PDA

View Full Version : Immune issues

coliny
October 1st, 2013, 10:29 PM
Dear Dr Braverman,

I've had 2 failed cycles from HRC with no known fertility issues. I have conceived naturally with 2 kids. I got very good embryos out of the cycle (7 normals from Natera testing). I transferred 1 the first cycle. It was a bfn. My second cycle was a frozen one and we transferred 2. During the transfer, Dr Potter was unavailable last minute so another dr did it at HRC. He had a difficult time at transfer and took 30 minutes. That cycle ended in a chemical. Both cycles I had stomach upset and diarrhea. The first cycle on the 2nd day and the fet on the 4th day. I thought that the reason why it didn't work was because I had mild OHSS on the 1st and a difficult transfer on the 2nd.

I tried naturally for a few months but bfn. Went to a local OB to get an IUI. I had a very good response again. Had 4 mature follicles at the IUI. On the 2nd day after transfer, I had the same thing happen again. I had an upset stomach and diarrhea. I was really surprised. For it to happen 3 times is no longer a coincidence.

I researched online and found Dr Sher's blog posting on auto immune implantation dysfunction. Could I possibly have this? There is no such testing where I live. I live in the Philippines. Where can I get this done?

Someone also mentioned changing hcg trigger to lupron. Could I have adverse reaction to it?

I am 33 yrs old at the time of my first cycle. Currently, 34. Dh is 37. All normal testing on fsh, amh, progesterone, estradiol and sonohysterogram. Dh also has normal sperm analysis.

I still have 4 frozen embryos. I would to find out what I have before wasting these.

Thank you.

Thanks for reading.

Dr. Braverman
October 3rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
as we spoke , I can get the testing for you drawn in the PHillipines and sent to the US. You are correct that some of the symptoms you experience are related to immune rejection. The mild OHSS can also be a sign of insulin resistance which can be easily corrected and may have also been a source of the failures.

coliny
October 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Thank you.