back of my mind, but I'm not rushing to the scanner tonight at work like I thought I'd be :)
16 wk check on Monday ;)

Charlee
September 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Pixi I envy that kind of patience! I was at the elective u/s place here at 14 weeks exactly! My dream was long gone by the NT scan though... he already had a penis :cool: LMAO

Niva
September 24th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Pixi, those few weeks made all the difference for me... No need to rush to the scanner! I'm sure that if you find out, you will only do so when you really feel ready. At 12-14 weeks, I would have started a big chain reaction of GD by finding out. I found out at 20, and now I'm glad I did. I'm handling it pretty well, but I don't know if that would have been quite the case if I had found out much earlier (or had waited until the end, for that matter)!

myrainbowgirl, I had an anterior placenta last time. Because it was my first I didn't have anything to compare it to, but this time -- wow, in comparison to DS1, this little guy feels like an angry cat inside my tummy! I'm feeling now what I probably didn't feel until the very last MONTH with an anterior placenta. I wouldn't worry at all, as long as you are feeling regular movement when you really concentrate and look for it. :)

Niva
September 24th, 2013, 04:29 PM
GeCon, you can update me on the list with a BLUE bundle. :)

GeCon
September 24th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Niva, I was just going to ask that question. Congratulations on another beautiful blue bundle. Your LO looks adorable in your avatar.

Dreamofpink
September 24th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Pixi, I really don't know how you do it!! I'm sure the call of the scan machine would drive me nuts! Still, I can understand wanting to live in a kind of gender-ignorance bliss. I was happy to wait until my 20 week scan & live in that blissful ignorance too up to that point. :)

Gecon thanks for setting up the new thread! :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

GeCon
September 24th, 2013, 04:45 PM
thehappypixi, I don't know how you do it. I understand why you are doing it, but there is no way I could resist...

meeks32
September 24th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Well as I'm sure most of you know there is no way I could wait to find out, lol. Like Charlee and Dream I took every opportunity to nubsess, guess, hope and find out, then confirm, confirm and confirm. Lol. After swaying so long there really was no waiting for me. It already seemed like I'd waited the entire time ttc, let alone the early pregnancy part. Longest pregnancy ever, if you factor in 18 months ttc, haha.

So we had our anatomy scan yesterday, it's still a girl! I feel like I've just been told for the first time, because I didn't want to believe it before now, just in cause, especially as at 10 weeks it looked boy. I feel like now I had a girl nub at 12w, girl at 15 and 19 weeks, SURELY it can't be wrong, right? People keep telli me stories about how their friend was told girl then it came out a boy. WHY DO THEY SAY THIS? I was feeling confident and now after those comments I feel like it could still be taken away. I feel like THEY are taking it away from me, and I'm mad. I just want to nest, and organise, but feel I'm tempting fate by doing so. Like if I want it so much, something has to go wrong.

Niva
September 24th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Meeks, I am absolutely positive you have a girl in there! People who get told one thing and then another probably either don't have a very clear picture, multiple viewings, or experienced sonographers. You've had all three. I can understand your reluctance to believe that it's real, though... I think we ALL thought we were having boys just because a girl would be too good to be true (and most of us were right)! But with your journey though ttc, you have more than earned this happy ending. :) Believe it!! We're so happy for you!

Emily
September 25th, 2013, 01:41 AM
I was happy to wait till 22 weeks in the end - i just thought if this is a boy I want a few more weeks of not knowing and if it is a girl i will have a lifetime with her.

Meeks that is for sure a girl in there! I commented on another thread but just ignore those people who know someone who had a boy when they had been told girl. Some people just have to add their two penneth - i bet if you asked for this persons contact details they would actually turn into a friend of a friend of a friend who gave birth 12 years ago!

AFM doc says i can fly back to the uk at 36 weeks so will only be away from DS1 for 12 days or so rather than 6 weeks. I will do a stopover somewhere to break up the flight. Has anyone here flown for 7hrs + when very pregnant?

I Love Ladybugs
September 25th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Posting this am, so I can find our continued thread this afternoon....we are one chatty bunch!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixi...I think it is sweet to be team green, but you resisting the temptation of a u/s machine takes it to a new level!! What wraps have you bought this week? :)

Niva...I have been thinking lots about you and Gecon, you both are going to be amazingly blessed when your second sons arrive. I do wish that I would have been a part of a community as supportive as this when I found out about my DS2.

I will post more tonight after the MD visit....feeling today is going to be another wild one.

Dreamofpink
September 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Best of luck Ladybugs, you're in my thoughts x x

boymama
September 25th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Hi Emily - don't belong here but saw your post. We live in Zambia, but are Australian. I flew back at 36 weeks to the day, with my 17 month old son, by myself. It was without a doubt a terrible 24 hour and three flight ordeal, but I made it and didn't give birth with an air hostess attending!

If you are going alone, you will be absolutely fine. Make sure you try and move around a bit to keep the blood flowing. It is an uncomfortable time, but you will be fine on the flight! Good luck!

I Love Ladybugs
September 26th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Two second quick update....VBAC is on!!!! My MD was awesome today and will support me in this decision...can post more details after work tomorrow, but need to go to bed ASAP!!!

Emily
September 26th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Hi Emily - don't belong here but saw your post. We live in Zambia, but are Australian. I flew back at 36 weeks to the day, with my 17 month old son, by myself. It was without a doubt a terrible 24 hour and three flight ordeal, but I made it and didn't give birth with an air hostess attending!

If you are going alone, you will be absolutely fine. Make sure you try and move around a bit to keep the blood flowing. It is an uncomfortable time, but you will be fine on the flight! Good luck!

No, unfortunately I won't be on my own! i will be with a very active 2.5 yr old boy so I don't think moving around will be an issue. I am a bit concerened about tummy room when the seats in front recline. Asian airlines tend to be a bit mean on room. Did you have any trouble with your bump?

Giving birth on the plane would probably be better than doing it here anyway:)

boymama
September 26th, 2013, 06:21 AM
I didn't have any problem with my bump, but they put me in a row that has the bassinets so there was more leg room. This was to console me (I was borderline hysterical), as I had booked a business class seat on points. When I arrived to check in, business class was full so they didn't honour my upgrade, and economy was also full so my DS didn't have his own seat. So I had a 14 hour flight with my enormous belly and him on my lap. The stuff of nightmares. Still, as I said before, we survived. Your son will have his own seat, and just call ahead in advance and request on of the seats with extra room.

Flying while pregnant is not fun, but it is doable and you will be fine. Make sure there is someone to meet you at the other end and take up anyone and everyone's offers to help.

I Love Ladybugs
September 26th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Meeks....I would not worry a second about the doubters...I have them here too, but that might be because of my story, at which point I refer them that 2 times at my local and 2 times at the very specialized high risk hospital, I have heard girl. Enjoy the shopping, I have yet to really go and buy so much, I have selected items I really like and plan on using some of my gender neutral stuff for one last go as well.

Emily...I am thrilled to read of your newest update....that is going to be such a small time away from your big boy and such a safer option. Makes me happy for you!!!!!!!

Niva....so what pattern are you tackling next? As for that matter, Dream.....how are your cute little outfits coming along for your sweet boy?

Happypixi...just saying hi to you as well!!

Gecon...I spotted your buys for your new little boy....retail therapy for my DS2 was a great way to move forward and seeing some of the clothes I pick for him now brings me back to his baby days :)

AFM.....I am riding the high of a potential VBAC....my hospital here is way cleaner (think staph infection incidence) better food and best of all....my MD who has been with me through all of my baby loss and baby making days!!! My GGT was stellar and no 3 hour test for me....and another bonus, BP is beautiful. My only concerns right now are just getting through another month of work with how crazy DS1 has been at school and how grumpy DH is at home...but I will manage.

Mathilde
September 26th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Had the worst day today. Full day at work then picked up family, got a phone all from my girlfriend in UAE, she wants me to put down her dog, living with her mum while they live abroad, he's bitten a friend of theirs.. Booked an appointment with my friend the vet, drove there, got stuck in massive traffic jams both there and back, had to wait an hour for the appointment with this poor dog, went through with it, home, picked up DH and the boys for this weeks food shopping and now home at 2130!! Baby fine, very quiet past couple of days, must be growing..
Mathilde

myrainbowgirl
September 26th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Mathilde - Yeah, that sounds terrible! Poor you! Hope you're able to recover with a little rest tomorrow! Glad to hear baby is well. :)

Ladybugs - YAY for the VBAC! I'm trying to remember...were DS1 & DS2 both C's? Or just DS2? Seems like you're well...so glad to hear!

Emily - So glad you can wait to fly back! I think boymama's advice is good...just to ensure you don't end up with your DS on your lap! Ugh! I will be flying at Christmas (32 weeks) to see my family across the country (only a 3 hr flight, though). I usually have baby duty when our kids are under 2 (we don't have to pay for a seat if they are under 2, so to save money, we don't)...but I think this time I may have to convice DH that it's gonna have to be HIS job for once. :)

Meeks - Yes, you have a little girl in there! I think I would be able to spot a girl a mile away, since I have seen boy FOUR times...lol! Anyway, I can understand your doubts, but really, no need at all! :)

Everyone else - Hi!

AFM - Had my big ultrasound yesterday, and he is still a HE! :) I truly wasn't expecting anything else, so felt completely fine about it. I had actually been a little worried that something was wrong, because I have been feeling so little movement (anterior placenta). SO, I was so happy that everything looked great, I really didn't care about gender. I was also glad that it was clear and not ambiguous...that would have been WAY worse! Got him some baby bedding in the afternoon at a gigantic consignment sale in our town, that only happens twice a year. I had never gone to one, but a friend told me I could in without paying the entrance fee and go early since I am pregnant. I was a part-time teacher, but quit my job at the end of the school year (too stressful with the kids)...so we are trying to cut back in little ways. Thought I would give the consignment sale a try...OMG, it was AWESOME!! There was tons of bedding, and I found a very cute set that looked brand new...$14 included a bumper, crib skirt, toddler pillow sham, and 3 crib sheets. Also picked up some cute maternity clothes for CHEAP, as well as some books and games for the boys for Christmas. Anyway, getting baby's bedding has helped me already start planning who's going to be in which room and how the furniture will be arranged, etc. Need to start getting serious about a name, too. Of course, that's a joint discussion with DH, so I guess we'll get around to it when we can, lol. But SO happy DS4 is healthy and I'm starting to "settle in" with this baby. I am blessed!

I Love Ladybugs
September 26th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Myrainbowgirl.....DS1 was a nice straightforward delivery....and DS2 was gearing up to be just that, right up to 10 cm dilated!! Lol, he was presenting as footling breech, so I ended up with a section in the hour. I am feeling much better in that I most likely going to have a VBAC, which would make the next while after that much easier for everyone. WTG on the wonderful bedding....I know how a few purchases can make your day!!!!

Mathilde...I wish I could make your day better..sounds like a tough one. (((hugs)))

meeks32
September 28th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Mathilde that day sounds horrible, I'm so sorry! I have had a horrible week apart from my one scan so I can sympathise. Exhausted now and off to bed, thanks for all your comments and updates ladies I'm reading them but no time to reply properly at the moment. Xxx

Niva
September 30th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Ladybugs - so glad you got the ok for a VBAC! It sounds like you should be relatively low-risk, so that's awesome. At the very least you get to have a trial of labor so things have a chance to go smoothly. Yay!

Mathilde - hope you had better days since that awful one. You are a very good friend to do that kind of favor for her; I don't know if I'd have it in me. How are you feeling, pregnancy-wise?

Emily - glad you can take your youngest son with you, and only spend 6 short weeks away from DS1 and DH. It will go by so quickly, I am sure. If your flight is not fully booked, you can often swap seats once you're in the air to get a whole row to yourself and DS2... People often take pity on moms traveling alone (or else they would rather sit farther from the noise, lol)! I don't think your bump should be a problem even in cramped quarters since they have to have at least enough room for your knees, and even a full-term belly doesn't go past your knees.

Meeks, get some rest, girl! Hope your weekend was more relaxing than your week! :)

Rainbow - what a relief that everything is perfect with your new DS! And there's nothing like the rush of finding really great consignment stuff! Wish we had that kind of sale in my area. :)

Charlee - how are you doing? Have you had another appt yet to check on your dilation? Every week that ticks by means a healthier baby, so keep hanging in there!

Everyone else -- hi! How are you all doing?

AFM - I have one pretty good consignment shop nearby, but haven't been there since finding out gender. They have so many really cute girl things, going there will be the biggest test of how I'm truly handing my GD. But I did get my first item for DS2, a fun dragon onesie and matching socks. I had to go buy a baby boy gift for one of DH's coworkers, and came home with two outfits because they were so cute! I'm feeling more excited about finding boy things I like this time around.

I've been a little worried about the amount of BH contrax I've been getting this time around as compared to last time, and I've also been getting those weird sharp cervix twinges (sometimes called "lightning groin") already, at only 21.5 weeks. I don't think that started until the third trimester at the earliest with DS1. I know it's probably just baby's movements, but I'm considering checking in with my mw just to set my mind at ease. Of course I googled it and came up with things like early dilation/effacement and symptomless UTIs... and in the back of my mind I'm also a little worried about my low-lying placenta. Hope they take pity on me and give me a scan to put my mind at ease.

Emily
October 1st, 2013, 02:07 AM
Ladybugs - so glad you got the ok for a VBAC! It sounds like you should be relatively low-risk, so that's awesome. At the very least you get to have a trial of labor so things have a chance to go smoothly. Yay!

Mathilde - hope you had better days since that awful one. You are a very good friend to do that kind of favor for her; I don't know if I'd have it in me. How are you feeling, pregnancy-wise?

Emily - glad you can take your youngest son with you, and only spend 6 short weeks away from DS1 and DH. It will go by so quickly, I am sure. If your flight is not fully booked, you can often swap seats once you're in the air to get a whole row to yourself and DS2... People often take pity on moms traveling alone (or else they would rather sit farther from the noise, lol)! I don't think your bump should be a problem even in cramped quarters since they have to have at least enough room for your knees, and even a full-term belly doesn't go past your knees.

Meeks, get some rest, girl! Hope your weekend was more relaxing than your week! :)

Rainbow - what a relief that everything is perfect with your new DS! And there's nothing like the rush of finding really great consignment stuff! Wish we had that kind of sale in my area. :)

Charlee - how are you doing? Have you had another appt yet to check on your dilation? Every week that ticks by means a healthier baby, so keep hanging in there!

Everyone else -- hi! How are you all doing?

AFM - I have one pretty good consignment shop nearby, but haven't been there since finding out gender. They have so many really cute girl things, going there will be the biggest test of how I'm truly handing my GD. But I did get my first item for DS2, a fun dragon onesie and matching socks. I had to go buy a baby boy gift for one of DH's coworkers, and came home with two outfits because they were so cute! I'm feeling more excited about finding boy things I like this time around.

I've been a little worried about the amount of BH contrax I've been getting this time around as compared to last time, and I've also been getting those weird sharp cervix twinges (sometimes called "lightning groin") already, at only 21.5 weeks. I don't think that started until the third trimester at the earliest with DS1. I know it's probably just baby's movements, but I'm considering checking in with my mw just to set my mind at ease. Of course I googled it and came up with things like early dilation/effacement and symptomless UTIs... and in the back of my mind I'm also a little worried about my low-lying placenta. Hope they take pity on me and give me a scan to put my mind at ease.

Thanks Niva, actually it looks like 12 - 16 days away from DS1 which is so much better than we thought originally.

Enjoy the shopping - when i found out I was having Ds2 we decided to spend more on DS1's clothes as they would be worn again so double shopping joy.

I have been getting weird feelings in my cervix too but am pretty sure it is my imagination. If i have any cervical thinning my doc won't be able to clear me to fly as late as 36 weeks so am inventing symptoms. Hormonal and now a hypochrondriac excellent!

Charlee
October 2nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Hi ladies :) It's been quiet in here! How is everyone coming along?

Niva- I thought I was in full blown labor yesterday! It started with period like cramping which progressed into contractions. Dh wanted to rush to L&D but I told him "NO WAIT!" because I know if I show up there with that many contractions my Dr will order full bed rest, or even worse hospital bed rest! Yuck! So I layed down and drank some water and the contractions disappeared mostly. They must have done something though because I lost more of my mucus plug this morning ... eekkk! LOL I must stay down today...

Emily - You are not a hypochondriac! LOL... I'm sure you are starting to experience those things, its part of late pregnancy! As long as you aren't diliating or effacing you should be okay :)

How are you doing Niva? How is everyone else?

I Love Ladybugs
October 2nd, 2013, 08:43 AM
Charlee....take it easy!!!!! You don't want an October baby.....although I bet he will be such a doll, but too tiny to be born this soon!!! How are you feeling otherwise??? Are you ready for him??? How is the work front going...getting any support from them??? How are your big boys doing with you driving??

Niva...post pix!!! I love seeing the shopping!!!!!! As for preterm/concerns about early arrival of my baby, I have been having this nagging feeling in the back of my head, but I think that most of it is the fact that the road is well paved for a third baby..and not because of actual labour occuring.

Now back to Charlee...go lay down!! Chill out and relax and keep him in there a little longer...we are all excited about the first Dec. babies to make their arrival, but thinking more along the lines of late Nov!!!!!

GeCon
October 2nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Charlee, you really need to try to put your feet up a little and relax.

Sorry I have been quiet, but 1st I was ill last week after my GD test with violent vomiting and then things have just generally been really busy.

The wee man inside is very active, I cannot remember if DS1 was quiet as active or if I am just feeling more as this is the 2nd time around.

Hoping not to hear back from the doctor's about the GD results as that would be good news. If I don't hear from them, the next appointment is at the end of October for our last official scan.

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Niva
October 2nd, 2013, 09:51 PM
Charlee, your body is telling you to rest!! I'm sure your little one would want to stay in as long as he can!! But of course if that isn't possible, he is very likely old enough to turn out okay in the end. Still, I'll echo the others and say that if you know your doctors would put you on bed rest, that is probably the best thing you could do for his health. It may be time to consider which you would rather, an early baby or some bed rest... that mucous plug means something is really happening. And wow, I can't believe you are already 29 weeks! Or me 22w on Fri, for that matter... This time is going by so fast!

Ladybugs, I'll post for your viewing pleasure. So fun to share! What have you found so far?

Niva
October 2nd, 2013, 11:32 PM
GeCon, this baby is so much more active this time around, too! Although to be fair I did have an anterior placenta last time, so that could explain it. But this time the baby's movements seem to be much more uncomfortable, pressing on my bladder, triggering BHxs, sending strong twinges down the front of the uterus.

I was actually worried enough to call in to my MW office... Couldn't get a scan, but I did get the all-clear for any hidden UTI. The nurse was very reassuring that during second pregnancies you feel everything more strongly, and earlier. So I'm hanging in for my next scheduled appt, this time with one of the office's OBs who will hopefully clear me as low-risk to stay under the midwife's care. Did those of you with two or more notice that the second time around was a more uncomfortable pregnancy, uterus-wise? Other than that, I'm feeling really great... Am definitely in the "honeymoon trimester" at the moment!

GeCon
October 3rd, 2013, 04:27 AM
Can't believe I am already 25 weeks today. The baby is now the size of an eggplant. Wow!

thehappypixi
October 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Hey all, I've been, well I don't know what I've been. I lost my gran on Friday, quite suddenly after a short stay in hospital, we were all ready for her to come home. So, not really ok, not really feeling much bar sadness. Trying to be mummy as best I can for my babies. She and my mum raised me, and I will miss her forever. I hope so much I have a baby girl to honor her memory :'(

myrainbowgirl
October 3rd, 2013, 07:03 PM
Charlee - Take it easy, girlfriend! The others are absolutely right (and I know you already know this, but still...), the longer little man is in the oven the better off he'll be. Do you have family or friends who can help you with the kids and house?

Niva - I have had anterior placenta twice, and I can tell you it makes a HUGE difference in what you can feel...until they get quite a bit bigger. At 22 weeks, you are probably feeling so much more than last time! I never really had painful kicks, although I know lots of women who do. I'm sure this little boy will treat his momma great, though...enjoy all that crazy movement! Absolutely adorable outfit, btw!!

GeCon - UGH on the vomiting!! Did the GD test cause it? Or did you have a bug? As much as I love fall, I dread the tummy bugs that come with it. We get it EVERY year. Praying that maybe that will not be the case this year! Good luck with your results!

Happypixi - I am SO sorry about your grandma. Similar thing happened to us back in 2010...lost my sweet grandma after a short stay in the hospital. And just so you know I can relate...got a call late last night from my mom that my grandpa had a stroke and they weren't sure if he was going to make it. Today things looks slightly better, but he is still in the danger zone. Will pray for you and your family!

AFM - Still not feeling much movement...although when I do feel him move, I know it's him and not gas. Lol! Hoping maybe he's a laid-back little guy like my DS2...who is my heart, honestly. Love that kid. :)

Emily
October 4th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Charlee just in case I am not imagining things I am going to try to take it easy too. DS2was early and i felt similar twinges with him at 32 weeks. I cannit risk nit being allowed on that plane at 36 weeks. I have just sent the biys to the ball park with someone else and am putting my feet up. I never do this normally - it feels weird so I can understand fraction if what you are going through. Resting is not somthing you probably know how to do:) hang in there and so will he.

Happypixi, i am so sorry about your gran. I know it won't feel like it but a fast goodbye was better for her - no drawn out suffering, depression and loss of self. For the rest of the family a sudden passing just leaves you shocked and feeling cheated as well as all the normal feelings of grief. I have had both happen to an uncle and aunt in the last year and wish my poor uncle had passed differently. It must be so hard for you to be the strong one for the boys but it is probably what your Gran would have wanted. Huge hugs.

Dreamofpink
October 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM
So sorry for the lack of personals ladies. I really hope you're all keeping well. :wave:
We finally exchanged contracts on our house a week ago & will be getting the keys to our new house next Friday. As you can imagine it is manic here & DH isn't allowed anytime off work except for the day before moving day. He has to go in for night shift on moving day!

Anyway, I went for my 31 week check-up today & was told that I have a happy baby! Always wonderful to hear. I was measuring a week ahead though & am above the 90th percentile. I was told not to worry at all but can't help thinking we're in for a bruiser this time! I forgot to ask the midwife when we are encouraged to write our birth plan in the UK. Does anyone know? I remember writing one with ds2 but that was over 4 years ago & I'm not sure if anything's changed. :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk2

meeks32
October 4th, 2013, 06:38 PM
So sorry for the lack of personals ladies. I really hope you're all keeping well. :wave:
We finally exchanged contracts on our house a week ago & will be getting the keys to our new house next Friday. As you can imagine it is manic here & DH isn't allowed anytime off work except for the day before moving day. He has to go in for night shift on moving day!

Anyway, I went for my 31 week check-up today & was told that I have a happy baby! Always wonderful to hear. I was measuring a week ahead though & am above the 90th percentile. I was told not to worry at all but can't help thinking we're in for a bruiser this time! I forgot to ask the midwife when we are encouraged to write our birth plan in the UK. Does anyone know? I remember writing one with ds2 but that was over 4 years ago & I'm not sure if anything's changed. :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk2

So good to hear about the house!! Tell us about the new one! What's it like? Will the kids have their own rooms?

I wouldnt worry, with both my boys I measured ahead and they told me they'd be whoppers. They were, but not as big as I was told! 8 pound 6 and 8 pound 4. Mind you the larger one was born at 42 weeks (so would have been totally normal size) and the smaller one was born at 38 weeks (so would have been a whopper). So it can go either way. Also its pretty normal to track bigger the more babies you have.

We write a birth plan in Australia too, I reckon write it, have it with you at appointments, and see what they say.

Tree
October 5th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Dreamofpink I'm in the uk and for DS1 the midwife and I went through options for birth plan and then made one at one of my appointments. For DS2 I was left to write if myself, I presume it will be the same this time. There is an area in your notes for it where you can say what you do and don't want. They are very good at reading them here and will do everything they can to give you the birth you want... So... Be careful what you ask for! On both I said I wanted natural unmedicated births, this was fine for my first but I was induced second time and desperate for an epidural, there was so much hesitance because of what is put in my plan. :-) This time I will say I want to go natural but if I ask for an epidural I mean it!! Hehe!

I'm starting to think about labour now, its crazy! I'm coming up 30 weeks and that seems a bit strange, like the countdown is properly on. I'm nervous about delivery or that something will be wrong with the baby (I'm such a worrier), but I can't wait to meet my little girl and that fills me with excitement. Please can she be healthy and the delivery smooth!!!

bunnywabbit
October 5th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Hi all! Hope we're all well. Sorry been MIA for a while - can't believe some of you are on 30+ weeks already - where did the time go?!

Nothing to report here, on 2ww at the moment. Am due further blood tests at the end of November to see how they want to proceed as far as referral to hospital for repeated m/c. Have been told to carry on ttc as normal and see what happens until then. So very tempted not to bother testing unless I'm very late for AF.

myrainbowgirl
October 5th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Hi ladies!

Tree - Yes, if you are at 30 weeks, the countdown is on for sure! I bet you are super excited to meet your little lady...how exciting! I keep getting this feeling when I see girl stuff, "One day..." And I really think I will have her one day.
For now, I'm getting more excited to meet Ds4. I think it will only grow! :)

Dream - Good luck with closing on your house! We moved a year ago, so I have btdt, and it is no fun! I can't imagine doing it while pg...but you will do great! And I know you will be so happy to be settled when ds3 is born. :) Glad LO is happy in there...I know you are getting so excited to meet him! Crazy it's so soon!

Bunny - Good luck this month, you just might be preggo! I hope that you don't need all the bloodwork and testing, you never know when one will stick...praying it's soon for you!

AFM - Doing ok, no issues with baby...feeling a little more movement, but still not much. Grrr. Hoping it means he's laid back! God knows I need another like DS2!

In other news, my 94-year-old grandpa had a stroke this week, and it does not look like he's going to make it. He was married 60+ years before my grandma passed away 3 years ago...they have 5 kids and loads of grandkids and great-grandkids. Such a legacy my sweet grandpa is leaving. I got to talk to him on the phone today (he is 1700 miles away across the country), although he couldn't respond much...he did say a couple things, and I was so happy to be able to say goodbye and tell him how much I love him. Done some crying today, but I know I will see him again in heaven one day. :)

I Love Ladybugs
October 7th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Myrainbowgirl.....I have this feeling that your DS4 is going to be a gentle echo of your grandpa...my DS2 is often teased by my dad as being just like my maternal grandpa (who passed away when I was 2.5). I feel a sense of pride and joy when he mentions it and while I think he can mean it in less than the nice way, my understanding from my mom and grandma is of a great, humble, hardworking sweet man who I will one day meet in Heaven. I have been trying to spend time with my grandma, she is near the end as well, and I will miss her greatly.

Bunnywabbit...I am keeping it all crossed for you!! I want you and all the oldtimers to be getting a great Thanksgiving (Canadian one next week) surprise and bfp!!!

Myhappypixi....lots of love and hugs for you! I know how it feels to be cheated out of saying goodbye to a grandma....and know that you must feel such loss. You are a great mommy....and you can honour your grandma by just being you!

bunnywabbit
October 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Myhappypixi and Myrainbowgirl, I'm so sorry about your news. You are both in my thoughts xx

Iloveladybugs, I can't believe you're at 30 weeks already! Hoping you and bump are well.

How is everyone else doing? Pumpkin, TTCPink, have you had any luck? FX for little pink bundles soon... xx

AFM, I'm just going to be taking each cycle as they come and deal with whatever they throw at me. As bad as it sounds, I'm not sure if I'm more scared about becoming pregnant in case I lose it, or more scared about not being able to conceive.

Mathilde
October 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Good evening ladies, am staying up a little late this evening and must go to bed soon, think IŽm entering my 21 week:) Feeling more and more, he is most active around 1100 in the morning and 1700 in the afternoon and 2000 in the evening.
Getting to terms with him being a him, mostly digging a huge pile of dirt over the whole issue for now;) And sometimes feel small twinges of anticipation into who he is, what he will look like and so on, but mostly quite detached, sadly.. IŽm bringing another member into the family, but not MY longed for daughter. That shows really the basics for me in this: this is for my family, not for me..
Otherwise, boss was really terrible about me being away, saying things like youŽll work less when you have 3 children, as all women I know have psycological problems if they donŽt and so on!!! I couldn't believe my own ears when he was speaking to me and tried my best to keep my happy business face on.. Sod him, maby IŽll get back at him sooner than planned with my DD next year;) ThatŽll show him:)

DH is away for the week trekking in the mountains as he is between jobs on quarantine, so enjoying himself with the dogs, I persuaded him to go as I donŽt think heŽll get a chance like this in the near future;)

Anyway, glad to see all our little ones are still in there! Sorry to hear about grandparents..

Mathilde

Dreamofpink
October 7th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the well-wishes regarding our house move ladies. This is our penultimate night in this house, or rather it would be for me if my stupid restless legs would let me sleep! I've been on my feet all day sorting out the ironing & packing etc. I can't wait to get settled into our new house. It's a 4 bed detached which is a lot bigger than we have now - a 3 bed semi. Our two are very insistent on sharing a room though, so we'll have the fourth bedroom as a play/school room. They've always shared & love it.

Is anyone else noticing changes within themselves? My milk is in & I have itchy nipples! I just feel like my boobs have started to grow again & what with mild period pains & B/Hicks my body is beginning to prepare. I'm doing an awful lot of walking & keeping very active, so I hope it'll go in my favour.

My thoughts are with you ladies who are going through tough times with much-loved relatives just now. It must be so hard & coupled with pregnancy hormones even more emotionally-charged. I hope you have the support you need irl, even though we're here to listen too. :hugs:

Dreamofpink
October 7th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Bunnywabbit, I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I admire you for sticking with this thread full of pregnant ladies! I hope that I'm not making it worse by offering this anecdotal story, but it has a very happy ending. My cousin conceived 3 times over a couple of years & m/c around 10/11 weeks with each pregnancy. She & her DH went for all the tests & they all came back as unexplained infertility. She scaled things back at work a bit, went for accupuncture & last Dec gave birth to her perfect little boy. She certainly walked a hard road before he came to bless them all.

Don't give up hope, it'll happen & when it does you'll have the best present ever! Thinking of you x x

meeks32
October 7th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the well-wishes regarding our house move ladies. This is our penultimate night in this house, or rather it would be for me if my stupid restless legs would let me sleep! I've been on my feet all day sorting out the ironing & packing etc. I can't wait to get settled into our new house. It's a 4 bed detached which is a lot bigger than we have now - a 3 bed semi. Our two are very insistent on sharing a room though, so we'll have the fourth bedroom as a play/school room. They've always shared & love it.

Is anyone else noticing changes within themselves? My milk is in & I have itchy nipples! I just feel like my boobs have started to grow again & what with mild period pains & B/Hicks my body is beginning to prepare. I'm doing an awful lot of walking & keeping very active, so I hope it'll go in my favour.

My thoughts are with you ladies who are going through tough times with much-loved relatives just now. It must be so hard & coupled with pregnancy hormones even more emotionally-charged. I hope you have the support you need irl, even though we're here to listen too. :hugs:

The house sounds amazing hon, I bet you can't wait!!

HOW on earth did you get your boys to share? What age did you start them sharing? I have tried on numerous occasions, when ds1 was 2.5 & ds2 6 months, when ds1 was 3.5 and ds2 was 18 months, and recently when ds1 turned 4 and ds2 turned 2. Each and every time it doesnt work despite me giving it a good 4-5 nights (of hell) before quitting. They sleep through in their own rooms unless sick, and ds1 gets up to go to the toilet 1-2 times a night. The most recent issue was two fold. One, ds2 won't stop getting up and annoying ds1. Two, ds1 wakes ds2 by accident when he gets up to go to the toilet. They were up until 10.30pm each night when we tried to get them to share, and woke every few hours in addition to that. Where usually they settle in their own rooms at 7pm fairly fast, dont get up or be naughty and sleep through.

So our next baby is going to have to sleep in a very very small study that used to be a laundry room, right near our bedroom. If I can't get the boys to share by Feb!

Mathilde I'm sorry you are having a rough time, I have no advice thats useful because obviously my situation is different right now, I hope the thread for ttc pink swayers having boys is of help to you. Big hugs.

Dreamofpink
October 8th, 2013, 03:45 AM
The house sounds amazing hon, I bet you can't wait!!

HOW on earth did you get your boys to share? What age did you start them sharing? I have tried on numerous occasions, when ds1 was 2.5 & ds2 6 months, when ds1 was 3.5 and ds2 was 18 months, and recently when ds1 turned 4 and ds2 turned 2. Each and every time it doesnt work despite me giving it a good 4-5 nights (of hell) before quitting. They sleep through in their own rooms unless sick, and ds1 gets up to go to the toilet 1-2 times a night. The most recent issue was two fold. One, ds2 won't stop getting up and annoying ds1. Two, ds1 wakes ds2 by accident when he gets up to go to the toilet. They were up until 10.30pm each night when we tried to get them to share, and woke every few hours in addition to that. Where usually they settle in their own rooms at 7pm fairly fast, dont get up or be naughty and sleep through.

So our next baby is going to have to sleep in a very very small study that used to be a laundry room, right near our bedroom. If I can't get the boys to share by Feb!

Thanks Meeks. It sounds as if you've had a rough time trying to get the boys to share. Would putting ds2 in with the baby be an option at all? I don't really remember exactly when we put ours in together. I guess ds2 was around 4-5 months old & ds1 would've been 2 & quarter. We had no choice as we were in a 2 bed rented house briefly as we'd just moved to the area & were looking for a house to buy.

I already had ds1 on a bedtime routine & ds2 just seemed to slot right in too. They've never woken each other up through the night on a regular basis only very ocasionally if one wakes for a wee the other may wake too. When we moved here it just seemed right to keep them together really. In fact they can't sleep without one another. Ds1 has recently started Beavers & ds2 is too young to go. He's at such a loss for that hour & to watch them give each other a big hug & kiss before is so sweet. The only problem is I cannot get ds2 to go to bed at their usual time of 7.15pm as ds1 isn't there to go with him. Also we've had to collect ds1 some weeks when DH was working, leaving ds2 exhausted the next day.

When viewing the new house we asked them if they wanted their own rooms & they looked at us in horror & said 'no way!' I can see this one wanting to be in with them too at some point! :D

thehappypixi
October 8th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Getting lots of kicks now, proper little wiggler :) I put my scan date back because of funeral on Tuesday as it was meant to be Wednesday, so will be Friday. Thinking I will ask for a potty shot to take away, and then I have the option to find out before the birth. (I know I can look at work, but if I do I have to finish my shift knowing and I think I'd rather be alone when/if I find out).

Still feeling numb. Hard watching the world carry on as normal when it feels like everything should stop :/

meeks32
October 9th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Getting lots of kicks now, proper little wiggler :) I put my scan date back because of funeral on Tuesday as it was meant to be Wednesday, so will be Friday. Thinking I will ask for a potty shot to take away, and then I have the option to find out before the birth. (I know I can look at work, but if I do I have to finish my shift knowing and I think I'd rather be alone when/if I find out).

Still feeling numb. Hard watching the world carry on as normal when it feels like everything should stop :/

Big hugs x

myrainbowgirl
October 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Happypixi - I am so sorry about your grandma. Praying for you and your family! BIG hugs. That's a great idea about gender...that way you have the option right at your fingertips!

Ladybugs - What a sweet thing to say...I hope you're right! I have so much respect for my grandpa...would be thrilled for DS4 to be like him. :) Hope you're well!

Sorry for the lack of personals...hope everyone is well!

20-wk appt. yesterday...all is well. :) Starting to get comments from random people now, guess it's obvious I'm preggo. Most comments have been nice or neutral, but I got a truly negative one yesterday...Had all 3 boys with me to pick up DS2 from preschool. DS3 was wanting to run around the school and didn't want to leave, so unfortunately, I had to pick him up literally kicking and screaming when leaving. One mom (who of course has her perfect little girl and boy) looks at me with a look of disgust on her face and says, "OMG, and you're pregnant with your fourth! Are you just going to assume it's another boy??" I told her it was another boy and that yes, it was going to be crazy. Nothing else was said. Grrr. That kind of comment is exactly what I was dreading about being pg with boy#4...it just brings back all my negative feelings. I still just can't believe we haven't had at least one girl out of four. Ugh, I just don't understand. One day I will, I'm sure, and will be glad for it. I really do trust God's plan, but it's still painful. Still holding out for a girl next time, assuming we do it again. I really go back and forth about it, but at the moment feel like we almost HAVE to...feel like God said it, and now He's gotta do it! Exciting on one hand, so scary on the other. Fortunately, that's a ways away, so I don't need to stress over it now!

My grandpa is still hanging on, but he is in hospice care, and not at all expected to recover. So it's just a waiting game at this point...I did get a chance to say goodbye, which I am so grateful for.

Emily
October 11th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Myrainbowgirl - she said that in front of your boys? Nice! Just proves that girls can easily grow up to be bitches! Maybe that is why God is blessing you with boys;)

I Love Ladybugs
October 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Myrainbowgirl.....I meant what I said....and I know that in my DS2 I have been blessed over and over by those special moments.

AFM...We are getting closer to being done this shed/shop for now, one last hurrah I hope before it is too cold to work on it :) This means that after work, I combine dinner production with climbing up scaffolding, getting boys to bed with helping the hubby outdoors...and just wishing it was mat. leave already. Next Wed. we all have our renal scans to see if the condition only affects the baby, or if it is somewhere else along the line as well. They will also do the follow-up for baby then too...making it easier not to have to go into the neighboring city on the last couple weeks of work for that scan!!

Cagirl09
October 12th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to stop by and say hi since it has been so long since I have been around. I ended up having another m/c in July at about 10 weeks, and it was just too hard for me to be here for a while. I've been doing a lot of healing, both physically and emotionally in the past few months and am now gearing up for future attempts. We plan on going HT this time as I don't feel like I have the stamina to do LE again. We're planning our first cycle attempt with Dr. Potter in January. I'm on a very low carb diet at the moment which is a bit difficult, but nowhere near as tough as LE (for me anyway).

Anyway, its nice to see that so many of you are doing well!

I Love Ladybugs
October 12th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.....however, it is good to hear that your hubby is on board for HT. You only have 3 months of low carbing it and then onto the journey of a lifetime!!! How exciting!!

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to stop by and say hi since it has been so long since I have been around. I ended up having another m/c in July at about 10 weeks, and it was just too hard for me to be here for a while. I've been doing a lot of healing, both physically and emotionally in the past few months and am now gearing up for future attempts. We plan on going HT this time as I don't feel like I have the stamina to do LE again. We're planning our first cycle attempt with Dr. Potter in January. I'm on a very low carb diet at the moment which is a bit difficult, but nowhere near as tough as LE (for me anyway).

Anyway, its nice to see that so many of you are doing well!

bunnywabbit
October 13th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Had a bath this morning and had a small amount of white liquid come from my left breast, which I've never had happen before apart from 2009 when I have my first unconfirmed m/c. I told myself it was hormones - NOTHING more. But caved and tested - POAS (regular, non-frer) and nothing came up, but got called away and left the test. I remembered an hour later and went to bin it - there's a shadow of a line there. I know the test is invalid after 10 minutes so really not taking it for granted (not that I was anyway - no symptoms whatsoever) and am only on 10DPO, so WHYYYY did I have to fold and do the test after I said not until I'm late? Going to TRY and not test until Thursday earliest. We'll go from there...

I Love Ladybugs
October 13th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Bunnywabbit....I was almost out the door this am, but I wanted to let you know I saw your post. I am so wishing and hoping this is your cycle with your sticky little bean....stalking away!!!

Tree
October 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Had a bath this morning and had a small amount of white liquid come from my left breast, which I've never had happen before apart from 2009 when I have my first unconfirmed m/c. I told myself it was hormones - NOTHING more. But caved and tested - POAS (regular, non-frer) and nothing came up, but got called away and left the test. I remembered an hour later and went to bin it - there's a shadow of a line there. I know the test is invalid after 10 minutes so really not taking it for granted (not that I was anyway - no symptoms whatsoever) and am only on 10DPO, so WHYYYY did I have to fold and do the test after I said not until I'm late? Going to TRY and not test until Thursday earliest. We'll go from there...

Not to get your hopes up... But it was a delayed line showing up on a early test I took when ttc that told me ds2 was on the way... :-) Fingers crossed for you!

bunnywabbit
October 14th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks girls. Thinking it was coincidence and a bad test - tested this morning and got nothing whatsoever. Oh well, will wait for AF...

Tree
October 14th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Still keeping fingers and toes crossed for you! Not over until AF shoes...

myrainbowgirl
October 14th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Hi ladies!

Cagirl - Good luck with HT! And I am so sorry for your loss. Glad low-carb diet is going well for you...I don't know if I could do it. Good for you!

Bunnywabbit - You never know, AF is not here yet! Praying this is your month!

AFM - My grandpa finally passed away Saturday night. Leaving tomorrow for 3 days to fly across the country to see my family and go to the funeral. I am going by myself. Not glad for the reason, but very glad to see my family and get a little break. :) Haven't seen them since Christmas! Anyway, that's my news...my little guy is doing just fine. He seems to be very laid-back and quiet. We'll see when he gets here if that is truly his personality!

Tree
October 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Sorry about your grandpa myrainbowgirl!

bunnywabbit
October 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I'm so sorry, myrainbowgirl. My thoughts are with and your family... x

bunnywabbit
October 17th, 2013, 02:35 PM
AF was due this morning (14 DPO) but didn't arrive so tested and got a BFP! Very surprised as was quite a good line. I'm actually quite scared - really hoping this one will stick...

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2013, 02:38 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :cheer:

bunnywabbit
October 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks Atomic! Clutching at straws here, but do you by any chance have any good ideas to help make LO stick? :oops:

Tree
October 17th, 2013, 02:55 PM
AF was due this morning (14 DPO) but didn't arrive so tested and got a BFP! Very surprised as was quite a good line. I'm actually quite scared - really hoping this one will stick...

Yay!! Totally thought you would get your BFP. Thrilled for you. X

GeCon
October 17th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Bunny and Pumpkin, congrats on your BFP's. Brilliant news. Mini-Bunny and Mini-Pumpkin, come on and stick, stick, stick. :fingers:

meeks32
October 18th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Thanks Atomic! Clutching at straws here, but do you by any chance have any good ideas to help make LO stick? :oops:

Try pm-ing her honey, she doesn't always read these threads regularly enough to get back to you quickly, because she's busy being fabulous all over the site. :-)

mum of 3 boys
October 19th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Hello Myrainbowgirl. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post, but after reading it I wanted to offer you my support. I too am preg with fourth (three boys). Don't know as yet if this one is a boy but I feel like it is. With all the others we told everyone fairly early on. With this one I don't want to tell anyone until I'm practically popping it out!!! lol. I'm huge already (13w3d) so I doubt it'll be much longer. And the reason I don't want to say anything is because of the stupid comments I know I'll get - like you have. I'm so sorry for all the ignorant people you may have to come across.
I'm actually ok if I have a boy. This is def last baby for us. Too make matters worse, on my side of the family there were only grandsons until my only sister had a lovely girl 13 weeks ago. Now everyone saying I bet you want a girl now. Ugh!! Like the only reason you want a baby is because someone else has one!!!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy...that it's idiot free...and you have a lovely healthy bub at the end.
As another mum of four mentioned to me 4 of the same sex is rare and special. It's all up to the fates. Bless us all with healthy babies - no matter the sex.

I Love Ladybugs
October 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Bunnywabbit and Pumpkin............I am so thrilled for both of you! Now Sunflower and TTCpink...it is your turn next!!!!! Praying for sticky pink beans all around!!!!

Myrainbowgirl...how did all the travel and seeing family go? How are you are and your new little man feeling?

Meeks...have you done any more shopping at all? I did by a few used clothes a little bit ago, but pretty much it is all at a standstill in the baby department here.

Emily....any news on the flights? How are you feeling about the travel the closer it gets? Have your boys sustained any more injuries??? Hopefully, it has been calm sailing at your house in these last few months!!!!

Dream...how is the new house??? How settled do you feel with the new location? Any baby news to report?

Charlee...I have been thinking and praying for you a lot this last week. How are you and your wee gentleman doing? I hope that he is still getting bigger and stronger inside you.... ((((hugs))))

AFM....our renal scans ended up being rescheduled, same with the 32 week u/s for baby. I am counting down the week of work until mat. leave....feeling very tired with all the work on the shed/shop also coming to a close as well.

Welcome Mom of 3 boys!!!!

And Gecon...lovely little sleeper! You must be buying up a storm for your boy!!! He is going to be one smartly dressed chap :)

myrainbowgirl
October 19th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Hi ladies,
Thanks for all your condolences...was so glad to be able to go and be with my family!

Pumpkin & bunnywabbit - CONGRATS!! So happy to hear. Stick, babies, stick!!

Mumof3boys - Thank you for your encouragement! So far, that one comment is the only truly negative one I've heard. Fx for you to get your baby girl! Will you find out?

For the most part, I didn't hear any negative comments while I was on my trip...so happy about that! And really so far, only one truly negative comment...praying it stays that way. I know I need to just let it go even if I do hear it, but it's tough. Why oh WHY do I let other people's opinions matter?? Ugh. Working on it!

Baby boy is still pretty quiet...but overall feeling more movement, so not worried. Can't believe I'm 21.5 weeks already...time has been absolutely flying this pregnancy! We'll be holding our babies before we know it!

bunnywabbit
October 20th, 2013, 03:30 AM
17 DPO (estimated 4+0). Cramping disappeared while I was out all day yesterday. Back again as predicted but still mild. Don't want to count my chickens yet, but thinking it looks like a better line today. Not sure if it's enough of a change from the last one I took though.

I believe this week should be implantation week (if it hasn't already). Really hoping the little bean makes it through the week.

meeks32
October 20th, 2013, 04:49 AM
17 DPO (estimated 4+0). Cramping disappeared while I was out all day yesterday. Back again as predicted but still mild. Don't want to count my chickens yet, but thinking it looks like a better line today. Not sure if it's enough of a change from the last one I took though.

I believe this week should be implantation week (if it hasn't already). Really hoping the little bean makes it through the week.

Implantation has already happened hon, the embryo doesn't omit hcg (which is what is measured on the preg tests) until it implants. As you know, every 48hrs the hcg roughly doubles BUT don't stress about line darkness because your urine can be more or less diluted even if you always hold all night and use fmu, what you drank or ate and what your body used each day can affect the output. Atomic reminded me of that when I was bfp-obsessing like you, and it helped me relax. Hope I have done the same.

Emily
October 20th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Bunnywabbit and Pumpkin............I am so thrilled for both of you! Now Sunflower and TTCpink...it is your turn next!!!!! Praying for sticky pink beans all around!!!!

Myrainbowgirl...how did all the travel and seeing family go? How are you are and your new little man feeling?

Meeks...have you done any more shopping at all? I did by a few used clothes a little bit ago, but pretty much it is all at a standstill in the baby department here.

Emily....any news on the flights? How are you feeling about the travel the closer it gets? Have your boys sustained any more injuries??? Hopefully, it has been calm sailing at your house in these last few months!!!!

Dream...how is the new house??? How settled do you feel with the new location? Any baby news to report?

Charlee...I have been thinking and praying for you a lot this last week. How are you and your wee gentleman doing? I hope that he is still getting bigger and stronger inside you.... ((((hugs))))

AFM....our renal scans ended up being rescheduled, same with the 32 week u/s for baby. I am counting down the week of work until mat. leave....feeling very tired with all the work on the shed/shop also coming to a close as well.

Welcome Mom of 3 boys!!!!

And Gecon...lovely little sleeper! You must be buying up a storm for your boy!!! He is going to be one smartly dressed chap :)

Well I am booked on a flight but not sure if I will actually fit in the seat as they cannot confirm that I have extra legroom yet! I am flying just before 36 weeks so will be big but not about to pop!

Thanks for asking - apart from a mild motorbike burn on DS1s leg (do not ask!) we are all healthy and without incident!

Bunnywabbit that is still a very BFP - fingers crossed for you.

Ladybugs sorry your scan has been delayed and hope you can take it easy till mat leave.

bunnywabbit
October 20th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Implantation has already happened hon, the embryo doesn't omit hcg (which is what is measured on the preg tests) until it implants. As you know, every 48hrs the hcg roughly doubles BUT don't stress about line darkness because your urine can be more or less diluted even if you always hold all night and use fmu, what you drank or ate and what your body used each day can affect the output. Atomic reminded me of that when I was bfp-obsessing like you, and it helped me relax. Hope I have done the same.

That's what I thought too. Was looking at Google for something and it said implantation is at 4 weeks which really threw me off. Stupid Google. Makes me wonder how far along I am - I thought I was 4+0 today!

GeCon
October 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Makes me wonder how far along I am - I thought I was 4+0 today!

When did you ovulate?

GeCon
October 20th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Exciting news, Emily. At least you know things are sorted. When will you be flying out and do you know where you will be giving birth in the UK yet?

bunnywabbit
October 20th, 2013, 10:26 AM
When did you ovulate?

O day was the 3rd. CD1 was 23/9/13

GeCon
October 20th, 2013, 11:06 AM
O day was the 3rd. CD1 was 23/9/13

By ovulation your due date would be 26/06/2014, which would make you 4+4 today.

Pregnancy Due Date Calculator | BabyMed.com (http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator?event=1&cycle_length=20&weeks=5&days=0&ivf_days=3&MM=10&DD=3&YYYY=2013&showResults=1)

Pregnancy Due Date Calculator | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/due-date-calculator.php#results)

bunnywabbit
October 20th, 2013, 11:34 AM
By ovulation your due date would be 26/06/2014, which would make you 4+4 today.

Pregnancy Due Date Calculator | BabyMed.com (http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator?event=1&cycle_length=20&weeks=5&days=0&ivf_days=3&MM=10&DD=3&YYYY=2013&showResults=1)

Pregnancy Due Date Calculator | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/due-date-calculator.php#results)

Wow, ok... I'd been going by CD1 date! I wonder why there's that much of a difference. I usually have a 27 day cycle so going by that I would be 4+3. Would explain why the earlier BFN changed to a BFP so suddenly. Thanks GeCon!

GeCon
October 20th, 2013, 12:22 PM
It is a bit crazy how they calculate the due date or date a pregnancy by last menstrual period really.

With my 1st my pregnancy I was dated over a month out due to my long cycles and the MW only going by LMP and not at all listening to me telling them that I knew that I ovulated about a month later than they thought. Had the negative effect that I went to my 12 week scan at only 8 weeks pregnant, so obviously saw a lot less than we would have at 12 weeks. It was only then when they changed my due date.

With this pregnancy I decided to just adjust my LMP to what it would have been with a textbook cycle and told them my CD1 would have been whatever corresponded with my ovulation date.

So if you are confident when you ovulated and want them to use that date, you could tell them that your LMP was 19th September, which would then give you your o date of 3rd and due date accordingly.

Conception Calculator - estimates probable conception conceive and due dates of baby in pregnancy Baby2see (http://www.baby2see.com/conception_calculator.html#ConceptionCalculator)

bunnywabbit
October 20th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Did anyone feel... swollen at 4/5 weeks? I could swear I've put on half a cup size already and low stomach feels a little swollen too - can definitely feel my jeans feel tighter. Really hoping it's going to stick... The baby, I mean, not the swelling!

GeCon
October 20th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Definitely, bunny. I have felt bloated pretty much from the start and to be honest I still do now. When I wake up in the mornings, the bloating is usually not too bad, but as soon as I eat something, it's there... until I go to bed...

I Love Ladybugs
October 20th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Bunnywabbit....all I am is bloat!! Ok, on a serious note, I know I am not pre-E swelling or anything, but I feel like my fat cells have exploded in size. Plus, with all the drama of the knee early on, my running was put on hold and my ability to relax and keep weight/size at bay gone. I hope beyond all hopes that you and all the longtermers get to join us with sticky babies!!

Emily
October 21st, 2013, 02:38 AM
Exciting news, Emily. At least you know things are sorted. When will you be flying out and do you know where you will be giving birth in the UK yet?

I will be flying at the end of November and giving birth in a hospital near my sister. I know people will wonder why I flew half way round the world to give birth on the NHS rather than a super duper private clinic in Bangkok but I just couldn't risk being out there on my own with DS before DH could join us. Don't think DS2 would be much cop as a birthing partner. At least this way if she is early I will have my Mum or sister around.

If I can hold off till 38 weeks on the dot DH will be there albeit jet lagged! DS2 was born at 38 weeks and two days so we should be fine LOL. It is so funny how cavalier I have got about the while thing now that I know I will be in the UK with docs that won't be trying to make a profit out of me and who will speak English.

Pumpkin2011
October 21st, 2013, 04:39 AM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes, still not sure if it's ok to join you guys because I am too scared I am going to lose this little one again.

The past two days were HELL for me! We've been at a wedding and I had very very little sleep. Huge temp drop on Saturday and Sunday which freaked me out. I was sure it was over again, couldn't stop worrying. Feeling much better today though, temps are going up again and HPT's are still getting darker. I have only two more test left, not going to buy new ones.

15dpo:

GeCon
October 21st, 2013, 07:41 AM
:wave: Pumpkin. Nice to see you here. Take your time and post as often or as little as you feel comfortable with.

Sorry to hear about your stressful weekend, try to get some rest this week. Nice and dark test, I don't think there is any need for you to get any more either. ;)

I Love Ladybugs
October 21st, 2013, 09:08 AM
Emily...my DS2 was born at 38w2d as well!! I don't think that I will be holding out for my Dec. due date as much as I would like to. It is such good news to hear that you will be in the UK to deliver...makes me just relax on your behalf. Also, your boys not getting into too many scrapes....excellent to hear that :)

Pumpkin......as with each of your longtermers that gets their BFP, I pray that "she" or "they" are sticky, healthy little babies and that you get to hang out here all the way to June and beyond!!! That is a dark test....mine was nothing close to that on 15dpo!

Gecon....what have you been up to? You are so close to third tri!! Has any of your items for your boy arrived? Has the name issue been discussed/solved? Hope you have a lovely week ahead!!!

To the rest of this lovely group...have a fantastic day!! I will be around more starting this weekend....working the last of my work days and the siding on the shed will be complete by tomorrow at 6:42 pm ;)

Charlee
October 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Hi ladies! I am so out of the loop... lol... I've been far more busy since my Dr took me out of work. I swear I got far more rest at work than I do at home! There is always something to do here, whereas at work I felt justified in slacking LMAO... my house is nowhere near ready but it's getting there... I am switching rooms for my ds's ... they are getting their own bedrooms now and the baby will co sleep with me :) it's a crazy amount of work to move their rooms though, and it's honestly sick how many toys they have! LMAO... I am working on ******lining my life and house!

How is everyone coming along? Ladybug how is your brother? How are YOU doing?

Emily good luck on your trip! I have so much respect for you having the courage to fly that late in pregnancy, I am sending all my positive energy your way that everything goes smoothly and easily for you :)

How about you myrainbowgirl, GeCon, Mathilde.... and everyone else! We are getting there ladies, one big day at a time... lol :)

thehappypixi
October 22nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Haven't checked in for ages! Hope everyone is well, you're all ahead of me I think, so nearly popping time for some of you?!
Can't believe I'm half way, probably more as I've never gone over 39 weeks :) Scan on Friday... Will I have a wobble and find out, I don't knowwww!

meeks32
October 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM
Haven't checked in for ages! Hope everyone is well, you're all ahead of me I think, so nearly popping time for some of you?!
Can't believe I'm half way, probably more as I've never gone over 39 weeks :) Scan on Friday... Will I have a wobble and find out, I don't knowwww!

Do it, do it, do it! Sorry I have no self restraint and couldn't possibly wait to find out myself so I'm biased.

meeks32
October 22nd, 2013, 09:13 PM
Em I was so happy to hear you found a place to stay when you go back to the UK, close to your parents but not under their feet. That sounds perfect. Make sure after the flight you book them for a whole day of babysitting so you can rest at least the day after you arrive. I'm excited for it!

I Love Ladybugs
October 24th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Sorry to not reply yesterday to your questions Charlee.....my brother is doing amazing! He is literally the walking miracle...and I have no doubt that angels were watching over him :)
The scan yesterday for her had one measurement that was 1 week off....I am trying to tune out it, she was laying transverse, it was only one measurement of one week in terms of still being within the 5th percentile, all other scans have been good for this measurement.
My good news though is that after I finish work today, I start mat. leave!!!!! So close I can feel the relaxing already...hahaha, I know how you feel Charlee, we do so much at home that it might not be the baby vacation I want it to be unless I really just take that time for me, DS2 and baby.

bunnywabbit
October 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM
The big 5+0 today. I know it isn't far at all but further than the last pregnancies. Going to make the pregnancy official on Monday (my birthday) and book an appointment with the doctor. Wondering if I'll be sent for early or additional scans since I have a history of miscarriage.

GeCon
October 24th, 2013, 02:46 PM
bunnywabbit, still keeping everything crossed for your sticky mini-bunny. I would maybe mention it to them if you are concerned (understandably so), they sometimes send people with a history like this for a reassurance scan. Better than mum-to-be and baby stressing.

GeCon
October 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Sorry I have been quiet, ladies. Well, we are officially 28 weeks today, can't believe it, time is really flying by this time.

Had my flu jab at the beginning of the week, ended up with a giant bruise and pain in my arm. Finally getting better now.

Ladybugs, yes, all of the items ordered have arrived. :) The name we have sorted, we are happy with it and DS1 already calls him by that name too. Feels like he is already a "real" part of our family without actually being here yet. I am unsure if he is just very active or if I just feel him move more than I did with DS1 as you are supposed to feel more with subsequent pregnancies. And BH.... I remember having some with DS1, but this time is a completely different matter. I have them so often already, it is unreal. Anyone else?

Can't believe we are so close to Christmas and having our babies now. The 1st babies should start arriving soon. :)

Tree
October 24th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Hi girls, sorry I've not been about much and have probably missed quite a bit...
Newly pregs very very exciting. Fingers and toes crossed for beautiful healthy girls!!
I'm 32 weeks now and officially in the uncomfortable phase of pregnancy... I always go over due so I probably still have quite a wait in front of me. But sometimes I have a little daydream that this baby will come early like in 5 weeks time. :-) It will likely be double that.
I had my final scan and they are still saying girl, I just still can't believe it and don't think I will until I hold her and see for myself.

GeCon
October 24th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Forgot to say we also have our last official scan scheduled for next week. Looking forward to seeing our wee man again, never had a scan this late in pregnancy with DS1, so we are very excited.

On that note: thehappypixi, I would so find out tomorrow. For me it was a huge step towards getting ready for this wee man.

TTCPink
October 24th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Hi Girls! I haven't checked in here for awhile. I can't believe how far along some of you are already!! Prayers and blessings for the remainder of your pregnancies and before we know it, deliveries!! It will be so exciting when these sweet babies arrive and we get to see the newborn pictures of the sweet little ones...

AFM, I am on my first month of Clomid, 2-3 DPO. I also had an HSG test last cycle. I am hoping between the HSG and Clomid we will finally have some luck soon and get a BFP!!

:hugs:

thehappypixi
October 25th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hello all you lovely ladies!
Scan went really well, everything where it should be al the i's dotted etc.

She asked if I would like t know the sex, and I had decided to ask her to take a picture of the 'area' so I could go home and look at it in private.

I had my mum there, and both boys so it was kind of crazy, anyway, I guess I forgot to close my eyes... I didn't want to find out in there, but I did.

thehappypixi
October 25th, 2013, 09:34 AM
This is the picture, I had to ask her to say it, because I'd seen it and I needed to hear the word...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/thehappypixi/01f2931c39b863514df136a716b6044f.jpg

Still in shock. Still in disbelief. Still dressing it in the boys old clothes!
I feel a pang posting this knowing how each of our ourneys have taken us different directions and id like to day a huge thank you to each and everyone of you for just being there! I still feeling the weight of having come to terms with another son, so I'm all over the shop! Needless to say, extatic! But I do wish I could have a glass of wine!

bunnywabbit
October 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
That's fantastic news, happypixi, congrats! Such a lovely profile of bubba too. So happy for you! :hug2:

I Love Ladybugs
October 25th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Bunnywabbit...it is nice to see a baby bunny ticker in your siggy!!!!!! Congrats again!!

Happypixi......great pix!!! And I bet is was lovely to hear the word!!! She is a cutie!!

Gecon....having a name with DS2 made it so much more real for me and comforting that he was joining our family. Your clothes purchases for him are adorable...My DS1 looks at your avatar and says "that shirt is so cute"!! Lol, we know it is pjs, but he sees it as a shirt. I too had never had a scan past 19 weeks preggo, so this time around I marvel at how big the baby is on scan!

TTC pink....I am stalking all you girls over there.....it is so exciting to see some new BFPs and I want yours to be in there! I had had 3 m/cs prior to DS1 and the cycle I conceived on was the HSG cycle....he is proof that even if all is "clear" on the HSG, that a sticky baby can happen right after! Best of luck!!!!

AFM...celebrating first day of mat. leave and my birthday. Enjoying a leisurely day with the boys.....and lots of cuddles!!!

GeCon
October 25th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Happypixi, congrats on your little girl. :) Enjoy buying pink.

Ladybug, welcome to maternity leave. Enjoy every minute of it and Happy Birthday! :celebrate:

Pumpkin2011
October 25th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Happy birthday ladybugs!! Hope you are having a wonderful day.
:cheerteam:

Happypixi awesome news huge congrats! I bet you must be soooo relieved you've decided to find out. Now you can enjoy the pregnancy even more :).

GeCon may I ask what name you decided on? Need some inspiration :).

Bunny glad to see a ticker on your signature, it makes it easier to stalk you :). I can't wait to have my own ticker but I am not brave enough yet.

Ladybugs I LOVE how you are wishing for "her" or "them" to be sticky ones, thank you so much!

I am so unbelievably tired I wish I could have some sleep. I could have taken a nap earlier today when DS was in kindergarten but I had too much on my mind.

Only 3 more days until my first scan. The first few weeks are hell. I keep going through all the possible scenarios from quadruplets to miscarriage which is driving me crazy. I can't wait for that moment when I see a heartbeat on the screen!!! The other day DS put his head on my belly and I asked him "honey how many are in there? 1,2 or 3?" And he replied "or 4 mommy" :twins:.

I took my last HPT today at 19dpo:

GeCon
October 25th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Lovely dark line, Pumpkin.

thehappypixi
October 25th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone :D

I am now counting down the shifts I have left, 15 and counting! Leaving just before Christmas, and... I don't plan on ever going back! Stay at home mum for me from now one! Joshua is over the moon, he hates seeing me go in the evening, even though its only twice a week.

Tree
October 25th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Happipixi yayayayay!!! Huge congratulations!! It takes a really long time to sink in. As I said in my last post, even after quite a few scans I still can't quite believe I'm having a girl i don't think I will until she is in my arms. Enjoy enjoy enjoy. And buy a few girlie bits... It's fun!

Waiting4Daisy
October 25th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Oh pixi so delighted for you Hun! What wonderful news xxxx

bunnywabbit
October 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Bunnywabbit...it is nice to see a baby bunny ticker in your siggy!!!!!! Congrats again!!

Happypixi......great pix!!! And I bet is was lovely to hear the word!!! She is a cutie!!

Gecon....having a name with DS2 made it so much more real for me and comforting that he was joining our family. Your clothes purchases for him are adorable...My DS1 looks at your avatar and says "that shirt is so cute"!! Lol, we know it is pjs, but he sees it as a shirt. I too had never had a scan past 19 weeks preggo, so this time around I marvel at how big the baby is on scan!

TTC pink....I am stalking all you girls over there.....it is so exciting to see some new BFPs and I want yours to be in there! I had had 3 m/cs prior to DS1 and the cycle I conceived on was the HSG cycle....he is proof that even if all is "clear" on the HSG, that a sticky baby can happen right after! Best of luck!!!!

AFM...celebrating first day of mat. leave and my birthday. Enjoying a leisurely day with the boys.....and lots of cuddles!!!

A huuuuge happy birthday to you! :celebrate: I've just come back from my birthday meal (mine's not until Monday but scheduling around family) - was fantastic to be able to have a 'normal' meal.

Enjoy maternity leave. Not really allowing myself to go there yet, but I'm pretty sure I'd be lost as to what to do with myself apart from go crazy waiting for LO to arrive!

bunnywabbit
October 25th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Wow, pumpkin! That's one awesome line! I never thought I'd see a test as strong as the control line. Running round my head whether or not I should do another test tomorrow (just to torment myself!) We'll see...

Going to the doctors on Monday to make LO 'official'. Going to ask if I get any extra scans because of previous m/c. Hoping the weather holds so I can get there and back - UK is supposed to have pretty horrific gale-like weather on Monday....

Emily
October 25th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Congratulations pixi:) wonderful news that everything thing looks good and pink as well:) it won't sink in fir a while! Meeks and I chatted about this recently - it is a dream come true and till the baby is out it is hard to believe. I even googled whether it was possible for a boy to be born with girls bits when i found out!

Great line pumpkin!

Sorry for the lack of personals but DH away again and my darling boys are getting up stupidly early and firing on all cylinders whilst mummy would rather lie o n the sofa and watch TV!!! I hear crashes upstairs;(

bunnywabbit
October 26th, 2013, 02:41 AM
23DPO. Not as dark as the control line or pumpkin's but looks like this one wants to stick for now I hope...

Pumpkin2011
October 26th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Bunny that's an awesome line! And the most important thing is that it is getting darker which means HCG is rising :). I am praying this is it for us!!

Charlee
October 26th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Congrats Pixi!!!!

Pumpkin and Bunny - I know it's hard to relax, I'm a constant wreck the entire pregnancy so I have no room to talk, but TRY :) Enjoy these moments, because they are so fleeting...

I have my induction date... baby boy will be born on December 3rd! Just a little over a month now... it may be the longest month of my life! :)

I Love Ladybugs
October 26th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Charlee...it will be a long month for you!!! In the context of 9 months, it is all long/short in the same breath, but waiting for baby to arrive does seem endless :)

My prenatal visit yesterday was not the best in getting questions answered...instead they brought up courtesy of the radiologist that there "may" be a cyst on the good kidney. Not the type of news I want to hear...I felt quite crappy despite it being a good birthday and all (thanks for all the wishes here girls!!!). I sulked a little yesterday evening mostly because while I know that the next 6.5 weeks will fly by, I don't know how prepared I am for the first few appts when she is here. Any mention of the head measurement that was lagging was dismissed and so I wait a week to find out what is going to be the appt sequence and what I am to do....at least my boys will keep me occupied and full of enthusiasm for spending time with them!!!!

Bunnywabbit....and Pumpkin.....those are nice dark lines! I too know the feeling of every day being long, every week being an eternity for waiting for baby. You both are in my prayers for sticky babies!!!! And we all know how much we all want the rest of the longtermers to get those nice BFPs too!!!!

bunnywabbit
October 26th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Congrats Pixi!!!!

Pumpkin and Bunny - I know it's hard to relax, I'm a constant wreck the entire pregnancy so I have no room to talk, but TRY :) Enjoy these moments, because they are so fleeting...

I have my induction date... baby boy will be born on December 3rd! Just a little over a month now... it may be the longest month of my life! :)

Thanks Charlee. I'm trying to relax - I know only too well how fast that time goes. Can't believe how soon your baby is due - what a lovely Christmas present.

Hoping you're all well. So sorry your appointment didn't goes as planned ladybugs xx

myrainbowgirl
October 26th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Happypixi - Wow!! Congrats! Now I'm curious about your nub that you thought was boy! Do you have a pic? Would love to see. :) Enjoy every minute getting ready for little girl!

Ladybugs - Happy birthday (belated)! So sorry your appt. didn't go as you'd hoped. You honestly seem to be handling it very well...and that's the best you can do for your little girl!

Charlee - Wow, only a month or so!! Fx baby stay put until then! Glad you're well. :)

Bunny and Pumpkin - Yay for super dark lines! Will pray those little babies are growing away in there!

Everyone else - Hi!

AFM - Doing fine. Had some back pain for a couple of weeks, but seems to have improved the last couple days. Definitely feeling more movement now, but still think he's a little quieter than my others were. Not worried, though. Crazy to be over halfway there! Emotionally, I am mostly ok, but still have moments of "I cannot believe out of 4 babies, not one is a girl." Sad. But, I truly believe God's promise...honestly seeing more rainbows than ever. I think He is giving me this extra little gift before he brings her to us...and I'm ok with that. Sometimes, hearing about and seeing other people's big families helps SO much...other people do it, too! My grandpa that just passed away had 5 kids...and there is so much love and laughter and fun when everyone is together. I can totally picture it in my future! Excited for that. :)

thehappypixi
October 27th, 2013, 01:28 AM
I did it at work myself so havent got a pic, I still swear it was a boy nub! LOL! Im glad i saw it though as it brought me down to earth and made me ready to accept either result at the end of the day, as on my 12 week scan I though girl when watching the screen. I shall no longer consider myself a nub expert, I retire!

bunnywabbit
October 27th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Bunny glad to see a ticker on your signature, it makes it easier to stalk you :). I can't wait to have my own ticker but I am not brave enough yet.

But, but... your line is better than mine! I hope you get a ticker soon so we can stalk you too! :oops: x

Pumpkin2011
October 27th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks bunny!! I had good lines with my last pregnancy and it still ended in a miscarriage. Besides, I don't see a difference in your lines and mine ;). Are you having your first scan tomorrow?

I am sooo close to my first scan and again I am driving myself crazy. I keep searching the net for what I should see and just can't help but think of my early scans with my last two pregnancies. We could already tell at that early stage how it would end :(.

Waiting4Daisy
October 27th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Lol happy pixi you give me hope with my nub lol, some people think girl (of my old friends from ig not on here), some boy, some think it is a leg ah lol guess sometimes you just never know! The other day I randomly came across a pic of a classic boy nub that turned out to have been a girl!

Still assuming we are having a boy but not counting myself out quite yet! Congrats bunny and pumpkin

bunnywabbit
October 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks bunny!! I had good lines with my last pregnancy and it still ended in a miscarriage. Besides, I don't see a difference in your lines and mine ;). Are you having your first scan tomorrow?

I am sooo close to my first scan and again I am driving myself crazy. I keep searching the net for what I should see and just can't help but think of my early scans with my last two pregnancies. We could already tell at that early stage how it would end :(.

No, just a trip to the doctor to register the pregnancy (again!). I'm going to ask if I qualify for extra scans or not. Would be nice if they wanted to send me to the hospital that same day, but not very likely. Would also be a shame because DH would want to come and he'd be at work.

Likely not the same thing you're after, but stumbled across this site - shows what your baby should be doing to the day: http://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/first-trimester

How far along are you?

bunnywabbit
October 27th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Ah, just stumbled across this one too, Pumpkin

http://baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans

Pumpkin2011
October 27th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the link bunny! I am exactly 5weeks today, will be 5w2d by the time of my first scan. I am incredibly nervous :(.

If you have the patience (and I know you do because you didn't POAS :), than wait with your scan at least until 7weeks. That's what I would recommend.

GeCon
October 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Things work quite differently in the UK than they do in Germany. In Germany you go to see your gyn and usually see them as well as the midwife all through your pregnancy. My gyn was very keen on doing scans in the beginning to confirm pregnancy, location, etc.

In the UK you usually register your pregnancy with your GP, but don't have your 1st appointment with the MW until around 8 weeks. The scan is usually done at the hospital at 12 weeks, my GP's surgery didn't even have the facility to scan.

Hopefully your GP will send your for an early reassurance scan, Bunny, but if not maybe a private early scan would be an option for you? We had an additional scan with Baby Bond with DS1 and found them very good.

Early Pregnancy Scan, Private Ultrasound Early Scans - Ultrasound-Direct.com (http://www.ultrasound-direct.com/babybond-pregnancy-scans/early-scan/)

GeCon
October 27th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Loving your new avatar, Pumpkin and your ticker, Bunny. :)

bunnywabbit
October 27th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the link bunny! I am exactly 5weeks today, will be 5w2d by the time of my first scan. I am incredibly nervous :(.

If you have the patience (and I know you do because you didn't POAS :), than wait with your scan at least until 7weeks. That's what I would recommend.

That's what I was thinking. Still not a huge amount to see at 7 weeks, but at least bubba will have a heartbeat by then. It also depends on if and when they can slot me in for an appointment.

bunnywabbit
October 27th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Things work quite differently in the UK than they do in Germany. In Germany you go to see your gyn and usually see them as well as the midwife all through your pregnancy. My gyn was very keen on doing scans in the beginning to confirm pregnancy, location, etc.

In the UK you usually register your pregnancy with your GP, but don't have your 1st appointment with the MW until around 8 weeks. The scan is usually done at the hospital at 12 weeks, my GP's surgery didn't even have the facility to scan.

Hopefully your GP will send your for an early reassurance scan, Bunny, but if not maybe a private early scan would be an option for you? We had an additional scan with Baby Bond with DS1 and found them very good.

Early Pregnancy Scan, Private Ultrasound Early Scans - Ultrasound-Direct.com (http://www.ultrasound-direct.com/babybond-pregnancy-scans/early-scan/)

Thanks GeCon, I'll certainly look into that if the GP isn't going to refer me to get an early scan (there's no scan equipment at my GP office either).

Dreamofpink
October 27th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Ladies, I'm so sorry that I've been MIA for ages! I hope everyone's well. :wave:

I've been following when I can & know I said it on the longtermers thread, but I want to wish both of you Pumpkin & Bunnywabbit a huge CONGRATULATIONS on your BFPs!!!! What wonderful news!! I really can't wait to follow your journeys & hope so much that you both have little pink bundles nestled within.

It's been all go here since the beginning of the month. We finally got the keys to our new house on the 11th, but everyday since we've been there decorating & cleaning getting it ready for us to move in in a week or so. We're staying with my parents who only live 10 mins up the road. I haven't been doing the decorating but it's been non-stop for me getting wallpaper, paint etc! I can't believe that there's only 6 weeks until my due date. I really was worried that I'd go late & end up with another section, but it seems this one may have other ideas. I've been keeping really well except for restless legs most nights. However, over the last week my normally heavy discharge (for this pg) has been light-brown tinged on & off. As baby's moving very well I decided to just wait until Tuesday when I see the MW again. I've also been getting loads of BHs. He feels quite low in my pelvis & has been head down since 28 weeks. I've never gone into labour on my own before so I really hope all of this bodes well for me!!

I did have a fall the week before last too. I've been getting dizzy spells & as I walked in the road to get to the driver's door of our car in town I went over my ankle slightly & couldn't catch myself. I ended up hitting the road like a sack of spuds, grazing my knee & elbow but I managed to avoid landing on my bump. Thank goodness!! I know I've just been doing too much really.  Baby was fine after the fall - though I didn't get checked out - it was my pride that was damaged the most! I could've sat in the road & cried when an elderly gent came over to help. The boys were with my mum so thankfully I only had myself to worry about. My DH & parents were not at all happy when they found out about it!

On a side note, the nursery's been finished today & all the carpets in the bedrooms are being fitted tomorrow! Yay!

Charlee, it's strange to think that you have a date for meeting your sweet little baby! Very exciting! My due date according to scans is the 5th but I don't really agree. I think it should be the 12th. Why are they inducing you?

Huge congrats to you too Pixi! :D

bunnywabbit
October 27th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I'm glad you're ok dreamofpink, that must have been a huge fright for you, pregnant or not! Have you had your dizzy spells checked? Thinking I would have cried if it were me. For right now for me, me main worry is getting through the winter without falling - I manage it every. single. year. Is hard enough normally just to get up, brush yourself off and carry on as if nothing happened. Wish I had the money to take the winter off work...

Hoping LO stays put for a few more weeks. I bet the nursery looks fantastic! Any chance of pictures?

Pumpkin2011
October 28th, 2013, 02:55 AM
I am rushing to work just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and a wonderful day bunny!

bunnywabbit
October 28th, 2013, 04:44 AM
I am rushing to work just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and a wonderful day bunny!

Thank you pumpkin! Hoping your day goes well x

GeCon
October 28th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Happy Birthday, Bunny. Hope you have a lovely day!

I Love Ladybugs
October 28th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Happy birthday Bunny!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy celebrating and spending your birthday being pregnant :)

bunnywabbit
October 28th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks girls. Went to the doctor this morning to get this ball rolling. She came to the same due date I had (she disagreed with my date last time), so 26 June is my date unless they decide otherwise at scan. Then out for a little walk and birthday breakfast.

Hoping you're all well. Exhausted today - got next to no sleep (2-2.5 hours) because of the storm last night. Thinking I'm going to have a post-brekkie nap :sleeping:

GeCon
October 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Bunny, did your doctor say anything with regards to an early scan for you? Let me know when you are ready for me to put you on the list in the 1st post. ;)

Post-brekkie nap sounds wonderful... *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Pumpkin2011
October 28th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Only 15h until my scan. I am honestly freaking out I am scared beyond words that something might be wrong again but then I keep telling myself that one out of 4 just has to be healthy and sticky, am I right??? I am so sorry to be such a pain but I promise as soon as I have seen a heartbeat I will be better!

GeCon
October 28th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Pumpkin, totally understandable after what you've been through. And we are here for you, in happy times and in the nervous times before them. All will be fine, you are completely right. :hug2:

bunnywabbit
October 28th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Bunny, did your doctor say anything with regards to an early scan for you? Let me know when you are ready for me to put you on the list in the 1st post. ;)

Post-brekkie nap sounds wonderful... *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Honestly, I'm not too sure. She filled out a form with me about my history of m/c, medical background etc. which she's sending off somewhere. She said I should hear something within the next few weeks. Whether or not that was paperwork to see if I can be assessed or not for early scan, or if it's them that contacts me about the scan, I'm not sure. If I don't hear anything or if the answer is no or if they drag their heels, then I'll pay and get it done.

bunnywabbit
October 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Only 15h until my scan. I am honestly freaking out I am scared beyond words that something might be wrong again but then I keep telling myself that one out of 4 just has to be healthy and sticky, am I right??? I am so sorry to be such a pain but I promise as soon as I have seen a heartbeat I will be better!

I can totally get this. It's going to be difficult for you, maybe even after you get the all-clear. So far you have great lines, so for me I'm taking that as good news. Now I just take things one day at a time r it gets too much for me to deal with. Otherwise I'd be a wreck which can't help the pregnancy! We're all here for you and have our FX for a good test tomorrow x

meeks32
October 28th, 2013, 08:23 PM

Pump I felt the same with waiting for my scan, but I just know this one will be it for you. Deep breath, it will be ok. I'm counting the hours with you and can't wait to hear how many pumpkins are joining you for Halloween this year!!

meeks32
October 28th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Happy birthday bunny, hope you get some sleep!!

Emily
October 29th, 2013, 01:52 AM

It is totally normal to worry and we have all done it. All you can do is try to try to keep busy. On the bright side think of all the years of worry to come - school grades, getting in with the wrong crowd, alcohol, dating etc etc LOL!

Make sure you ask about anything that is bugging you so that you don't worry when you get home.

thehappypixi
October 29th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Good luck Pumpkin xxx

Pumpkin2011
October 29th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Thanks ladies for your support it means the world to me!

I am back from my appointment and sooo relieved. My RE called me into his office and said he is too nervous to talk he needs to see how many are in there first :). Well, we have seen two gestational sacs with a yolk sac inside, everything measuring right on track. The second sac was smaller though and he said he thinks it's twins but all we can do is wait and see if the second one keeps developing. My next appointment is next Thursday (6w4d) and he said we might even see a heartbeat(s).

He even gave me a picture and I didn't have to ask :). He marked the second sac so please let me know what you think.

bunnywabbit
October 29th, 2013, 07:36 AM
OMG! AWW BABY PUMPKINS! Sooo cute! Congrats, pumpkin! x

I Love Ladybugs
October 29th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Pumpkin.....great news to wake up to here!!! I like the looks of your "spooky" little guests.....hopefully both will grown big and strong in the next 35 weeks!!!!!!

GeCon
October 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Great news, Pumpkin. So glad to read all is well. As you know at our 1st scan we saw what potentially might have been two sacs too, although the gyn said it was smaller than the other and could also just be some liquid. At the 2nd scan there was only one baby visible. Either way, even if it is only one in there, as long as it is healthy and sticky, that is all that matters. And if there is another one, it is an added bonus. :)

Pumpkin2011
October 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM
That's exactly what I am thinking GeCon! All I want is one healthy baby and I am unbelievably relieved that the one sac measured right on track. That is all I was wishing for. Twins would be awesome but I won't be disappointed at all if it turns out as a singleton pregnancy :)!

thehappypixi
October 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
So pleased for you Pumpkin! Hoping beany sticks well and truly, and if its two, bonus!
I had a bleed with my first (thought I'd lost my baby) early scan revealed baby was fine, and an area where a bleed could have occurred, like a second sac. Ill always wonder if I started out with two.

Tree
October 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Huge congratulations Pumpkin!! I hope you're feeling more relaxed now. Very exciting indeed. X

myrainbowgirl
October 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Congrats, Pumpkin! So exciting. :)

Dreamofpink
October 29th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Aaah Pumpkin - sooo exciting!!! Lovely picture too :D Either way I hope that this/these LO(s) are here to stay & bring you so much joy! What wonderful news!

Bunny, I hope you had a great birthday. I hope you get an early scan for peace of mind too.

Everyone else - hello!! :wave:

I saw my MW today & forgive me for being stupid but you ladies have a better idea of how far along I am than I did! I went to my appt convinced that I was 33+5 only to be told that I was a week further on! I've only been accessing GD using my phone, so haven't seen my ticker for weeks. Somewhere along the line I got muddled up & thought I was turning 34 weeks on Thurs - d'oh!

Anyway, the appt went very well. Baby's doing brilliantly and I was right, he has dropped. I was stunned when she said that he was 3/5ths engaged! Argh!! I have an appt with her for 3 weeks time & she said "I could be visiting you & baby at home by then!" Bare in mind that we're not moving in until Sunday, it's thrown us all. It doesn't help that I'm getting period pains a lot & have had lower back pain all day. Regarding my cm, she said it was normal. Phew!

She was very supportive of my VBAC & said the midwives on the ward where I want to deliver are very pro-VBAC too. I need to find time now to jot down a few birth preferences in my notes, get a hospital bag up together & dig out the baby equipment we'll need. For a typical planner boy-mum, not having anything organised is weird but oddly liberating. Ha, maybe it'll be the making of me for my next sway! 5 weeks seems a long way off with the way I'm feeling but I have nothing much to gauge it against. Ds2 didn't engage properly as I had my maternity support belt on all day everyday plus I was in a lot of pain with spd so I barely walked anywhere. This time it's so different, I'm still swimming regularly & walking a lot! Eek, watch this space!! :)

bunnywabbit
October 30th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Sorry, GeCon, forgot to reply to your post properly. Please add me to the list on the first page. I'll give you a shout if I'm given a different date later on. Or is it best to have them confirm a date at scan and add me then?

GeCon
October 30th, 2013, 05:01 PM
bunnywabbit, added you to the 1st post. We can update it if necessary after your scan. ;)

Pumpkin, haven't added you yet. Let me know when you are ready and happy for me to do so. ;)

Pumpkin2011
October 31st, 2013, 04:21 AM
Thanks ladies!

GeCon I think I am ready for you to add me. I am pregnant I and want to start believing it. Everything is going to be just fine ;).

My due date is June 29th.

GeCon
October 31st, 2013, 06:41 AM
Back from our last official scan. Our wee man is absolutely beautiful, we are already so in love, it is unreal. Heard his heartbeat too, all is well. He is currently measuring almost 2 weeks ahead as per the scan, but the doctor was not concerned as they go through growth spurts and then nothing the week after. He is already looking like our DS1. We actually saw him sucking his little fist... sooo cute.

Anyway, without further ado, here is our gorgeous and already so much loved DS2.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1060502_zps7f3e6c35.jpg

thehappypixi
October 31st, 2013, 07:41 AM
Awwww!! Lush picture!! I'm soooo broody, I could honestly have baby right now I'm so ready!!

Pumpkin2011
October 31st, 2013, 08:20 AM
Wonderful picture GeCon! So happy for you :).

GeCon
October 31st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Pumpkin2011, added you. I am glad to read that you are slowly starting to embrace and enjoy this pregnancy.

I Love Ladybugs
October 31st, 2013, 09:53 AM
I am so happy for you both Pumpkin and Bunny...plus your tickers are extra sweet in that they refer to your babies in adorable ways!! A little snuggly bunny....and wee pumpkin that grows and grows....may June be an incredible month for you both!!!

Myrainbowgirl...I have been thinking of you lately, we have had rain with no rainbows, so I figure you must be taking them all!!!!

Gecon..he is just so cute!!! And a later scan is marvelous....I am glad you get to connect again with your little man before he arrives on scene!

bunnywabbit
October 31st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Aww GeCon he's beautiful! Such a lovely profile shot. So can't wait to get to scan. I know the earlier ones don't show as much detail but awww!

Iloveladybugs, wasn't your LO the size of a honeydew last week or is it me?! Sorry, stalking I know, just intrigued as to what they compare to in size each week. Or is it a slow growth week?

I Love Ladybugs
October 31st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Aww GeCon he's beautiful! Such a lovely profile shot. So can't wait to get to scan. I know the earlier ones don't show as much detail but awww!

Iloveladybugs, wasn't your LO the size of a honeydew last week or is it me?! Sorry, stalking I know, just intrigued as to what they compare to in size each week. Or is it a slow growth week?

Lol....my ticker is wonky!! I went to the site a few weeks ago when it was on eggplant for 3 weeks running....all I know is that there is less space and the movements are getting crowded...I think watermelon is what fruit I will stick with to the end!!! And you...a lovely little pea...your baby will grow fast!

myrainbowgirl
November 3rd, 2013, 01:08 AM
Pumpkin and bunnywabbit - So glad to see that things are plugging along for you two! How are you both feeling?

Iloveladybugs - You are sweet to think of me. I am honestly seeing more rainbows than ever...not necessarily in the sky, but in pictures, or on TV, or reading the word, or whatever. I did see a rainbow in our neighborhood a few weeks ago...I can't remember the last time I saw one this late in the year! I live in a state where we get snow in October, seriously, they are super rare. Very cool! DH is very on board with #5, we are already talking about it. Seems so weird. I honestly go back and forth on how I really feel about it. Part of me is completely scared to even contemplate it, but the other part can't imagine not doing it. In DH's eyes, we will keep going till we have a girl...I cannot believe he is so supportive! I am just praying that she's next! :) Please keep us posted on all your appointments. Keep enjoying that maternity leave...you deserve it!

AFM - Not much new to report. Can't believe I'm only 15ish weeks away from baby! Time is totally flying! Feel pretty good, so I can't complain. :)

I Love Ladybugs
November 3rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
Myrainbowgirl....that sounds amazing! I know that my hubby was scared about ttc #3 in so many ways as his personal limit and comfort level was 2 kids. There was a night after the 18 week scan and my 22 week appt that he mentioned he might go for a 4th as he knew how much my heart longed for a daughter. You will one day hold your little girl...we have to believe that!!!!

AFM....I am being sent to Vancouver again...this time is Nov. 12-14th and it is for a follow-up scan for the "good" kidney. I am being told conflicting info on it, so hopefully it will rule out any issues. Mat. leave rocks....I am feeling much more relaxed, probably has to do with getting that shed sided too and having a cleaner house and cuddling boys!!!!

bunnywabbit
November 3rd, 2013, 09:52 AM
Ilovelladybugs, I hope your appointment goes well. Keep us posted.

Myrainbowgirl, I'm glad all is going well your end. And time is flying - can't believe girls in this group are in single-figure weeks to see their babies. So exciting!

I don't feel too bad - as far as m/s goes I thought I'd be much worse. Only the odd wave of nausea ever one in a while especially if I'm hungry or turn over quickly in bed. What's getting to me at the moment is water retention/edema. Got it in my right breast (had an op a couple of years ago to removed excess accessory breast tissue, right side more effected and was told would take a while to settle, which it did but is coming back), my upper arms, low stomach inner thighs and occasionally my ankles. I didn't think it would kick in so early and not sure what to do to ease it - I'm doing my best to drink around 8 cups of water and have never been a huge salt eater anyway.

TTCPink
November 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
I got my BFP this morning!!!! I am so thrilled!! Please pray for a sticky healthy baby!! I had a great sway this month....LE diet, clomid, and only one attempt. I am so grateful that we are being blessed with another baby and feel at peace knowing I gave my all and whatever gender we are blessed with is meant to be. So so happy right now! I put a pic on longtermers thread but I can't get it to post here.

thehappypixi
November 3rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Eeeeeek!! Come on little beany! Grow grow grow!! So pleased for you, it's such a buzz, I think I did a dozen tests, and kept them far longer than is probably normal lol!

Emily
November 3rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
One month to go charlee :)

GeCon
November 3rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
TTCPink, that is wonderful news. I am so happy and excited for you. Let me know when you want me to add you to the 1st post. :)

I Love Ladybugs
November 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
TTCpink....I told myself I would never jump onto and intrude on the longtermer thread....but that was the awesome news of the morning and I just HAD to! And it was not posted anywhere else...I had to say that it made my day just to hear that you are preggo!!!!!

Charlee
November 4th, 2013, 09:16 AM
OMG TTCPink I am soooo happy for you!!! YAY!!! That is an awesome sway and no matter what, after waiting for this long you will be so happy. I just know you've got a girl in there though :)

Yes Emily, one more month! I went to l&d with contractions yesterday and they gave me IV fluids and something to stop the contractions (I can't remember what it was called and it sounded hard to spell haha) Anyway I got scolded for being dehydrated ... lol... and my fluid level (AFI) was at 8, which is the very bottom of acceptable. They are really trying to keep him in till at least 37 weeks because they think he's on the small side.Both DS1 and DS2 were only 6 lbs each so I wasn't expecting a huge baby anyway...

Dreamofpink
November 4th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Just a quickie, no internet access until Thurs - YAY TTCPINK!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Son happy for you!! Been thinking of you Charlee, hope you & your LO make it a little bit longer. :hugs:
We moved in yesterday so all still upside down. Seeing my consultant to cancel my planned c-section tomorrow (for 12 days overdue)
:wave: to you all!

TTCPink
November 4th, 2013, 05:43 PM
:HH: Thank you everyone!! :hugs: I am still in shock that this is actually happening!! I did have some more light brown spotting yesterday evening and this morning with a bit of cramping. Nothing red, so I hope that it is just the little bean burrowing down in there! Praying! I will take another test in the morning to make sure the line is still nice and dark. I think I may go get a digital so I can see the word "pregnant" and hopefully that will make me feel more confident!!

Charlee, thinking of you!! Hope things have settled down for you today and that the contractions have subsided with the medicine.

GeCon, what an adorable scan photo!! I am just drooling over the thought of having a newborn baby in my arms again. You girls are so close to the finish line!! So exciting!!

meeks32
November 4th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Ilovelladybugs, I hope your appointment goes well. Keep us posted.

Myrainbowgirl, I'm glad all is going well your end. And time is flying - can't believe girls in this group are in single-figure weeks to see their babies. So exciting!

I don't feel too bad - as far as m/s goes I thought I'd be much worse. Only the odd wave of nausea ever one in a while especially if I'm hungry or turn over quickly in bed. What's getting to me at the moment is water retention/edema. Got it in my right breast (had an op a couple of years ago to removed excess accessory breast tissue, right side more effected and was told would take a while to settle, which it did but is coming back), my upper arms, low stomach inner thighs and occasionally my ankles. I didn't think it would kick in so early and not sure what to do to ease it - I'm doing my best to drink around 8 cups of water and have never been a huge salt eater anyway.

I get fluid retention really bad in pregnancy too, I am drinking 1 cup of dandelion root tea a day, to help with it. Check if it's safe for early pregnancy though, you may need to wait until 12 weeks. Also, it's on the "we kind of think its safe" list, so that's why my naturopath said just do 1 cup, and let it brew for 10 mins. Coffee (with caffeine) is a natural laxative and helps with fluid retention too, my nurse friend told me to drink 1 cup at least a day during pregnancy to help with fluid as well! Like I needed an excuse, haha. But this way I do 1 cup of each and don't overdo the caffeine.

meeks32
November 4th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Eeeeeek!! Come on little beany! Grow grow grow!! So pleased for you, it's such a buzz, I think I did a dozen tests, and kept them far longer than is probably normal lol!

I raise you a:
I kept my tests, in a zip lock bag!!!!!! Still have them. CRAZY WOMAN

meeks32
November 4th, 2013, 08:04 PM
OMG TTCPink I am soooo happy for you!!! YAY!!! That is an awesome sway and no matter what, after waiting for this long you will be so happy. I just know you've got a girl in there though :)

Yes Emily, one more month! I went to l&d with contractions yesterday and they gave me IV fluids and something to stop the contractions (I can't remember what it was called and it sounded hard to spell haha) Anyway I got scolded for being dehydrated ... lol... and my fluid level (AFI) was at 8, which is the very bottom of acceptable. They are really trying to keep him in till at least 37 weeks because they think he's on the small side.Both DS1 and DS2 were only 6 lbs each so I wasn't expecting a huge baby anyway...

Firstly, lol at the hard to spell line.

Secondly, sorry that happened! But I'm going to scald you too, BAD BAD BAD drink more water. Ok i'm done, you know why I wanted to do that? Because I did the exact same thing the last two pregnancies and after complaining of frequent and prolonged braxton hicks contractions from 25+ weeks both times, my doctor checked my fluid levels and I had the same issue. Apparently this can actually set you into labour.

Thirdly, you MADE IT TO 34 WEEKS HON! Well done. Any time from here on out is a bonus, really, and babies born after this gestation have very very good changes and good health. Sure it's best to keep them in as long as possible, but I am confident whatever happens from here, that you will have a lovely healthy baby, and I EXPECT PHOTOS on fb so I can get all swoony and clucky and wish I didn't have 13 weeks to go!

meeks32
November 4th, 2013, 08:06 PM
TTC Pink I replied on the other thread, but I keep thinking of you ALL THE TIME TODAY!! SOOOOOO happy for you hon, you just really waited for this and had the best ever sway, I think you can just enjoy this pregnancy now, knowing you did everything possible. I bet you and DH are over the moon, because I am and it's not even my BFP!!!

Emily
November 5th, 2013, 01:47 AM

Yes drink more! I am sipping water as i type this as reading about you made me think about how little i was drinking. It always seems that when you have two loud mouths to fill it is easier to take care of them and never get round to yourself. I need some of those hamster water feeders to strap up around the house for a hands free drink!

AFM am doing well and getting very excited - i fly in 3 weeks' time:) A friend asked me "when are you .....?" Pointing at my tummy so i said 3 weeks and she admired my bump until we both realised that she meant how long till the birth not the flight LOL!

thehappypixi
November 5th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Eeek! Gonna be squishy pictures so soooon!!! <3

TTCPink
November 5th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks so much, Meeks!! You have been such an amazing friend and support to me on here. We are absolutely over the moon!! I am already so in love with this baby. I will always have a special appreciation for this little bub, our third and last baby, that I thought may never be after taking such a long time to get to this point. Xxx

For those that don't follow the other thread, the spotting stopped and I took a digi last night which read "Pregnant." It was such a relief to see it in words! I feel like everything is going to be OK now. :happy:

TTC Pink I replied on the other thread, but I keep thinking of you ALL THE TIME TODAY!! SOOOOOO happy for you hon, you just really waited for this and had the best ever sway, I think you can just enjoy this pregnancy now, knowing you did everything possible. I bet you and DH are over the moon, because I am and it's not even my BFP!!!

myrainbowgirl
November 5th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I raise you a:
I kept my tests, in a zip lock bag!!!!!! Still have them. CRAZY WOMAN

LOL! Me too!!! :)

thehappypixi
November 5th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Ewww hahaha!

Charlee
November 6th, 2013, 08:42 AM
LOL @ the scolding! Don't worry, I'm getting it from all sides so it's nothing new haha... I thought I had been drinking enough but I think my caffeine intake cancels some of that out! LOL... not that I'm drinking massive amounts of coffee, but I manage a good cup in the morning and one late afternoon to get me through the evening... I could just sleep the day away at this point, honestly! Had a Dr appt yesterday (I'm going once a week there and twice to the hospital for non stress tests) and baby seems to be growing nicely still so that's good :)

Meeks you are so right about getting past the danger zone... I know all would be fine from here but I don't want to risk a nicu stay... the thought of leaving my brand new baby in the hospital is terrifying!

P.S- I totally kept my bfp tests too!!!! Haha... so maybe we aren't all crazy lol

GeCon
November 7th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Pumpkin, good luck for your scan today. Will be thinking of you and hope that all will be as it should be with your mini-pumpkin/s. What time is your scan?

Pumpkin2011
November 7th, 2013, 04:24 AM
OMG we are having twins!!! I am shaking as I am writing this! We have seen two beautiful strong heartbeats . I am happy beyond words! I would love to post a pic but DH was so excited he was holding it for me and forgot to give it back. He is at work now and will be back late so I'll post one tomorrow. Just like the last time it was hard to get them both on one pic because one of them is still hiding. DH and I can't stop smiling we are so over the moon!!! Thanks ladies for your support!

meeks32
November 7th, 2013, 04:32 AM
OMG we are having twins!!! I am shaking as I am writing this! We have seen two beautiful strong heartbeats . I am happy beyond words! I would love to post a pic but DH was so excited he was holding it for me and forgot to give it back. He is at work now and will be back late so I'll post one tomorrow. Just like the last time it was hard to get them both on one pic because one of them is still hiding. DH and I can't stop smiling we are so over the moon!!! Thanks ladies for your support!

Oh my gosh!!! I am almost crying reading this. All that swaying and all that time ttc and all that heartbreak and you are finally not only seeing one strong healthy heartbeat but TWO! I am so beyond excited and happy for you honey I would have absolutely been so happy with twins and am so excited for you!!!! Woohoooo! I just can't wait to see the new pic!!!!

When is the next next scan? What else did the doc say?

meeks32
November 7th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Thanks so much, Meeks!! You have been such an amazing friend and support to me on here. We are absolutely over the moon!! I am already so in love with this baby. I will always have a special appreciation for this little bub, our third and last baby, that I thought may never be after taking such a long time to get to this point. Xxx

For those that don't follow the other thread, the spotting stopped and I took a digi last night which read "Pregnant." It was such a relief to see it in words! I feel like everything is going to be OK now. :happy:

That feeling of being so in love and this pregnancy being so special will not disappear. I still feel my third and final pregnancy is special for so many reasons, even before I knew the gender I felt such amazing relief from my bfp and such a connection due to the struggle to conceive. Now I am feeling movements it's even more special and I just haven't stopped loving it this time. Despite some rude comments from people about number 3, gender, and my weight, nothing has taken away that feeling of appreciation for this baby. I am so happy you can experience this too! Xx

GeCon
November 7th, 2013, 04:37 AM
That is wonderful news, Pumpkin. I am so, so happy for you and your family. Can't wait to see pics of the little mini-pumpkins. :running:

Bigwish
November 7th, 2013, 04:39 AM
That's amazing, pumpkin! Congratulations! Enjoy the feeling of having two little bubs in there! Wow, that must feel soooo special!

Pumpkin2011
November 7th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Thank you so much meeks!!! I can't believe it yet. The RE said I can now continue going to my OB and don't need to come to them anymore. They want to see the babies once they are born and wished me happy and healthy 9 months. They also gave me some advice on how to behave, what to do and what not to do. They recommended to call the insurance and tell them I am having twins so they can provide me with all the information I need. She suggested to test my PH once a week because an infection could cause premature birth and gave me so much more information. I wish I could continue going to them as they really take time for you and are so wonderful!

Pumpkin2011
November 7th, 2013, 04:43 AM
I did cry when we have seen the heartbeat and I even saw a tear running down DH's cheek even though he would never admit it :).

I Love Ladybugs
November 7th, 2013, 08:46 AM

Wonderful news to wake up here to....I am very excited for you!!!!!! Twins are an amazing blessing....this is going to be a super special time in your life and your hubby's too...and your sweet son's!!!

thehappypixi
November 7th, 2013, 12:51 PM

AMAZING!!!
Congrats, so exciting!! I soooo wanted twins ;D

TTCPink
November 7th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Yay Pumpkin!!!!! Xxxxx

I am thrilled for you!!! I just knew that was the news we were going to hear from you today!!! :bluecheer:

bunnywabbit
November 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I knew you'd hear twins today, Pumpkin. Over the moon for you both! Even I welled up a little with that news. So glad baby pumpkins are well xx

Tree
November 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Ah Pumpkin, what lovely lovely news! So happy for you!! X

TTCPink
November 7th, 2013, 07:08 PM
TTCPink, that is wonderful news. I am so happy and excited for you. Let me know when you want me to add you to the 1st post. :)

You can add me to the first post, GeCon. :) Due July 13

Pumpkin2011
November 8th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Thanks everyone!

Here are the pics:

Baby A

Both of them:

Baby B is on top here, that's the one who keeps hiding :).

I have that gut feeling that they are B/G twins :).

Pumpkin2011
November 8th, 2013, 04:08 AM
TTCPink I had the exact same due date for DS, he was born on July 12th :).

meeks32
November 8th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Thanks everyone!

Here are the pics:

Baby A

Both of them:

Baby B is on top here, that's the one who keeps hiding :).

I have that gut feeling that they are B/G twins :).

if you are right, you mark my words, the one that's hiding and being cheeky is the girl! haha. In my experience my friends who had twins all had girl girl ( I know 3 separate pairs) but the ones that had babies which wouldnt cooperate at the gender scan, or that put them into labour a week or two early, or that threw something unexpected in there, had girls. I am totally banking on the fact girls are cheeky right from the start, and like to keep us all guessing!! lol

Pumpkin2011
November 8th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Meeks I so hope you are right! I just found out my cousin is due with twins in April. She already has a 2 year old son and found out she is having two boys again. She was so sure that at least one of them would be a girl. 3 was her maximum because they wanted to buy a house soon but now she is already planning number 4.

Dreamofpink
November 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Pumpkin, I finally have internet access in our new house. What wonderful news!!! Huge congratulations!! The odds are in your favour for at least one little girl - you soooo deserve it! It is a gamble though, in the same vein as your cousin, a lady I know through our home education group has just had twin boys after 3 boys. Makes me wonder about trying Clomid again as I already got one boy on it!!

GeCon
November 8th, 2013, 06:39 AM
TTCPink, added you to the 1st post.

Pumpkin, I also have a feeling that you have got one of each in there.

GeCon
November 8th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Dreamofpink, nice to see you. You cannot be 36 weeks already. Not long at all until our wee babies start arriving.

Dreamofpink
November 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Aww thanks Gecon! I know, I can't quite believe where the time's gone to. My appt with the consultant went well. I got my planned section cancelled & am due to see him on Dec 10th at term plus 5. We parted saying that we hope not to see each other again though - in the best possible way! I'll hopefully get an appt with the head of the delivery ward to make my birth plan & wishes known to all. Had a bit of a loose tum & felt queasy a few days ago- made me think! I still haven't slowed down from all the madness of moving house, I hope it works in my favour! I started on my 6 dates per day plus 3 cups of RRLT yesterday.

Btw, I agree Gecon I think you have b/g twins Pumpkin but I hope I'm wrong & you have g/g! :D

myrainbowgirl
November 8th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Congrats, Pumpkin! So exciting!!

I Love Ladybugs
November 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I love it that we have a few of the longtermers over here just recently....now we need Sunflower to get a sticky BFP too!!!!

I keep on wondering who is going to be holding their baby first...my bet is on Charlee!!!!!!!!!!

I will be off to Vancouver for the last u/s and specialist appt on next Wed. and that will determine where and potentially when this baby is going to make an appearance. My boys are so ready for the new one....they have been singing a song "come on out baby girl, we are ready for you!!" I have to join in...and they keep on saying...we just want to hold the baby NOW!!

Waiting4Daisy
November 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Pumpkin congrats Hun what amazing news! B/G twins would be my dream!

Dreamofpink
November 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Ladybugs I pm'd you. :hugs:

Ladies can anyone help me out? For the last week I've had a few days of feeling like utter rubbish. I'm nauseous - like m/s - tired & feel like Af is imminent (crampy & backache too).

Is this normal at 36 weeks? I've had to force myself to eat for the baby's sake but once I've eaten, the nausea strikes once again. Baby's so low too most people think I'm due now. Been getting quite a few BH's & uncomfortable feelings in my pelvis too! I've never gone into labour on my own & just don't know what to expect. Any advice would be very welcome! :)

meeks32
November 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I love it that we have a few of the longtermers over here just recently....now we need Sunflower to get a sticky BFP too!!!!

I keep on wondering who is going to be holding their baby first...my bet is on Charlee!!!!!!!!!!

I will be off to Vancouver for the last u/s and specialist appt on next Wed. and that will determine where and potentially when this baby is going to make an appearance. My boys are so ready for the new one....they have been singing a song "come on out baby girl, we are ready for you!!" I have to join in...and they keep on saying...we just want to hold the baby NOW!!

We drove past a hospital the other day and ds1 goes "LOOK MUM, a hopspital, you can just go there and the doctor will help you get the baby out! Can we go now?" as if its that easy, lol!

I Love Ladybugs
November 10th, 2013, 12:00 AM
We drove past a hospital the other day and ds1 goes "LOOK MUM, a hopspital, you can just go there and the doctor will help you get the baby out! Can we go now?" as if its that easy, lol!

Lol....I like that! My DS2 figures when my belly button finally flips out, the baby will just pop out of there!!! I sometimes feel like that!!

Dream...Got your pm...hugs right back at you!!! I responded in the other thread as well, but I firmly believe that you will get your VBAC the way your body is acting!!!!

Waiting for Daisy....you have my dream too! I always thought that a set of B/G twins was the best of all worlds! Although there is something lovely about a set of little boys who come in pairs, or baby girls that have a built in pal!

thehappypixi
November 10th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Your body can gear up,to labour slowly like that yes, you're nearly full term so I wouldn't be overly concerned. My second labour I had really strong BH more increasingly up to labour day. I didn't feel sick, but I did get a bout of diahorrea about 24hrs before, tis a normal flushing mechanism.

Emily
November 10th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Congrats pumpkin! How exciting! Dream that all sounds very promising!

Gotta run as we have to tie down anything that might get blown about in the storm. Hopefully the winds won't be too strong and the Internet will not be affected.

bunnywabbit
November 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Posted on another thread but went for my early scan on Saturday. The scan went really well. Freaked out a little when we were told we had to have the vaginal scan as am very wary about increasing the chance of miscarriage, but our minds were put to rest.

As at 09/11/2013. Measuring at 7+3 and 1.18cm long (on the right - yolk sac on the left).

The two thick white lines in the middle is the heart - going strong! DH grabbed and held on to my arm - he didn't cry but I could see him welling up. He might have if we heard the heartbeat!

She confirmed I ovulated on the left and s/he has settled on the left. Can't remember if the theory was girl or boy. Going with gut instinct, I'm still thinking boy, to be honest. Do not mind at all, just wanting a H&H bubba...

TTCPink
November 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Amazing news Bunny!!! (I think that's your little girl in there, BTW.) Either way, how wonderful to see your sweet baby for the first time, and know the heart is beating strong! Boy or girl, he or she will melt your heart. There is nothing like the first born! Everything is so new and exciting. :hugs:

TTCPink
November 10th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Dream, it sounds like those are all great signs that your body is getting ready!! I won't be surprised if your little one makes an early appearance!!

TTCPink
November 10th, 2013, 01:47 PM
How funny Meeks, when I saw Pumpkin's pictures the first thing I said in my mind was, I just know the one hiding is her GIRL!!!! LOL!! I feel like you have a boy and a girl in there too Pumpkin! I'm not sure why. That would be so wonderful!!

if you are right, you mark my words, the one that's hiding and being cheeky is the girl! haha. In my experience my friends who had twins all had girl girl ( I know 3 separate pairs) but the ones that had babies which wouldnt cooperate at the gender scan, or that put them into labour a week or two early, or that threw something unexpected in there, had girls. I am totally banking on the fact girls are cheeky right from the start, and like to keep us all guessing!! lol

TTCPink
November 10th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I am doing well, but eating constantly!! I seriously feel hungry all the time!! I am hoping we can get an early ultrasound around 7 weeks to hear the heartbeat. It would be right before Thanksgiving and then I would feel comfortable announcing to our family when we get together for Thanksgiving dinner. This is such a dream come true...I am finally starting to believe it!!

TTCPink
November 10th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Charlee, how are you doing?? Thinking of you and hoping that little guy is holding tight in there. Xxxxx

meeks32
November 10th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Congrats pumpkin! How exciting! Dream that all sounds very promising!

Gotta run as we have to tie down anything that might get blown about in the storm. Hopefully the winds won't be too strong and the Internet will not be affected.

I forgot the Philippines storm went on to Vietnam, and haven't had a chance to catch back up on the news. Hope you are ok, what happened in your area?

meeks32
November 10th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Posted on another thread but went for my early scan on Saturday. The scan went really well. Freaked out a little when we were told we had to have the vaginal scan as am very wary about increasing the chance of miscarriage, but our minds were put to rest.

As at 09/11/2013. Measuring at 7+3 and 1.18cm long (on the right - yolk sac on the left).

The two thick white lines in the middle is the heart - going strong! DH grabbed and held on to my arm - he didn't cry but I could see him welling up. He might have if we heard the heartbeat!

She confirmed I ovulated on the left and s/he has settled on the left. Can't remember if the theory was girl or boy. Going with gut instinct, I'm still thinking boy, to be honest. Do not mind at all, just wanting a H&H bubba...

Congrats!!!! The theory is left = girl, if the image isn't flipped. So basically if the tech or ob tells you left, then its a girl! According to the theory anyway. Was correct for me. Atomic said although that theory isn't as reliable as nub theory that if you ov from the left it's a good sign, because they can implant anywhere.

meeks32
November 10th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I am doing well, but eating constantly!! I seriously feel hungry all the time!! I am hoping we can get an early ultrasound around 7 weeks to hear the heartbeat. It would be right before Thanksgiving and then I would feel comfortable announcing to our family when we get together for Thanksgiving dinner. This is such a dream come true...I am finally starting to believe it!!

I ate like a maniac for much of the first 12 weeks, until the hunger settled. Ironically after lusting over boy foods, I found I wasn't able to stomach meat or a few other ones for quite a while. But some I just couldn't stop eating. Go with your cravings hon, give that bub it's best shot and nourish your body after so long on le. FYI I have gained like 11kg already, at 26 weeks, but have found that since 20 weeks it has slowed right down. I think my body was making up for LE for sure, because with ds2 I only gained 14kg by 38 weeks, so I was starting to panic watching it pile on. I am still so happy for you hon!!! How many weeks are you now? Have you had your bloodwork back to see a nice HCG doubling effect and help you to believe it more?

myrainbowgirl
November 11th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Bunny - Yes, the theory is left = girl. :) But I have to caution you...my DS3 was left, so it isn't foolproof. But I bet you've got a little girl in there!

Pumpkin & TTCPink - Hope you're both feeling great! I was ravenous and completely exhausted the first tri, too. Rest up while you can!

Emily - Hope you're all ok there in Vietnam. Will send some prayers your way.

Everyone else - hi! (I answered some of you on the other thread. :))

AFM - Not much going on here...other than DH & I just got back from a fabulous weekend away to a super fancy hotel to celebrate our 10th anniversary that was back in July. It was amazing! His parents watched the boys for us...had been since DS1 was a baby that we'd gotten away overnight without the kids. Had some good talks about baby #5. He is now having to convince me! Well, not really, I know we'll do it, I'm just scared. He has been such a rock star and just so amazing and supportive through all of this. He is excited about a big family! Says he would be happy with even more than 5! OMG. Really, though, we are just trusting God's plan, no matter what that looks like for us. Anyway, that's about it from here. :)

meeks32
November 11th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Just had my Glucose Challenge Test this morning (the one with the horrible drink, and then you have a blood test 1hr later). It always makes me want to throw up! Yuck. Anyway, I have seriously NOT been able to concentrate after the test. I am supposed to be working right now and CAN NOT FOCUS. Did anyone else have trouble with concentration afterwards? It has made me super tired. I don't remember feeling this way with ds1 or 2 but I could just have forgotten. I know I felt sick with it for them, and that I got shaky (which this time I didn't).

GeCon
November 12th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Meeks, good luck with your test. I never had it with DS1, but when I had it this time, I was physically sick just before having my blood taken and then more for the following two days. I am not sure if the violent vomiting and diarrhea were related to the test, but I certainly felt very, very rough afterwards.

GeCon
November 12th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Ladybugs, good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Dreamofpink, I agree with the others. It certainly sounds like your body is gearing up to labour. Woohoo!

Emily, hope all is well where you are. What a worry it must be for you. *Big hugs*

Bunny, yay for a great scan. I hope seeing your little bean has managed to put your mind at rest a bit for now.

meeks32
November 12th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Emily what's going on over there? I heard Vietnam wasn't hit as hard as expected? 120km/hr winds are nothing to scoff at but at least not the 300+ speeds the Philippines saw. Hope you are ok!

meeks32
November 12th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Meeks, good luck with your test. I never had it with DS1, but when I had it this time, I was physically sick just before having my blood taken and then more for the following two days. I am not sure if the violent vomiting and diarrhea were related to the test, but I certainly felt very, very rough afterwards.

I luckily didn't throw up, the nurse here said if I did throw up before the blood test we had to do it again! That's horrible that it lasted days with you, I haven't heard of anyone throwing up more than once or twice... Wonder if it was a tummy bug? Glad you are all clear though.

The nurse came an hour later than she was supposed to so I was starving by the end. It took me all day to feel better. Pregnancy is so odd. I'm usually fine to go ages without food but in pregnancy it's like 2 to 3 hrs max before I feel like fainting or killing someone, preferably both! Haha

GeCon
November 12th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Meeks, I have been wondering if it might have been a tummy bug. I guess we'll never know, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth... literally. ;)

I threw up a minute or so before having my bloods taken, so the nurse said it was fine as the solution would have reached my blood by then. Had I been sick any earlier, I would have had to repeat the test too.

Charlee
November 12th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Hi ladies ... checking in!

Pumpkin - CONGRATS!!! Oh my goodness such excellent news :)

Dream - I've been feeling very similar actually... very nauseous and tired and generally terrible. I also have never gone into labor on my own (although I guess I kind of did this pregnancy lol) so I feel like I wouldn't know if I was gearing up or not! I'm sure since your baby has been measuring bigger for dates that he absolutely come earlier than your due date. Maybe you'll have him the same day as my induction! That would be fun :)

TTCPink - how are you feeling? Any m/s? Do you think you'll get an early scan?

Bunny - Great scan pics!! So glad your LO looks good and everything is going well :)

Well I've got 21 days left!! I sincerely hope they don't stop my labor again if it starts again... I am SOOOO ready to have this baby!! I can barely walk because my back is in constant pain. I've always done so well up to the day I deliver so this is a new experience for me. I guess it doesn't get any easier with age, huh? LOL

meeks32
November 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Charlee I am so happy to hear you only have 21 days to go, you made it to the safe zone and I think baby is more than welcome at this point. I doubt they would stop you now.

FYI this pregnancy has been way harder on my body too, so I think it's more of a "the more you have the harder it gets" thing than an age thing, since technically I'm still low risk age and I feel bloody awful! Also I'm pretty sure I intentionally blocked out much of the last trimester from my memory!

thehappypixi
November 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I feel very achey this time :/ I got a bit of SPD last time toward the end, but I'm already having pains in my butt, legs and back! Doesn't help that I slept between the boys in my bed last night, curved around in the space they left me!

Emily
November 12th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all your positive vibes ladies. We were so lucky in Hanoi and just got heavy rain. Some of the coastal regions were hit a bit worse but nothing more than the normal tropical storms we get. Phew! There was some dodgy reporting on the BBC claiming mass panic and supermarkets selling out and or raising prices here which just did not happen.

21 days eh? So exciting!

We sound like a group of geriatrics with our dodgy hips, nausea, back ache etc! To add to the list of woes, when I have overdone it I feel loads of pressure down there as if the baby is just going to pop out! I have never bought one of those bump bands before but wish I had one now.

Great scan pics Bunnywabbit - you must be so pleased to see it all developing so well. Vaginal scans are fairly routine in some parts of the world so please don't worry.

TTCPink
November 12th, 2013, 11:22 PM
I just can't believe how close we are getting to some of these little ones being born!! Glad to be able to follow the girls I was TTC with even though my due date is so much later. This is a great thread to keep in touch.

I had bloodwork done and the doctor said the numbers look great! YAY! The nurse called at the end of the day today to let me know, and she said I could schedule my first appt. for 7-8 weeks and the doctor will do an ultrasound so we can see the heartbeat! I am SO excited! Two more weeks or so to go until I can see this little one for the first time! :)

Charlee
November 13th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Can't wait to see the pics TTCPink!

I literally laughed out loud @ the geriatric comment Emily! Haha... I'm SO glad you didn't get hit as hard as they predicted... typhoons are scary! My sister delivered her baby in the middle of a typhoon when she lived in Okinawa. They lost power halfway through her delivery, so instated of freaking out she decided to call it "mood lighting"... haha!

I will try to get a belly pic and post it in the bump pics section so you all can have a giggle at my expense! LOL... baby is now well up over my rib cage and constantly kicks my under wire bra lol... I would ditch the bra if I thought it wouldn't scare people lmaooo

Meeks I know you're feeling like nothing looks good and you feel like a whale but the last pic I saw of you was GREAT! You looked absolutely gorgeous :) Honestly you don't look like you gained that much weight really... so take solace in the fact that you still look beautiful :)

Dreamofpink
November 13th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Crikey there really is no hope for me. I was in tears at the Sainsburys (supermarket) Christmas advert tonight!! Do these advertising agencies not realise what pregnancy hormones do to a lady?! Lol! :wink:

I Love Ladybugs
November 13th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I am excited to give an update...no baby is not here yet, but I have just been given the green light from the specialist here in Vancouver for a VBAC!!!!!! She is in the 46%, abdominal girth has not been affected by the quite large right kidney and the left kidney is still in perfect shape. I am one happy momma-to-be today!!

Add me to the in the home stretch group....could be in 2 weeks if history repeats itself.

And congrats again TTC pink....so happy for you and your family!!!!!

GeCon
November 13th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Great news on the VBAC front and on the news of your little ladybug, Ladybug.

Dreamofpink, don't worry about it at all. I cried on Saturday when seeing the John Lewis advert for the 1st time. OH and I were talking about it before too how we think ads are more emotional when there are real people in it rather than a cartoon and then I cried after all watching it. I felt like a right idiot.

But this one is still my number one:
John Lewis Christmas Advert 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSLOnR1s74o)

And I still love this one:
IRN-BRU Snowman Advert - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yZOab5gl-4)

And I have just realised that our wee man is now the size of a cucumber. :)

meeks32
November 13th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Can't wait to see the pics TTCPink!

I literally laughed out loud @ the geriatric comment Emily! Haha... I'm SO glad you didn't get hit as hard as they predicted... typhoons are scary! My sister delivered her baby in the middle of a typhoon when she lived in Okinawa. They lost power halfway through her delivery, so instated of freaking out she decided to call it "mood lighting"... haha!

I will try to get a belly pic and post it in the bump pics section so you all can have a giggle at my expense! LOL... baby is now well up over my rib cage and constantly kicks my under wire bra lol... I would ditch the bra if I thought it wouldn't scare people lmaooo

Meeks I know you're feeling like nothing looks good and you feel like a whale but the last pic I saw of you was GREAT! You looked absolutely gorgeous :) Honestly you don't look like you gained that much weight really... so take solace in the fact that you still look beautiful :)

Where is the bump pics thread???

Thanks Charlee but I think that pic probably doesn't portray an accurate look for me day to day, I got dressed up to go out to dinner and made dh take a bump pic because it was the one time I made an effort. haha. I feel horrid and have gained 11 kilo's already. The gaining seems to be slowing down but I'm a bit scared because I gained only 14 with ds2 in 38 weeks and 16 with ds1 in 42 weeks!!! Plus I know I retain fluid. I think its more about how I feel because my PGP is stopping me from exercising.

I have the best and most comfortable pregnancy bra, I used it for feeding too because it doesnt have a wire, and given my boobs have gone from a C to an E in pregnancy, I would say its good for all types and shapes. I will hunt up the name.... Ok its "Bravado Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra" which cost a small fortune but are so comfy I live in them. I have a black and that nude colour and white but i dont like the white at all. It has removable padded cups which I love because they hide my gigantic pregnancy nipples (lol, my nipples are usually tiny) and when feeding you cant see the breast pad through the padded cup. I had a size M for most of pregnancy but had to go to a L when my boobs hit E cup the last two times, and this time I'm in a L at 26 weeks, but on the tightest setting, just need the cup size.

Emily I feel like I need a belly band too, I have a medical thing that is a big bit of thick stretchy bandage like fabric, and am using that for my PGP but would like a nicer looking one to go under things, just cant justify it on my last pregnancy!

TTC Pink I cant believe that scan is in only 2 weeks, how time flies!! That was a real point of relief for me in accepting this pregnancy, after so long trying I was sure it would be too good to be true, but after I saw that heartbeat I felt loads better, and moved onto nubsessing. haha

meeks32
November 13th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I am excited to give an update...no baby is not here yet, but I have just been given the green light from the specialist here in Vancouver for a VBAC!!!!!! She is in the 46%, abdominal girth has not been affected by the quite large right kidney and the left kidney is still in perfect shape. I am one happy momma-to-be today!!

Add me to the in the home stretch group....could be in 2 weeks if history repeats itself.

And congrats again TTC pink....so happy for you and your family!!!!!

WOOHOO!!! Well done honey!! 2 weeks?? Oh my goodness thats so soon!!!!

Pumpkin2011
November 15th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Great news Ladybugs, that's so exciting! I hope you can now enjoy the rest of your pregnancy without any worries. Soon you will be holding your little one in your arms <3!

I had my first regular OB appointment today and had another scan. Crazy how much the babies have grown in just one week! Both were looking good measuring right on track with a strong heartbeat. My OB gave me a medical certificate for work because she doesn't want me to work anymore. I am a nurse and she said it's high risk to work at a hospital especially when carrying twins. That means I can enjoy the pregnancy even more . I will still get my salary every month but without having to work for it . I also asked her if she does NT scans and how much it would be. It's way cheaper in her office than anywhere else BUT she is not sure if she would have to charge me for both babies or only one. She will let me know at my next appointment in 3wweks. Please keep your fingers crossed she won't charge me for both, I sooooo want to nubsess . I am pretty relaxed about gender as for now but I guess it's because I have a double chance at my girl :-/.

Nausea seems to subside, I am feeling sooo much better! Still getting a little sick whenever I let myself get too hungry but nothing I could complain about. I got a ton of gifts at my doctors office today. Books about pregnancy, a beautiful pregnancy diary, lotions and shower gels, vitamins and a baby outfit. We were able to see the babies so well, their little arms and legs and baby B is still hiding in the corner of it's gestational sac.

Does anyone know how to locate the placenta? Will it form were the yolk sac is now? Because one yolk sac is on the left just like the baby and one is on the right.

Unfortunately the pics are not the best but I am still thankful for every pic I get:

I Love Ladybugs
November 18th, 2013, 06:14 PM
TTCpink and Pumpkin.....I am just still so stoked for the two of you!!!! It is nice having a thread that spans all of the before, during and after, even though our journeys are taking place at different times.

Pumpkin....I have to say that the system in Germany sounds amazing...you are going to be able to enjoy the time with your little boy now and then with all those lovely pumpkins later!!!

Bunnywabbit....how are you feeling? I "might" have read in another thread that you are not experiencing the wide range of symptoms....lol, I had the least m/s with my oldest...most with the middle and a decent amount this time around. How is the MIL visit going??

Emily....soon you are flying to be able to be waiting and settled for baby? Are you going to be doing any shopping when back in the UK?

Dream.....how is the house????? Are you cozy and waiting?? How did the latest midwife appt go??

Charlee.....I am just waiting for you to report that your little man is here!!! Yup...on my list, you are going to be cuddling a little bundle first.....but I plan on giving you a run for your money!!

AFM.....I ended up with a wicked cold/sinus whatever on the day I was traveling home from Vancouver and have been fighting to feel better. It would be nice to not look all sick in new baby photos!!!

meeks32
November 19th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I had my 27 week checkup with my ob yesterday, I asked him to prove to me on the ultrasound that it was definitely a girl, because despite him telling me at the 15 week check AND my anatomy scan, I still somehow had doubt. He laughed and said that was normal but it's super super unusual for anyone to hear wrong these days, and that the place I had my scan was very good and had never been wrong that he knew about. He showed me on his ultrasound machine one more time anyway and I can say it's definitely a girl! I think I saw more detail of her girly bits than is appropriate, haha, so I am sure now!! I feel so much better knowing beyond doubt. I was even nervous to ask in case I saw something I didn't want to!!!

thehappypixi
November 20th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Ah I totally get where you're coming from! I have chess to the machine a work, but I don't wan to look, just incase I see something I don't want to! I have a great potty shot from my 20wk scan so I have to believe, just need to see it in the flesh now!

thehappypixi
November 20th, 2013, 05:41 AM
I think we need more pics on our thread, I want to know you all better! So here's my bump pics to start us off ;D
17 weeks
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/thehappypixi/9ea53aa01e375117f814bcb9117aef38.jpg
Today 24 weeks!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/thehappypixi/bc9b26a00b55a01325261905e6426a7a.jpg
My wardrobe and I are well aware my butt is growing at the same rate as my belly!!