PDA

View Full Version : Going on day 4 of really bad headache

gurly
September 25th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Should I wait it out or go see the doctor before my appointment next week? could it be something more serious like dehydration? I have had diarrhea multiple times a day for the past 5 weeks. It still hits me every time I eat and I'm not eating much. Im down 10 lbs though I think I've stopped losing weight as of last week. I'm probably not getting enough fluids considering what I put out. Could anything else be going on? What should I do?

Funkyfry
September 25th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Hi,

Can't believe your 11 weeks already! That's great.

For both my boys I had bad headaches for all the 9 months. It's to do with extra blood flow around your body. If your loosing weight I don't think it's any harm going to your gp and see what they say?

tmbabcock
September 25th, 2013, 09:45 AM
My guess would probably be that you are really dehydrated. I would suggest at least calling your Dr.'s office and talking to them about it over the phone and then they can decide from there if they think they'll need you to come in or if they can just properly advise you over the phone. Pick up some gatorade. It has added electrolytes and will help hydrate you faster than water. (It's also great for rehydrating after a night of drinking lol!) Usually it is suggested to drink water if you are slightly dehydrated or need to keep yourself hydrated during moderate exercise. Usually gatorade is suggested for people that exercise more than an hour a day or athletes that are constantly practicing. It sounds like you need some super hydration so the Gatorade might help. Also, if you haven't taken any maybe try taking a couple Tylenol. After 4 days of a headache the benefits are going to outweigh the risks at this point. Hope you feel better. I live with chronic migraines so I can imagine how you feel right now. Some other things that I use to help manage my migraines and keep them at bay is get a good amount of sleep every night, try to eat a balanced diet (I know this is difficult right now) and drink lots and lots of fluids. Especially right now I would drink double what you should usually drink since you are having diarrhea multiple times a day. I do find that for some reason Gatorade is a bit easier to drink than water when I'm nauseous too. Feel better!

HopefulMonster
September 25th, 2013, 10:38 AM
If you're uk gurly try dioralyte it's specially for rehydrating after being ill and can get it from asda, tesco, any chemist, it's only cheap and works wonders. You could see if you feel better after a few hours of drinking it - it usually works fast. If it doesn't help then it's not because of dehydration.

Sounds gross but I'd definitely ask the dr to run a stool sample to check you've not got any infection. Some things that cause chronic diarrhea can need antibiotics to clear it up.

Ribenaberry
September 25th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Id defo get checked, dehydration can be quite bad in pregnancy, i know they put my friend on a drip after a bad bout of d&v.

I hope it goes away soon

Xxx

gurly
September 25th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks so much for the responses. I called and spoke with the nurse, she asked me about my urine and based on the color she doesn't think I'm dehydrated but she later left me a message saying she has a prescription for a headache medication for me. Didn't say the name of it but that its a controlled substance. I'm not interested in taking anything that could harm the baby so I'll stick to Tylenol and if it doesn't eaze up tomorrow I might go to urgent care and make sure I'm not dehydrated. This is torture!