PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there who likes to ride a motorcycle?

3littleladies
September 24th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Hi,
Im eager to get riding again. I had a silly accident 3months ago, I flicked my side peg instead of the side stand & my motorbike fell on me breaking the side of my foot!

I love the freedom & empowerment riding gives me, I'll probably be a little scared when I get back on though!

So any ladies out there who like riding?

atomic sagebrush
December 13th, 2013, 02:54 PM
bumping this up! fun topic.

3littleladies
December 16th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Atomic I know there has to be someone on this forum who rides, it cant be just me??

dloui128
December 17th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I got my motorcycle license when I was 19, my husband rides a harley so I wanted to get my license so we could ride together. I absolutely love it, sadly since I have had kids I haven't been riding in a long time, but hopefully when they get a little older me and DH can take some road trips together.

3littleladies
December 17th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Yay, that's fantastic, yes I agree my bike is collecting dust in the garage, it does make it difficult with small kids! My hubby rides a Harley also he has a customised Rocker, I have a Kawasaki Ninja.

How about yourself do you ride a Harley?

Little Lunasa
December 18th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Hi, yes I rode for years! But gave up after having children. Had many falls and breaks but always got back up again. My favourite bikes to ride were my Honda NC 30 and my customised Hornet 600. I thought I was the bees knee's on them!!! :)

dloui128
December 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Yay, that's fantastic, yes I agree my bike is collecting dust in the garage, it does make it difficult with small kids! My hubby rides a Harley also he has a customised Rocker, I have a Kawasaki Ninja.

How about yourself do you ride a Harley?

I have a my husbands old sportster

3littleladies
December 20th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Thats awsome!
Yesterday I went out shopping & this lady just went out in front of me, I had to brake so hard & I drive an audi q7 which is a big 4wd, I thought to myself what if I was on my bike, now a days people are just careless, have you ever had any accidents or almost while riding?

dloui128
December 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Thats awsome!
Yesterday I went out shopping & this lady just went out in front of me, I had to brake so hard & I drive an audi q7 which is a big 4wd, I thought to myself what if I was on my bike, now a days people are just careless, have you ever had any accidents or almost while riding?

I have never had any accidents, I won't drive any busy roads, my husband has had a couple of close calls which freaks me out

3littleladies
January 15th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Speaking of accidents my youngest dd's Godfather came off his bike 2 nights ago, he's broken 2 vertebrates in his neck and broke his ankle, he's very lucky that he'll be able to walk again, it was his own fault though, he was speeding & lost control, silly boy!!!

I finally went for a ride on the weekend with my darling nephew, we went for a 3hr ride, stopping at cafe's, it was fantastic, I love spending quality time with my nephew, we're very close, he doesn't speak to his mum (my sister) so Im glad he's got me to talk to.

It will be nice to ride with my dh once the older girls are big enough to babysit.

dloui128
January 15th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Speaking of accidents my youngest dd's Godfather came off his bike 2 nights ago, he's broken 2 vertebrates in his neck and broke his ankle, he's very lucky that he'll be able to walk again, it was his own fault though, he was speeding & lost control, silly boy!!!

I finally went for a ride on the weekend with my darling nephew, we went for a 3hr ride, stopping at cafe's, it was fantastic, I love spending quality time with my nephew, we're very close, he doesn't speak to his mum (my sister) so Im glad he's got me to talk to.

It will be nice to ride with my dh once the older girls are big enough to babysit.

That sounds like a great ride