PDA

View Full Version : Tut tut - another smug and stereotypical mother !!

natalieandbaby
October 11th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Nadia Sawalha: I'm so glad I have girls and not boys! - Parentdish UK (http://www.parentdish.co.uk/celebrity/nadia-sawalha-i-am-so-glad-i-have-girls-and-not-boys-Maddy-Kiki/)

3littleladies
October 14th, 2013, 01:31 AM
The title says 'Im so glad I have girls and no boys', but when you read the article, there's nothing in there that suggests why that is?? unless I missed it??
So I really don't think she's being smug, I just think they picked a very silly title.

1+2+3boys
October 14th, 2013, 01:42 AM
I was waiting to read the paragraph on why that was and it never came. It was just an article about a semi famous persons life really

hotdogz&boyz
October 14th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I see where she said it (asking about how her daughters get along). Which makes the statement even stupider. My boys get along famously and I can also "set them down with something" and they will stay and play using their imaginations. But, apparently, she has believed the stereotypes that boys are messy and rough and loud and hyper. Whatevs. Some girls are too. In fact, I'll put a fairly educated bet on the fact that my daughter is going to be "busier" than my sons. Aka: louder, more active, and so far she is the messiest by FAR!

It's amazing how many people seem to forget that personality is shaped by brain chemistry and genetics...not what's between their legs.

I do, however, agree that the title was exceptionally silly given she only says one line about that in comparison to the rest of the article.

3littleladies
October 14th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Omg I did miss it, here it is;

There's a couple of years between Maddy and Kiki, do they get on?
"Brilliantly! I feel bad saying it but I'm so glad I have girls and not boys! With girls you can sit them down together with a few toys and they stay there and play together, using their imagination and keeping themselves occupied. It's great having a few years between them too as Maddy is so fab with Kiki, and is old enough to set up all the games and help her little sister out."

Even if she believes this is true, I don't know why she would say it, so yes she is being smug!

1+2+3boys
October 14th, 2013, 10:57 PM
And assuming. My partners 8 and 10 year old sons are amazing with our 3 year old son