PDA

View Full Version : Increasing pain days after d&c

deaks66
October 6th, 2013, 05:05 AM
I had a d&c on Tuesday eve and although I felt fine the first couple of days with barely any pain or bleeding, since around Thursday I have woken up with increasing pain and (to a much lesser extent) bleeding to the point today I'm wandering if I should get checked out. The pain is high up in my tummy at waist level and pain killers aren't really doing all that much. I'm a little better if I'm moving about. Could it be that my body hasn't caught on to the fact I've had a d&c and this is when I would have bleed naturally and so I'm getting the pain and a little bleeding?

kpmum
October 6th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I'm not sure but I would get checked out as the pain shouldn't get worse over time. Have u had any fevers? Has the błeeding increased?

deaks66
October 6th, 2013, 05:39 AM
No fever and the bleeding has only increased a tiny bit so still not much at all. I have been having headaches on and off too though probably not drinking enough.

kpmum
October 6th, 2013, 05:43 AM
I would still get checked out due to increasing pain. R u very active? Maybe rest for the day with a heat pack and see if the pain subsides. I would also take a non- steriodal anti inflammatory with what ever analgesia ur taking which should help with the pain x

deaks66
October 6th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Tmi but just had a rather painful bowel movement and actually the tummy pain has now subsided alot. I used to get this with af's. Seems like my body is very confused and doesn't seem to know whether it's coming or going!

deaks66
October 6th, 2013, 05:46 AM
I will do that Hun and try to rest up a bit as I haven't had much chance to do that since the d&c.

kpmum
October 6th, 2013, 05:52 AM
The general anaesthetic they would of given u for ur d&c can cause constipation in addition to pain relief. Hopefully ur pain was just that seeing how it was higher up. Get some rest x

deaks66
October 6th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Thanks Hun, feel reassured X

Polli
October 6th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Agree with KP but if it continues I'd get checked out. So sorry you're going through this on top of everything else. Hope it subsides, rest up and take it easy. This journey is never easy is it! Big hugs xx

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Drink lots of water to keep things moving!