PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Girl confirmed..

newmommy
October 23rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
we got 21 week ultrasound scanning and tech confirmed its a girl again.
She also told its not 100% sure. But everyone who looked at the scanning pic confirming for sure its a girl. I am not able to digest this fact at all. I don't know how to get over it.

nuthinbutpink
October 23rd, 2013, 08:04 PM
Well, when I found out about my third, it was in an envelope with a picture. I was sure it was a boy based on how the tech had been with us. But it wasn't. I hadn't seen it with my own eyes so I decided to schedule a 3D scan to confirm for myself. It helped with the GD some. To see her face- it wasn't a gender anymore it was a human being. I was still very sad I wasn't getting my son but it helped me bond with the new daughter we were going to meet.

Don't take a healthy baby for granted though. We didn't know until a few years after her birth that she has a generic issue. A healthy baby is a blessing. Really.

You have to go through a grieving process. For me, I didn't regret the daughter that was coming, I was mourning the vacancy I still felt. Shortly after finding out I told my husband I didn't feel done. I started looking into topics around being sad I was having another girl and found the info about HT. I began researching that and that helped me through it. It was a possibility and it helped pull me through.

I hope you can find something that will pull you through. Three of a kind is special. All of my girls are unique and they are doing some really cool stuff now. I have learned something from each of them too. Especially my third.

3littleladies
October 23rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Im sorry you didnt hear boy, I know how you're feeling, Ive been there, its horrible I know, but I promise you it gets easier, give yourself time to feel all the emotions you're going through, its hard to imagine it now but once she's here you will fall in love with her especially when she grows to an age where her personality is showing, my third dd is so special to me, all my girls are but there's something extra special about my third, I hope you feel the same way one day.

Mum to three girls
October 24th, 2013, 07:01 AM
I think there's something initially very hard about having the third of one gender. But - and I know it's a cliche - the third seems to end up extra special. My 3rd DD is a delight and I can't imagine not having her. DH, who was more disappointed than I was when we found out she was a girl, now refuses to admit he ever wanted her to be a boy.

It's lovely having a wee boy now but after her I felt ok going for a 4th as we knew that we'd love any baby once they'd arrived, regardless of gender.

carameline
October 24th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Hi x

I totally get how you feel, I have 3 boys and the gender scan of my third son was tough going. **hugs**

But just thought I'd say (as somebody who imagined only having girls when I was young) that I think 3 little girlies is pretty damn special, they'll never experience loneliness, have amazing hen nights/weddings, and you're guaranteed to be taken out shopping when you're an oldie. I still dream of 2 or three girls...

Lots of love, take care x