PDA

View Full Version : 20 week scan, dreaming girl but was told boy

ruby14
October 27th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Swaying Pink

Hello,

My husband and I are dreaming pink for our first child and I would really appreciate some advice on our swaying method. I am now 20 weeks pregnant. The 12 week scan wasn’t clear enough to show any nub or even skull theory as the baby’s head is angled one way or the other in the pictures. We have just had our 20 week scan and the sonographer said it was a boy. We were shocked and felt very disappointed, but are gradually coming to terms with it. Instinctively I felt I was carrying a little girl too so aside from our swaying tactics, neither of us expected to hear boy.

I’ve listed the things we did to hopefully sway. Unfortunately, we did encounter an issue (my heart sank when it happened) but it was too late to do anything about it – I ovulated 3 days earlier than expected, which made our timing very tight.

• I took calcium and magnesium supplements for 6 weeks before conception
• I followed a high calcium and magnesium diet for girl for 6-8 weeks before conception
• Lots of milk and dairy, little protein, low salt, little/no potatoes, little sugar, no caffeine, little/no alcohol, mineral water only
• Prior to that did a high protein diet, slow carb diet, which was low calorie (approx. 900-1000 cals a day – Tim Ferris’ 4 Hour Body Diet)
• Me and husband took pregnacare conception for a month prior to conception
• Husband wore tight fitting underwear daily for 2 -3 weeks prior to conception, wore them regularly but not quite every day for around 2 months prior to conception
• Husband would try to keep groin warm – had hot baths, Jacuzzis, etc.
• Husband also did girl diet for 3-4 weeks prior to conception, just in case that made a difference, but was not something we read about needing to do
• I tracked ovulation by BBT and CM for 6-7 months prior to conception and via ClearBlue Fertility monitor for 3 months prior to conception
• Avg cycle is 32 days give or take a day, ovulation always seemed to occur between days 17 to 19
• Swaying pink, we aimed to stop DTD 4 days before ovulation and had intercourse on day 10, day 11 and day 13, missionary, no orgasm for me and jumped and dumped (no further DTD)
• Up to this point I had all low readings on CBFM. Day 14 came and it was ‘peak’ – no high day to warn me that an early ovulation was coming.
• Day 14 I had wet CM but no EWCM until day 15. Of course all this was too late as we had already DTD on day 13, which was not planned to be so close to ovulation.
• To our surprise and delight we had a positive pregnancy test 2.5 weeks later
• Additionally, we also checked the Chinese gender chart prior to conception to ensure we would be conceiving at the right time for a girl outcome.

I may just be in denial but I can’t help but feel the sonographer was wrong. Neither of us could clearly see the penis on the potty shot, nor could we see 3 lines or a burger. The baby kept moving to the wrong position and it made it very difficult for her to take all the necessary measurements. She did the gender check very quickly considering. Then she showed us a profile shot (side view of the baby) with it’s legs straight. We did see something in profile but from other posts I’ve read, you can only tell gender correctly from the potty shot. I have read lots of examples were people were told a boy and it was a girl.

I would really appreciate your views – I know we are being hopeful.

Thanks

nuthinbutpink
October 27th, 2013, 05:25 PM
We'd need to see the picture. You can verify gender with a profile shot at 20 weeks. Many ultrasounds techs do that. Even the best sways result in opposites. If you care to post your pic, we will be happy to give you our opinion.

ruby14
October 27th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Hi,

Thank you - unfortunately we didn't get a copy of the profile picture or the potty shot. We were just shown on the screen. Here's the best image we have that may show something, but I think it's unlikely.

Many thanks

nuthinbutpink
October 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Nope. Without a picture, it's anyone's guess! If you google profile 20 week ultrasound scans, you can see what a boy looks like with a profile shot.

ruby14
October 27th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Yes, I thought so! I wish we had realised we didn't have a picture of it when we were there.

In your opinion, do you think the timing could have jeopardised our sway? Also, any other feelings of gender from the skull shape?

Thanks

nuthinbutpink
October 27th, 2013, 09:16 PM
There is no proof timing does anything to sway.

Mrs.tinkerbell
November 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Just wanted to say my first I was told boy from profile shot and he is all boy but boys really are lovely and although you wanted a girl you will soon realise when hes born just how loving funny and happy boys are. I didnt sway for my boy but did have a very boy friendly diet. I dont think timing counts as my boy was conceived day 10 and im not pregnant with a girl I conceived on day 13 day I ov. Good luck with rest of pregnancy and congrats on your boy xx