PDA

View Full Version : It's already started...

Ghoulina
October 7th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Hi all. I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm not even pregnant yet, but still I feel the GD starting already. DH and I are both beginning the HE diet and we will start TTC in December. I feel like I'm setting myself up to fail. I feel like whatever swaying we do won't be good enough. I can imagine hearing the words "it's another girl" and it just hurts. I want a baby boy so desperately. I know I'm not alone here. Thank you for reading and may all of you get your DG.

MrsECullen
October 7th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I feel the exact same way as you (except the opposite gender) - I completely understand!! It feels like this is all pointless and we cannot conceive our DG.

MrsECullen
October 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I realize I didn't offer (or have) any advice.. Just wanted you to know you're NOT alone and there are others who feel the same

Adia
October 7th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Count me in....I have had such a hard time getting pregnant that I am getting to the point where I just take a baby, any baby! But I still desperately want a boy.

In many ways I have given up. I am still 'trying' and doing the HE but I have had to detach myself from a lot of the mental anguish of swaying because it has been exhausting for so long.

Remember, you, me, MrsECullen, we all have the chance at our desired gender as much as anyone else. Just remains to be seen if we will get it.

Honestly, I know way more families with GGGB than I do families with GGGG! Hope that helps. Big hugs mama, we feel your grief!

missmegrn
October 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Count me in as well. I am on cycle 7 of ttc a boy, and I too am at the point where I just want to be pg. I know that once I see that bfp, it's going to be real and there is nothing that can be changed. I know that those first 16 weeks will be filled with anxiety of whether I would be having another girl or my longed for boy. As Adia said, we all have a shot at our desired gender, but we may not get what we desire. There are a lot of women who have the perfect sways or put 100% of their heart and souls into their sway, only to have an opposite..it happens. For dh and I, 3 kids is our limit and our max, I practically had to beg dh to ttc again. So this time around is also very stressful, and I know that if I have another dd it might be gut wrenching and I may feel guilty, but at the end of the day if I don't try I don't have a shot at a son.

Maybeaboyinthefuture?
October 7th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Feeling just the same..not even pregnant yet..having +opk now, but waiting until next month to Ttc boy, after there girls! Nervewrecking!!!!��

Ghoulina
October 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Thank you for all of your responses and support. :hug2:

It really does mean a lot. There aren't many people that understand GD. Sometimes I feel like such a horrible person. Some can't even conceive and here I am wanting so badly to have one gender and dreading another.

black&gold
October 7th, 2013, 08:27 PM
If only I could hear "it's a girl" once in my life.. that'd be amazing ;)

Sometimes it's just nice to know that others want what you have - especially when you're so used to hearing all the negative comments from random strangers! (Can you tell it's driving me a little mad - I have 2 boys.. pregnant with our 3rd, but we're team green)

Good luck and I think the biggest part of all is not stressing over it. Do you best, but don't get to hung up on everything or that makes it a million times harder. I went way to crazy and had to ease up A LOT to get pregnant, so I'm kind of assuming boy #3 for us.

3littleladies
October 7th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Ive been where you're at, its not a good feeling I know, if you do end up with another girl at least you know you tried your best at swaying, my sway failed & I gave it my all with no regrets, although I will say going by certain 'boy' months is a waste of time, which was one part of my sway!

All the best with your sway, hope you get your little blue bundle x