PDA

View Full Version : Ramzi me Pls! 8wks abdominal US I posted before & no1 replied but replied to all the other Ramzi Req

evaeads1985
October 20th, 2013, 12:40 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/e7a5u6ap.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/e2yhe2a3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/esy3atan.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/uby2y6uh.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/yny6y6yz.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/9u5y6eha.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/u3y4eju6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Calidreaming
October 20th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I'm a total noob. It's really hard for me to tell where the placenta is. There is one pic where I think I see a yolk sac on the left, so for an abdominal ultrasound that would correspond to your left side, which would mean a girl. The yolk sac is not the placenta, but the placenta generally forms on the same side as the yolk sac.

evaeads1985
October 20th, 2013, 01:32 PM
can you please tell me which picture you think you see the yolk sac in? Also I read If it's an abdominal us when you look at the pic it's reversed so whatever side its on then u switch it to the other side. (But who Knws Lol) i didn't knw about the Ramzi theory before my us so didn't think to ask! Im jus anxious/nervous & stressed! My first Born is a son & My Husband has 3 sons from prior marriages/relations so he has $ Boys

Calidreaming
October 20th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I think I see it in the 4th pic with the colored frame. Also, it seems the baby is seems to be situated in the left side, which if it's early enough is a good approximation of where the placenta will be.

Yes I've read that abdominal ultrasounds are mirror images, but a mirror image means that right side of the image=right side of the body. If you hold up your right hand in a mirror, you will see your hand raised on the right side of the mirror. An example of a non-mirrored image is if you are facing someone and go to shake their right hand--you're going to reach to the left side of your body. I think this is what is causing a lot of confusion in using this method.

evaeads1985
October 20th, 2013, 09:03 PM
can you please tell me which picture you think you see the yolk sac in? Also I read If it's an abdominal us when you look at the pic it's reversed so whatever side its on then u switch it to the other side. (But who Knws Lol) i didn't knw about the Ramzi theory before my us so didn't think to ask! Im jus anxious/nervous & stressed! My first Born is a son & My Husband has 3 sons from prior marriages/relations so he has $ Boys

I meant he has 4 boys no girls

evaeads1985
October 20th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I think I see it in the 4th pic with the colored frame. Also, it seems the baby is seems to be situated in the left side, which if it's early enough is a good approximation of where the placenta will be.

Yes I've read that abdominal ultrasounds are mirror images, but a mirror image means that right side of the image=right side of the body. If you hold up your right hand in a mirror, you will see your hand raised on the right side of the mirror. An example of a non-mirrored image is if you are facing someone and go to shake their right hand--you're going to reach to the left side of your body. I think this is what is causing a lot of confusion in using this method.

Ok say I have one more question so r u seeing the yolk sac baby on the right which turns into the left side due to the example that you written above? Thanks for all ur advice I really appreciate it

hotdogz&boyz
October 20th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I'd guess boy. But I don't put a lot of stock in the theory. It's hard to tell which images are flipped and which aren't. The tech can flip it however they want. Your picture with the yolk sac (4th down) appears to be upside down based on the sono pic shape. And then the Doppler scans have more activity on the right side if the frame (bottom pic). Just a guess though.

toomanyboys
October 21st, 2013, 07:14 AM

Now you really got me confused......the way I think of a transverse is that the sonographer faces you the wand will be placed on your tummy facing you. So when they place the wand picks up something on the left side of your uterus the image to you will appear as your right side and visa versa. So the image produced is transverse to you. Imagine someone faces you and films you that means that whatever is in your left hand they will seem its on their right and so the image printed is a transverse image and flipped. Correct me if I am wrong. I also do not understand why that should be any different to a vaginal ultrasound. But I suppose because the sonographer is facing you they need to see the image form their perspective rather than yours to make the right assessment.

Calidreaming
October 21st, 2013, 01:41 PM
Now you really got me confused......the way I think of a transverse is that the sonographer faces you the wand will be placed on your tummy facing you. So when they place the wand picks up something on the left side of your uterus the image to you will appear as your right side and visa versa. So the image produced is transverse to you. Imagine someone faces you and films you that means that whatever is in your left hand they will seem its on their right and so the image printed is a transverse image and flipped. Correct me if I am wrong. I also do not understand why that should be any different to a vaginal ultrasound. But I suppose because the sonographer is facing you they need to see the image form their perspective rather than yours to make the right assessment.

I'm not a sonographer, but transverse just means side to side and has no bearing on whether the image is flipped. I'm not sure why the abdominal ultrasounds produce mirror images and the vaginal ones don't, but that is just the general consensus from what I can gather online.

Calidreaming
October 21st, 2013, 01:44 PM
Ok say I have one more question so r u seeing the yolk sac baby on the right which turns into the left side due to the example that you written above? Thanks for all ur advice I really appreciate it

In the pic I'm talking about the yolk sac is to the left of the baby. But another poster has pointed out that the pic may be upside down, so that would change things.

evaeads1985
October 21st, 2013, 11:54 PM
I'd guess boy. But I don't put a lot of stock in the theory. It's hard to tell which images are flipped and which aren't. The tech can flip it however they want. Your picture with the yolk sac (4th down) appears to be upside down based on the sono pic shape. And then the Doppler scans have more activity on the right side if the frame (bottom pic). Just a guess though.
Ok when she performed the abdominal test she was more to the right side which would be the left side bc it's mirrored right?

evaeads1985
October 21st, 2013, 11:57 PM
I'm not a sonographer, but transverse just means side to side and has no bearing on whether the image is flipped. I'm not sure why the abdominal ultrasounds produce mirror images and the vaginal ones don't, but that is just the general consensus from what I can gather online.
all I can say is when i had the abdominal us done she was always on the rigtht side so the mirrored affect would mean left right? Hopefully i can get in contact with the lady who did my us and ask her I also have a video if that might help

evaeads1985
October 22nd, 2013, 12:00 AM
Sorry I got you confused lol I am too all i can say is when i was laying on my back and she preformed the abdominal us she found it on the right side which would ultimately be the left side correct? I also have a video of it thanks for all ur help

Cassabirdy
October 23rd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Looks like the majority of the placenta or "white bit" is bottom right of the picture. Which means girl according to,the theory. Both vaginal and abdominal scans are done in mirror image as default but can be flipped.

I actually sort out Dr Saad Ramzi Ismail and asked his opinion on my ultrasound. He was very helpful.

evaeads1985
November 26th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Thanks it was confirmed a girl!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

3littleladies
November 26th, 2013, 03:39 AM
That's awesome, Congratulations!
Is that your motorbike? I ride also!