PDA

View Full Version : Done PGD For A Girl & Having Boy Has This Happened To Anyone Else

akeh4
October 2nd, 2013, 11:00 PM
Hi I'm new here so I apologise if I do something wrong.

We have just gone through PGD for a girl as we have 3 boys, it was successful and baby is due in a month. We were told at 16 weeks looked like a boy which we didn't believe due to PGD. The at 20 weeks no is a girl. We have had the past 3 months getting ready for the birth of our little girl filling our house with all that's pink only to be told 3 days ago its a boy. As you can imagine it feels like a double edged sword, it feels like a death has happened in the family but of course there is the blessing of a birth approaching. At the moment though I am still grieving .

As everyone had said you will love whatever sex you have been blessed with but it is natural to feel disappointed.

Has anyone else gone through this and how did you cope

nuthinbutpink
October 2nd, 2013, 11:22 PM
Whoa. Where did you cycle and what day and what kind of testing did you use? Day 3 aCGH or FISH? I am so sorry. We have had this happen with both of those testing methods. I am so sorry.

Alyssasmom789
October 3rd, 2013, 01:12 AM
Oh my! Can you please share where you cycled? What testing method? So sorry! Have you contacted the clinic you cycled at about this?

glory
October 3rd, 2013, 01:16 AM
I am so sorry this has happened. I too would be very curious as to where you cycled and what type of testing they did. This may help in explaining what may have gone wrong.

Unfortunately it has happened before but it is quite rare.

I am sorry you are grieving at this very special time. Very understandable after everything you went through.

1+2+3boys
October 3rd, 2013, 02:02 AM
I am sorry to hear this, When being so sure you are getting your girl it must feel like you lost her. Do you get a refund? I hope so

lisvna
October 3rd, 2013, 06:11 AM
Oh no really? Where have you cycled? which testing method did you use?

I did PGD too for a girl but in the end we transfered both genders (2xx and 2xy) because of severe fragmented embryos and little chance of pregnancy. We ended up with a only one boy. So I do feel your pain about doing HT for a girl and up with a boy......

I do hope you find some peace in the end. I did, so if you want to PM me you are welcome......

Petal
October 3rd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Do you think the scan 3 weeks ago could be wrong? as the baby is quite big now it may have been difficult to tell, I guess you wont know for definite until the birth, so sorry you are going through this, where did you cycle?? x

Drunken Cockatoo
October 3rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
OMG this gives me chills. I am so sorry for you. I also think that you have a slight chance that the last scan was wrong. I gave birth to my son in may. With 14 weeks they told me boy and the 20 weeks scan confirmed at. At week 38 a doctor at the clinic called my baby boy "she" and "her" during the scan. Baby was big and so he couldn't see the boy parts.

Wishful thinking
October 3rd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Oh no. I can't even imagine. It really must feel like a death almost because you have been preparing for pink for so long. Words fail me but I'm so sorry.

Laurie
October 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Oh my god you poor thing. Hopefully they are wrong. I'm waiting to have my gender confirmed in a few weeks and I'm so nervous. Where did you cycle? Thinking of you.

chocolate
October 3rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Oh my goodness, what a rollercoaster for you, we're they certain at the last scan? Especially as they changed their minds before? I think I would get one more scan, Im sure you will fall in love with your baby, the dissapointment will come and go. I hope your clinic offers you your money back so if you want too you can cycle again somewhere else if need be. I'm so sorry this happened to you x

nuthinbutpink
October 3rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
If you were told girl at 20 weeks, I would still think there is a chance- and a good one- that it is a girl. If you were told 3 months after that scan it is a boy...that is a really hard time to see things clearly. I hope they are wrong and there is just lots of swelling in there.

lisvna
October 5th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Do you know more about gender?

retrolove1
October 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
I have heard that it's hard to tell the gender if you are too far along because the labia can swell quite a lot before birth. I hope that is the case, I would be feeling extremely angry if I was in your situation x x

Waiting4Daisy
October 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM
I would be wary at being told gender so far along. Maybe ask to be scanned again. I hope everything is just too smooshed up in there to tell. Mistakes in pgd are very rare I believe.

monkeysnuffer
October 26th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Iwow that is scary

Kate4
November 3rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
I really want to know how and where. I hope she is doing well. I wonder where she is?

Kate

Charly123
May 19th, 2017, 11:19 PM
Hi, do you know where I can go for family balancing? We are from Holland. Thank you

lovellcute
May 20th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Words fail me! Hope you're ok and please keep us updated x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk