PDA

View Full Version : Bound to be ANOTHER boy!

maybeoneday
October 2nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
I am so fed up of everyone saying that my chances of a girl after 3 boys is virtually zero! My DS 3 is only 10 weeks old and people feel the need to say 'well you have no chance of a girl if you have any more'.

I know the stats that is is still nearly 50/50 but when you are told something that many times, you start to believe it. I am 95% certain that we will go for one more but not sure how I will handle the 'told you so' comments that I will get if it is another boy.

I think if I lived in the US, I would go HT but the enormous cost of travel as well as the cost of HT is not realistic and I would feel like I was depriving my existing children of so many things.

Sorry for the brain dump but had to offload somewhere!

Thanks for listening! X

Dana-Alicia
October 2nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Sorry you feel this way, I can totally relate. The comments people make, only make GD worse. How about HT in Europe or Jordan? it's much cheaper, about 4000-5000 euro. Rather give that a shot than swaying if you don't have a good feeling about it. I know the succes rates are much lower, but at least the gender is basically guaranteed.

deaks66
October 2nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
Oh Hun, I really feel for you, as will many many ladies here. The comments just don't let up do they... I had and still get some horrific comments made worse by having a third. But you know how wonderful boys are and I expect your newest one is just gorgeous!

maybeoneday
October 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks! My little one is totally gorgeous and I would not swap him for the world. I think the worst comment I had was 'wow, 3 boys, bad luck!' How do people not see that as inappropriate!

I had considered HT in Europe and still might go for it but I am almost 36 and know time is not on my side for IVF. I think I would also feel like if I was going to do it, I ought to give it my best shot and that means the US.

Deaks, I have been following your story on the HT board (never got brave enough to post) and I am so sorry about your recent cycle. It must be so hard to be so close to your dream then have it taken away. Will you try again?

deaks66
October 2nd, 2013, 05:53 PM
I know, I just don't get it! When I was heavily pregnant in the space of about 2 hrs I had one woman grimace at me when I told her it was my third boy and another tell me three boys would be her idea of hell! Whatever happened to being polite and congratulating someone! Aw you should post, everyone is so thankful of any support! I will be going back in jan for my frostie and then may well cycle once more if that doesn't work out. I am glad I chose HRC as I feel like even if it never happens I gave it my very best by going there x

OneLastDream
October 2nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Hi I do really feel for you too. I have experienced the 3 boys comments and also the 4 boys comments but I can honestly say they were worse with 3. We kept the sex of our 4th boy a secret mainly because I was worried I wouldn't deal with the comments very well. Since he has been born I can honestly say I have had 90% lovely comments ie oh how wonderful 4 boys, and oh you will be treated like a queen and oh how lucky you are. I have had a few of the omg 4 boys - rather you than me but they are in the minority. But, you have a very good chance of having a girl - I think it's fairly unusual to get 4 of a kind xxxx good luck xxx

Dreamofpink
October 2nd, 2013, 05:56 PM
What an awful thing to be told! People can be so insensitive & thoughtless. I'm only 9 weeks or so away from meeting our ds3 & I can totally relate with the feeling that we're bound to get another ds afterwards. I'd love to do HT but we simply don't have the money. I think the gamble of 'will it, won't it work' & it costing sooo much from the UK is what terrfies me the most. I wish it was an option for us but I think I'd love a big family anyway.

Enjoy your sweet little baby boy & ignore the stupid comments as best you can. The other week I had 'oh your house will be so full of testosterone!' from a Mum of a grown-up pigeon pair. Sometimes I think they're the worst Mums for being smug, like they hit the jackpot. It makes me feel better though knowing that it's far more likely that my two boys have a much closer bond than they would've done if one was a girl. Oh & I kicked myself later for not having a quick response like 'better than a house full of estrogen!' :D

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

maybeoneday
October 2nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks ladies, you have cheered me up and given me much to think about in the HT and swaying world!

Deaks, I wish you all the luck in the world and if I ever win the lottery, I will be picking your brain on HRC and where on earth to start.

Until then, I will enjoy my baby (and the other 2 but if they could keep teacher strikes to a minimum I would be grateful!) and secretly stick 2 fingers up to everyone that feels the need to make inappropriate comments!

Most of all I wish for a perfect world and we all get our desired gender one day! X

maybeoneday
October 2nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
What an awful thing to be told! People can be so insensitive & thoughtless. I'm only 9 weeks or so away from meeting our ds3 & I can totally relate with the feeling that we're bound to get another ds afterwards. I'd love to do HT but we simply don't have the money. I think the gamble of 'will it, won't it work' & it costing sooo much from the UK is what terrfies me the most. I wish it was an option for us but I think I'd love a big family anyway.

Enjoy your sweet little baby boy & ignore the stupid comments as best you can. The other week I had 'oh your house will be so full of testosterone!' from a Mum of a grown-up pigeon pair. Sometimes I think they're the worst Mums for being smug, like they hit the jackpot. It makes me feel better though knowing that it's far more likely that my two boys have a much closer bond than they would've done if one was a girl. Oh & I kicked myself later for not having a quick response like 'better than a house full of estrogen!' :D

I LOVE that response, I will save that for the testosterone comment when it comes........

The sad thing is that the reality of having 3 boys is actually great. My big boys adore their baby brother and yes they love to examine the contents of his nappies in detail (they are 5 and 3 what can you do!) but they are so loving and not the vile creatures that mums of girls assume them to be!

It doesn't stop me wanting a girl, but on the whole boys are great and they don't get enough credit in society!

Dreamofpink
October 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
I couldn't agree more! My Mum has me & my sis & vehemently insists that we behaved no better nor any worse than my two boys! It's a stupid cultural assumption that girls behave better, when in my experience there's no truth in it at all! My two are dotty for my old dolls at the moment, which makes DH uncomfortable, but they're excited about meeting the baby & ds1 is always cuddling my tummy & talking to the baby.

I keep telling them that I always dreamed of having a brother & now I'm being blessed with 3 boys of my own! Best of both worlds really. I still dream of a daughter & know I won't feel complete without one. Did you sway this time? Would you consider it (again)? It's great to see the stats evolving & next time I will definitely get a plan to take the Martha-ness out of my ridiculous drawn-out sway that wasted 18 months & still brought me ds3.

I have no regrets though as I needed that self-imposed super-strict sway & all the time wasted to reach a place where ds3 hasn't totally destroyed me. I can't wait to meet him now & feel so excited when I imagine my 3 boys meeting for the first time ever! Gosh, if I ever have a DD, I'll be so jealous of her having such a wonderful set of big brothers to look out for her! (Sorry for the bias there!)

maybeoneday
October 2nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
I did sway but not strictly. I started off really strict and lost about a stone but went too hard on the releasing and ultimately wasted a year not getting pregnant! I then relaxed the sway so hard as was desperate for a baby that I ended up with DS3!

I would do things very differently next time and would buy a plan from atomic for sure but I still have this niggle about going HT. Would I regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't do it? Would I regret the money if I did it and it didn't work? There are no right answers, I just have to be happy with the one we make!

The only thing for sure is that we will only have one more baby! Think I am pushing DH already talking about 4!

Enjoy your latest baby boy. They are all so precious and grow up so quickly.

1+2+3boys
October 2nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
I can so relate to these comments! After DPs 6 sons people think we have no chance of a girl

trifecta
October 3rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Comments like that are painful to hear. To me it always seems to imply that they think there's something "wrong" with me. But as you said, it really is 50/50. There's nothing wrong with us and much right if we're able to have these beautiful boys! The people you know could just as easily have been the ones with all boys and you with both sexes. There's definitely a lot of chance involved and you are about as likely as anyone to have a girl next. I think if most of us had as many children as nature allowed we would end up with at least one of each but with families being smaller now for many reasons the pressure is on.

Hoping4aPrincess
October 10th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I know that must be hard to hear. But they are very very wrong. We just had our DD in July after 3 DS's. We didn't sway either. I did take Vitex for a month. But that was it. It can definitely happen. Don't let rude comments like that, get you down. They're far from the truth. :)

desperate4blue
October 10th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I am so fed up of everyone saying that my chances of a girl after 3 boys is virtually zero! My DS 3 is only 10 weeks old and people feel the need to say 'well you have no chance of a girl if you have any more'.

I know the stats that is is still nearly 50/50 but when you are told something that many times, you start to believe it. I am 95% certain that we will go for one more but not sure how I will handle the 'told you so' comments that I will get if it is another boy.

I think if I lived in the US, I would go HT but the enormous cost of travel as well as the cost of HT is not realistic and I would feel like I was depriving my existing children of so many things.

Sorry for the brain dump but had to offload somewhere!

Thanks for listening! X

Hi
I am in exact the opposite situation with 3 girls. Wish sooooo badly for a boy. People often pity me that I dont think I could try naturally too end up with another girl! I love my girls but the desire for a boy is just out of the world. If only Pgd was available in the uk!
Any boy tips please?

Emily
October 11th, 2013, 02:55 AM
I know that must be hard to hear. But they are very very wrong. We just had our DD in July after 3 DS's. We didn't sway either. I did take Vitex for a month. But that was it. It can definitely happen. Don't let rude comments like that, get you down. They're far from the truth. :)

Yep, what she said! I was warned off trying for number 3 by someone who truly loves me and just wanted to protect me from disappointment - she said you know it will be a boy don't you? Well, we are both happy that she was wrong as DD1 will be bouncing into our lives in the New Year. I am not sure of the stats but they are of the population as a whole not those swaying etc.

I took vitex too.
Good luck.

SoulSister
October 20th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Got 3 boys and a girl. No swaying. She was a surprise.
#5 on its way, and I am getting the same comments! That's pretty funny considering we have a girl!

SoulSister
November 2nd, 2013, 04:18 AM
Just wanted to share that we are expecting our second daughter. No swaying involved.
There is hope :)

maybeoneday
November 11th, 2013, 04:41 PM
You girls all give me hope! I WILL try again and I will hopefully be blessed with another baby. You never know it might be pink and it can be ME that says 'told you so!' Not the other way around!

Congrats to all those who got their desired gender and all those wanting blue, I have tips in abundance! X

motherofboys
January 2nd, 2014, 11:59 AM
Right from announcing our 4th pregnancy my brother in law just kept saying "wow imagine having 4 boys" and my mother in law always called the baby "he" saying "that's just the way it goes sometimes" I did get a 4th boy but I felt annoyed that they thought I had no chance and felt my mother in law was just being spiteful and she thought we shouldn't have had a 4th