PDA

View Full Version : Should I do BSF?

TTC5
May 25th, 2011, 06:20 PM
CD 7 and wondering should I do a bsf each day now?

I am just not sure!!

My p yesterday was 6.6.. O is due around 1st - 7th June.

Can you tell how nervous I am, lol :nails:

Kris217
May 25th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I am wondering the same thing! If i were to do it, I wouldn't do it the day of DTD. I just wouldn't want to risk harming the sperm, bs is something they're not used to so it kinda worries me.

TTC5
May 25th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I am thinking of not using it at all?
1. I do not want to over alkaline my body and kill the sperm off.
2. I don't want to mask my natural ewcm and risk not knowing what is what!

Who here did not do it/did do it?

Kris217
May 26th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I'd like to know if anyone used it and got pregnant that time, i think to put your mind at ease it would be better for you not to use it. I just think it's a foreign product that we're not used to putting up there so i have a weird feeling about it. Not saying it doesn't help, i just don't know if i could do it.

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Do you know what your pH is Kris?

Kris217
May 26th, 2011, 08:40 AM
No idea, those silly strips don't pick it up. I'm not going to worry about testing my PH.

begonia
May 26th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I'd like to know if anyone used it and got pregnant that time, i think to put your mind at ease it would be better for you not to use it. I just think it's a foreign product that we're not used to putting up there so i have a weird feeling about it. Not saying it doesn't help, i just don't know if i could do it.

A LOT of ladies used BSF (and frequently) and got pg with boys! You can read through the sways on IG and here and see most gals did, even those that skipped eggwhites and such usually did a BSF. Not saying it's a must though b/c personally I'm not a huge believer in the pH thing. I'm planning to do 1 BSF only 1 hour before DTD, not a ton of them all week long.

Honestly TTC5 your natural pH is strong. I'd probably either not mess with it or only do one.

gizmo77
May 26th, 2011, 11:02 AM
i kind of agree with begonia, doing it every day for a week prob wont help change your body since they say the affects only last 4 hrs right? if anything id just do it an hr before..thats what i plan to do. but i AM going to test it in the months prior to see if it changes my pH. can you do that maybe see if it makes a diff? in MY unprofessional opinion, if the pH does change (gets higher) but lower than 9.9 then it should be okay for the sperm. but i also see what you guys up there are saying that its a "foreign product." but if it worked for others it may work for you. test it first!!! if anythging just do it a couple times the day of DTD if you wnat to be sure...?? sorry for not much help

Flava
May 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I would do it before DTD like begonia said and that's it.

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys! I did a bsf last night just for the fun of it lol and will see what my pH reads today... see if it is only a short term thing hey!!

My Fabulous Children
May 28th, 2011, 03:07 AM
I would do BSF 2X a day, 3-4 days prior to O.

My Fabulous Children
May 28th, 2011, 03:11 AM

Me I did BSF 5 days before the attempt 2x a day. I got pregnant with a boy.

TTC5
May 28th, 2011, 04:21 AM
So how much bs do we put on our finger?

Kris217
May 28th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Me I did BSF 5 days before the attempt 2x a day. I got pregnant with a boy.

Great! So just lightly dip our finger in the BS and stay away from the cervix right?

TTC5
May 28th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Could we use a Q-Tip (ear bud) moisten it with say pre seed and roll it in some BS and use that to insert? I tried with my finger but worried I get too much BS?

TTC5
May 28th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Great! So just lightly dip our finger in the BS and stay away from the cervix right?

We will be trying pretty close to each other just saw your updated sig!!! =D

Kris217
May 28th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Yes I know!! Good luck to us! LOL and everyone else who may be trying! :)

TTC5
May 28th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Us blue swayers have had a rough trot lately I think we deserve to see some bfp's next month!

Kris217
May 28th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Oh definitely!!!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
I am thinking of not using it at all?
1. I do not want to over alkaline my body and kill the sperm off.
2. I don't want to mask my natural ewcm and risk not knowing what is what!

Who here did not do it/did do it?
:agree: :agree: :agree:

Your pH is good and it will probably go up even more. I just look around and see that all the 3 billion males walking around the planet, very very few of them were conceived with BSF. I just don't see how baking soda is in any way required to conceive a baby boy. Maybe if you weren't doing anything else, but you've changed your diet and done supps and stuff.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM

Yep! Just wet your finger a bit and insert. Don't touch the cervix itself but you want it near the cervix.

Oh and I know that Big Sky Country also used BSF and conceived a boy.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 08:48 AM
Could we use a Q-Tip (ear bud) moisten it with say pre seed and roll it in some BS and use that to insert? I tried with my finger but worried I get too much BS?

Yes, you could do that if you like.

TTC5
June 5th, 2011, 01:54 AM
I ended up doing just that :)

My Fabulous Children
June 5th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Yep! Just wet your finger a bit and insert. Don't touch the cervix itself but you want it near the cervix.

Oh and I know that Big Sky Country also used BSF and conceived a boy.

That's how I do it.