PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for all of you girl moms. It's about DTD to conceive your DD

Trishy74
October 4th, 2013, 07:34 PM
I first posted this in trying to conceive a girl forum and then thought to myself...these women are trying to conceive girls...so best thing to do is post this on the trying to conceive a boy forum since you ladies already have a DD. Hope you don't mind me popping in here to ask a question. I have a DS who is 2 years old and I'm hoping to give him a sister (as he requests it). LOL. If any of you need any info on what a boy mom did, I could try to help you. I totally boy swayed without even realizing it. So this is my question:

I've had to change up my sway for a girl a bit b/c for the past few months I haven't been lucky to conceive and while I'm not doing a hard sway bc of my age (39), I am certainly trying in other areas to work it out. My question is has anyone on here conceived their girl by dtd every other night from the end of AF to O? I'm at my fertile time now and was trying to keep up with every other night of DTD. However, I had to skip last night b/c not to give TMI but we started DTD while using KY (which I use every once in a while anyway) and all of a sudden, it started getting really sticky and like glue and it was late so we just gave up b/c it was just taking forever! LOL. Little did I know, it expired in August of 2005! Oh my! LOL.. so we were keeping up with every other day (which I understand is a boy sway but b/c of our age and hubbys health issues, Atomic informed me to try to change things up a bit). Although, Atomic said every 2-4 days. So I guess if we DTD tonight, it will be like a 2 day hiatus b/c nothing came about of last night due to the sticky situation with KY. So anyhoo, my question is to all of you girl mom's, have any of you conceived a girl by DTD every day or every 2 days? I know it worked for Atomic. Just wondering if anyone had any stories.

Thanks for taking a look! I just got my positive opk tonight and while I'm nervous to DTD tonight and tomorrow (which I did last month and nothing came about), I feel as if I have no choice b/c I'm having issues conceiving. I know DS was conceived on first night of positive OPK and following night of positive OPK. I'm nervous to dtd tonight and tomorrow night but I'm hoping some of you can tell me that you DTD on these nights and it got you your DD so I don't feel so bad. Thanks again for reading!

nuthinbutpink
October 4th, 2013, 09:51 PM
We DTD pretty much from after AF to O date and then right after. 3 girls! Good luck!

Trishy74
October 4th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks so much for your response. You have given me hope. Although I got positive opk tonight, I feel ovulation pains now. Tonight was my first surge so I'm hoping it lasts long enough. It usually lasts 2 days but this months cyclr was very off and painful. I'm starting to think maybe something is wrong like cysts. Although I ovulated from right ovary last month and still achy. It's just been really strange. I'm going to take another opk when my son falls asleep. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that the surge hasn't ended. Thanks again for the info. You really have given me a sense if hope.

Mumof3girls
October 4th, 2013, 11:49 PM
We DTD every day with first two girls so hubby abstained and DTD once after O day and had another girl!

Trishy74
October 5th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks so much for ur input. I've def heard about every day bd sway girl bc reduce sperm count. Appreciate ur response. I woke with a uti today and I know I need antibiotic but I'm worried it will sway blue for me. I've never been had no cm at all like u did last night or this morning. I'm wondering if a uti would cause such dryness. I wanted a little ewcm bc last month I didn't have much and I relayed that to my issue of not conceiving. Thanks again for ur reply. You give me hope as well.

Adia
October 5th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Well, even though i have 3 girls I was completely unaware of swaying, timing, etc when I conceived them. Dh and I were 'trying' for DD2 and DD3 but I knew very little.

I do know that my diet has ALWAYS been very LE as that is what fits my body type. Doing the HE diet has been very 'against the grain' for my body. I have had many benefits of the HE diet but I have gained a lot more weight than I would like. I obviously have age or hormone issues because I have been swaying since last Nov and got a BFP in Dec 2012 but it was a blighted ovum so back to swaying.

I would keep in mind that because we are older (I'm 37) that it might take us longer to conceive as we have older eggs and it is possible that 2 out of every 5 eggs is a dud....and anything with swaying, especially swaying pink, is lowering your fertility so I would expect it to take longer to get prego. I know several pink swayers on this board who have taken 1year or more to get prego.

Good luck to you, I hope you get your girl!!

Ribenaberry
October 6th, 2013, 01:59 PM
When ttc before, we would only dtd from day 8/9, every other day, then not again after o, got 2 girls. We also dtd 48 hours before ov for both of them.

Xxx

Trishy74
October 6th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks so much for all of your input. Since my LH surge, we dtd every day and yesterday we did it 2x. I know I'm doing a boy friendly sway type but b/c of my age, I really can't risk trying to wait many months to get pregnant. You guys all give me hope that it's possible to still get a girl dtd so often. I started at like day 9 as well dtd every other day but had to skip a day b/c of a ky incident...so my husband had a 2 day abstain. I just had a revelation before while I was eating my first meal of the day at my dining room table...I envisioned my son and another little boy running around my house. I have a strong feeling if I get preggo this month, it will be another boy which I'm okay with but would love a girl. As logn as the baby is healthy...that's all that really matters. blue dust to all of you ladies swaying blue.

atomic sagebrush
October 7th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I feel like I answered this on another thread already but just to keep the threads with info in them, I got most of my boys by DTD unprotected every day or 2 thru ovulation, so we had more than one attempt in my fertile window (exception may have been DS 1, we did DTD twice in fertile window but weren't DTD before that). Plus I have a "boy mom" personality and was eating a really HE Diet (DS 1 and 3) and/or doing mod exercise (DS 1,2, and 3) and/or taking a lot of supps (DS 2, 3, 4). My husband is also a machine, he can easily DTD 2x a day even now in his dotage LOL.

With DD, I was a lot mellower in personality, was doing a full LE Diet without taking any vitamin/mineral supps, and we were DTD every 4-5 days. This ended up being only one attempt in my fertile window. She was the only one I had one attempt in my fertile window with.

sunnyinflorida
October 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
All of mine were with frequent bd'ing almost daily thru o. This boy was a two day cut off with less frequent bd'ing.

Gl!!

Alicewonder
October 7th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Hmmm wonder if this would work for us?
Have to double check DH could keep up?
But maybe having sperm constantly might do the trick a d sway pink?
Hmmm

Hobbermittens
October 7th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Both my girls were "one shot" deals. Literally. One was conceived on O day and the other was a 4 day cut off. Both my boys were multiple BDs--DS2 was an every other day DTD conception.

The Anchor
October 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
My "frequency" was exactly the same for DD and DS...that is, frequent! IMO it was all about diet and cardio when I conceived my girl. GL!

atomic sagebrush
October 10th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Hmmm wonder if this would work for us?
Have to double check DH could keep up?
But maybe having sperm constantly might do the trick a d sway pink?
Hmmm

It lowers odds of conception too much and you need to be in with a good attempt if you're lucky enough to ovulate on yoru own this month

3littleladies
October 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM
With dd1 & dd2 we were doing it everyday & with dd3 dh abstained for 4days & we dtd 3days before O & on the day of O, I did it this way because I was following a 'boy' timing calendar & those were the days I was told to do, ha so much for that!

Alicewonder
October 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I figured just thought maybe if we always had some we might actually catch O. And DH would be soo happy about that ha.
Ugh! This is soo upsetting. I'm feeling so Broken here.

atomic sagebrush
October 11th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I figured just thought maybe if we always had some we might actually catch O. And DH would be soo happy about that ha.
Ugh! This is soo upsetting. I'm feeling so Broken here.

You will be better off having an attempt every 2-4 days. The sperm can live that long inside your body and that will also give your husband enough time to make more sperm. Having sex every day can really lower sperm numbers so much that some people can't get pregnant that way.