PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shower

Trina7020
September 29th, 2013, 09:54 AM
It's been 2 months since I found out I was having my 3rd son. I'm doing quite a bit better than the first time I posted her (with the help of a therapist and daily Prozac) but I still have my moments. We've named the baby and I feel like I've accepted I will only ever be a mother to boys but my excitement over the pregnancy/baby hasn't returned at all.

My friends from church have planned a baby shower for next weekend. I really don't want to have it but I didn't want to hurt the feelings of my very generous friends and both my mom and the therapist talked me into it. The problem is the closer it gets the more nervous I get... I seriously feel sick thinking about opening all that blue and having to fake loving it.

Has anyone else felt similar when celebrating a baby? Any tips how to get through this?

grace03
September 30th, 2013, 03:59 AM
hi , I am having my 4 th son (29weeks) and have never had a baby shower . I am having one this time however and it's rainbow theme . I also asked for donations to heart kids in lieu of presents that way I can enjoy my afternoon without having to open all blue which would upset me as I have cupboards of that colour lol
hope you can have a nice time xxx

Adia
September 30th, 2013, 01:47 PM
hi , I am having my 4 th son (29weeks) and have never had a baby shower . I am having one this time however and it's rainbow theme . I also asked for donations to heart kids in lieu of presents that way I can enjoy my afternoon without having to open all blue which would upset me as I have cupboards of that colour lol
hope you can have a nice time xxx

BRILLIANT! What an amazing idea!!!

OP:
I had a baby shower for DD3 and felt awkward but try to remember when someone give you a shower its as much about them GIVING the shower as it is about you receiving it.

I know it will be hard no matter what you do, I remember how GD was a daily struggle for me once I found out DD3 was another girl.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

Trina7020
October 9th, 2013, 10:17 PM
The shower was nice and I did surprisely well. Most of my friends know my feelings (although not to the deep extent they go) and avoided clothes and stuck with just baby things. (It may be a 3rd baby buts it's been 10 years and we have nothing). I had myself convinced that no one would care about this baby because it's a boy but turns out my friends love ME and are happy I am having another baby and think my older boys are pretty amazing so another boy is a blessing. I'm sure some of you can relate to the negative thoughts I had.

Anyway,.. Here's a picture... 14662

Adia
October 9th, 2013, 11:19 PM
What a great picture! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself and your sweet friends. It's really more about your friendship than about another boy.
I love those cookies....I'd kill to have a jungle theme room, baby shower......anything!
Don't be a stranger!