PDA

View Full Version : Australian PGD website?

jude17
May 22nd, 2011, 05:09 AM
Hi. Does anyone in Aussie know anything about this website/clinic?

http://www.globalhealthtravel.com.au/treatments/fertility-treatment/gender-selection/?gclid=CNiU_aGZ-6gCFagZQgodAkUZTQ

Is it to good to be true (i.e. price wise) and thus is this website a scam? Thailand does sound a bit dodgy??

Is the only really safe way to do PGD via an American clinic?

nuthinbutpink
May 22nd, 2011, 06:36 AM
ThaiSuperior ART is legit. Several have cycled there. Not sure of their stats but they are real.

xygene
May 24th, 2011, 06:51 AM
It's all correct and a cheaper option. We were very close to going and if it hadn't of been for IG would have. They have very low stats, are very conservative with meds and offer little support. They are 'partnered' with Sydney IVF. Must say though, the DR always emailed back within minutes of sending questions via email...

grasshopper
May 25th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Totally legit...have cycled there twice and heading back for cycle # 3 next month. Price is much more affordable for us than the US.
Although I haven't been lucky to have a successful pregnancy yet I have to disagree with the above comment from xygene.
There is no proof that their stats are low...that has only been deduced from a small number of women from the IG website who have not had success cycling there in the last year or so...they have had successes, just not meany from that website. I have contacted them and SIVF regarding their stats and have not been able to get anything set in stone at all which I will admit does not look good.
I don't understand exactly what is meant by conservative with meds...their protocols are not as aggressive as they seem to be in the US but neither are the protocols in Australia. This has not been a bad thing for me...more aggressive does not always yeild beter quality eggs.
I disagree wholeheartedly with the comment that they offer little support...that has not been my experience at all...in fact I have had wonderful support from them and have found all of my emails responded to promptly and follow up emails after I cycled...I am not sure if that is because I cycled from start to finish in Bangkok so perhaps I received more support than those who started in OZ (speculating)???? Maybe I have just been lucky.
This is not an easy road and there is no disputing that some of the clinics in the US are enjoying great success. If it was an option for us we would travel to the US as I would love to have all 24 chromosomes tested but logistically it just doesn't work for us to cycle there...so Thailand is it for us.
I am as frustrated and as disappointed as everyone else for those of us on the IG website who have not had success at SART but I am far from bitter and feel everyone should do their OWN research and work out the best options for themselves.
Good luck with your journey.
Fingers crossed for us all.

xygene
May 29th, 2011, 07:19 AM
So very sorry didn't mean to offend, having reread it i can see that it could be taken out of context, I was just trying to say in a quick summary what i'd heard on IG and my friends experience not my own experience. My own experience was that the DR was always very good at getting back to us...
GL

Wanting a daughter
May 29th, 2011, 08:33 AM
It seems to me that the website is a bit like a travel agent and is charging you for doing the things you can quite easily do yourself. If you are happy to fork out extra for someone to organise everything then it looks good but otherwise it can all be done yourself without too much trouble.

threeatlast
May 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I think you personally need to be comfortable with where you choose to travel! I went to SART Oct last year with no transfer, and must say I had a great Holiday , but was very disappointed that there was no contact after cycle, not even replying to my Emails, when I left I asked Doctor if they could do a discount so I could come back to do another cycle and no reply. I currently on 3 days bed rest after transferring a XY yesterday at RFC . Go with your heart and good luck

jils04
May 29th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I have also since had another consult with my sivf re and he/she looked over both my cycles and told me to take dhea and go back to the U.S. That is very strange indeed, especially since they endorse Sart as a gs place. He/she never mentioned anything else. This made me wonder but was too embarrassed to ask.

Regrow
May 30th, 2011, 02:11 AM
I have also since had another consult with my sivf re and he/she looked over both my cycles and told me to take dhea and go back to the U.S. That is very strange indeed, especially since they endorse Sart as a gs place. He/she never mentioned anything else. This made me wonder but was too embarrassed to ask.

This is really disheartening to read when I start my injections today. I do hope I have made the right decision to cycle at SART and I am not just throwing my money away :(

glory
May 30th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Hi we are travelling to Bangkok next week for PGD, I can only use my experience but every time I have contacted I have heard back promptly, he has been very good at answering my questions and SIVF was also really good explaining everything to me when we had our initial meeting. She (from sydney IVF) said that it had good success rates and was a really good and nice clinic... will see next week.

For us, we can cycle 2 times at SART compared to once in the US (I am in Perth) and would have to travel with the 3 kids, so it came down to that. The travel and accommodation is costing more than the PGD.

Hopefully we get a BFP.

jils04
May 30th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I truly truly wish you the best Regrow and glory. Hope you get your bfp's. Us Aussies spend so much time, effort, money chasing our dreams and its not fair that we have to suffer like this. We need somewhere close and reliable. Please know that we are 100% behind you. GL

glory
May 30th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks so much Jils it means so much to have everyone wanting this for us, if we were closer to the us maybe our choice would be different but just flight time of 6 hours compared to 24 hours jacked up on fertility mess with 3 boys made it an easier decision too. I just really hope that it is legit, that they are doing good and safe practice in Bangkok, I am sure they are but you can't help but wonder.

Australia does need to come to the party, it is ludicrous what I am doing when I could be spending the money here in Aus.

Regrow
May 30th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks jils04 for your support! It really is so unfair that PGD is banned in Oz. We are somehow made to feel that what we are doing is wrong and breaking the law. It really does make me angry as people judge us without trying to relate to how they would feel in our shoes. I have told more people than I should about what I am doing and it may come back to bite me on the butt, but I am following my dream and I couldn't care less about their opinions. I don't really post that much but I do follow all the girls cycles and learn so much from all of you. I get really upset when I see sad news and BFN's as it is so so unfair and it makes you feel like screaming at our politicians who make these laws that they are destroying peoples dreams and lives. I am 100% behind all the girls as well no matter which path they choose to tread. GL

threeatlast
May 30th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Good luck girls and like Jils04 said we are 100% behind you. The clinics are legit and clean and they do know what they are doing it just didn't work for me.