PDA

View Full Version : Due in December/January/February 2013/14 Part 2!

Pages : [1] 2

nuthinbutpink
October 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM
New sticky for you guys!!

Tree
October 10th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Thank you! Hello new thread.

Soar
October 10th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Wow so shiny and new! :-)

Dreamofpink
October 10th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Thank you NBP! :D

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

onthepond
October 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Look at us go! Woohoo! I hope all of you ladies are doing well. I have been hiding again since our ultrasound last week when we found out I have complete placenta previa. I swear I just can't catch a break and I know I shouldn't complain but I am just so scared now. I start acupuncture 2 times a week and go back at 27 weeks for a recheck. Please keep saying prayers that this thing moves for us, it would mean so much to me. We lost our last baby and I am just so, so scared of what could happen now. Thanks so much!!!!!

onthepond
October 10th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Side note to the earlier conversation - our DD just turned 2 and we definitely aren't hiding from her yet when showering, changing, etc though she does know some things like vagina and boobs. HA. Gracefully hoping she doesn't start asking about daddy - that would kill him!!

Am3a
October 10th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Hi girls, we're very open with our kids too. We're not nudists or anything but if I need clothing from the other side of the house it's not unusual for me to do a bare-bum-dash to find it! :-)

My boys are always following me or DH to the toilet or shower so they've seen it all!

I'm in Australia and during our hot summers, kids are always naked in the backyard under the sprinkler!

My 4.5yo DS1 knows all the basic parts of his body and girls bodies and he's more interested in farts, fart jokes, pretend fart noises, smelly bums, etc. Now THAT is driving me crazy!!

meeks32
October 11th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Lol am3a.

I am in Aus too and basically it seems we have a similar philosophy to most of you ladies. I was raised in a very open household where I saw mum and dad shower and do the bare bum dash for clothes, and although nothing was ever flaunted, I certainly saw everything often, and it was treated as totally normal. I was told that private parts are private and that seeing eachother is only normal if you are at home in our household, in the shower etc. It was always drummed into me that you dont show these things to other extended family members or anyone else, that private parts are private but nothing to be ashamed of. Any questions I had were answered honestly, and at age 6 I remember having that 'where I come from' book and a few other anatomy books, things were always factual and scientific in our house, and by answering my many, many questions at an age appropriate level, I didnt feel the need to ask other people, and I think we may have had a conversation about what is a home question and what is a social or public setting question. Can you tell my mum is a teacher? hehe

I plan to raise my kids the same way, and ds1 is just like me, extremely observant, questioning and likes to explore ideas until he is satisfied he understands. If I dont explain things at home, he will and does ask other people, at kinder or daycare (he's 4), so I tend to try and be as honest as possible with everything he asks, while coating it in age appropriate language and length of description, so he can actually understand. I ease in on detail. He has seen me in the shower, getting dressed, doing the naked run for clothes etc. He knows he is allowed to look at my pregnant tummy if he asks at home but is aware he cant just pull my top up in public and take a look, so I think this is the way we tackled what's socially acceptable. We talk about having to ask to see mummy's tummy and that its something private that we only do at home, not when other people are around (dont need him flashing my stretch marks to the world!!!). Same goes for boobs etc. I try to tell him the real words for things, even if they are grown up, but also tell him that some people find those words rude, so we dont talk about them much unless asking a question. He is aware that sware words are rude so kind of understands this. I try to answer his questions. He has asked me why babies drink from boobies, if they can drink from daddies nipples, why not, how babies come out etc. That last one I gave a 4 year old answer, which was "Babies come out of mummy at the hospital, the doctor helps, and daddy is there too". He doesnt need to know much more right now, but perhaps after baby arrives when hes 5 I might tell him more. I dont want to scare him or make him think his sister is going to hurt mummy. So we kind of straddle the line between telling it like it is, and being age appropriate.

I am lucky we always had this approach because I will never forget the day ds1 as a 3 year old, got up to wee in the morning, dh was at work, I put him on the toilet and he saw his doodle was hard, and LOST. HIS. MIND. He screamed, tried to lean back away from it, said "mummy mummy, its big, help, its broken, its DYING". bahahahahaha. I was thinking OMG I really thought dh would be fielding this situation. I spoke really calmly and made as if it was nothing, and said "Its ok, its ok, its normal, daddy's does that too (at which point he stopped screaming), just lean forward and do a wee, it will go back to normal". He did, and it worked (whew, wasnt actually sure if that would work), and I just said this happens to older boys, when they sleep, its normal, just do a wee and it goes away. Later I'll make sure dh explains more, when the time is right, but for now he is ok with that much info.

Hope that helps. I know everyone is different but dont think its ever too late to change your approach if one thing isnt working.

Mumto3boys
October 12th, 2013, 12:19 AM
hahaha meeks32 that's awesome!... I had a similar experience my eldest when he first had an erection he was the same mummy make it go away! I said well don't touch it and think of something else! I tried really hard not to laugh... and my second said mummy I can't do it! I said what love? I can't do what Jacobs doing! I look over and he's pulling back his foreskin... Oh dear...ummm Dad! help! dad says don't look at me I'm not doing it! So I was it... :/

Tree
October 12th, 2013, 02:45 AM
My DS1 got erections since he was a newborn, that was quite a surprise to me!! He only started to notice in his twos as it would hurt him when wearing a nappy and we would have to set it free so it could go down. And then when wearing pants too, particularly when needing a wee. I always say either have a wee, or if that's not cause 'don't touch it'. When he is pant free he finds his willy quite interesting, probably because its hidden away most of the time.
We have actually never had the 'its private, for home (or summer baked fun times with buddies)' chat yet but so far (he is coming to to three and a half) he's shown no indication of being interested in talking about it or showing it in public. I really think because we've always been so normal about it he doesn't think of it as any different

Tree
October 12th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Oooops press send before I'd finished...

Cont:
To say his elbow. I'm sure that will change and we will deal with it accordingly.

On another note, I've woken up so uncomfortable and pressured in my chest etc... Think the baby is having a play at being breach today, not fun!!

black&gold
October 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
We're definitely very similar to the way the rest of you have all mentioned - any questions DS has he'll ask us and we never make it a big deal - always just age appropriate answers. The only thing different I have done was stop changing in front on him when he was 3ish because he would always come in to watch and quite honestly I just felt awkward sometimes. Half the time he's playing in another room when I change, and I shower in the evenings so there isn't really even the opportunity to 'see me'. Him and his brother are always showering or bathing together with my DH and it's nothing to them. We were actually informed yesterday once my husband went to the school to talk to them - they were dealing with the situation really weird and I just was over it so he went instead - that the teacher told him a girl started the whole thing by talking to him about privates and then lifting her shirt. Luckily we've never had an issue with him going around flashing his junk (we've also had the privates are private talk) but obviously this little girl sparked an interest this week!

Hope everyone is feeling well. I swear I'm way bigger than I was at 31 weeks the last two times but DH doesn't think so. I didn't really take pictures either so I can't compare. I sure feel like I'm completely full term though and there's still 9 weeks to go!!

meeks32
October 12th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I really think at that age it's so common for them to be interested, it's not even a big deal that they might ask eachother or flash eachother, sounds like the other parents are making a mountain out of a molehill here, this is really normal and just needs to be a chance for teachers and both parents to have a chat about what's ok in public and what's not. Nothing more. You are doing all the right things. Maybe shower with him once or twice a week to make it less interesting or special for him? Like dh does?

I am also WAY bigger this time, my pics don't look that much bigger because I started at about 5-6kg lower than previous pregnancies but I have gained more by 22 weeks than I did last time(s) and feel huge! People are making rude comments too which is frustrating when I am already self conscious!

black&gold
October 13th, 2013, 03:03 PM
I really think at that age it's so common for them to be interested, it's not even a big deal that they might ask eachother or flash eachother, sounds like the other parents are making a mountain out of a molehill here, this is really normal and just needs to be a chance for teachers and both parents to have a chat about what's ok in public and what's not. Nothing more. You are doing all the right things. Maybe shower with him once or twice a week to make it less interesting or special for him? Like dh does?

I am also WAY bigger this time, my pics don't look that much bigger because I started at about 5-6kg lower than previous pregnancies but I have gained more by 22 weeks than I did last time(s) and feel huge! People are making rude comments too which is frustrating when I am already self conscious!

That's horrible - I don't understand why anyone makes any comment about being bigger or whatever! I feel like this will be my heaviest pregnancy too. I feel like after the LE my body is no holding onto way more fat worrying it's going to get starved again lol! Hoping it all falls off right after baby, but that's probably wishful thinking! Maybe for you (and potentially me....) the OWT about gaining more weight with girls is true!

Soar
October 13th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I also feel soooooo much bigger with this baby! I have already gained 30lbs and I am only 26 weeks! Eck! I am also conveniently blaming the weight gain on the LE diet! :-) I am not eating anymore than I did with the boys but maybe my body is just keeping it all on just in case? Well that's what my story is and I'm sticking to it! At the end of the day my thought is there is plenty of time to loose the weight after this baby. Plus food tastes so much better when your pregnant don't you think?

Am3a
October 14th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Hi ladies, just wondering if any of your pregnancies have been dramatically different in terms of movement?

I am 27w5d and my baby is so mild! My 2 boys were FULL ON! This morning I had my glucose test and the baby moved once during the hour after the drink (I was sitting waiting to have my blood test). I remember my boys going nuts after that drink!

I'm worried but baby moves often enough not to go driving like a crazy lady straight to emergency! ;-)

Tree
October 14th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Am3a if movements are decreased for you then see your midwife. If this is normal for your baby then you probably don't need to worry.

This baby definitely has quiet days... And then has more active days. Actually I had a bit of a hiccup scare too... Excessive hiccuping it seems can be the result of cord compression. Regular hiccuping is good though and is a good indication they are practice breathing. Ultimately if you are worried then talk to someone. Best not to take any chances. Incidentally the hiccups day baby was a bit quiet, next day sooooo active!

myrainbowgirl
October 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I've definitely gained more so far (15 lbs at 20 weeks), but I still weigh less than I did with my first 3 boys at this stage of pregnancy. BUT, I was about 9-10 lbs. less than my normal pre-pg weight with this one...so I don't really look different. I am very lucky to lose the weight pretty quickly after pregnancy, I think mainly due to BF, but also I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis that tends to flare up after giving birth. We'll see how it goes this time! I have no intention of losing down to what I was before this pregnancy, so basically, if I gain 35, I will only lose 25. I was unhealthy! Anyway, you ladies are all right...you have time to lose the weight!! And we all will!

As far as movement goes...I am feeling much less this pregnancy, too. I have been somewhat worried, but trying not to dwell on it too much. I'm almost 21 weeks, and was feeling a TON with the first ones at this point. Less so with DS2 because of anterior placenta, but I'm pretty sure he was more active than this one. Of course, I have anterior placenta this time, too...so I think that's the main reason I'm not feeling as much. BUT, I have permanently reduced my sugar intake (as a result of the LE diet), and I honestly think that could be another reason for it. I still eat one sweet thing a day...usually at night when the kids are in bed. That is definitely when he is most active...about 15 minutes after I eat my dessert! :) I am also just hoping that he is a laid-back little boy. That would be SO great! But, if I don't start feeling more in the next month or so, I may talk to my doc about it, just in case.

My grandpa finally passed away Saturday night...so I'm flying across the country to go to the funeral and be with my family. I'm going by myself...and while I'm not glad for the reason, it will be wonderful to see my family and get a little break. :) (Haven't seen them since Christmas.)

Hope you're all well!

Waiting4Daisy
October 14th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Deleted.

Waiting4Daisy
October 14th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Deleted.

meeks32
October 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Rainbow i'm sorry about your grandpa, I know sometimes at the end if its dragged on it can almost feel like a relief that they aren't suffering anymore. I hope the funeral went as well as possible for that sort of thing, and at the very least was a good excuse for all the family to get together.

I 'liked' your comment in response to the weight stuff. Basically exactly the same as me. I weighed 8-10 pounds less than I did when I conceived ds1 and 2, so despite gaining more, by 22 weeks than in previous pregnancies, I look the same. Just hoping the weight gain slows down once my body realises i'm no longer starving it!!! Surely 22 weeks of eating healthy is enough to ram that theory home?

During LE I used sugar to bulk out calories, because my le meals often left me short of the lower goal total, so once i filled my salt/fat/protein limits, I made up the rest in empty calories... i.e. SUGAR. This left me with quite the sweet tooth, because before LE I never even liked sugary things, I would always choose cheese or dip or something savoury for a treat over something sweet. But now, my gosh have I ever changed, now I want sugar all the time and have had to focus on cutting down slowly over the pregnancy and trying to get back to a more healthy balance. I have been trying to replace the sugar cravings with fruit, so when I want something sweet I feel like i'm having it, just not quite as hard to process for my body as something artificial. I've also been focussing on upping nutrients without too much saturated fat, so have been eating lots of avocado, adding coconut oil, flax seed, almond meal and cinnamon to my oats in the morning, and replacing a few cups of tea with peppermint tea. I'm hoping these things will keep my nutrients high while stopping me from gaining so rapidly, and i'm defiantly not overeating, because I tracked my calories just for fun the other day, I only ate 1800! WTF? How is it possible to gain so rapidly, only eating that much? I asked my naturopath when I was having acupuncture (my back has gone, majorly, I'm a bloody cripple so finally decided to be proactive and ask for help) and he thinks i'm storing fluid. Great. Nothing I can do there other than drink lots of water and keep moving.

How is everyone else?

Tree
October 15th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Meeks you make me feel bad, actually I felt bad already... I've been so unhealthy this pregnancy, not that I've been eating loads but quite a bit of chocolate. Honestly I don't feel like I can get through the day without it. I'm so utterly exhausted with the boys that I find I often forget to eat, then suddenly feel sick as a result, don't have time to make something healthy so grab a chocolate bar, which I barely manage to chew!!
Aside from that I'm a serious carb junkie. I don't actually feel I've put on as much weight at this stage as I had with DS2. But probably more than DS1... I tend to pile on big time at the end of pregnancy though. And I've got a fair amount of blubber around my tummy and hips! :-(

Soar
October 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Rainbow-so sorry to hear about you Grandpa. It's always hard even when you know the end is near. Hope having some family time was good!

Ok so here I am in the 3rd trimester! How did this happen? This pregnancy is flying by and then again it isn't! To be a mom of three sooner rather than later. Eck! So I have a quick question about nap time or even bed time for those of you with three or more. How do you get them to bed all at the same time? Right now I put DS2 to bed and my DH puts DS1 to bed. We read books and then say prayers and then they are both in bed. It takes us both 15 minutes tops and It works so perfectly!!!! NOW How does this work for my DH? Since I will more than likely be nursing the baby this is going to fall on him for at least the 1st month or so. Please give me your bedtime routines if you have one! I am a planner and I am already thinking about how this is going to work! I want this to be an easy transition for DH so he feels like he can tackle it and not feel overwhelmed bc then I will have to help more than I'd like to in that first month if it isn't easy for DH.

Thanks for the advice!!!!!

Soar
October 15th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Tree-I'm with you on the chocolate! I can't stop! I want to eat it ALL the time. Well that and cinnamon rolls! Weird! This pregnancy I have been having major sweet tooth cravings. Hmmmm maybe that's why I am gaining weight so rapidly! No.....it's because of the LE diet! See denial !!!! :-)

Tree
October 16th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Soar I'm guessing your boys are in separate rooms then? Ours are in the same room so get stories together, not that ds2 pays much attention (he's only one)... Anyway, perhaps if they are in separate rooms they could take it in turns to go into each others room for joint story time? Or you could find a mutual place for them to have stories. On occasion we have done stories on the sofa and then into bed. Wherever you do it, if you decide this can work for you, it's lovely to all be together. Perhaps have a few trial runs before number three arrives to see if it works? And if it does you can properly get into that routine before the next baby arrives so its not another big change.
I am in the same boat of going from two to three, so I'm prob not the best person to offer advice...

My big worries are things like, how are we going to get out of the house!! :-)

Emily
October 16th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Myrainbowgirl sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope you are able to catch up with lits of family while you are away.

I feel huge too ladies. I had my routine ob app yesterday and when he measured my tummy he shook his head, looked and my notes and remeasured! I said something like "i feel enormous" and he just said I think you win the prize this month! Oh God i am his biggest patient! DH and I made the most of having a baby sitter and went to the ballet afterwards. FYI seeing twenty slim, beautiful vietnamese ballet dancers is not a good idea when 29 weeks pg!

I am not eating much in the way if junk as it is either really expensive or impossible to get out here but now weigh 2.5 kilos more than my normal weight which added to the 10kg I lost during the LE diet means i have put on 12.5 kilos in 29 weeks! That's 27.6 lbs!!!!! I am still well within the NHS normal healthy weight band for non pg women but feel like a bloater nonetheless!

I Love Ladybugs
October 16th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Add me to the big and bulky club!! I think that the lack of running, coupled with LE diet was my downfall...but I am determined to lose the weight once baby is here and getting back into my exercise groove.

Myrainbowgirl...I pray that the time with family is blessed, that you get to spend a little of that time enjoying your wee baby inside and that the journey is safe. Your grandpa will live on in your heart and if you are lucky like me, in your wee man.

Soar....I usually do all the bedtime stuff...and I find getting the bath/teeth done first urges them to race towards the couch for books, then we go up and settle in for prayers, hugs and kisses. Once in a while my hubby helps, and it does speed it up...so if you are not nursing, then your DH will have a break on those days....otherwise, he will learn the routine fast!!!!

AFM....the idea of three, the reality of three......both seem to sound good. My boys are so ready for a new baby and I know that even with all the health concerns we have for her, she is going to be what we need. I have been working hard at work, then on the shed, then housework and most nights fall into bed wiped out....can't wait for mat. leave to start....only just over a week away!

meeks32
October 16th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Meeks you make me feel bad, actually I felt bad already... I've been so unhealthy this pregnancy, not that I've been eating loads but quite a bit of chocolate. Honestly I don't feel like I can get through the day without it. I'm so utterly exhausted with the boys that I find I often forget to eat, then suddenly feel sick as a result, don't have time to make something healthy so grab a chocolate bar, which I barely manage to chew!!
Aside from that I'm a serious carb junkie. I don't actually feel I've put on as much weight at this stage as I had with DS2. But probably more than DS1... I tend to pile on big time at the end of pregnancy though. And I've got a fair amount of blubber around my tummy and hips! :-(

Oh no sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad! All I want to eat is junk but I am annoyed that even without it I am stacking it on. Maybe I should just start eating what I want and forget it since it seems inevitable anyway. I did eat a lot of crap for a month or so after bfp though. And I still have my days.

I need to find time to exercise. I have no time. Urgh.

You know what it is? I think its LE making me skinny and then now I have really bad self image (worse than before) because I know how I was and how I am now. I think it's actually a problem, as in, I am obsessing over what I'm gaining rather than just enjoying it. I would tell other women to forget it and enjoy!

meeks32
October 16th, 2013, 11:15 PM
So I have a quick question about nap time or even bed time for those of you with three or more. How do you get them to bed all at the same time? Right now I put DS2 to bed and my DH puts DS1 to bed. We read books and then say prayers and then they are both in bed. It takes us both 15 minutes tops and It works so perfectly!!!! NOW How does this work for my DH? Since I will more than likely be nursing the baby this is going to fall on him for at least the 1st month or so. Please give me your bedtime routines if you have one! I am a planner and I am already thinking about how this is going to work! I want this to be an easy transition for DH so he feels like he can tackle it and not feel overwhelmed bc then I will have to help more than I'd like to in that first month if it isn't easy for DH.

Thanks for the advice!!!!!

This is something I've been thinking about too. Your existing routine sounds exactly how we do things, so I'll be watching your keenly for advice when the time comes. The only thing I can think of is what we do now if dh or I are not home for bed time, which is take them both into ds2's room, read his 3 stories (ours have to have a number limit or we'd be there all night!) then ask ds1 to go to his room and choose his 3 stories while we put ds2 down and then read to ds1 in his room. Mine are 2 and 4 and this works for the nights when one of us is out, so maybe it will work when baby is here. I find doing it this way works because the older kid will sit through the young stories but the younger one won't sit through the old stories. So my dh is also getting lumped with the task of reading to both when baby arrives, at least for a month or two while I get some sort of routine or predicability happening.

Mathilde
October 17th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Sorry I´ve been MIA lately, busy as always at work, DS´s being great, DH being great, getting bigger fast and liking it:) I love being preggers, huge boobs, thghs and tummy, face a little pouty as well:) Looking forward to seeing this little man who has taken up such a "valuable" space in my life, still feeling sad, but leaving the feeling on tow behind me, trying not to let it catch up on me. He has been going through a period of very regular sleeping patterns, now he sleeps more, probably growing.. Right now he is kicking against my laptop, making it bump ever so little. Am glad to see everyone is progressing as we should. I´m sorry I don´t get online as often as before, I know it has all to do with the boy vs girl thing.. by stopping here it floats up in front of me.. so must speed on(does not sound very good does it? fleeing your difficulties?)
My cousin is pregnant, and I bet I know what she is having, she doesn´t know herself yet..
Hugs
Mathilde

Soar
October 17th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Mathilde-glad u stopped in its great to hear from you!!!

Ladies I just totally burned macaroni and cheese in our microwave so badly that the entire house reeks of burn smell! It's awful! Every window is open and I cleaned all the surfaces in the kitchen and microwave and it is still so strong! My DH is working from home so I asked if it was super strong and he wasn't really bothered by it! I have all fans on and am burning every pretty scented candle I can find and this smell won't leave me alone! I am such a mess this pregnancy! This has been my lifestory since I have been pregnant this time! Oh and not to mention I backed into my DH's brand new truck 2 weeks ago! Dented his tailgate so badly and took out my rear bumper and tail light! nobody was hurt the boys were not in the car with me but none the less the damage is there! Ugh.... I am an accident waiting to happen these days!

I'm off to try to find more candles!

meeks32
October 18th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Mathilde good to hear from you, I don't get online as much now either, between work, pregnancy, my two boys, dh, etc things are just busy, we all understand. Good to hear you are feeling more positive and finding a way to move forward. Nothing wrong with fleeing the feelings, "fake it until you make it"! That's what I did with ds2 I think.

Soar that's so funny about the burn smell, I can totally relate. I am smelling ds2's nappy changes long after they've been binned. Dh can't smell it, but I can't avoid it. I have been burning soy wax melts which I never do, just to cover it!

Sorry about your and dh's truck/car accident. That really sucks, and is such a pregnancy brain thing to do. I am so the same. I keep waiting for something to happen, I am seriously loosing brain cells by the day. It's scary. I keep reminding myself that dumb people don't realise they are dumb. So as long as I know I'm dumb, it can't be that bad. Lol

I have started getting super hormonal. I am super sensitive to every comment, things I would usually brush off, I stress about for days. Someone looked at me at kinder the other day, and asked how pregnant I was, I said 21 weeks (at the time) and she looked me up and down and said "WELL, somebody's been eating well then haven't they?" With a smile. As if smiling makes it ok to be a bitch. Usually I could just think "you are a bitch" and smile and walk off. But I went home, cried, stressed, and even went so far as I track my calories for the previous 3 days to see if gaining 10kg really is my fault. Of course it isn't, I was only eating 1600-1800 calories a day, but she made me so insecure I have been panicking ever since. I already had worry and doubt but now it's so much worse. LE was a bit unhealthy for me mentally I think, because now I identify with my underweight self, not my normal weight self, and anything over that thin me, = fat.

That's just one example, but my hormones are clearly making me neurotic. I have also lost my temper at the kids more often and found myself yelling at them when I hardly ever do. I am trying to control it but struggling. Of course this gives me guilt, then I spiral into a "why am I having 3 when I can't handle 2" guilt trip. Followed by "I'm a bad mum". Sigh

Waiting4Daisy
October 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Deleted.

Emily
October 19th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Oh meeks I wish i was brave enough to send you a photo of my 29 week bulge you would breathe a sigh of relief thinking at least I am not as bad as her! Hormones are crappy things - i nearly burst into tears because a friend dashed off after DS2s gym class rather than waiting and sharing a taxi home. pathetic ;)

On a positive note i think we have found somewhere to stay when we go back to England. It is near family rather than being on top of them and not too badly priced.

black&gold
October 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hugs Meeks. Admittedly I couldn't hack the or diet but I am naturally petite and I have really packed the weight on this pregnancy. Usually I'm all bump and bum but this time I've got massive wobbly legs, hips, and squishy love handles. Oh so depressing but it doesn't stop me eating everything in sight and I've put on 20 pounds at 23 weeks preggo!

Soar sorry to hear about the damage to DH's van. These things happen, it doesn't matter in the long run.

Mathilde so lovely to see you and glad you are feeling better. I'm feeling very down myself and I'm not sure Team Green is helping as there is an uncertainty. I find myself fantasising about having a girl then forcing myself back to reality, where I have about as much chance as giving birth to an ostrich (and my hubby is not a bird!!!).

Found myself so emotional this pregnancy and think I have pregnancy induced (or enhanced) anxiety. Hope it eases off soon!

I hear you. I've had to go to the doctor 3 weeks in a row because my BP has been high due to extreme anxiety/stress. I can literally feel it moving through my veins! I'll wake up with a butterfly sick feeling in my stomach and have no idea why and just be anxious all day. It's honestly the weirdest thing ever and I've never been like this before!

I also totally get how you feel with being team green. I'm happy we stayed that way but I also just want to know. I checked out your nub and honestly have no clue.. not great at knowing whether it's actually a nub your seeing or not. What made you think both genders at the 20 week ultrasound?

black&gold
October 19th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Had my 32 week scan to check on the low lying placenta yesterday and it's moved enough out of the way so I won't need a C-section (at least for that reason!) It was really cute and the ultrasound tech was great. She showed us the baby moving it's mouth and practising "breathing" so you could see it's tummy going up and down. I am still SO at a loss for what the gender is. The tech said "She" and "her" in the same sentence and both DH and I heard her. I think she realized she said something because she was quite quiet after when she's been very chatty before. I'm sure it was just a slip though because I don't even know if she would have seen a glimpse yet. Of course DH and I can't stop talking about it and we're trying to remember if it was before or after she was looking at the femur - which I also was watching for and didn't see anything so it was likely just an innocent slip - but way to get us all confused! She told us to look away as she was going to check out the goods and that was so hard not to look! I could have sworn after that I heard her say "he's" but she had a very think accent and my hubby was on high alert and said all he ever heard her say was "it's" and no "he" so who knows. GAH, Only 8 weeks to go max until we'll know I guess!

Oh and I am so packing on the pounds this pregnancy compared to normal. I've never gained more than 25lbs with both boys and this time I'm at 25lbs at 32 weeks... so still more weight left to come on!!

Waiting4Daisy
October 19th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Deleted.

myrainbowgirl
October 19th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Hi ladies,
Thanks for all the condolences. It was a good time with my family, and I am so glad I was able to go.

Mathilde - Glad to hear that you are enjoying being preggo, and feeling somewhat at peace about DS3! Completely understand your sadness, though.

Waiting4Daisy & black&gold - I think you're both very much in the game for a girl, I think if I were in your shoes, I would be thinking girl all the way! So exciting!

Everyone else - Sounds like everyone's doing pretty well, except for the pounds creeping up on all of us!

I understand the emotional stuff, too. I definitely have struggled emotionally this time...I'm sure partially because of hormones, but definitely know it's more the anxiety over gender (before and after finding out) that has done me in. Trying to live in the moment and be happy with what God's given me...I am absolutely sure that once he's here, I will be in a much better place & so happy that God blessed us with him!

For the most part, I didn't hear any negative comments while I was on my trip...so happy about that! And really so far, only one truly negative comment...praying it stays that way. I know I need to just let it go even if I do hear it, but it's tough. Why oh WHY do I let other people's opinions matter?? Ugh. Working on it!

Baby boy is still pretty quiet...but overall feeling more movement, so not worried. Can't believe I'm 21.5 weeks already...time has been absolutely flying this pregnancy! We'll be holding our babies before we know it!

Waiting4Daisy
October 19th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Deleted.

black&gold
October 20th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Black n gold sometimes I think it would be better just to know but I think over all it's better to wait. At the 20 week ultrasound, the tech told us to look away but she said oh look straight ahead so my hubby looked straight at the screen while she was measuring the thigh bone and he later said he *thought* he might have seen scrotum although he didn't see a willy! I then made him look at countless boy and girl potty shots so he now doesn't know if he saw scrotum or labia. Or cord! But she told us we were safe to look and it was a legs close together potty shot but there was def nothing at all sticking out, maybe legs were too close together to see.

Then she asked what we had already and I said three boys. I said I wanted girl but hubby was wanting a boy or didn't care and he said yeah I don't care or mind. And she said oh I think if you got a wee girl you'd be very smitten. And that was it! So I dunno what to think! I wonder if the she was her giving the game away to you? How exciting! Can't wait until Feb and we find out!

Ahhh, it's so frustrating if the husbands see anything because they seriously have no idea what their looking for and at least with mine, anytime I try and replay a situation or whatever he starts to forget so it just makes everything so unknown! I guess you can count what he saw as nothing and assume 50/50 again because it could have been either from the pics he saw. And that's very interesting what the tech said.. maybe it is a little girl! We also saw all the shots when they were measuring the thighs at both 20 weeks and 32 week and I was surprised they didn't say to look away. I feel like with my other boys the penis was in almost every shot lol! But maybe the tech is just strategically doing it so things can't be seen.. oh who knows! Gahhh.. dying to know.

Waiting4Daisy
October 20th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Deleted.

Soar
October 21st, 2013, 03:28 PM
Here's my 2 cents which isn't much! :-)

When we went for our gender scan at 20 weeks we asked they put it in an envelope bc we wanted to find out at home. Anyway after she let us look at the baby she told us to turn away so she could get the gender. Afterwards she was making all these references to her own family make up and how she had 2 boys then a girl. He daughter had 3 boys then a girl. But in that moment I wasn't really listening to her clues bc I just knew it was a boy. Anyway we found out it was indeed a girl. I think I heard what I thought already knew as far as what she was hinting at and then I excused all the rest or I just flat out didnt pay attention. So maybe the tech did drop some
Good clues but you just didn't catch on. That anatomy scan is so stressful anyway with making sure the baby is healthy and then seeing all the fingers and toes and then the gender section!

Hoping you both have a little girl baking away in there! Not much more time now before they get here!

Have a good week!

Soar
October 29th, 2013, 04:01 PM
It's really become quiet in here....hope everyone is doing well!

I failed my 1 hour glucose test so now I have to do the 3 hour test where they draw your blood every 3 hours after you drink the glucose drink. I have never failed this test before so of course I am worried. Has anyone had gestational diabetes and can give me some encouragement? My 3 hour test is Thursday morning!

Tree
October 30th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Can't be any help Soar but good luck! If there is a 3 hour test following the 1 hour test then presumably the 1 hour test is in no way conclusive. Try not to worry! Good Luck!

Huds
October 30th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Hi ladies i haven't been on for a while. Just thought id pop in and see how everyone was?! I hope your all growing nicely. Not long until we start hearing about birthstories :bluecheer:

meeks32
October 31st, 2013, 06:31 AM
It's really become quiet in here....hope everyone is doing well!

I failed my 1 hour glucose test so now I have to do the 3 hour test where they draw your blood every 3 hours after you drink the glucose drink. I have never failed this test before so of course I am worried. Has anyone had gestational diabetes and can give me some encouragement? My 3 hour test is Thursday morning!

I failed (just) with ds2. It turned out because I had fruit on my oatmeal in the morning that threw the test. They told me no to fast and to eat normally but when I asked afterwards why I may have failed, they asked if I had fruit, juice or honey before it. I passed the 3hr one no problem! Good luck

I Love Ladybugs
October 31st, 2013, 10:14 AM
Good luck today Soar on your 3 hour GT....hope that you pass with flying colours!!!

It is quiet all around.....wishing all of you a "spooky" day!!!!

Soar
October 31st, 2013, 11:38 AM
Hi ladies....sitting in the office waiting for my 3rd draw! I only kept the glucose drink down for 1 hour. When they drew the second time I new it was bad news and ran to the trash can! I'm so embarrassed! It was in front of every nurse in the office! Ugh I've got 2 more draws! I can do it.....I think!

I Love Ladybugs
October 31st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Hi ladies....sitting in the office waiting for my 3rd draw! I only kept the glucose drink down for 1 hour. When they drew the second time I new it was bad news and ran to the trash can! I'm so embarrassed! It was in front of every nurse in the office! Ugh I've got 2 more draws! I can do it.....I think!

I am sure they have seen that before!!! Way to go on getting through the first draw....and best of luck with the next two!

Waiting4Daisy
October 31st, 2013, 12:50 PM
Deleted.

black&gold
November 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
They don't even do the glucose test here! Gutted for you bring sick. That sucks. I have issues with low blood sugar anyway but it's a real bugger in pregnancy, keep getting the crazy shakes and need to gorge on an emergency chocolate bar.

Hope everyone else is well! Team green messes with your mind! I've had so many weird gender dreams going both ways lol

I hear you! The dreams, the thoughts, the comments! It's all so annoying because it keeps messing with my head. I also have low blood sugar and it's been making me so sick lately. If I don't eat protein the night before, or in the morning I'm so sick all morning - not throwing up.. just shaky and really faint feeling.

This pregnancy is really annoying! I've had to take off my wedding bands because my finger is randomly allergic now? It's all crazy red and itchy. I've never had this before and I'm assuming it has to be hormone related. Really hoping it ends when this baby comes because I love my rings... I also have this black floater in my eye that I've had since I first took my pregnancy test and it's SO annoying!! Again, never experienced this before. I can't believe how different each one of my pregnancies can be from the other.. you'd assume after 3 babies at least 2 would be similar??!?!!?

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm going on 35 weeks and so ready to be done. I feel huge and like there is no more room left!!!!

Soar
November 1st, 2013, 04:12 PM
Update....I have gestational diabetes. Nervous and worried because I don't know anything about it other than you don't want to get it. I will be meeting with the peri and nutritionist next week (still haven't gotten the appt) although I am calling every couple hours to see if someone will answer the phone. Anyhow I am totally at a loss on this subject other than I'm not allowed sugar. I have looked online, worst mistake ever, so now I have conflicting info. One says don't eat cheese another says you can have dairy. One says don't eat breads another says eat carbs with protein. Oh man.....please hurry up and call me with an appt people this lady is going crazy! I just posted a thread on here hoping someone can give me some quick pointers as to what to eat that's safe until I get to the nutritionist. Of course I know this is going to be ok and once I know how to control it things will be much better but until then I get to worry.

Any prayers for peace would be great! Thanks ladies!

I Love Ladybugs
November 1st, 2013, 04:34 PM
Update....I have gestational diabetes. Nervous and worried because I don't know anything about it other than you don't want to get it. I will be meeting with the peri and nutritionist next week (still haven't gotten the appt) although I am calling every couple hours to see if someone will answer the phone. Anyhow I am totally at a loss on this subject other than I'm not allowed sugar. I have looked online, worst mistake ever, so now I have conflicting info. One says don't eat cheese another says you can have dairy. One says don't eat breads another says eat carbs with protein. Oh man.....please hurry up and call me with an appt people this lady is going crazy! I just posted a thread on here hoping someone can give me some quick pointers as to what to eat that's safe until I get to the nutritionist. Of course I know this is going to be ok and once I know how to control it things will be much better but until then I get to worry.

I might not be able to offer much right now in the terms of the GD (gestational diabetes) side of it, but I will keep you in my prayers. Let me look for the link a friend of a friend had regarding the GD diet over on FB.

meeks32
November 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM
I hear you! The dreams, the thoughts, the comments! It's all so annoying because it keeps messing with my head. I also have low blood sugar and it's been making me so sick lately. If I don't eat protein the night before, or in the morning I'm so sick all morning - not throwing up.. just shaky and really faint feeling.

This pregnancy is really annoying! I've had to take off my wedding bands because my finger is randomly allergic now? It's all crazy red and itchy. I've never had this before and I'm assuming it has to be hormone related. Really hoping it ends when this baby comes because I love my rings... I also have this black floater in my eye that I've had since I first took my pregnancy test and it's SO annoying!! Again, never experienced this before. I can't believe how different each one of my pregnancies can be from the other.. you'd assume after 3 babies at least 2 would be similar??!?!!?

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm going on 35 weeks and so ready to be done. I feel huge and like there is no more room left!!!!

That allergic ring finger (and earrings too) happens to me in pregnancy, all 3 times so far!!! It happens sometimes outside of pregnancy too but is far worse in pregnancy. I have found out what it is for me... LOW IRON! No idea how anyone would find that out since there isn't much info around on it but when I was put on iron tablets while not pregnant, due to low iron, my metal allergies cleared up after a short time. I thought this was a fluke so I stopped the iron, and sure enough back came the allergic red itchy rash. Started it again, and after about a week it was gone. In pregnancy you loose far more iron than usual to baby, so I find I still have to take the iron supplement i'm supposed to take, PLUS the prenatal multivitamin. If I do this, my rash stays away!!!

meeks32
November 2nd, 2013, 01:03 AM

Oh, so sorry hon, but please don't question yourself over what you could have done, I've known a few mums with excellent diets, and no family history end up with Gestational Diabetes in their 3rd and 4th pregnancies, and there wasn't much I believe they could have done about it. Of course doing the diet the professionals put you on is going to help but don't stress yourself like we all did on LE. Just think of it as any changes are going to help, but you are absolutely still allowed a cheat here and there. Find some cheat like foods that are ok on the diet too.

I have a deep worry I will have it this time too. I can't place why.

Please let us know what the nutritionalist has to say, I'm interested.

Ps both my friends that had it, delivered at 37 and 38 weeks totally healthy babies and no complications or interventions.

Waiting4Daisy
November 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Deleted.

black&gold
November 2nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
That allergic ring finger (and earrings too) happens to me in pregnancy, all 3 times so far!!! It happens sometimes outside of pregnancy too but is far worse in pregnancy. I have found out what it is for me... LOW IRON! No idea how anyone would find that out since there isn't much info around on it but when I was put on iron tablets while not pregnant, due to low iron, my metal allergies cleared up after a short time. I thought this was a fluke so I stopped the iron, and sure enough back came the allergic red itchy rash. Started it again, and after about a week it was gone. In pregnancy you loose far more iron than usual to baby, so I find I still have to take the iron supplement i'm supposed to take, PLUS the prenatal multivitamin. If I do this, my rash stays away!!!

Very interesting! I actually got really sick over a year ago every time around my period. I'd literally be sick in bed so dizzy for 2 weeks straight, my dh had to take of work and no one could figure out what was wrong - after a CT the neurologist was like.. try iron, yours isn't reading super low, but it's on the low end. Sure enough I had to pump myself with iron from then on.. and take double the week or two leading up to my period. I've had quite a few bad spells especially in the second and third trimester this pregnancy and was put back on more iron. I've never had iron issues before so it's so weird how low my body is on it now. VERY good to know though because the timeline actually make a lot of sense!!! Thank you!!!!

black&gold
November 2nd, 2013, 08:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis! I also haven't had experience with this but know a few people who have and everyone had healthy babies. I think it's pretty straight forward once you meet with the nutritionist, but still.. definitely an annoying this to have to worry about! Thinking of you!

I Love Ladybugs
November 2nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Soar... I did post over on your other thread....lol, I am not much help! You are going to do just fine and your sweet baby is going to be perfect!!! I thought after doing LE and being a slacker (that is what the gimped up knee, not running version of me is feeling like) that I would have GD. Fortunately with all that is going on, it did not find me.

Meeks.....wild thing about the iron. I am going to mention that to my sister and SIL....I think that is interesting for sure. How are you feeling otherwise? How are you boys doing? You are heading into summer....any fun plans???

Black and gold/Waiting for Daisy.....I so admire you both for being team green! It is only a matter of a few more weeks/months and you will be holding your newest!!!!!

AFM....we have the family renal scans early on Monday, I am scheduled again in Vancouver on the 12-14 for another follow-up for baby. There is some concern about the good kidney, so they want me down there to evaluate if it is validated and to solidify the game plan post baby arrival. My MD has been such a source of support for a VBAC or at least a local delivery...the specialist have been pushing for C-section either in the nearer larger city or Vancouver....away from any family and support. Otherwise, I am doing good....just enjoying mat leave and 2 cute boys!!!!

myrainbowgirl
November 3rd, 2013, 12:34 AM
Soar - So sorry for your diagnosis! You will be fine if you follow your nutritionist's advice...my sis-in-law had GD with both her girls, and there were absolutely no complications. And I don't think she was super strict on her diet, either. You'll be in my prayers!

Team green ladies - Again, I admire you both for staying team green. Not much longer to go!

Allergies - I had a weird allergy while pg with DS3...it was to my moisturizer that had never been a problem before. Under my eyes got so puffy and red...I looked terrible. So weird! It took me a while to figure it what it was and a trip to the dermatologist to get it all straightened out. Pregnancy does the weirdest things to our bodies!

AFM - Nothing new to report here...plugging along. Crazy to think I'm probably only 15ish weeks away from baby! And most of you are ahead of me. Anyway, hope you're all well!

Soar
November 3rd, 2013, 12:49 AM
Thank you ladies for all the encouragement! My type A
Personality wants to do everything right and having to wait goes against my grain! Today was the shower and I did so well....just ate carrots and broccoli and some cheese! I consider that a win! I'll let you all know when the peri calls and the nutritionist!

Allergies-I haven't had bad skin allergies.....yet!

Team green ladies....you rock!

We gain an hour tonight for daylight savings and I have never been so excited to go to sleep! Hopefully the boys will sleep in even if its just 10 minutes!

meeks32
November 4th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Soar... I did post over on your other thread....lol, I am not much help! You are going to do just fine and your sweet baby is going to be perfect!!! I thought after doing LE and being a slacker (that is what the gimped up knee, not running version of me is feeling like) that I would have GD. Fortunately with all that is going on, it did not find me.

Meeks.....wild thing about the iron. I am going to mention that to my sister and SIL....I think that is interesting for sure. How are you feeling otherwise? How are you boys doing? You are heading into summer....any fun plans???

Black and gold/Waiting for Daisy.....I so admire you both for being team green! It is only a matter of a few more weeks/months and you will be holding your newest!!!!!

AFM....we have the family renal scans early on Monday, I am scheduled again in Vancouver on the 12-14 for another follow-up for baby. There is some concern about the good kidney, so they want me down there to evaluate if it is validated and to solidify the game plan post baby arrival. My MD has been such a source of support for a VBAC or at least a local delivery...the specialist have been pushing for C-section either in the nearer larger city or Vancouver....away from any family and support. Otherwise, I am doing good....just enjoying mat leave and 2 cute boys!!!!

Hi hon,
I look forward to hearing more detail about the game plan for you and baby after your next appointment. I completely understand the drive and lust for a VBAC (I want one desperately too but simply physically can't) but remember that both ways have benefits, and these days caesarians can be far safer for a high risk baby or delivery, especially if it happens prematurely. That's not to discredit VBAC at all but just to make you feel better if it ends up that they insist on a caesarian for you, it's because they can be sure baby can be whisked away for surgery or help if needs be, immediately, without having to go through birth. Ask if they are worried how baby will handle a natural birth. Ask why exactly they are pushing for caesarian. Just so you understand and can judge if its worth putting up a fight for that dream vbac or if its safer to go with what the doctors want. I think you will feel better with more info anyway. I know I do! Wishing baby all the luck in the world with those kidney issues. FYI my grandma caught some disease during the war that meant she ended up with only 1/2 a functioning kidney. She lived like that for 30 years until passing away of an unrelated issue at 92! She even had three babies with only 1/4 the normal kidney function. So although it is serious, it's also possible to get through quite a lot before needing help with kidney things. I hope that reassures you somewhat.

AFM I have been feeling really really well this pregnancy. Had no ms at all, and with the boys I had it TERRIBLY, with ds2 I was sick until the day I delivered. So That was a lovely surprise from my girl bub! I have felt great this pregnancy, but put on loads of weight. Way more than I did with the boys. Maybe because I wasn't sick. My back has gone, I have PGP (unstable pelvis) so that's giving me hell, but am getting treatment for it which has kept it from crippling me like last time, so early intervention is better than ignoring things and hoping they go away, I can tell everyone that from experience!! haha

We are heading into summer, i'm 25 weeks, so 13 to go until the caesarian (4th feb) and I am DREADING summer. On one hand it will be better and easier to entertain the boys and wear them out outside, on the other, I will be as big as a whale, hot as the sun, and no doubt SUPER bloated with fluid all summer. Joy. I am taking it as a win though, because when I get up to breastfeed, it will be warm, not cold. I had two winter babes and getting out of bed 2-3 times a night for 1-2hrs a time, was torture when the house was freezing! So summer may be a pain for pregnancy but i'm banking on it helping for feeding.

meeks32
November 4th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Thank you ladies for all the encouragement! My type A
Personality wants to do everything right and having to wait goes against my grain! Today was the shower and I did so well....just ate carrots and broccoli and some cheese! I consider that a win! I'll let you all know when the peri calls and the nutritionist!

Allergies-I haven't had bad skin allergies.....yet!

Team green ladies....you rock!

We gain an hour tonight for daylight savings and I have never been so excited to go to sleep! Hopefully the boys will sleep in even if its just 10 minutes!

All I know about the diet with GD is "eat as little sugar as possible" and you can bet making healthy choices is always going to help, so I think what you ate at the shower sounds perfect. DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF though, it's not about eating less, just more healthy. Not that you ate unhealthy before, because I bet you didn't, but you know what I mean.

I have my glucose test in 1.5 weeks, and am already cutting down sugar because i'd scared of a false positive like last time. I will be following you closely, I am really worried about GD because i've gained so much weight inexplicably, and had that first positive glucose screen with ds2, so it's clearly possible that I may get it, despite having no history.

Good luck!

Soar
November 4th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Meeks-I think you will be totally fine! Don't worry! A friend of mine gave me her GD info so I have something to go by until my appt so I am keeping baby safe and sound! Or at least trying to! This diet is so bizarre, you have to eat protein at every single meal and snack so that's been a little interesting and I have to eat 6 times a day! Eck that's a lot of protein!

Ladybug-Keep us updated on what they say about everything. I don't know if you remember me talking about my friend who had b/g twins and the little boy had only 1 kidney that was working at like 25% when born. Well now he is 5
Months and cute as a button and meeting all his milestones and he's thriving and doing excellent! And they didn't know anything about his kidneys or lack there of until after his birth. So you and your dr are definitely ahead of the curve! That's excellent!

AFM-I have my appt with the high risk dr on Thursday at 12:30. They said the appt should last 2 hours or so. I will attend a class on eating properly will have a scan and will meet with the nutritionist for diet and have a consult with the perinatal doctor in all of that time! We will be very busy! I am excited to get a game plan in action. I will know all things GD when I come out of this appt!

I Love Ladybugs
November 5th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Meeks....I want to respond yesterday, but my brain and body was so tired yesterday, that you would have wondered what I was saying!

We did have all our renal scans and it appears that this baby is the only one of us to have a unilateral duplex collecting system....meaning most likely a lightening strike as opposed to a genetic condition. The boys and my hubby had nothing wrong at all show up on their scans....but I do have a benign tumor (hemangioma within the liver) and "hydro of pregnancy" on my right kidney....nothing really to be worried about.

Now back to the whole VBAC/c-section deal....

I have absolutely no issues with a repeated section if there is merit for it...if baby is at all at risk, then I will be going down that road. However, this specialist has no current info that would indicate this...and is on a power trip. She was put on the case to fill in for the first specialist and I believe stayed on just to be awful!!! Lol, maybe I should not feel this way, but she belittled rural hospitals and physicans for 5 mins of my specialist visit with her, failed to address my concerns about the baby and cannot provide a solid rationale as why the baby cannot be delivered within my hometown. We just had snow last night....roads are going to be of more concern to me and the safety of even driving in close to labour and being stuck behind an accident than a "rural hospital only staffed by family MDs".

I had a straight forward L&D with DS1, and with DS2 was dilated to 10 cms when he presented by being footling breech...and opted for the section due to the fact of it being the safest for him. I am ok with a repeat section if there is evidence that she needs it. All I want at the end of the day is a happy, healthy baby!!!!

meeks32
November 7th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Meeks....I want to respond yesterday, but my brain and body was so tired yesterday, that you would have wondered what I was saying!

We did have all our renal scans and it appears that this baby is the only one of us to have a unilateral duplex collecting system....meaning most likely a lightening strike as opposed to a genetic condition. The boys and my hubby had nothing wrong at all show up on their scans....but I do have a benign tumor (hemangioma within the liver) and "hydro of pregnancy" on my right kidney....nothing really to be worried about.

Now back to the whole VBAC/c-section deal....

I have absolutely no issues with a repeated section if there is merit for it...if baby is at all at risk, then I will be going down that road. However, this specialist has no current info that would indicate this...and is on a power trip. She was put on the case to fill in for the first specialist and I believe stayed on just to be awful!!! Lol, maybe I should not feel this way, but she belittled rural hospitals and physicans for 5 mins of my specialist visit with her, failed to address my concerns about the baby and cannot provide a solid rationale as why the baby cannot be delivered within my hometown. We just had snow last night....roads are going to be of more concern to me and the safety of even driving in close to labour and being stuck behind an accident than a "rural hospital only staffed by family MDs".

I had a straight forward L&D with DS1, and with DS2 was dilated to 10 cms when he presented by being footling breech...and opted for the section due to the fact of it being the safest for him. I am ok with a repeat section if there is evidence that she needs it. All I want at the end of the day is a happy, healthy baby!!!!

Hon, so sorry that specialist is on such a power trip, that really sounds frustrating. Can you get a second opinion or ask to transfer to someone else? What happens if you deliver locally and naturally (which is clearly the preferable option) but have a complication? Can your closer local hospital take you in for a Caesarian last minute if baby doesn't handle labour or there is something unexpected? Or could they airlift you if needs be? The only way the local option sounds unsafe to me is if they aren't equipped for surgery if something changed during labour... But I don't know the details.

What does "unilateral duplex collecting system" mean for baby? For labour? For after birth?

Thinking of you.
X

I Love Ladybugs
November 7th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Meeks....so the condition for my baby has more to do with what will happen long term as opposed to the L&D portion of her life, even the hours afterward. Our local hospital does have more than one MD capable of performing an emerg. Csection, but the option that Vancouver has is that it would be too late. I know that my MD is going to be by my side here...she has been through each one (relatively quick labours) and can do the section should need be. Unless Vancouver plans on surgery right after the baby's arrival or we see the pediatric nephralogist, the larger city center 1 hour away is the place where they would like to see me.

My hubby and I talked at length last night about what could go down....I am being prepared for a stay in PG (the larger city near to us) after 38 weeks, but hoping that she shows at 37w6d here!!!!! They could airlift....there is no doubt on that, but for obvious cost reasons the medical system would like to prevent that...I say if you want to fly me to Vancouver I am all over that...I just don't want to drive on the roads in winter conditions!!!

Even writing this to you Meeks, makes me want to fight harder for a chance for a delivery in my own home town. I am given the option of calling my MD when I am down there and/or asking for a second opinion of another specialist there. As for getting the initial specialist back on the case.... I just don't know.

Thanks for letting me post this... I needed to get it out of my mind, so that I can enjoy what is left of this pregnancy. My DS2 woke up last night saying "Mommy, baby like me" "Mommy, baby loves to kick my hand"...and a few nights before that was very distraught that "baby not out of mommy's pummy". Both of my boys are wanting to be there when the baby is out....and it would be so less complicated if they could visit locally.

Soar
November 7th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Ladybug- It sounds like you have really thought this through! An educated mom is the best mom in my opinion. This way you know what you are preparing for....although sometimes there's unexpected curve balls here and there! Stay strong and listen to your gut and as always listen to your doctor that wants to work with you not against you. That way everybody is happy!

Went to the specialist today for my gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. They did a biophysical profile and a non stress test which all came back great. Then I saw the nutritionist who gave me some good pointers and then the peri came in. We were there 3.5 hours and we were busy the entire time. Pretty much I need to count carbs 30 for breakfast, 15 for snack, 45 for lunch, 15 for snack 45 for dinner and 15 for bed time snack. I can already tell I am going to be eating a ton of whole wheat crackers and peanut butter. Those are easy and will most likely always be in my bag. I learned how to check my sugar levels and I was very nervous to stick myself on the side of a finger but I did it and it was fine! The nutritionist was super knowledgable and that helped a ton. Now I have to go to the peri twice a week for a biophysical profile and then I have to also visit my OB. So right now I am going to be at the dr 3 times a week. We are going to be busy bees around here. Only 8 more weeks to go! I can do anything for 8 weeks! As long as she is ok then I am willing to sacrific my sanity for a while! It's time for me to go eat some more crackers! Eating 6 times a day is kind of a full time job!

Meeks how are you feeling?
Ladybug-how are you feeling?

I Love Ladybugs
November 8th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Soar....it sounds like you have a good game plan in place...and 8 weeks is only 8 weeks!! That is how I think over here too....anything is bearable for a season. You are going to be busier that I am at the MD's...lol, I thought that I would trump someone here for appts!!!!!

Daylight savings time is messing me up here...I am so tired all the time...which I could blame on pregnancy too!!!

meeks32
November 8th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Ladybug- It sounds like you have really thought this through! An educated mom is the best mom in my opinion. This way you know what you are preparing for....although sometimes there's unexpected curve balls here and there! Stay strong and listen to your gut and as always listen to your doctor that wants to work with you not against you. That way everybody is happy!

Went to the specialist today for my gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. They did a biophysical profile and a non stress test which all came back great. Then I saw the nutritionist who gave me some good pointers and then the peri came in. We were there 3.5 hours and we were busy the entire time. Pretty much I need to count carbs 30 for breakfast, 15 for snack, 45 for lunch, 15 for snack 45 for dinner and 15 for bed time snack. I can already tell I am going to be eating a ton of whole wheat crackers and peanut butter. Those are easy and will most likely always be in my bag. I learned how to check my sugar levels and I was very nervous to stick myself on the side of a finger but I did it and it was fine! The nutritionist was super knowledgable and that helped a ton. Now I have to go to the peri twice a week for a biophysical profile and then I have to also visit my OB. So right now I am going to be at the dr 3 times a week. We are going to be busy bees around here. Only 8 more weeks to go! I can do anything for 8 weeks! As long as she is ok then I am willing to sacrific my sanity for a while! It's time for me to go eat some more crackers! Eating 6 times a day is kind of a full time job!

Meeks how are you feeling?
Ladybug-how are you feeling?

Oh my gosh I dont know what I'll do if that happens to me, I didnt realise there was so many visits to the dr involved! My ob is 1.5hrs drive each way, from my house, because I live in a small town!! We have a local gp but he's absolutely terrible.

So lots of carbs then, the bonus being you will feel nice and full and not probably crave sugar as much anyway. I think you will have lots of energy, they say carbs are very good for you despite what some crazy fad diets suggest, because they break down the easiest to energy for the body to use, as opposed to fat or sugar.

I agree 8 weeks isnt much at all, I really hope things go smoothly for you after delivery and all this fuss and business is the only challenge that you have to do, you certainly deserve an easy go afterwards with all this running around now!

meeks32
November 8th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Meeks....so the condition for my baby has more to do with what will happen long term as opposed to the L&D portion of her life, even the hours afterward. Our local hospital does have more than one MD capable of performing an emerg. Csection, but the option that Vancouver has is that it would be too late. I know that my MD is going to be by my side here...she has been through each one (relatively quick labours) and can do the section should need be. Unless Vancouver plans on surgery right after the baby's arrival or we see the pediatric nephralogist, the larger city center 1 hour away is the place where they would like to see me.

My hubby and I talked at length last night about what could go down....I am being prepared for a stay in PG (the larger city near to us) after 38 weeks, but hoping that she shows at 37w6d here!!!!! They could airlift....there is no doubt on that, but for obvious cost reasons the medical system would like to prevent that...I say if you want to fly me to Vancouver I am all over that...I just don't want to drive on the roads in winter conditions!!!

Even writing this to you Meeks, makes me want to fight harder for a chance for a delivery in my own home town. I am given the option of calling my MD when I am down there and/or asking for a second opinion of another specialist there. As for getting the initial specialist back on the case.... I just don't know.

Thanks for letting me post this... I needed to get it out of my mind, so that I can enjoy what is left of this pregnancy. My DS2 woke up last night saying "Mommy, baby like me" "Mommy, baby loves to kick my hand"...and a few nights before that was very distraught that "baby not out of mommy's pummy". Both of my boys are wanting to be there when the baby is out....and it would be so less complicated if they could visit locally.

That's so hard not quite knowing what will happen, especially when you have children that you are trying to prepare for it, as well as the bubby that is on the way. I agree with what someone else said, you trust your mum instincts and the doctor that wants to work with you. You may find when you get there you change your mind about something or maybe you wont, so ask lots of questions because that isnt you being annoying, it's you being educated and prepared. I know some doctors make us feel like we are bothering them with our questions, but if you dont understand something, or dont agree, there is nothing wrong with asking more questions because its your body and your baby and you care more than any doctor ever could. How many weeks to go do you think? Are they inducing you at 38 weeks if nothing happens?

Waiting4Daisy
November 9th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Deleted.

I Love Ladybugs
November 9th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I think that the u/s next week is going to determine where I give birth...if things remain unchanged then my hometown is on the docket, if there is a small range of concerns, I will be shipped to the near city. Basically, I will be hiding out at someones house just waiting for my body to go into labour on its own, unless I choose an elective section. The deal with that is I would not opt for a section unless I know that she is in distress as their hospital has a higher level of staph infections. I also don't know where I would be staying while waiting...my friends who live closer to the hospital have poor parking options, and if I am dependent on others to drive, they work or live further away. Lol, I am closer to medical care in my hometown!

On a great note, my hubby surprised me with an infant car seat that is perfect! I was stressing over this as he kept on saying...just use the old expired one...and I kept on arguing that Vancouver that would not fly, neither would getting out of the hospital work either with the old one.

Waiting for Daisy.....I feel for you! It is my left hip that has empathy for your right one....lol, I never had this pain with the boys.....and know I understand some of the pregnancy aches that others have had. I hope that the belt works for you.....good luck!!!!

Soar, how was tracking yesterday???? How are you feeling now that you are equipped with the info???

Meeks....how is work going?? How are your boys adjusting to the schedule change????

Wishing everyone an awesome weekend!!!

Waiting4Daisy
November 9th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Deleted.

Dreamofpink
November 9th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Ladybugs I pm'd you. :hugs:

Soar, hope you get the advice & support you need. I have no experience with GD but wish you the best.

Waiting4Daisy, I sympathise totally. The belt is amazing though. I needed one the whole pg with ds2 but thankfully not this time round. I really hope you get the relief you need. The bed sounds brilliant! What a fab dh!

Ladies can anyone help me out? For the last week I've had a few days of feeling like utter rubbish. I'm nauseous - like m/s - tired & feel like Af is imminent (crampy & backache too).

Is this normal at 36 weeks? I've had to force myself to eat for the baby's sake but once I've eaten, the nausea strikes once again. Baby's so low too most people think I'm due now. Been getting quite a few BH's & uncomfortable feelings in my pelvis too! I've never gone into labour on my own & just don't know what to expect. Any advice would be very welcome!

meeks32
November 9th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Oh ladybugs I hope it all works out. Keep fighting your corner hun. Soar sounds like you have a great action plan and they are watching you and baby so I don't think the gestational diabetes will be an issue at all.

I'm so much bigger this pregnancy. I'm five foot one and 110-114 pounds normally and now the size of my bump has really damaged my pelvis and hip joints especially on the right hand side for some reason. I've ordered a belt for SPD to see if it helps as its just so so sore!

That's what I have. They called it an "unstable pelvis". The compression belt really helps, as has doing these special stomach crunches designed for helping, and when I work at my desk I have to sit for as long as I can on a large exercise ball. All have helped but nothing takes it away. Do as little lifting as possible. I refused this advice and made it worse so bad I could barely walk, then gave up carrying ds2, and taught him to climb into his chair or car only holding my hand. Helped lots!! Still lifting him for nappy changes.

meeks32
November 9th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I think that the u/s next week is going to determine where I give birth...if things remain unchanged then my hometown is on the docket, if there is a small range of concerns, I will be shipped to the near city. Basically, I will be hiding out at someones house just waiting for my body to go into labour on its own, unless I choose an elective section. The deal with that is I would not opt for a section unless I know that she is in distress as their hospital has a higher level of staph infections. I also don't know where I would be staying while waiting...my friends who live closer to the hospital have poor parking options, and if I am dependent on others to drive, they work or live further away. Lol, I am closer to medical care in my hometown!

On a great note, my hubby surprised me with an infant car seat that is perfect! I was stressing over this as he kept on saying...just use the old expired one...and I kept on arguing that Vancouver that would not fly, neither would getting out of the hospital work either with the old one.

Waiting for Daisy.....I feel for you! It is my left hip that has empathy for your right one....lol, I never had this pain with the boys.....and know I understand some of the pregnancy aches that others have had. I hope that the belt works for you.....good luck!!!!

Soar, how was tracking yesterday???? How are you feeling now that you are equipped with the info???

Meeks....how is work going?? How are your boys adjusting to the schedule change????

Wishing everyone an awesome weekend!!!

That certainly isnt ideal with the stay in the city, I'm sorry its so difficult for you no matter what happens! Do you have family to look after the other kids while you are in the city or giving birth? I am assuming if they make you deliver in the city, they will make you have a Caesarian, but if you deliver locally they may let you deliver naturally... that at least would be an easier two scenario's to plan around. I wonder if they would induce you but allow you to deliver naturally? Are they saying they want the baby out at 38 weeks, or will they let you go to 40 or more?

Work is really good, the new job was in my field (the one I went to uni for), working from home, getting paid double what I was paid at my other job, and 3 days a week. Its been perfect for pregnancy and perfect for having a 2 and 4 year old because I can usually manage to get them to daycare, but staying clean in a work uniform is pushing it, so this way it doesn't matter. I can work in my pj's if I want to!! I have agreed to do 4 weeks longer than we planned, so that takes me right up to christmas. I think i'll be 33 or 34 weeks when I finish up, and I deliver at 38 weeks, so that sounds perfect. I'd work another week or two but its bad timing with Christmas and new year break, the company closes.

DREAM I saw your post, I really dont have anything useful to add as I only went into labour naturally with ds1 and was 42 weeks pregnant so I felt like dying for a pretty long time before that happened!!! I'm having a LOT of braxton hicks and am only 26 weeks and I had some period pain a few times but not for long. I assume that stuff gets more the longer you go but honestly cant remember.

meeks32
November 9th, 2013, 10:35 PM
ps dream how is the new house?

I Love Ladybugs
November 9th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Thank-you girls for being such a good support!!! The carseat was sweet...and each and every time I look at it, it makes me smile.

Meeks,
Your job sounds great....and totally the way to go, pjs to work, now that would be the day! Plus, being able to bring an income in is important, having the energy and resources to look after your boys and baby on the way is also key. Are you able to get the downtime you need???

AFM... the positive about all of it is...they will NOT induce me! Given the fact that I have had a section, they actually will not induce labour!!! It is my one factor in going for a vag. delivery as my body has cooperated 2 times before....lol, to be 10 cm dialated and ready to push with DS2 to find out he was breech was a little sad. I feel right as of now...before this last u/s on Wed. is that they will be looking for any reason to section in the city 1 hour away, but will let me attempt vag. if I stay in there from 38 weeks on. I want to be able to labour here and then transfer via helicopter if need be...wouldn't that be a great baby story!
Jokes aside, I want the baby here in the safest way and if that involves driving in on good roads and waiting there, I will do that. But I want all the facts and preferably my most awesome MD at my side...so if I am hatching a plan to get baby here at 37w5d, I cannot be blamed for that thinking!!!

Dream :hug2: ...I pm'd you...I will take those hugs! These last few days have been both physically and mentally rough...I am trying to be organized and strong for this trip. As for you....your body is working to get that boy out in a nice and timely fashion. With both of my boys, I went into labour naturally, with DS1, I felt crampy for a few days ahead of time, had bloody show about 4am and nice constant contractions by 11am, but my water did not break until 5pm (4.5cm dialated) when they checked...and he was born 7:27 pm. DS2...decent contractions in the middle of the night...then stalled all day, only to resume by 6pm that same day...at which point, I just knew he was going to be there sooner than later. I had my water break with him at home at 9pm...then left for the hospital and could have pushed at 11:30...but that little toot was breech.
What I felt like ahead of time....both times, the baby felt low, and movement had been not as dynamic as in the week before that. TMI...bowel discomfort/loose stool (ewww, I tell you!) and feelings of nausea for a few days before that. I would like to think that I just popped out roses and cuteness, but really, I was obviously near labour for the two of them in the days leading up to their birthdays. Trust your own body!!!! And know that you have a whole group cheering you on in welcoming that adorable "Christmas" present!!!

black&gold
November 10th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Ladybugs I pm'd you. :hugs:

Soar, hope you get the advice & support you need. I have no experience with GD but wish you the best.

Waiting4Daisy, I sympathise totally. The belt is amazing though. I needed one the whole pg with ds2 but thankfully not this time round. I really hope you get the relief you need. The bed sounds brilliant! What a fab dh!

Ladies can anyone help me out? For the last week I've had a few days of feeling like utter rubbish. I'm nauseous - like m/s - tired & feel like Af is imminent (crampy & backache too).

Is this normal at 36 weeks? I've had to force myself to eat for the baby's sake but once I've eaten, the nausea strikes once again. Baby's so low too most people think I'm due now. Been getting quite a few BH's & uncomfortable feelings in my pelvis too! I've never gone into labour on my own & just don't know what to expect. Any advice would be very welcome!

Yep, been feeling this way myself. I started taking my morning sickness medication again because I was feeling so nauseous every morning after breakfast for the rest of the morning. I'm also having lots of BH, cramping and back pain. I'm also 36 weeks so I just think our bodies are getting prepared. I don't understand how people have baby after baby because I feel like with this being #3, all the pains are even worse. My pubic bone is SO sore all the time and I feel like it's about to snap in half. But everything you have described I've also been feeling so I'm going to assume it's normal?

Waiting4Daisy
November 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Deleted.

myrainbowgirl
November 11th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Dream & black&gold - Sounds like you're very near L&D! So exciting! Hope you both start feeling better soon.

Ladybugs - Ugh, what a mess. I'm so sorry you have to deal with such hard decisions. I'm sure your little ladybug will arrive safe & sound. Will pray!

Meeks - Your job sounds great!

Waiting4Daisy - Sorry you feel yucky. I get that way around 30 weeks, at least I did with DS1 & DS2. Felt good with DS3, so kept working out till 34 weeks, only to find out my fluid was low...then I had to go on bedrest! I think this time I will stop working out around 30 weeks like I did with the first two...need to be resting more than anything at that point!

Hope everyone is else is doing well.

Afm - Not much to tell here, except that DH & I just got back from an awesome weekend trip to a super fancy hotel about an hour away, to celebrate our 10th anniversary that was in July. His parents kept the boys for us, and it was GLORIOUS. Had been since DS1 was a baby since we had gotten away without the kids. Had lots of good talks about baby #5...he is the one now having to convince me, haha. Really, it's more like I know we'll do it, I'm just scared. He has been amazing and such a wonderful support in all of this! Anyway, that's about it from here. :)

Dreamofpink
November 11th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Black&gold sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish too. It would be lovely to think that it's just our bodies gearing up to a healthy delivery! I felt so crap over the weekend that I was sure I wouldn't go to term. After resting the last few days I've felt much better today. It really helped speaking with a midwife friend today who assured me that if everything's fine with baby, placenta & me I could go up to around term & 20 days. I'd have to go in for monitoring everyday & a scan of the placenta but it's my decision to just let things take it's course naturally. I feel sooo much better about it all & am not as scared of going overdue now. There are still so many variables right now that I'm embracing my new-found Mary attitude towards things & not worrying or obsessing! I just really want my vba2c!

Dreamofpink
November 11th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Glad you had such a fab time away myrainbowgirl! Your dh sounds wonderful!! Can you bottle some of his enthusiasm for a big family & send it my way please?! My dh thought one was enough! No chance mister :wink:

meeks32
November 11th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Just had my Glucose Challenge Test this morning (the one with the horrible drink, and then you have a blood test 1hr later). It always makes me want to throw up! Yuck. Anyway, I have seriously NOT been able to concentrate after the test. I am supposed to be working right now and CAN NOT FOCUS. Did anyone else have trouble with concentration afterwards? It has made me super tired. I don't remember feeling this way with ds1 or 2 but I could just have forgotten. I know I felt sick with it for them, and that I got shaky (which this time I didn't).

Tree
November 12th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Hello ladies,

So much to catch up I forget what is related to who...!!

I still find it strange some of us are talking about labour, how have these pregnancies gone so fast!? Ladies worried about sections and proximity logistics I really hope it all works out. Just got to keep focused on the outcome I suppose -,hopefully beautiful perfect healthy babies.

Personally I am finding it hard to think beyond the labour, I'm not sure if its because of the scares I've had this pregnancy or the fact this baby is a girl and to have everything perfect seems like a dream to good to be true... I just worry!

I'm 35 weeks now and have barely done a thing to prepare. There just doesn't seem the time what with running after two boy toddlers all day, the constant clear up and my extreme fatigue. Plus I have every expectation that I will go two weeks over as I did both times before.

Girls with pelvis pain have you got the sleeping pregnancy pillow? It's helped me so much and whist my SPD has returned now its nothing near as bad as it was in my last pregnancy!

Tree
November 12th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Also we should get a due date/induction date list going so we can see the order we are expecting babies and how much they deviate from it...

I'm due dec 16th

meeks32
November 12th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Tree I don't have the official pregnancy pillow (replacement husband) but I do sleep with a normal one between my knees!

I'm due Feb 18th but having a c-section on the 4th (38 weeks).

Dreamofpink
November 12th, 2013, 05:49 AM
By my dates (prog test & opk) I believe I'm due on 12th Dec. However the scans agree with my LMP & gave me the due date of 5th Dec. I'm attempting a VBA2C & as long as baby & I are fine we're leaving things up to nature - even if I go over 42 weeks. :eek:

Waiting4Daisy
November 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Deleted.

Soar
November 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Hi ladies!

All of this labor talk is so exciting! All of you due in December must be getting so excited! Can't wait to hear about new little bundles soon!

Meeks-I felt fine after my glucose test and here I am with GD so don't worry to much about symptoms after the test. I would have bet the house that I was going to pass this time. Let us know your results I am sure you are in the clear!

Rainbow-so glad you were able to get away! What a great idea! #5 is going to be so awesome!!!! I love big families!!!!!!

Dream-glad you are feeling better too!

AFM-the drama continues.....I am now 1cm dialated at 31 weeks along with high blood pressure and gestational diabetes. This pregnancy has really kept me busy with worry. At the non stress test the dr asked "Are you feeling that?" My response feeling what? She said "feeling those contractions!" I said no! They kept me another hour or so had me lay on my left side and drink water and sure enough they stopped. But they wanted to check me anyway and the dr said "you are at a 1. Don't worry that can happen and some women walk around as a one for weeks and weeks!" So naturally I lost it bc I am just so frustrated with worry and trying to do everything right to keep this little girl in there for as long as possible. They reassured me if I did go into preterm labor they would do everything possible to stop the labor from progressing. I know that God has this pregnancy and its going to be fine but my mommy brain is really struggling over here. I just want her to be in there till January so she can be good and ready to come out but as we are right now that might not happen that way. Trying to stay calm and not worry, but it's so hard! So everyday she stays inside is a total blessing and I'm going to look at it that way. My next appt is Thursday.

Have a good week ladies!

Soar
November 12th, 2013, 03:57 PM
My due date 1/14/14. With a c section at 39 weeks so somewhere around 1/7/14 (God willing she stays in there that long!) fingers crossed!!!!

meeks32
November 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Soar I was at 1cm for like 6 weeks with ds1, and still went to 42 weeks (which was actually 44 weeks by my dates) so it's totally possible. Drink lots and wee often, both being dehydrated and having a full bladder can cause Braxton hicks (those contractions you couldn't feel). You can usually tell you are having one by pressing on your tummy, it will go super hard during the contraction. I get them, but sadly they do nothing for my dilation. I have noticed I usually get a hot flush or strange feeling in my back, or need to wee when they are happening then I do the tummy check and sure enough...

Good luck and thinking of you though!

black&gold
November 13th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Soar, I wouldn't really worry - I know.. hard not too! I was 4cm from 35 weeks with DS2 and lasted until 39 weeks. I was sure he'd be a lot earlier but nope! So given that.. I'm sure I was at least 1cm definitely by 30 weeks. I also had contractions from very early on.. this time too. Maybe being your 3rd your body is just preparing extra early, but will still hold her in. Try not to worry about everything.. I'm sure it'll all be okay!

Speaking of not worrying - just wondering if any of you have had experience with short femur measurements? At my 32 week ultrasound they measured a week behind. They didn't say anything, I just saw on the report when they gave it to me and asked the doctor and she made no deal of it at all. Well I went back today at 36 weeks and they are now measuring 2.5 weeks behind. I'm a little worried because everything makes it seem like that's a "soft marker" even though I think all was fine just up until my 32 week appt. DH and I both aren't super tall - he's 5'8/5'9 and I'm 5'5.. I just didn't have this issue with either of my boys. I have an appt. tomorrow with my OB so I'm going to ask but naturally I'm trying to not freak myself out!

black&gold
November 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM
By my dates (prog test & opk) I believe I'm due on 12th Dec. However the scans agree with my LMP & gave me the due date of 5th Dec. I'm attempting a VBA2C & as long as baby & I are fine we're leaving things up to nature - even if I go over 42 weeks. :eek:

Weird.. I'm similar! By temping and OPK I was sure I'd be due Dec.16th but ultrasounds and everything from the beginning have been right on with my LMP. I was sure I O'd late - but I did have a + or almost + OPK right on CD14 so maybe that was when I O'd - have no idea. We BD'd on both OPK's because they were way to positive looking (the temp shift happened after 2nd positive). My due date is Dec. 12 by my scans... so I have no idea when I O'd or what the actual deal is!

Tree
November 13th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Soar, I wouldn't really worry - I know.. hard not too! I was 4cm from 35 weeks with DS2 and lasted until 39 weeks. I was sure he'd be a lot earlier but nope! So given that.. I'm sure I was at least 1cm definitely by 30 weeks. I also had contractions from very early on.. this time too. Maybe being your 3rd your body is just preparing extra early, but will still hold her in. Try not to worry about everything.. I'm sure it'll all be okay!

Speaking of not worrying - just wondering if any of you have had experience with short femur measurements? At my 32 week ultrasound they measured a week behind. They didn't say anything, I just saw on the report when they gave it to me and asked the doctor and she made no deal of it at all. Well I went back today at 36 weeks and they are now measuring 2.5 weeks behind. I'm a little worried because everything makes it seem like that's a "soft marker" even though I think all was fine just up until my 32 week appt. DH and I both aren't super tall - he's 5'8/5'9 and I'm 5'5.. I just didn't have this issue with either of my boys. I have an appt. tomorrow with my OB so I'm going to ask but naturally I'm trying to not freak myself out!

My last scan (before today) showed a shorted femur than all the other measurements. I also worried, though no one said anything. Today I had another scan and the femur was on track with other measurements.

Looking back on the measurements over various scans they deviate from eachother loads! I think the body parts grow at different rates and also we are not all the same with our measurements anyway!

myrainbowgirl
November 13th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I am due Feb. 26th, but tend to go a week or two early. :)

black&gold - Not to make light of your concerns at all, but maybe her legs are shorter because this is your girl! Hope so, and will pray that everything is just fine!

I Love Ladybugs
November 13th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Due date = Dec. 10th
My guess = Nov. 27ish.....but baby is given the say....I am getting to have my Vbac in my hometown and supported fully by the specialist today!! Good news is the other specialist who I saw 8 weeks ago was not present today and this other individual was Heaven sent....so happy to update in this thread without a concrete date of arrival!!!!

meeks32
November 13th, 2013, 07:03 PM
My last scan (before today) showed a shorted femur than all the other measurements. I also worried, though no one said anything. Today I had another scan and the femur was on track with other measurements.

Looking back on the measurements over various scans they deviate from eachother loads! I think the body parts grow at different rates and also we are not all the same with our measurements anyway!

I also think it's a bit variable on how careful the tech is being with measurements, 1mm in the wrong direction and you measure 1 or 2 weeks over or under. Its not a precise science, or not as precise as we would be led to believe!

Soar
November 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks for all the reassurance! I need some don't worry vibes!

I haven't had short measurements per se but at the scan 2 weeks ago they said she was measuring behind and so I asked about it Monday and they said she's right on target. I will be interested to see what they say at tomorrow's scan! I think Meeks is right if they are just slightly off then it gives you a behind or ahead measurement super easily. Ask your doctor for sure tho to feel better about it!

Ladybugs so glad you have a game plan and you had a nice visit! It makes such a difference when everyone is thinking positive!

Headed to my 3rd appt of the week tomorrow morning! Monday I was there 5 hours, lets hope it's not a repeat tomorrow!

black&gold
November 15th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks ladies. I've heard how the slightest error with measuring can throw stuff off like crazy so I'm not too concerned. My doctor fully brushed it off when I asked her and reassured me it's absolutely nothing. I was just worried she want another ultrasound which I don't think I can deal with again. Being team green makes you read into EVERYTHING the person says. This week when we went the lady told us to look away because she was going to check things out and while she was clearly seeing what was going on she said "so you already have two, what do you have" and I said "2 boys" and she says "Ooohhhh, the suspense must be killing you then" and obviously that means nothing.. but DH is like "why would she say that if she's staring at a penis..." which ya could be a little weird seeing as how it was so upbeat how she said it... but I also think some people are just dumb! (Like when you have another boy and people say "aw, too bad it's not a girl" or "looks like you have to try again") I'm convinced it's got to be a 3rd boy though so even with the last ultrasound lady saying "she" and "her" I just assume it was a slip.. like when people call all dogs "she". I just feel like we will both be so stunned and confused when it's not a girl because literally everything is pointing to it being a girl. The world would have been really messing with us! K, can this baby just come now so we stop torturing ourselves! LOL!

Tree
November 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks ladies. I've heard how the slightest error with measuring can throw stuff off like crazy so I'm not too concerned. My doctor fully brushed it off when I asked her and reassured me it's absolutely nothing. I was just worried she want another ultrasound which I don't think I can deal with again. Being team green makes you read into EVERYTHING the person says. This week when we went the lady told us to look away because she was going to check things out and while she was clearly seeing what was going on she said "so you already have two, what do you have" and I said "2 boys" and she says "Ooohhhh, the suspense must be killing you then" and obviously that means nothing.. but DH is like "why would she say that if she's staring at a penis..." which ya could be a little weird seeing as how it was so upbeat how she said it... but I also think some people are just dumb! (Like when you have another boy and people say "aw, too bad it's not a girl" or "looks like you have to try again") I'm convinced it's got to be a 3rd boy though so even with the last ultrasound lady saying "she" and "her" I just assume it was a slip.. like when people call all dogs "she". I just feel like we will both be so stunned and confused when it's not a girl because literally everything is pointing to it being a girl. The world would have been really messing with us! K, can this baby just come now so we stop torturing ourselves! LOL!

How far are you now? I'm 35 weeks now and honestly it was so difficult for the tech to measure anything as its seriously cramped in there. In previous scans I've always asked for the sex and this time I didn't as it would have been so so tricky to find. I doubt very much she would have even attempted to look and am pretty certain nothing would be obvious. It was hard enough for her to get the leg measurement... I looked at the screen the whole time and didn't even get close to seeing anything gender related!
I can't believe you've managed to stay team green, amazing!!

black&gold
November 16th, 2013, 07:47 AM
How far are you now? I'm 35 weeks now and honestly it was so difficult for the tech to measure anything as its seriously cramped in there. In previous scans I've always asked for the sex and this time I didn't as it would have been so so tricky to find. I doubt very much she would have even attempted to look and am pretty certain nothing would be obvious. It was hard enough for her to get the leg measurement... I looked at the screen the whole time and didn't even get close to seeing anything gender related!
I can't believe you've managed to stay team green, amazing!!

This is true! I was a day shy of 36 weeks and the baby is really tight in there. She just said she going to look at the legs etc. so if we don't want to spoil anything to look away but it was up to us. So we obviously looked away just incase, but you are right.. things are SO tight I doubt it's that obvious! I can't even believe we've managed to stay team green. It's killing us at this point though!!!

Waiting4Daisy
November 16th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Deleted.

black&gold
November 17th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Stay strong black n gold! I'm struggling to stay team green too but think its got easier as time as has gone on, after I said we didn't want to find out at the 20 week scan I felt like I just had to do it now! I too analyse each symptom, in fact here is my checklist ha ha:

Boy:

Possibly boy nub (angle?)
Craving meat
DH possibly saw boy bits (scrotum)
Cold
Headaches

Girl:

Spotty
Very sick
No willy seen
Sonographer's comment
Extra anxious*
Craving sweeties and fruit
Much bigger this time!

I'm a lunatic! I really think you have a great chance of hearing girl Hun xxx

LOL! I'm right there with you! I seriously think I've gone nuts! We've never had a pregnancy with such a large amount of girl "signs" but I guarantee that's why it'll be a boy.. we'll seriously be in shock because there have been way to many things to imply girl.. but nothing concrete obviously! Oh well.. any week now we'll know - almost 37 weeks and starting to freak out a little. There are a few people that we know don't want us to have a girl.. so I think in the end that will be what kills me the most, that when they come to the hospital to see our boy they'll be all happy and giddy that we didn't get a girl!

I feel like you have a great shot. I've heard everything resets after #3 so I think it's prob your girl :)

Waiting4Daisy
November 18th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Deleted.

zem7
November 19th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Hey ladies, just thought I would share a great deal with you! If you go to Carseat Canopy (http://www.carseatcanopy.com) and use the promo code `PTS12` you get the canopy free and just pay shipping. Also, Udder Covers (http://www.uddercovers.com) has a free nursing cover with the promo code `THANKS2013` and Seven (http://www.sevenslings.com) has a free sling with the promo code `carseat` you only pay shopping, all together, if you get them all, you spend about $38, and save about $120. I ordered the canopy for a little over $12, so excited to get it.

Thought I would share this with you ladies also, I am from the November due date group.

Dreamofpink
November 20th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Hi ladies just wanted to share a recipe that I found after having clary sage oil recommended to me by a midwife friend. I've just made up a bottle of it ready for using in my hands or feet during labour:

50ml carrier oil (sweet almond etc)
10 drops clary sage oil
10 drops lavender oil
4 drops fennel oil
4 drops ylang ylang oil.

It does smell rather nice when blended! My friend said that inhaling clary sage is an excellent way to help with contractions so I'll give it a go. She used it with both of her children. It's not particularly cheap though at nearly £10 for 10ml. Still a little goes a long way. :)

Tree
November 20th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Urghhh! Officially got to the fed up part of pregnancy now... I'm 36 weeks but always two weeks over due. The thought of another 6 weeks is too much!

How are the rest of you holding up?

meeks32
November 20th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Urghhh! Officially got to the fed up part of pregnancy now... I'm 36 weeks but always two weeks over due. The thought of another 6 weeks is too much!

Pretty sure I'm at that stage already at just 27 weeks! I have a really bad stomach bug the kids passed onto me and I have not felt this horrible in a long time. But even before that, I am just so over not being able to bend, having a bad back etc. Mind you since I have to have another c-section it's not like ending pregnancy will help that, there is a whole other 6 weeks of recovery on top. Sigh.

BUT we all know it's just a means to an end and every day whilst simultaneously grumbling about pregnancy I am thankful for it. This one was a lot of work and heartbreak to get, and I am very glad to have her! Doesn't make the process much easier though. 10 months of pregnancy is sooooo long. I think it feels like 28 months since we were trying for 18 months prior!!

Waiting4Daisy
November 23rd, 2013, 05:45 AM
Deleted.

Soar
November 23rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Hi ladies!!!!
Sorry to hear about those not feeling so hot! Maybe a nice warm bath is in order with a good trashy magazine!!!!

Plugging along over here at 32 weeks! Nursery is almost done. I got crafty and made all her wall decor. I copied a lot of stuff off of Pinterest! That has really helped the time pass. Headed out today to look for fabric for curtains. All in all I haven't spent a ton of money on the nursery, so that's been great!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

I Love Ladybugs
November 23rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Soar...you can't leave us without pix of said nursery!!!!! I am still waiting for my mom to finish off her part....a hot pink crib sheet. And since I won't/can'/don't want to share the baby's name with my IRL world, her letters won't go up until after birth.

AFM....sick with a mega sinus cold and chest cold. As in, can't think clearly, tired....but the good news is that at the moment, baby is staying put, not dilating yet....and my MD could not do a sweep yesterday and said "see you next week"!

Soar
November 24th, 2013, 04:05 PM

These are things I have made from Pinterest! I used my grandma's frames and just spray painted them. Used some fabric I had around the house and then used a pair of bloomers someone had made for her from the baby shower. Pretty much these 3 pictures cost me about $10! I like to make things especially since I'm trying to pass the time. :-)

Anybody else got some cute cheap DIY projects you can pass along?

myrainbowgirl
November 24th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Hi ladies,
Yes, jealous of you ladies in the home stretch! Although I must say I feel great right now, so I'm actually ok with where I am. :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of sweet babies in the next few weeks!

Huds
November 26th, 2013, 10:27 AM

snap.. Tree i just want the baby!!! This stage is so tough. Have u got your bags packed?

Tree
November 27th, 2013, 07:45 AM
snap.. Tree i just want the baby!!! This stage is so tough. Have u got your bags packed?

I had my bags half packed and then got ill, ended up in hospital for a few days so a few of the few things that were packed have now been unpacked!

Really feel I need to get things sorted now, I'm just so exhausted!

How about you?

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
November 27th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Tree,

Right there with ya. I will be 38 weeks on Friday. I am so uncomfortable and just want to get my mitts on my baby boy #4. Going in for a pregnancy massage this morning...maybe that will get things started:)
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Huds
November 27th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I had my bags half packed and then got ill, ended up in hospital for a few days so a few of the few things that were packed have now been unpacked!

Really feel I need to get things sorted now, I'm just so exhausted!

How about you?

Awwww what happened? I hope your feeling lot better now. Yep im packed and yes im so egar. I can't sleep at night bcos my body aches. How many weeks do u have left?

Tree
November 27th, 2013, 03:41 PM
My body just couldn't cope with the exhaustion and fatigue and kinda gave out on me, it was all rather scary but I'm feeling much better now and resting up!

I'm 37 and half weeks now but presume this baby will be late like the others.

Well done Huds on being so organised! Need to sort my stuff out. :-)

Huds
November 28th, 2013, 05:37 AM
My body just couldn't cope with the exhaustion and fatigue and kinda gave out on me, it was all rather scary but I'm feeling much better now and resting up!

I'm 37 and half weeks now but presume this baby will be late like the others.

Well done Huds on being so organised! Need to sort my stuff out. :-)

Ah wow i had no idea. Hope you use the last few weeks relaxing. I had a family wedding, weekend just gone. I kept pushing myself. When i got to Sunday i was feeling light headed and my left felt like jelly. It is thought third time around i think. Esp running after two sprogs. When's your due date? can't believe im already packed... I think im so egar to have the baby, o just want some energy back lol

Tree
November 28th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Ah wow i had no idea. Hope you use the last few weeks relaxing. I had a family wedding, weekend just gone. I kept pushing myself. When i got to Sunday i was feeling light headed and my left felt like jelly. It is thought third time around i think. Esp running after two sprogs. When's your due date? can't believe im already packed... I think im so egar to have the baby, o just want some energy back lol

Due somewhere around 17th dec, too many dates... It's so true running around after two little ones rest just isn't an option! It's too easy to overdo things. But I will be careful now.
Half the reason I still haven't got things ready for the baby is not having time. I will feel much better when all sorted.
I can't believe I'm 37weeks, in some ways I still can't believe I'm pregnant - mad huh!

Huds
November 29th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I totally agree! Can't believe baby will be here soon. Def get some rest although like u said its difficult to rest when u have two young children. I think after u have packed your bags you'll feel a weight has been lifted. Gosh you could go into labour any day really

Tree
November 29th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I totally agree! Can't believe baby will be here soon. Def get some rest although like u said its difficult to rest when u have two young children. I think after u have packed your bags you'll feel a weight has been lifted. Gosh you could go into labour any day really

In theory but the boys were soooo late I doubt it.
Hopefully will get everything sorted baby wise this weekend.
Based on history when do you think you'll go into labour?

meeks32
November 29th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Good luck tree, I'm sorry to hear you were in hospital recently, but glad you are better and listening to your body. I think getting packed one night when the kids are in bed will help you to feel like you are ready for anything. I went over with ds1 too, it's not fun especially if you have other pregnant friends giving birth before you at a lesser gestation, I remember getting very jealous and grumpy despite being thrilled for them!!

Good luck everyone that's due soon. I have 9 weeks to go, which feels like not long, and ages at the same time, lol!! Sooooo much to do. I don't even have my cot back off a friend yet so feeling disorganised. I'm working 3 days a week until 1 week before delivery but the kids keep getting sick, and I have to keep them home from childcare, then I have to work a weekend day to make up for it, so I feel like all I'm doing is child wrangling and working no time to plan or organise or sort the house out yet. And Christmas is putting a massive pressure on things, with family expecting us to drive hours in either direction on a number of separate occasions around Christmas, plus play host to some for a week. I have no idea how I will survive it actually, being so pregnant with a 2 and 4 year old as well. Looking forward to January!

Waiting4Daisy
November 30th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Deleted.

Tree
November 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks Girls! We are kinda mad right... It's like the thought of just how much extra work another baby will be is only sinking in now. :-)
I can't wait though!
Yeah I think Christmas will be pretty full on, really excited about it though as its the first one my eldest actually understands. Kids really make Christmas don't they!
Massive respect on waiting, how long do you have to go?

onthepond
November 30th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Hi ladies - good luck to ALL of you getting so close! Man, I wish I was closer. I have been MIA because this pregnancy just has been less than ideal for sure. At 19 weeks I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa. I just want back in for my 8 week check up on it hoping for good news but instead found out that I still have complete placenta previa but also something far worse called vasa previa. I see my doctor Monday and will have a new plan established, but it sounds like hospital bed rest at 32 weeks, delivery by csection at 35 weeks. I am TERRIFIED of a csection and also of a delivery at 35 weeks, but mostly about our baby until then. It all just feels like a bad dream.

We had a loss earlier this year, this is our rainbow, when is God going to grant me a break? If you have any extra prayers, please say a prayer for me and baby Beckett. All I want in the world is for this baby to be healthy. Thanks ladies!

Also, if any of you know anything about vasa previa, please share. I am a complete mess and have been since Wednesday but I don't see my doctor until Monday. Thanks!

BEST OF LUCK to all of you ladies getting ready to deliver soon!

Huds
December 1st, 2013, 02:02 AM
In theory but the boys were soooo late I doubt it.
Hopefully will get everything sorted baby wise this weekend.
Based on history when do you think you'll go into labour?

Lol based on history baby prob get here on the 9th Jan.. Oh feels like ages away. Yesterday i kept getting like pins and needles sensation shooting across my belly. Has anyone else experienced that...

Tree
December 1st, 2013, 04:17 AM
Onthepond and Huds very sorry I don't know anything about either of those things.
Onthepond I'm so sorry things have been so stressful for you. I'm sure everything will work out in the end. This pregnancy has presented me with plenty of worries so I do understand. I hope someone on here can shed a bit more light on things for you.

black&gold
December 2nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
Onthepond - sorry to hear that your placenta didn't move and things are even more serious. I don't know much about what you have at all, however I do remember being very worried about the prospect of C-Section as I had a very low lying placenta and it was also anterior.. which I read can be a complicated situation. My fortunately moved enough for natural delivery.. but I really do understand the fear you are feeling. I'm so sorry to hear this but as long as your baby gets here safe and sound that's the most important - as hard as it is to not think of everything else! xo

AFM - 9 days from due date and no sign of baby. I had DS2 at 39 weeks exactly so I'm hoping I don't have to wait much longer! DS1 has his 4th birthday this week so I'm really hoping baby doesn't decide to steal his big day... but murphy's law that'll totally happen! I hope everyone else is doing well! So curious to find out who this baby finally is - I don't know how people do team green for all their pregnancies!

Waiting4Daisy
December 2nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Deleted.

myrainbowgirl
December 2nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Onthepond - I am so sorry that you have been diagnosed with something more serious. I don't know anything about vasa previa...but I am sure your doctors know what is best for you and baby. Will pray for your situation!

Black&gold - I didn't realize you were so close! So exciting! Prayers for a safe labor and delivery...can't wait to see pics!

Waiting4Daisy - I still admire you for staying team green. Can't wait to hear your news (in a while, of course), too!

Everyone else - hi!

AFM - Doing fine...back pain starting to gear up. Common for me at this stage of pregnancy. Pregnancy yoga has helped in the past. Need to break out that DVD! :)

meeks32
December 3rd, 2013, 03:41 AM
Onthepond I'm sorry to hear you were diagnosed with something more serious, how did the appointment go with the doctor?

Honestly Caesarian isn't ideal sure but it's not the end of the world, and in cases of emergency is safer with more controlled and predictable risks. So I wouldn't worry about that part.

Bed rest from 32 weeks will no doubt be very difficult to organise around other children, have you tackled how this may work yet? I feel for you, I can't imagine how I would manage that, with no family to help me, I hope you have a support network able to step in.

If Delivery at 35 weeks is what needs to happen to keep baby safe then that's the best option, I know many prem babies far earlier that were totally fine after a longer stay in hospital than term babies, 35 weeks is a pretty good age as pre term babies go, with most of the development done by then they just need to grow a bit more. That's not at all to take away from how sorry I am this is happening to you, just wanted to reassure you and hope you have some more answers from the doc now. Xxx

meeks32
December 3rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Ps I was born at 35.5 weeks and spent only 1 day in a humidity crib and went home a day after that. I was 4 pound 6 and had to be induced due to inadequate growth rate.

Soar
December 3rd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Black and gold-only 9 days away!!!!! That is sooooo exciting! And then you can finally tell us who's been in there this whole time! Eck I'm really excited for you!!!!

Onthepond-c section really isn't terrible I promise. I have had 2 and will have another with this baby as well. The healing time is a little longer but the silver lining is the birth of your baby is super controlled and there will be a ton of ready handed nurses and doctors ready to assist you and baby at a seconds notice. Also I have had a difficult pregnancy this time as well and my dr has really been good about reminding me that after 34 weeks its a totally different ball game for a baby. They might be in the NICU for a little while but they do excellent and always come out of the NICU super strong! And he also reminds me that when they are 5 years old you can't tell the difference between a preterm baby and a full term baby at all! So there won't be lasting effects! I know you must be so worried but your doctors are going to make sure you and baby are 100% safe! Hang in there! Will keep you and baby in my prayers! You and your body can totally do this!

AFM-finally 34 weeks! It feels so good to be in this week! Blood pressure isn't rising but holding steady with modified bed rest. So blessed for that! Looks like we are shooting for January 3rd for a c section. That's exactly a month from today! Woohoo! Just so thankful she has stayed put! Still going to the dr twice a week and it has almost become a normal routine for us now. Even the boys have gotten use to the new schedule of crazy dr appts for mom. Modern medicine really is a blessing, particularly in my case with high blood pressure, gestational diabetes and dialating early!

Hope everyone is feeling great! We are all getting so close!

Anyone heard from ladybug in a while? Just wondering how she's been doing as well!

I Love Ladybugs
December 3rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Soar...I have posted some over in the TTC pink and beyond thread....I have had a "fun" couple of weeks! I returned from the specialists in Vancouver with good news about a fully sanctioned VBAC and that things are stable enough with my little girl to just wait until she is out.
However, I took a fall on the ice on Friday...and have spent a few days just healing up from that. The problem is that on the right upmost part of my rib, right under the right breast, I am in extreme pain...to the point it hurts to move, lay down, cough...and I have to put pressure there just to not scream in pain. It will take my mind off labour for sure :) I am 39 weeks today and with DS1, I made it to 39w1d, with DS2 I was 38w2d....so I actually might be going closer to edd with her. Thanks for checking in on me <3

Sounds like you have a great plan underway......and only one more month until you meet your baby!!! That is exciting!!!!!!!!!

Black and gold....so near the end....it is going to be fun to stalk you to the wonderful arrival of your new bundle!!!

meeks32
December 3rd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Onthepond what soar said is exactly what I was trying to say with a 2 and 4 year old tugging at my legs. Agree! I have had two c-sections despite a long labour with my first and am about to have another one, despite wishing I could do it naturally for better recovery time, sometimes (often) we don't get to choose. It's very safe, controlled and will be fine!

meeks32
December 3rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Ladybugs I replied on one of the threads but now can't remember which one. I'm following you closely and waiting for news! I hope baby arrives at a time when you're a bit less sore. Poor thing it's not been an easy trot for you!!! x

I Love Ladybugs
December 3rd, 2013, 08:54 PM
Ladybugs I replied on one of the threads but now can't remember which one. I'm following you closely and waiting for news! I hope baby arrives at a time when you're a bit less sore. Poor thing it's not been an easy trot for you!!! x

I like your sentiment I read about using up all my bad luck!! Lol, it has been a rough road this time around and I suspect labour is going to be a challenge with this last rib issue! I can't wait to tell you all of her arrival....just to be patient in these last few days :)

Soar
December 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Ladybugs-oh no so sorry you had a fall. Ugh sore ribs are the worst! I know that pain all to well! But you get to meet your daughter so soon! I know you must be busting at the seems in anticipation! Your VBAC will be great! I can't believe we were all writing down all the foods we were eating while swaying and now here we are.....! Such a surreal year this has been huh?!?! Crazy and also totally exciting at the same time! Hope those ribs treat you well during the next couple of days! So excited for your announcement of baby girls arrival!

onthepond
December 4th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Thank you for all of the notes, ladies! I just got back from a visit with a perinatal doctor and it went better than anticipated. Still not great...I still have complete placenta and do have vasa previa BUT the vessels of baby's that are down low by my cervix are still covered by a thin piece of placenta meaning they aren't exposed in the membranes at this point. The main thing is keeping them inside the placenta where they are more protected, rather than free floating in the membranes. The initially thought they weren't protected and though it is just a tiny, thin strip, it is still protecting them so I will take it.

As far as today, the doctor told me if things stay as is, that I might not have to do hospital bed rest, but will have home bed rest and csection at 35 or 36 weeks...but it is all a waiting game until my recheck at 32 weeks. I will be sure to update you all in 4 weeks. I feel better after seeing the doctor today and he hasn't given up hope that this whole thing will move UP and get away from the cervix more...though a csection now that this has been identified is certain.

I am feeling better about the csection thing, especially if it gets us more confident about end result of healthy baby, healthy mama. I am a little worried about recovery and being able to move about, but I guess those are small things to worry about given the situation we find ourselves in now.

Thanks again for all of the support, means the world during a very scary time!

SO SO CLOSE now for so many of you! I am thinking of you all and cannot wait to see baby updates. We are in the HOME STRETCH ladies! I cannot believe the 3rd trimester starts tomorrow for me. Happiest of holidays to all of you as well. I feel like December is going to FLY by, especially since it's the 5th already tomorrow.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD luck to all of our ladies going soon and be sure to share your delivery stories :)

Soar
December 10th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Hi there everyone!!!! How's everyone feeling? Getting closer everyday! Really starting to get a little nervous about 3 children under the age of 4! I know it's going to be fine and I will do it but I just had a friend who had her 3rd and she said its super stressful and overwhelming. Eck that makes me nervous! My DS2 has really become clingy in the last couple of weeks so much so that I find myself holding him A LOT during the day. He just turned 2 and I am hoping that this is a quick phase he will get out of soon!

Anybody else getting nervous for their third? Or have some positive outlook to pass on?!?! Please pretty please!

Tree
December 11th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Soar I'm very nervous, I too will have 3 under 4.... And my youngest is also clingy.
I keep holding on to the hope that things will be easier when number 3 arrives as I find pregnancy so ridiculously exhausting!!!

Less than a week until I'm due... Eeeeek!

black&gold
December 11th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Ugh, due tomorrow and so far nothing!!! I have an OB appt. today so I am going to tell her to sweep me like she's never sweeped before LOL!

Everyone I have talked to say that the 3rd is no doubt the easiest to add. I haven't had a single person tell me otherwise. I also will have 3 kids, 4 and under and I was worried at one point but am so sick of being pregnant and so curious as to what this baby is that I haven't been thinking about it much. I just keep hanging on to all the positives I've heard about having 3 and how this transition is much easier than going from 1-2!

two1984
December 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone,
Hope you are all doing well?
I haven't been around much. This pregnancy hasn't been going so well. The sickness returned and I have been feeling pretty rough. 28 week bloods showed I am anaemic so have been taking iron supplements since last week, so hopefully that side of things will improve soon.
Unfortunately they discovered at growth scan that my placenta is already at grannum grade 3 so very mature for early third trimester. I am 32 weeks now and the concern is that it will stop working early. So far baby is growing ok and fluid, blood flow etc is fine, I hope it continues that way. I am so scared of losing this baby and now it feels like my body is failing her. I have felt from the beginning that we may not get to bring this baby home either and now it feels like it may come true :( Trying so hard not to worry. I have a midwife appointment next week, so will hopefully know more then and another scan booked to see how baby is doing.

myrainbowgirl
December 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Black&gold - Fx the sweep will get things started!!

Soar & others :) - 2 to 3 was NOT even close to as hard (for me, at least) as 1 to 2. My DS1 was 4.5 & DS2 was 2.5 when DS3 was born, so not too far off from your situations. I have heard that from many other friends as well...I think you ladies will all be fine!

two1984 - I am so sorry you are dealing with the placenta issue. Will pray things stabilize & that your little one stays safe and sound for a little while longer!

Soar
December 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Two1984- so sorry to hear you are worried with all this news of the placenta. Keep us updated. We will keep you in our prayers. If you are 32 weeks maybe they will be able to watch it closely enough and try their best to get u to 34 weeks. We have had a difficult pregnancy as well and the dr said 34 weeks is a game changer for a preemie and anything after that is icing on the cake if there is a need to take the baby early. Try to hold on to that! Come here more often and vent your worries if you need to! (((Hugs)))

Ladies all this positive talk of 3 is making me feel a lot better! Today at target I thought to myself in 20 days I won't be able to do this with 3 children there's no way. But maybe there is if the transition from 1-2 is harder than 2-3! Here's to hoping!

B&G-loads of labor dust your way!!!!!!!!!

black&gold
December 12th, 2013, 03:54 AM
SOOOO! I am lying in my hospital bed with a little sleeping baby BOY next to me! My OB accidentally broke my water at my visit and 4hrs later he's here! Oddly enough I had a really strong girl feeling the whole labor as did all the nurses. When he came out and they showed me I instantly saw his manhood and was so overjoyed! It's almost like I actually wanted a 3rd boy because I am SO thrilled. I really can't imagine having a girl at this point! So happy we waited to know and definitely not a spec of GD! Wishing everyone the best of luck with their deliveries as I might not be on here much in the next little bit! xoxo

Dreamofpink
December 12th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Huge congrats Black&Gold!! I'm so happy for you & that not finding out beforehand helped with the GD. I'm head over heels in love with my 3rd little boy a week on, they're very special aren't they?! Have you got a name yet? What did he weigh? It sounds like you had a very quick labour. Congrats again & enjoy every minute with him!! :D

Tree
December 12th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Yay Black and Gold!! Congratulations on your precious little boy. And well done/lucky you on a smooth and speedy delivery!
Enjoy all the wonderful newborn cuddles. X

Soar
December 12th, 2013, 10:07 AM
B&G----that's so exciting! Post a picture if you can!!!! Yay for a healthy sweet little prince! So glad you are doing well! Yay for babies!!!!

myrainbowgirl
December 12th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Huge congrats, black&gold!! So glad to hear you are both well, and that you are not disappointed....wonderful news!

aftmjt
December 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Michael Andrew was born today 5.32pm 12 days over due after an induction naturally weighing 10lb 4.5oz delivery was the hardest yet I'm do in love with my little man I feel complete and I have decided not to go for no 5! will post pic when home tomoz x

Soar
December 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Aft-Ahhhhh so exciting!!!!! Congrats and so glad all is well! Post pictures when u can!

All of these sweet babies being born is so exciting!!!! Eck can't wait!!!!!

Tree
December 12th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Aft congratulations!! Wow, four kiddies - how wonderful.

How was the delivery of number three? I've heard the third is a wild card... Is that true?

Ohh hope I get to meet my LO soon. I'm having loads of BH. Have had a stretch and sweep and had at least part of the plug or show (I get confused between the two!). Willing on labour but at the same time incredibly apprehensive.

aftmjt
December 12th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Good luck I'm sure labour will come soon. Labour with no 3 was bad too placenta was stuck and left some behind and I had a massive bleed after I had to stay on delivery suit all night to be checked. Thankfully this time bleeding and placenta ok just the delivering was a nightmare.

aftmjt
December 12th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Here he is my little man.
Thank gender dreaming and all you ladies for all the help and advise on here as I truly believe without it I wouldn't have got my little prince

meeks32
December 13th, 2013, 12:09 AM
SOOOO! I am lying in my hospital bed with a little sleeping baby BOY next to me! My OB accidentally broke my water at my visit and 4hrs later he's here! Oddly enough I had a really strong girl feeling the whole labor as did all the nurses. When he came out and they showed me I instantly saw his manhood and was so overjoyed! It's almost like I actually wanted a 3rd boy because I am SO thrilled. I really can't imagine having a girl at this point! So happy we waited to know and definitely not a spec of GD! Wishing everyone the best of luck with their deliveries as I might not be on here much in the next little bit! xoxo

ohmygoodness I am just catching up with this thread after getting interrupted last time I tried to log on, and look what happens!!

Congratulations honey!! What a dream labour, and just as you were worrying about how long you had to wait too! Well done and congrats again, I bet he is beautiful.

meeks32
December 13th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Michael Andrew was born today 5.32pm 12 days over due after an induction naturally weighing 10lb 4.5oz delivery was the hardest yet I'm do in love with my little man I feel complete and I have decided not to go for no 5! will post pic when home tomoz x

Another bubby!!! Well done, and congratulations, I am glad to hear you feel complete now, I feel that with this pregnancy too, hoping it lasts to after labour. haha. Bet his big sisters are thrilled as well!

meeks32
December 13th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Here he is my little man.
Thank gender dreaming and all you ladies for all the help and advise on here as I truly believe without it I wouldn't have got my little prince

Oh he's just lovely! This is all making me super clucky and I still have 8 weeks to go!!!

Tree
December 13th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I can't see pictures?

Waiting4Daisy
December 13th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Deleted.

onthepond
December 13th, 2013, 12:40 PM
OOH my GOODNESS - Congratulations to our ladies with babies! YAY! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you all! I cannot wait to be in your shoes holding my baby.

Csection scheduled for me at 37 weeks - that is the absolutely latest they will let me go and of course I am terrified that it is too early. I am also terrified of the csection itself even though many of you have helped to calm some worries. Has anyone had a baby at 37 weeks? Healthy? Trouble breathing or nursing?

Thinking of ALL of you, I cannot believe our turns are finally here! (WELL, some of us anyway...many still have some wait time :)).

Waiting4Daisy
December 13th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Deleted.

myrainbowgirl
December 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM
aftmjt - Congrats, he is gorgeous!!

onthepond - I think 37 weeks is generally just fine to deliver. Baby will be just fine!

onthepond
December 14th, 2013, 01:16 PM
You ladies are really awesome, honestly. I appreciate all of the support - it means so much.

I cannot WAIT for more BABY UPDATES from you all!

black&gold
December 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Hey Ladies,

I'll try and post a pic at some point but we're home from the hospital and his brothers are completely obsessed! We feel perfectly complete and I wouldn't have it any other way. We prayed like crazy to get pregnant with this baby and that it would be exactly what was meant for our family and we are SO in love! His name is Cape Sterling Dash :)

Can't wait to hear the rest of the birth announcements and see all these sweet little girls about to join some of your all boy fams :) So excited for you ladies getting you DD - what a crazy special moment that's going to be! xo

Soar
December 14th, 2013, 07:45 PM
B&G-yay for being at home!!! That's so sweet the boys are enjoying baby brother! I am sure they are so excited for their new best friend!!!! I LOVE his name!!!!!! Congratulations again!!!!! Yay for babies and feeling complete! Can't ask for anything better than that! So happy for you and your family!

meeks32
December 15th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Onthepond please don't worry about the 37 weeks, that is very safe for baby, given they deliver perfectly normal pregnancies and babies at 38 weeks when you need a planned csection I can't imagine one single week will be detrimental. I was born 4 weeks early and left hospital in a couple of days, with no issues whatsoever other than being put in a humidity crib for 8hrs, they soon realised I was healthy and fine and let me out! I was breastfed and mum never had any issues with that, I was small, only 4 pounds 5 but totally healthy and gained weight quickly after birth. I am absolutely sure 37 weeks is safe. I know quite a few babies born at 36 and 37 weeks that you would never know. Some were bigger than babies that went to term!

meeks32
December 15th, 2013, 05:33 AM
B&g can't wait for the pic, he sounds divine and I love the name too! Congrats on getting home and settled as well, it's no small feat. I bet you are busy keeping the older two involved yet not right in his face! I can imagine that all too well, I remember it from going from 1-2 and have been imagining similar things in my near future!!

Tree
December 18th, 2013, 03:00 AM
I have a daughter!!! My little girl arrived right on time after a quick water birth. She is perfect and she is a she... I still can't believe it!
We are back home and her brothers adore her. It was amazing to see their reactions and how loving they were/are. So heartwarming!
What an incredible journey it's been. I'm so pleased I found this website and did all I could to get my dream, a dream which has now come true. And I got to 'meet' you lovely ladies too. Very happy and tired Mumma here.x

Mathilde
December 18th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Congratulations Tree! I am so glad on your behalf! Merry X-mas!
Mathilde

Waiting4Daisy
December 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Deleted.

myrainbowgirl
December 18th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Congrats, Tree!

Tree
December 18th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to tease. I'm rather tired at the moment and find it hard to think. :-) Her name is Poppy and she weighs 8lbs 4oz. She has lots of hair (making the heartburn worth while he he). I just totally adore her, we all do. Best Christmas present ever!

meeks32
December 18th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Well done honey I said so on the other thread too, but very happy for you and agree Christmas will be extra special for you this year! Nice to hear the older boys are being loving and gentle, I'm always thinking about how mine will react too!

Soar
December 19th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Tree-congratulations!!!! Enjoy your sweet new addition! Glad the boys are loving on her! Congrats again!!!!!!!!!!! Love her name!

meeks32
December 19th, 2013, 03:35 AM
AFM I have had horrible upper stomach pain, nausea, and barely eaten or slept in days. Off to the big city tomorrow for some blood and urine tests, and an ultrasound to see what's going on. No idea what it is but would really love the pain to go away. Still getting good movements but the pain ebbs and flows and when it's bad I can barely stand or speak, when it's eased off it's still there constantly niggling. Never had this in pregnancy before...

Huds
December 19th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I have a daughter!!! My little girl arrived right on time after a quick water birth. She is perfect and she is a she... I still can't believe it!
We are back home and her brothers adore her. It was amazing to see their reactions and how loving they were/are. So heartwarming!
What an incredible journey it's been. I'm so pleased I found this website and did all I could to get my dream, a dream which has now come true. And I got to 'meet' you lovely ladies too. Very happy and tired Mumma here.x

Awwww im so pleased for u!!! Congratulations.. Girls are fab! Xx

Soar
December 19th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Meeks feel better! So glad you are going in to see what's going on. Pregnancy brings on so many crazy things! You just never know what's next! Feel better and keep us updated please! Praying!

My 4 year old has the flu!!!!! He feels terrible, it's just awful. My OB prescribed Tamiflu for me to start taking as a preventative. But I am nervous to take it. Ugh.....I think I am going to wait and see if I develop any symptoms first. Keep us in your prayers please.

Waiting4Daisy
December 20th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Deleted.

Emily
December 20th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Hello ladies, sorry i have been awol - am back in the UK and have not had access to internet. Am looking forward to reading all the posts.

Waiting4Daisy
December 21st, 2013, 05:28 AM
Deleted.

Tree
December 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM
Soar thinking of you! Waiting, don't worry I wasn't offended! Emily hello! Meeks are you alright?

So I don't know if its all the crazy hormones, but along with total elation at having my baby girl I have also been struggling thinking that that was my last pregnancy... And that now everything - all the phases are 'the lasts'. I can't imagine not being pregnant again and when I try it makes me feel so sad. A fourth isn't out of the question for the future so I don't even know why I've become so fixated on this. Very strange. I guess it does to show even when you get your desired gender your emotions do funny things soon after birth!

Hope everyone is well and happy, not long until Christmas!!

meeks32
December 22nd, 2013, 05:06 AM
Hey ladies, don't have much time but thought I should update you lovely ladies who asked how I was:
I am better, had a shocking tummy pain for a few days and was sent for bloods, urine and a ultrasound but baby is happy and it's nothing serious thankfully, just gastritis (which apparently is inflammation of the stomach lining). I have started coming good today, which I'm thankful about!

I Love Ladybugs
December 22nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
I am glad to hear you are on the mend....sickness or issues in pregnancy make for a worried mama. (((hugs))) Hoping that you feel 100% very soon!!!!!!
Hey ladies, don't have much time but thought I should update you lovely ladies who asked how I was:
I am better, had a shocking tummy pain for a few days and was sent for bloods, urine and a ultrasound but baby is happy and it's nothing serious thankfully, just gastritis (which apparently is inflammation of the stomach lining). I have started coming good today, which I'm thankful about!

onthepond
December 23rd, 2013, 12:36 PM
SO GLAD you are feeling ok Meeks! Keep us posted and even more glad to hear that baby is doing awesome!

Soar
December 24th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Merry Christmas Eve! Hope you guys are feeling good and enjoying your family! Have a great day tomorrow!

myrainbowgirl
December 24th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Huds
December 25th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Merry xmas all! Im not due until the 7th Jan... Guess what my waters broke last night.. :-\

Waiting4Daisy
December 25th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Deleted.

Emily
December 25th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Merry xmas all! Im not due until the 7th Jan... Guess what my waters broke last night.. :-\

How exciting!!!!! I am very jealous:) good luck.

Soar
December 26th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Huds - exciting a surprise early blessing!! Hope the delivery was smooth and easy! Update us when you can!!!!

AFM- i need to vent for a second....we are a mess over here! In the last 7 days my 4 year old had the flu and now my little one has a double ear infection and I have a terrible cold and have lost my voice. Oh this has been a very tough couple of days! My mental health is boarding on insanity going on my 5th night of no sleep taking care of my sick boys and feeling badly myself! I just need us all to get a good nights rest and then I think it will be better! Please let that rest come tonight!!!! We will have a newborn here in 7 days! Eck we can't be sick! Thanks for letting me rant!

Am3a
December 27th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Hi ladies! My team green baby is here! A beautiful little boy! He looks just like his two big brothers!

I tracked for a girl through a fertility clinic.

Having a teeny bit of GD as he is definitely our last baby.

Have had so many family members and friends ask if we were disappointed and whether we'd try again!!! I can't believe people would ask that when he was just born! Ugh!

Anyway, despite all that - he is absolutely beautiful and I'm madly in love with him.

Good luck with all the upcoming bubs! Xx

Waiting4Daisy
December 27th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Deleted.

Soar
December 27th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Am3-congratulations!!!!!!!!! Such exciting news to have your family complete! Post a picture if you can!!!!! We need to see this sweet little guy!

Waiting-it's almost your turn! So excited to hear who's been baking in there! :-)

AFM-took a nap for 4 hours today and the boys did too and I feel so much better. I still have no voice but I will take that over feeling sick. Best news is the boys are feeling pretty good today which is a huge relief! Hoping this is the end of being sick in our home for a long while! :-) Took down all the Christmas decorations today. By this time next week I will have 3 children! I can't believe it! 6 days until we are a family of 5!

myrainbowgirl
December 28th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Huds - Keep us posted!

Am3a - Congrats on sweet baby boy #3! My boy #3 is absolutely gorgeous, sounds like yours is, too! Curious...you tracked for a girl through a fertility clinic? Does that mean HT? Or did you use timing or other methods? Just curious!

Soar - Glad you got some rest and your boys are feeling better. Excited to hear your news and see pics of your little lady!

Hope everyone else is well. We flew across the country to see my family the day after Christmas, and so far having a great time. Despite 14 pieces of equipment (luggage, carry-on bags, and carseats), and 3 kids, the flight was relatively smooth...praying for the same when we fly back on Wednesday!

onthepond
December 28th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Congrats Am3a! How exciting! This is so much more fun now that babies are being born! I cannot believe it! I love that you stayed team green.

Waiting - I cannot wait to hear your news! Getting closer now for sure!

Soar, so glad that you and your family are finally feeling better. This time of year can be SO TOUGH with illness and ickies.

As far as for me, I go back Jan 2nd for another ultrasound at Perinatal to check on the complete placenta previa and also the vasa previa. Please say a prayer or cross fingers and toes, or whatever you can for baby and I - it would mean so much. We are just praying by some miracle that all of this moves up and out of the way. All of this pregnancy has just been scary. I hit 31 weeks this week, though, so hoping baby just stays in, healthy, and cooking!

SO EXCITED to hear more updates! I hope you are all enjoying these holidays with your families!

onthepond
December 28th, 2013, 01:05 PM
HUDS - we are all waiting, waiting, waiting for your update!

Huds
December 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I am soooo sorry for the late reply. I've been so busy with my baby BOY!!!! HEHE! He arrived on boxing day... Crazy few days but he finally made an appearance at 5.25pm. He weighs 7 pounds and arrived two weeks early. We are all.so much in love with him. My gosh changing nappies are a mission.. I have to duck when he starts to pee :-\

aftmjt
December 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I am soooo sorry for the late reply. I've been so busy with my baby BOY!!!! HEHE! He arrived on boxing day... Crazy few days but he finally made an appearance at 5.25pm. He weighs 7 pounds and arrived two weeks early. We are all.so much in love with him. My gosh changing nappies are a mission.. I have to duck when he starts to pee :-\

Congratulations glad your little man is here safe and happy. It's so lovely and strange changing a little boy nappy after girls lol, still find it strange and my little man is over 2 wks old now.

desperate4blue
December 28th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Congratulations glad your little man is here safe and happy. It's so lovely and strange changing a little boy nappy after girls lol, still find it strange and my little man is over 2 wks old now.

Huda and Aftmjt

Im sooooo happy for u ladies! Congrats. All the gd must have disappeared. Pray for us guys!

Waiting4Daisy
December 28th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Deleted.

Am3a
December 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks girls! My gorgeous boy is 2 days old and I'm crazy about him.

I didn't do ht, I tracked with blood tests and had scans to predict ovulation. It took us 6 months to fall pregnant doing this (including one miscarriage) and the last cycle we did I said to my husband it's the last one, and I just want a baby, boy or girl.

Well, here he is... Meet Logan.

Waiting4Daisy
December 29th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Deleted.

desperate4blue
December 29th, 2013, 06:18 PM

I didn't do ht, I tracked with blood tests and had scans to predict ovulation. It took us 6 months to fall pregnant doing this (including one miscarriage) and the last cycle we did I said to my husband it's the last one, and I just want a baby, boy or girl.

Im so glad for u love. Please give more info on ur tracking of ov. Im from the uk and as the tin says desperate4blue! Please PM me if u can. Ta

As above.

meeks32
December 29th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Huds & Am3a - Congratulations!!! I am only just catching up all at once now.

Huds we need a pic and name!!

Am3a I love the name Logan and he is truly soooo sweet. I love seeing the pics and knowing my bubby is not far away either...

36 days to be specific. Who's counting right? LOL, MEEEEEE I even have it on a chalk board for the kids to see and I change the number of days each morning. It helps them understand because after christmas they kept asking where baby was, since I told them she would be here after santa. oops!!

Soar - Glad you got some rest and your boys are feeling better. I can't believe you will be a mum of 3 so soon!! I meant to write to you lots and just have NOT had time. I'm really glad you found a 4hr block to rest and bet that helps a lot. Pump in those multivitamins and take every opportunity to rest that's possible. Is there anyone around to help babysit the boys? Now would be the time to ask for help, even if this is something you NEVER do. Will be watching closely for news, especially since i'm following in your footsteps in just over a month. I tell you what, despite the fact this baby has been a girl on every scan, I am still slightly freaked in case it's wrong, because we now have soooooo much girl stuff (given to us by friends who had their last girls/children) and I threw out loads of boy things to the op shop recently, that I wouldn't use. So it better be right or my kid is going to be the most femininely dressed boy in Australia!! haha. I have pretty much accepted that it's a girl and embraced it, but now feel like I tempted fate and it's too good to be true... surely there has been a mistake. Do you still feel this way? I know we spoke about it a while back.

AFM, my boobs need their own postcode these days. I went to buy ANOTHER new maternity bra, because all my previous ones dont fit, and the lady asked if I left enough room for when my milk comes in. NO I said, because this cup size (E) is the largest they go to in your store, so they'd BETTER NOT keep growing. haaha. I'm going to have to go to one of those specialty shops if they keep this up. The chest circumference is fine, it's just my boobs!!!

On the upside my weight gain slowed down, as many of you said it would. I've held fast for a number of weeks and even lost weight accidentally when I had gastro recently. So that's a plus. But I have spider veins on my legs now, which I never got with either of my first two pregnancies. Guess they match the stretch marks on my belly, lol. Did anyone have these disappear after birth? or is this my latest child bearing tattoo?

I am still working, for at least another 2 weeks I think. Which should leave me just over 2.5 weeks before baby. I hate that i'm having another caesarian but I will admit the one good thing is knowing when baby is coming, and being able to plan accordingly. Speaking of, I've not even packed a hospital bag yet so i'd better actually DO some planning or i'll be caught out!!

How was everyone's Christmas? We travelled around to see family, had family stay with us, had friends stay and finally my mum arrived early when I called her in a haze of tears and asked her to move her interstate flight earlier so she could come help, because I was so overwhelmed. I really thought the pregnancy card would get us out of travel and visitors this year but not so. Nobody seems to CARE what they ask of us, which is interesting. So next year i'm resolving to have Christmas at our place, on Christmas day and tell everyone to come. If they can't, too bad, we aren't going anywhere and we're not having visitors outside of that day. I don't care who thinks i'm a bitch. hahaha

Our plans for new years eve are *drum roll* NOTHING! Stay home, don't tell the kids its new years, and watch a movie on the couch, preferably going to bed at 10pm. hahahaha

Mabel_79
December 30th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Hi ladies,
I've been lurking on this thread for ages and reading posts with interest.
Wondering how the people who swayed girl but had little boys are getting on?
I'm due to give birth to my third boy in two days and swinging between extreme excitement and also worry that I'm not going to love him as much as my other two because I desperately wanted a girl, not another boy.
Hoping all my GD disappears when I meet him!
Xx

meeks32
December 30th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Hi ladies,
I'm due to give birth to my third boy in two days and swinging between extreme excitement and also worry that I'm not going to love him as much as my other two because I desperately wanted a girl, not another boy.
Xx

Mabel I'm not sure where but there is a thread for those who swayed girl and got boys, a few of the ladies I was close with while swaying found it really therapeutic. Can anyone post a link for Mabel? Charlee? Dream?

Waiting4Daisy
December 30th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Deleted.

Soar
December 30th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Meeks- you are sweet! Yes, I had lots of doubts but since we have been doing scans twice a week since 30 weeks bc of my high BP and Diabetes all is good and I have no doubt now. I also have no doubt you are having your daughter as well! :-) Worrying is a moms middle name right?

Only 4 more sleeps till we are a family of 5! I can't believe it! C section is scheduled for Friday at 7:30am! I have to get there at 4:30am for pre op and then she will be here! They are doing it early bc with gest diabetes they don't want her blood sugar levels to be wonky and since techniqually I should be sleeping her levels should be fine with a super early delivery. I'm ready and feeling good about it all. We are letting the boys see her first before any other family so the boys will probably get to the hospital about 8am and then we will be in recovery by 8:30am or so! Can you tell i like a schedule?!!! It's going to be a long day for me and baby but I am really excited for us to be a family and all together so what if my day starts at 3:30am for a delivery? eck! There's plenty of time to sleep in 18 years or so! Hahaha!

Anyway, Meeks I took your idea and made a little countdown for the boys until Friday. They are really enjoying it, thanks for sharing that idea!

Anyone else delivering this week?

Am3a
December 31st, 2013, 05:19 AM
Hi ladies,
Xx

Hi Mabel, I am so in love with my little man, he is absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't swap him for all the newborn girls in the world.

But... I am having terrible GD. Every nurse who comes in asks me what I already have at home and there is always some comment about not having had a girl. I have to realise that this is how it's going to be for the rest of my life. I need to get thicker skin otherwise it's going to wear me down, fast. My sister (who is a doctor and should know better) said to me whilst cuddling my lil man "You know statistically the third son is often gay." I kid you not. I went bananas at her... He was less than 24 hours old when she said this.

Today friends of my husband came to visit and unfortunately they were never able to have children. They tried everything and it just wasn't meant to be. Watching them dote over my son was a big wake up call for me - there are some people who would love ONE child of any gender and here I am feeling miserable because I have 3 perfect, healthy, spirited boys.

I hope the birth of your son went well today. Let us know all about it. If you need to chat, we're all here. xo

Dreamofpink
December 31st, 2013, 07:17 AM
Am3a I totally understand where you're coming from. That's exactly how I feel about my ds3. The GD is still there, but I'm so in love with him! What an insensitive thing for your sister to say! Still, the way I look at ii is, if one of my boys is gay I'll gain another son in due course! :D It's silly but I worry more about divorce for them and not seeing their own children. I'm sorry that you have to learn to come to terms with the GD, is number 4 a definite no-no? Congrats on your little one though, I wish people would just censor their mouths before opening them! :heart:

Mathilde
December 31st, 2013, 08:07 AM
Hi Mabel, I am worried about the same thing, should I tell the midwife of my GD so that they can perhaps offer me extra support.. and so on.. I Know I will feel like Dreamof once I see him and will be the proudest of him anyone can be, but the thought of HER is so overwhelming.. terrified of three children, let alone four.. we´ll see:) Have felt really unusually exhausted lately, so much so that I dragged DH off to the hospital this morning, but all is well:) mid february can in one way not come fast enough, on the other hand: if this is our last then I want him to stay in there forever, as I always mourn the feeling of emptiness and that the magic is gone one they leave me, right now I feel like some fantastic being carrying and keeping this wonderful secret each day! Whish you all a happy new year! Hugs! Mathilde

Waiting4Daisy
December 31st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Deleted.

myrainbowgirl
January 2nd, 2014, 12:56 PM
Congrats, Am3a! I'm so sorry about your GD. I'm afraid I will be the same about DS4...but I am confident I will love him just the same. Not too much longer to go!

Congrats to all you other ladies who are already holding your babies, and looking forward to hearing news/seeing pics from those of you who are next!

Got back from our trip, and the return flight was rough. DS3 wasn't horrible, but he was definitely harder than the flight there...and everything was delayed, takeoff, deboarding, luggage arriving, etc. He was a mess by the end of the flight. We were all exhausted by the time we arrived home 2-3 hours after we expected to. Ugh. Oh well. No travelling for a while for us!

Feeling good physically, have an ultrasound Friday to check fluid, as it was low with DS3 around 34 weeks. I had to go on bedrest till he was born at 38 weeks, so really hoping that isn't the case this time!

myrainbowgirl
January 2nd, 2014, 12:59 PM
I was thinking the other day of those of us pregnant with #4, and thought of BeadinMom...anyone heard from her or know of her news? I know she was team green, but had a girly nub...she hasn't been on here in a while, so I was just wondering about her!

black&gold
January 2nd, 2014, 01:14 PM
Hi ladies,
Xx

Had my 3rd baby 3 weeks ago - a team green surprise boy! (Boy #3 for us) and I can honestly say it was instant love and connection right away. I was never so emotional or instantly obsessed with my other two as I was when I heard "boy" and he was placed in my arms. We honestly were 95% sure it was a girl too.. so many things pointed to girl so we were shocked, but I think my heart actually deep down wanted a boy because there wasn't an ounce of GD. I am so in love and literally haven't thought twice about wanting to try for another, or wishing he was a girl. I'm sure you will be the same. We prayed like crazy before getting pregnant that whatever we had was what God wanted for our family and he is perfection. Exactly what our family needed to become complete! I know you will fall madly in love the second you meet your little one! Good luck xo

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2014, 01:14 PM
Yes I talk to her all the time and she is due in Feb. Still Team Green!!!

Emily
January 2nd, 2014, 03:59 PM

Omg he is gorgeous. Congratulatons and well done you!

AFM still waiting - my boys were on time or a couple of weeks early so this waiting game is new for me. I am booking a sweep tomorrow which i hear is horrid but i really want this pregnancy to be over now as my body is slowly falling apart and DH will have to fly back without me / us if she is m uch later argh!

Emily
January 2nd, 2014, 04:05 PM
Hi ladies! My team green baby is here! A beautiful little boy! He looks just like his two big brothers!

I tracked for a girl through a fertility clinic.

Having a teeny bit of GD as he is definitely our last baby.

Have had so many family members and friends ask if we were disappointed and whether we'd try again!!! I can't believe people would ask that when he was just born! Ugh!

Anyway, despite all that - he is absolutely beautiful and I'm madly in love with him.

Good luck with all the upcoming bubs! Xx

Congratulations. Enjoy this special time and your wonderful new addition.

If anyone else says anything insensitive get them to hold him and smell his head and they will shut right up!

Waiting4Daisy
January 2nd, 2014, 04:48 PM
Deleted.

Soar
January 2nd, 2014, 09:45 PM
Oh Emily maybe we will have them on the same day? I have a scheduled c section for tomorrow January 3rd at 7:30am! Sending you lots of labor dust!

I can't believe this time tomorrow I will be a mom of 3! I am excited but also in disbelief really! This pregnancy has had me on my toes and so in some ways I'm glad she'll be out and I know she is fully baked and ready! I think all my doctors are in shock I made it this far! Almost 39 weeks. Anyway here we are. Now to take a shower and go to sleep!!!! I have to be at the hospital at 4:30am! Yikes!
I will come on and post for sure!

Hope everyone is feeling great! I can't believe I get to hold our baby tomorrow! So excited and nervous! :-)

I Love Ladybugs
January 2nd, 2014, 09:51 PM
That would be so cool if the two of you welcomed babies tomorrow!!!! Congrats to all the other new moms!!!!!!

Oh Emily maybe we will have them on the same day? I have a scheduled c section for tomorrow January 3rd at 7:30am! Sending you lots of labor dust!

I can't believe this time tomorrow I will be a mom of 3! I am excited but also in disbelief really! This pregnancy has had me on my toes and so in some ways I'm glad she'll be out and I know she is fully baked and ready! I think all my doctors are in shock I made it this far! Almost 39 weeks. Anyway here we are. Now to take a shower and go to sleep!!!! I have to be at the hospital at 4:30am! Yikes!
I will come on and post for sure!

Hope everyone is feeling great! I can't believe I get to hold our baby tomorrow! So excited and nervous! :-)

meeks32
January 4th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Oh Soar and Emily I'm really looking forward to news! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while and have very little time now but will check in again tomorrow and see how it all went. Best of luck to you both!

I had a stretch and sweep and lost my mucus plug the next day, then went into labour the day after that, with ds1. So they do work, no matter how uncomfortable.

Soar
January 4th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Bella Grace is here! Born 1-3-14 at 7:49am! C section was great! She is so perfect and alert and her sugar levels evened out last night. She is nursing well and laying right here just as happy as can be! The boys love her already and always ask to hold her. Makes me tear up just thinking about the 3 of them together. She is one very lucky little girl to have her big brothers!

My phone won't let me post a picture. We will be at the hospital till Monday. Trying to get rest in between all the visitors. Looks like we have the rest of the day to ourselves!

Emily-how are you doing? Any news?

meeks32
January 4th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Soar such wonderful news, so glad everything went well. I can't wait to see a pic!!!

Do you mean you are only in hospital one day??? for a c-section? Here in Australia if you are with the public health system the minimum is 3 days, and with private it's 5 (but I checked out after 4).

meeks32
January 4th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Emily, how are you going?

myrainbowgirl
January 4th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Soar - Huge congrats on baby girl!

Meeks - It's Saturday here, and I think she delivered yesterday AM...so that's about 4 days counting Friday. My friends who have gotten C's usually have 4 days in the hospital, vaginal is 2.

AFM - Baby boy looks great! Got to see him yesterday on U/S. I think he looks like DS2. I hope he's a lot like him, because he's my easiest! Here's to hoping!

Emily
January 4th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Congrats soar. Cant wait for the photo:)

Afm, mucus plug came out today but no contractions yet. Well, just BHs i think. They come and go but have been every 20 mins fir the last two hours so hopefully something will happen tomorrow.

meeks32
January 4th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Soar - Huge congrats on baby girl!

Meeks - It's Saturday here, and I think she delivered yesterday AM...so that's about 4 days counting Friday. My friends who have gotten C's usually have 4 days in the hospital, vaginal is 2.

AFM - Baby boy looks great! Got to see him yesterday on U/S. I think he looks like DS2. I hope he's a lot like him, because he's my easiest! Here's to hoping!

oooh of course. It's sunday here so I was thinking THATS MAD! haha

ds2 is my easiest as well, I am terrified that by some cruel twist of fate I will get my girl, but in a bundle of crying and unsettled behaviour, because I can't imagine life is really going to give me both a girl and a dream baby. haha

ds1 was a nightmare, poor kid has allergies so now we know why, but both dh and I are slightly nervous do go there again with number 3. He's a good 4 year old, and very smart and energetic so that's not to say he's not awesome, but still as a 4 year old takes more work and emotional energy than ds2 who is 2.

I just spent yesterday organising some baby things, finally packed my hospital bag, got some bits together at home for baby that I hadn't done yet, etc. I am feeling like it's really real, with 30 sleeps to go. Previously I was like OMG I have ages, but now it feels quite soon. At least now I feel organised enough that if anything happened I can scrape things together and be ready for baby. Before I had so much to do I had no idea how it would all happen in time.

How are you feeling in that way? Am I the only one that left it this late to set up the bassinet and wash the crib sheets??

Huds
January 5th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Congratulations soar. Hope you and baby are well.

Sorry haven't been on for a while. We name our boy Kyle, he's doing great can't believe my little boy is here.

Goodluck to those who are waiting for labour!!!!

I just wondered if anyone knew after birth when can we start exercising? Has anyone got any tips on which diet to follow and exercise. Knowing Kyle is my last baby i just want to get my body back. I have such a flabby belt left over.. Looks like im four months. Haven't put it on elsewhere just the belly. Any suggestions on how to minimize th belly- feeling fat :-\

Mabel_79
January 5th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Hi ladies, just to say my little boy was born on 2nd January after a very quick, intense labour. He was due on 1st jan so obviously realised he was running late : )
He weighed 8lbs 9.5oz with a lot of very dark hair.

He looks just like his two big brothers did when they were born. Both husband and I looked for the boy bits the second he came out just in case they got it wrong and we both admitted to feeling disappointed that they hadn't.

Due to the very quick labour I was feeling pretty dazed and numb afterwards and did feel quite a bit of gender disappointment knowing i will definitely never get my daughter now, but 3 days on I am totally in love with him.

He is absolutely gorgeous and I can't stop cuddling him. He is feeding well, sleeping lots- though only snuggled up in bed with me- he doesn't like his crib much : )
We have named him Tristan and his two big brothers are smitten with him and can't stop looking at him and kissing him. Very cute.

Xx

meeks32
January 5th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Congratulations soar. Hope you and baby are well.

Sorry haven't been on for a while. We name our boy Kyle, he's doing great can't believe my little boy is here.

Goodluck to those who are waiting for labour!!!!

I just wondered if anyone knew after birth when can we start exercising? Has anyone got any tips on which diet to follow and exercise. Knowing Kyle is my last baby i just want to get my body back. I have such a flabby belt left over.. Looks like im four months. Haven't put it on elsewhere just the belly. Any suggestions on how to minimize th belly- feeling fat :-\

Huds I sooooo remember that feeling. I was too hard on myself with ds2 and went hell-for-leather to loose the weight in 3 months. In hindsight that was too fast and I think it affected my milk supply, he ended up on formula and at the time I didn't make the connection that I was loosing weight too fast. Having said that, here are the tips I found worked for me (bearing in mind you should be less full on than I was!!!):

Download the myfitnesspal app (free) if you have an iPhone, I am sure they probably have an android app too though. Set a calorie limit based on how quickly you want to loose weight. I set it at 1200 but in hindsight this was WAY too low. Next time I will be 1400-1600 and focus on high protein more, and include more "good fats" like avocado rather than cutting all fat. Basically this app helps you work out a daily total and stick to it. If you exercise you add that in and it lets you eat more that day. Like weight watchers.

I started with fast walking 30 mins a day, but went up from there. Again, I think I went for too much too soon, I started 4 weeks after my c-section, but the doc later said I should have waited 6 weeks. I got myself a nice fat case of mastitis for this, since I was so run down, followed by thrush. SO DONT GO TOO HARD TOO SOON.

I did work up to jogging about 5km a day eventually, and this was THE ONLY thing that got rid of my belly. I was the same, all belly fat, and it made me feel so gross. I lost the weight technically in 3 months, but the belly didn't improve that much until i'd been jogging consistently for about a month, so maybe 4 months on.

Like I said, that was too soon, I had a lot of health issues due to this stupid notion I needed to be superwoman. This time I'm going to TRY to go slower, maybe 6-8 months to loose it, and I'm not letting myself exercise for 6 weeks after c-section (it's less for natural birth) and I refuse to diet for at least 8 weeks. I would like to start with a fast walk then work up to jogging, and not diet at all until I feel breastfeeding is happening well. I don't want to risk that, and jogging helped my tummy faster than dieting anyway.

Also I would say don't forget those multivitamins if you are going to start diet and exercise for non-sway purposes. They will help you with the energy to do it all.

Emily
January 6th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Congrats on a safe delivery and lovely baby mabel. You are not alone in looking at the bits to confirm gender- that is all i wanted to know with DS2 even though there was never any doubt on the scans. Anyway he had the biggest set of genitalia i have ever seen on a baby so it was clear even from across the room!!!!! I felt the same disappointment followed by the most overpwering love which hasnt stopped to this day. He is an angel and i would never change him.

Huds, you can do pelvic floor exercises immediately after birth but everything else they tell you ti go really slowly on here in the uk. Are you sure it is fat r ather than stretched skin and rubbish muscles? Targeted belly exercises specifically meant for post pregnancy work well (there are a few dvds you can choose from) but you need to make sure you don't injure your already weak muscles - search diastisis recti to check you do not have that (separation of stomach muscles) as if you do some tummy exercises have to be modified or avoided.

Fitness pal i s brilliant and walking is a great toner as well as getting you out if the house which is important as cabin fever sets in pretty quick with me anyway;)

Please share what you decide to do on here - we could even start a losing the wobble thread!!

AFM I had my second sweep today (not nice on an already bruised cervix) and am 2-3 cm dliated with the baby's head right in the cervix - in fact she touched it. How am i not in labour? Arrggh. Right off to run up some stairs if my swollen feet and dodgy pelvis will let me!

meeks32
January 6th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Congrats on a safe delivery and lovely baby mabel. You are not alone in looking at the bits to confirm gender- that is all i wanted to know with DS2 even though there was never any doubt on the scans. Anyway he had the biggest set of genitalia i have ever seen on a baby so it was clear even from across the room!!!!! I felt the same disappointment followed by the most overpwering love which hasnt stopped to this day. He is an angel and i would never change him.

Huds, you can do pelvic floor exercises immediately after birth but everything else they tell you ti go really slowly on here in the uk. Are you sure it is fat r ather than stretched skin and rubbish muscles? Targeted belly exercises specifically meant for post pregnancy work well (there are a few dvds you can choose from) but you need to make sure you don't injure your already weak muscles - search diastisis recti to check you do not have that (separation of stomach muscles) as if you do some tummy exercises have to be modified or avoided.

Fitness pal i s brilliant and walking is a great toner as well as getting you out if the house which is important as cabin fever sets in pretty quick with me anyway;)

Please share what you decide to do on here - we could even start a losing the wobble thread!!

AFM I had my second sweep today (not nice on an already bruised cervix) and am 2-3 cm dliated with the baby's head right in the cervix - in fact she touched it. How am i not in labour? Arrggh. Right off to run up some stairs if my swollen feet and dodgy pelvis will let me!

Lol I always enjoy reading your posts em. Agree re taking it slow with exercise and cabin fever, I think that's why walking and eventually jogging helped me so much, mentally too. I had the separated muscles too, which went back, but not without a lot of convincing!!

Omg I totally did the same thing with checking and ds2. He came out and they showed me over the screen and all I could see was balls! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA he had the most unmistakable genitalia and the angle they showed me at, it was laughably obvious the scan had been right. Dh and I still have a running joke about that. Poor ds1 is a little outsized by his brother. Hehe

I think I'll be craning to see this one too, and make sure she is really a she. Hoping its as obvious!

I'm totally down for a loosing the wobble thread, as long as it can be called "loosing the wobble the sensible way" because I tend towards going mad at it, and want to encourage myself to go slow and easy this time.

Sheesh come on baby Em. I NEED birth pics. Clearly this is all about me and my needs, so hurry up and distract me with some more cute baby photos! ;-)

Waiting4Daisy
January 6th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Deleted.

Huds
January 7th, 2014, 05:24 AM
thanks meeks and Emily. I have downloaded the fitnesspal app... Its fantastic!!!!! Thanks so much for this useful information. Yeah its kinda like stretched skin. Its gone down considerably since birth. But you know when you know its your last baby and you think its time to get your body back into shape. At the moment im not doing any exercise, ill wait for my doc check up first like you ladies have said. But yes doing my pelvic floor exercises. Thanks again for you advice xxx

myrainbowgirl
January 7th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Mabel - Congrats on sweet DS3!

Meeks - Oh no, I have WAY too much to do to get ready! I am feeling overwhelmed with it all, and to make matters worse, there is a possibility we will be transferring across the country at some point (for DH's job) in the relatively near future...so I don't really know if I should put everything in it's "final" place or not! Oh well, I'll figure it out, but I REALLY need to get started.

Emily & GeCon - GL with labor & delivery! Can't wait to hear your updates!

AFM - I am doing fine. Back annoying me a little, so I stopped working out. Started prenatal yoga (just a dvd), and it's helping so much! Can't believe he'll be here in 5-6 weeks...time has flown!

Mabel_79
January 9th, 2014, 01:44 AM

Here's a pic of my little man. I love him so much.

Still have moments where I think about whether my life/ future would be different had my sway worked but right now I'm pretty contented with what I do have.

Xx

Soar
January 9th, 2014, 08:06 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/09/6a6uqu5e.jpg

Sorry I have been MIA! This is a picture from yesterday!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/09/dujype9a.jpg

I finally figured out how to post a picture! Hope everyone is feeling great who has had their LO. Those still baking a sweet baby, yours is coming so soon!!!!!!

Mabel he is so cute and cuddly! Yay for sweet babies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Waiting4Daisy
January 9th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Deleted.

Emily
January 9th, 2014, 04:45 PM
She is here! A beautiful chunky girl weighing just over 4.2kg She took her sweet time (born at 41 weeks) and 32 hrs of labour but is worth the wait

The midwives were amazing and we are home safe and sound the same day. Will post photos soon.

myrainbowgirl
January 9th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Mabel & Soar - Gorgeous babies! Congrats!

Emily - Congrats to you, too! :)

meeks32
January 9th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Mabel and Soar they are just beautiful, Soar I think she's actually smiling in that first swaddled up pic on the left!! This is all making me very ready for baby. Do I really have to wait another 25 sleeps????

Em I saw the pic elsewhere, and she is also lovely. So excited for the baby rush after checking here every day waiting for your little bundles to arrive.

How is everyone going settling in with babies at home, when you have older kids? Any tips?

A friend of mine brought her ds1 Leggo, and said that baby brought it with her, just for ds1. Her ds1 told her years later that he thought Leggo came out of mummy, with baby!!! hahahahaha. That's so far the best baby-giving-sibling-gift story i've heard.

Emily
January 10th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Mabel and Soar congrats on your gorgeous babies and for being smart enough to post pics!!!

Waiting4Daisy
January 10th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Deleted.

Soar
January 10th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Meeks-yes she was smiling in that picture. This is when we realized she has dimples! :-) So cute!!!! You are so close! I know you are so excited! When the boys saw her for the first time she brought them a gift (motorcycles). My DS1 was so impressed that she would know what they like he always shows it to her and says "thanks for my motorcycle!" Whenever he holds her! The gift is a great way for everyone to like baby!!!!!!

meeks32
January 11th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Meeks-yes she was smiling in that picture. This is when we realized she has dimples! :-) So cute!!!! You are so close! I know you are so excited! When the boys saw her for the first time she brought them a gift (motorcycles). My DS1 was so impressed that she would know what they like he always shows it to her and says "thanks for my motorcycle!" Whenever he holds her! The gift is a great way for everyone to like baby!!!!!!

Dimples? Well now that's just an unfair genetic advantage in life, hehe!!

Love the bike story. I have to find something for Lexi to bring the boys soon.

Today I brought her going home outfit. I don't think it could get any more girly if I tried:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/11/ny4a6age.jpg