PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Benadryl for ms?

TTCaPRINCE
October 15th, 2013, 06:12 PM
It's the only thing I can take to be a functioning human being. I took like 4 doses around 6 weeks then got nervous about taking meds so I stopped. But now I'm 9 weeks and the nausea is still here. I took a few doses over the last week. But in still nervous about it. Any other moms use this for morning sickness and their babies turned out just fine? I'd never forgive myself if me taking pills for nausea did something to this baby.

Waiting4Daisy
October 15th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Deleted.

dloui128
October 16th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I never had servere morning sickness, but the times that I didn't feel so well my dr told me to take b6 and some over the counter sleep medicine, maybe it was unisom I can't remeber exactly. I never ended up trying it, maybe call your dr and ask if you can do that

Happylane
October 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Hi Prince,
I'm in the same boat as you with the MS. My doctor also told me I could safely take Benadryl. I have been hesitant though because I have 3 kids under 5 1/2 and was told it could make me really, really tired. I've been pushing through with the MS and at 11w2d I sure wish it would start to let up. I figure another 2 weeks and I will round the bend.
Do you have your NT scan booked yet? Mine is one week from today. I'm excited but a bit nervous to get a peak at that nub. Hoping for a clear shot! :) hope all is well otherwise! :)

TTCaPRINCE
October 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Prince,
I'm in the same boat as you with the MS. My doctor also told me I could safely take Benadryl. I have been hesitant though because I have 3 kids under 5 1/2 and was told it could make me really, really tired. I've been pushing through with the MS and at 11w2d I sure wish it would start to let up. I figure another 2 weeks and I will round the bend.
Do you have your NT scan booked yet? Mine is one week from today. I'm excited but a bit nervous to get a peak at that nub. Hoping for a clear shot! :) hope all is well otherwise! :)

I gave in and started taking it. I just take it at night so I sleep through the drowsyness and I feel great the next day. Then around 24 hours later the next night I started feeling sick again and take some more benadryl! My NT scan is in 2 weeks and I am also hoping for a nub shot!!!