PDA

View Full Version : Intuition for the gender

iHeartM
October 27th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I wasn't sure where to put this thread but I guess I'll put it here.

Has your intuition for the gender been right for your pregnancies? Do you think that it is something you can trust?

Since I found out I was pregnant I have (on and off) had a strong feeling that I am carrying a boy. I'm not sure if I can trust this intuition or if it is just a coping mechanism for me...like I keep telling myself that it's a boy so if it is I won't be as shocked/disappointed. Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that my family is incredibly boy heavy...there haven't been two sisters for 3 generations and many families have 3 or more boys. I know my intuition isn't always right because at the beginning I also had a funny feeling that I might be carrying twins (I'm not). I was trying for a girl sway but the last couple weeks before we conceived it went out the window because we had family in town...I didn't stick with the diet at all. My ramzi shot looks boy imo and also to a friend that is an u/s tech (she didn't do the scan).

I know some people are different though and have the intuition of a specific gender because that is also their desired gender...what do you think? Was your intuition right?

trifecta
October 27th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I thought my first was a girl but he was a boy (fine with me--I wanted a boy first). By the time the big U/S came I knew my second was a boy and I was right.

Kitty0911
October 27th, 2013, 09:22 PM
With my first I knew he was a boy by 6 weeks. I wanted him to be a girl, but my intuition kept pushing it away. My intuition was right. (I didn't find out the sex and still bought boy clothes...that was risky, but I was pretty confident)
With my second I desperately wanted a girl, but again I just had a gut feeling it was another boy. I was right again.
With this one I knew even before I became pregnant that this one was going to be a boy. I have had tons of dreams of him being a boy (or even twin boys). I have an ultrasound on Thursday so I will see if I am right. Thinking this one is a boy has made the idea of finding out he is a he at the ultrasound seem less disappointing. I am fully prepared and expect to see a little "turtle" for his potty shot and I'm kind of excited because I want to buy some cute clothes already!! I have been keeping a file on my computer of all the cute boy clothes I find on the internet. It's made the disappointment hit a lot less.

hotdogz&boyz
October 27th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I knew my first was a boy from the beginning. I remember saying to folks "we don't mind what the baby is, but I know it's a boy." We found out at 13 weeks that I was absolutely right. And again at every sonogram from there on out! Lol.

With my second, I wanted a girl. I thought *maybe* it was a girl. But I never had a strong intuition. I did buy a girl outfit before our gender scan. I was only mildly surprised and disappointed that he was a boy. So I wouldn't say it was right or wrong, really. I just wasn't sure.

My third, I knew without a shadow of a doubt it was a boy. I looked at boys clothes, had a boy name that I loved. Despite swaying, I knew we were adding our third son to our family. I was dead wrong. And almost fell off the table when the tech said girl.

I can't say I really feel intuition is anything to be trusted. I think feelings, desires, and even guesswork OWTs can throw off our "intuition."

iHeartM
October 28th, 2013, 05:27 AM
I've been pinning boy stuff too! I agree, it helps to try to get excited. It also helps to be around other boy moms that love having boys! I know someone who has 3 boys and that is exactly how she wanted her family to be...her enthusiasm about having another boy rubs off.

Adia
October 30th, 2013, 02:35 PM
With all 3 of my children I had strong dreams that I was having a boy....I have three girls. I no longer put much stock into anything other than the black and white sonogram of boy or girl parts!!!

The Anchor
October 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I thought my first was a boy. Nope.
Was CONVINCED my second was a boy. Yep.
So I guess I'm 50/50...

WillowsGirl
November 12th, 2013, 10:24 AM
My "intuition" is 50/50 but I think it's just because I "predicted" the gender I really wanted both times.

maria02
November 23rd, 2013, 11:54 PM
I was positive it was twins- nope. Then I was positive it was a boy- nope.
I did really want twins and a boy though, so that probably influenced it.
I think I'll be too scared to guess next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)