PDA

View Full Version : TCM Chinese Acupuncture, Acupressure, Herbs and all

n710
October 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Ladies,
Just wondering what you all have tried out there in terms of TCM and what was everyone's experiences.

Can't do the acupuncture now, it's $65 a session here,insurance doesn't cover. I did try the herbs from the acupuncturist last month, but had way more cramps before my period and was also emotional the whole week before.

She never did tell me what my deficiency was, but I am trying to figure out from reading the stuff online. Spleen, Yang, Yin, Qi, etc.

Anyone try acupressure? I am also trying to research that online,although some seem hard to do yourself.

atomic sagebrush
October 25th, 2013, 11:13 AM
I just posted an article about this. I would proceed with caution with TCM, it is not some time honored tradition that the proponents claim that it is. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/swaying-studies-scientific-research/35729-traditional-chinese-medicine.html

It doesn't mean that some of it doesn't work, but just that you should investigate each component based on its merits and avoid anythign that hasn't been studied at least somewhat for safety, let alone efficacy.

n710
October 27th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I am definitely wary of the herbs, but was thinking about trying some acupressure on my own.

Interesting article, it does make a lot of sense, otherwise tcm would already be more widely known and accepted if it worked universally.

Thanks AS, I think I will try some of the acupressure points for stress as this whole secondary infertility has been stressful this past year.

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Yes that's what I have always felt too - if it worked well and reliably, then it would be common practice instead of the drugs. I don't buy into the pharmaceutical conspiracy theories, when somethign really does work the drug companies just find better ways of doing the same thing and then sell it back to us lol.

Acupressure at home can't mess anything up like the herbs do and it's free! Win win! :)