PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone regret those GD feelings now that bubs is here

3littleladies
September 26th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Hi ladies,

My LO is now 15months and she is the cutest most affectionate little girl.

I can now say that I regret feeling sad at my 20wk u/s, although I have forgiven myself cause I just couldn't stop the way I was feeling at the time.

I've been looking at Confirmed Girl pics and my eyes water :tissue: because they look so cute and I only wish I could have enjoyed my 20wk u/s instead of being so sad.

I know my desire for a boy will be with me, but we're not having anymore and Im ok with that, I know I'll be the best mother in law to my son in laws and the best grand mother to hopefully some grandsons.

Does anyone else feel bad or guilty in any way?

two1984
September 26th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Hi,
I was quite disappointed when we found out DS2 was a boy at the scan and I did feel down for a few days. I regretted that the moment he was born and now wonder why I ever felt like that as he is such a sweet cuddly boy. Not sure how I will feel tomorrow when we hear this one is another boy though. Absolutely dreading it to be honest. I'm wondering whether it may be best not to find out but then I really don't know how I would feel finding out at birth..This is our last one too!

onebigwish
September 26th, 2013, 04:29 AM
No i dont feel guilty i dont regret the way i was Feeling...because i wanted a Girl really bad :( I never ever want to feel like that again !
But when DS2 was Born i totally changed he is my everything now.

Adia
September 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I try not to be hard on myself for being so sad from the 20wk u/s to DD3 birth. But everyone says I look fantastic in the pictures right after she was born because I had a big smile on my face. She has been my little peanut since I had her.

I held out hope to the bitter end that she was a boy when I knew, all along, she was a girl.

While I love her so much and was the best mommy I could possibly be, I was still sad that I hadn't had a boy and that I may never have a boy at that point DH wasn't willing to agree to DC4 then.

Fast forward 5 years....if I can have a DC4 and it happens to be another girl, I'll be fine after a few minutes of sadness. GD won't ever get the grip on me it had while pregnant with DD3.

Dh and I want another baby and it has taken us so long that we'll be happy either way. It will be our last for sure so we keep that in perspective. We've gotten a lot better at telling people to F**K off if they have any problem with 3/4 girls...in the nicest way, of course!:bigsmile:

You shouldn't be hard on yourself for feeling the way you felt. It is human nature to want what we want for no specific reason. I highly doubt you were anything but a wonderful mother to her and that you quickly separated your desire for a boy from your love for her.

dreamingofeden
October 9th, 2013, 06:03 AM
This thread is exactly what I needed to read at the moment, after just having 20 wk scan yesterday and having my heart broken hearing boy. Its comforting to know that most of you came out well the other side or when bubs finally arrives. Its day 2 and I feel quite sad still and trying to hold back tears but it gives me hope that it will get better with time.

3littleladies
October 9th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Dreamingofeden it truly does get easier & when he's here & a bit older & his personality shows you really wont be able to imagine him being anything other than himself.

3littleladies
October 9th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Adia im sorry to hear its taking you a while to fall pregnant, I really hope it happens soon.

I love your attitude about the people's comments if you do end up with another girl, but I hope you get your little blue bundle.

Adia
October 9th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you 3littleladies. I have given up in some ways. We are still trying and we have no reason to stop trying....except I have gained over 15lbs and had to buy all new clothes. :sad:

I just can't keep getting my hopes up and then having them crash down month after month. I got pregnant last Nov on my first try but it was a blighted ovum.

I saw a fertility doctor and tried one round of clomid (the side effects in the week before AF were HORRID!) and I may try one or two more rounds on my own but our insurance won't cover TREATMENT, they'll only cover TESTING.

We can't justify spending loads of money we don't have when we have 3 kids already and are using student loans to help survive while I'm in school.

I keep hoping it will happen....

3littleladies
October 10th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Big hugs to you Adia.

Adia just know that he or she is coming when he or she is suppose to, I know its hard to believe this at the moment, sometimes life throws challenges at us for what ever reason & yes at times it really sux (excuse the French) but I think when you do fall pregnant you will be happier that it did happen when it did rather then earlier, I hope you can see what Im trying to say x

Adia
October 10th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Thank you 3littleladies, I do understand what you are saying.

I do know in the back of my mind and in my heart that life happens how its supposed to. While I wish I could translate that into "I will get prego and have a healthy baby in X amount of time..." it just doesn't.

In the mean time, I'm a lucky mummy like you and have 3 beautiful girls that keep me very busy and very happy!