PDA

View Full Version : JUNE/JULY/AUGUST 2014 DUE DATE CLUB

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

prayforprincess
January 16th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Congrats on your girl Lunasa!

jmm - my guess is girl

I had my 8 week u/s yesterday and everything looked perfect. Found out I am exactly 8w3d which means we dtd on o day. We had always dtd before o day with the boys so hopefully things are different.

I can empathize with all of you on how scared you are about your scans etc.
I am terrified. The u/s tech told me that at my 12 wk scan they can most likely tell me gender. I don't want to know that early. I agree with other posts -- its just too early and you don't have time to bond yet before feeling the sting. I found out at 12 weeks with ds2 & ds3 and it tore me apart. I don't want that again. I want to wait til my 18 week the end of March and have a definite boy or girl because the parts are there. I am terrified to hear another boy and have to face the idea of never having a daughter. On the flip side, since I didn't sway, I just feel like what are my chances of being that lucky to hear girl -- it just won't happen. Truly, this gender thing is on my mind nearly hour by the hour. Part of me wants to know at 12 weeks so I can just stop thinking about it already. But I am scared if they make the wrong guess and I deal with "its a boy" for a month and am all depressed if its really a girl/ or "its a girl" and then get crushed 4 weeks later to hear "oops sorry its really a boy". kwim?

aidansmum
January 16th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Hi Ladies

Well today I'm on a huge downer and I wanted to ask you a question. Do you believe in DNA blood test to find out gender?
Mine came back with what I didn't want to hear and now I'm upset and don't know what to believe anymore only that I am doomed to have yet another boy. The odds were against me from the start but I guess I have to come to the realisation that we could be destined to have four boys. Its just that we swayed so hard and tried everything that we were sure after all we did and even abstaining for 9 days that nothing would even survive and all my hopes were so high now I'm not certain about anything but its never going to happen for me. For some reason I'm just not meant to have a girl in my life.

I'm so sorry you didn't get the result you wanted :( In the end it's all a toss of a coin really. No matter how well you try to prepare yourself there's always some level of disappointment. Hang in there and come to us if GD gets too hard. I am bracing myself to find out the gender in about two weeks. I feel there's BOY coming on my blood result as well.

aidansmum
January 16th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks bunny for giving me some hope. I'm surely keeping my fingers crossed but trying not to rely too much on anything until I know for sure, I don't want GD to bring me to my knees, really trying to convince myself I'll be fine, regardless, but always hoping to hear pink. If I hear boy again I'll probably shed some tears for the daughter I'll never have and love my new little boy with all I've got.

aidansmum
January 16th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Just for some fun now, these guys predict your baby's gender by your lunar calendar. But you have to know exactly the day you di the deed. This was my prediction.

"Dear Monica,

Thank you for trying out the free Baby Gender Prediction Techniques.

According to my calculations the gender of your baby is a GIRL.

For the moment, the total accuracy rate of the methods is about 80%.

If intercourse occurs on the date of the lunar cycle phase return, the
accuracy rate is +90% (only some exceptions from hundreds of cases so far).

However, in case you conceived a child in-between the lunar phase returns,
the methods are not yet clear-cut (accuracy rate 70%) and need further
research.

Also, the methods I use fully rely on the exact day of sexual intercourse.
In case you don't or didn't know this day (exactly), the prediction may be
off too. "

Sounds promising hey? :)

Astrological Compatibility Advice From Cosmic Technologies (CosmiTec) (http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/)

momof3boyz11
January 16th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Menlc611 well said and I agree! 9 more days and I will know! I am excited but nervous at the same time

momof3boyz11
January 16th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Just for some fun now, these guys predict your baby's gender by your lunar calendar. But you have to know exactly the day you di the deed. This was my prediction.

"Dear Monica,

Thank you for trying out the free Baby Gender Prediction Techniques.

According to my calculations the gender of your baby is a GIRL.

For the moment, the total accuracy rate of the methods is about 80%.

If intercourse occurs on the date of the lunar cycle phase return, the
accuracy rate is +90% (only some exceptions from hundreds of cases so far).

However, in case you conceived a child in-between the lunar phase returns,
the methods are not yet clear-cut (accuracy rate 70%) and need further
research.

Also, the methods I use fully rely on the exact day of sexual intercourse.
In case you don't or didn't know this day (exactly), the prediction may be
off too. "

Sounds promising hey? :)

Astrological Compatibility Advice From Cosmic Technologies (CosmiTec) (http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/)

I bet like everything else it excludes multiples. I wanted to get the maternity 21 test but I couldn't do that either :-(God is teaching me patience

aidansmum
January 16th, 2014, 06:34 PM
momof3boyz, I didn't see anything about twins, but maybe if you go to their website you'll find something about it? It must be difficult to be excluded from all these funny little gender games online, but it's all for fun anyway. :)

dreams529
January 16th, 2014, 06:51 PM
menlc611 sorry you went through so much with DS2. Fingers crossed on the 25th you hear confirmation of your DD!!

momof3boyz11
January 16th, 2014, 07:00 PM
momof3boyz, I didn't see anything about twins, but maybe if you go to their website you'll find something about it? It must be difficult to be excluded from all these funny little gender games online, but it's all for fun anyway. :)

It's ok. It is teaching me to be patient.

dreams529
January 16th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Aidansmum sounds promising & supper cool!

menlc611
January 16th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Aidansmum where do you go once on the main page? I'm confused lol

aidansmum
January 16th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Aidansmum where do you go once on the main page? I'm confused lol
I'm not even sure....sorry :) I think I went to the FREE GENDER PREDICTION bit but I followed an online link, not their main page. Sorry.

menlc611
January 16th, 2014, 08:45 PM
No worries!!! :)

Mumto3boys
January 17th, 2014, 03:43 AM
Thanks :) sorry everyone for getting you down - your like my free psychologists or friends that I feel completely comfortable with pouring my heart out cause you UNDERSTAND. Heres the thing my story may be slightly different from others...??

I did not have a relationship with my grandmother, but my mum we are so close that I long to share a bond the same and I fear for the day she's not here, I also have an older sister 6 years older and we have never really been close with such a gap, she was also bigger than me so no sharing clothes, no shoes, and when I became a 'woman' she wasn't there to help me and my mum wasn't too much help in this area :/
Anyhow my little sister who I was extremely close to became 'transgender' from about 18 and at the time was so hard to lose a sister almost as she had died and was reborn my brother? Years later now he's still the same person just different and I love him just the same, but a part is lost and always will be. So I guess I'm still somewhat in mourning. Oh and we all think we're going to have granddaughters? well that's what my MIL felt and her two sons one won't have kids and mine produces boys so that sux for her too.

Then at my wedding this so called 'psychic' friend of the family stood up to say her congratulations and told my 100+ guess that our first baby would be a girl of course I was happy about that - she even told me that she would look just like me on my wedding day! but now it just leaves me angry that somehow she put a voodoo on me? lol

Anyway that's my guff! today was a different day and I'm doing okay - I went to the doctors to book my referral for scan and put it to her about these tests and in her professional opinion said the mothers blood and babies blood is separate and unless they took blood directly from the baby itself. She does believe cells from previous babies stay in your system for a long time but the baby in you has a different blood supply to your own and is separated by a membrane for should it mix at any point it may actually cause complications. So I'm going into it with an open mind and believe the ultrasound or even better at birth :)

Greasemonkey I really hear you, its the people around you that make it extremely difficult. Purely and simply they don't understand and you get the same what about the people who can't have children or have abnormalities... and yes its true I feel horrible and selfish but at the same time its a different situation and my saying is "if you can't walk a mile in my shoes then don't judge, period" ... and if any stranger chooses to comment about me having boys I have changed from laughing it off or feeling stink to replying yes I do aren't I clever.

Family are the worst! and "Friends" can be cruel but instead I choose to hold my head high and think yes I can get pregnant actually first time round, I am built to push out babies all 3 being under 3 hours drug free - and most of all their all healthy so for that I'm thankful for being one tough mudda! :)

So I will ask you the question do you have anything you would like to get off your chest? and what is something positive you have learned this experience?

Nats

Mumto3boys I completely understand all that you are saying. Damn symptoms can be so misleading I really felt this was a girl also. My symptoms are the same as with my DD. I have spent way to many days sick, really sick & miserable. I hoped that was because of my DD & that made the sickness ok. Once I heard DS so many thoughts went through my mind. There are moments that I have asked is it all worth it, but than I remember all of those who have suffered loss & I remind myself that as sad I was to hear boy I would feel much worse if the promise of this child was no longer here. I also knew it wasn't fair for me to feel so down as I do have a DD but it did & does still brake my heart. Yes I wanted her to have a sister & I guess I'm still coping with the loss of my Grandmother a few months ago. This DD was supposed to be named after her. I guess in my own grief I made myself believe that I would have another DD named after her & it would be my connection to her. Hearing boy took that chance away & shattered my heart.

Its funny how you mention about your boys being so great to you yesterday mine were the same in the days after I heard boy its as if they know. While it is easier said than done I think at this point for me it is easier to repeat to myself that these wonderful sons of mine are going to marry amazing women & I'm going to get a ton of granddaughters & be wishing for a grandson!

I did make a pro-boy vs pro-girl list & that did help me some. I hope it gets easier for you as days go on. Even more I hope that your test was wrong & you hear girl at your ultrasound & get to finally use that absolutely beautiful name you have waiting. In the meantime ((hugs)) & just know we are here for you if you need us.

Mumto3boys
January 17th, 2014, 03:44 AM
GOD THAT WAS HUGE SORRY DIDN'T REALISE I WAS WRITING AN ESSAY! LOL

Waiting4Daisy
January 17th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Deleted.

Waiting4Daisy
January 17th, 2014, 05:19 AM
Deleted.

menlc611
January 17th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Mumto3boys - I'm so sorry to hear about your family situation and how it has left you feeling!! Here is my story (I apologize now if it's long!):

Growing up I had an older brother and an older sister. My parents worked a lot and had a rough marriage so they really weren't around/involved much. My brother tucked us in and read us stories. My sister was my go-to girl and my best friend. (She still is!) but I never had a relationship with my mom and I still don't. She annoys the crap out of me and tries to act like she was mom of the year. I resent her for a lot of reasons and feel if she was around more I wouldn't have had my first child when I was 17. (I'm not blaming her, I take full responsibilities for my actions, but if she was more involved in my life and what I was doing and she was there for me to talk to, it possibly could have been prevented) once I had my son, I was so in love!! When I was 20 I became pregnant again. Part of me thought a girl would be nice but I didn't really care. Well I had my second boy and I was happy. It was me and my 2 boys and I thought that was all I needed. Then I met my now husband. I had no intentions of getting married or having more kids. Well, obviously that changed lol we got married and he wanted a baby right away which was fine with me since my older 2 were then 8 and 5. At this point, I wanted another boy. I was so good at raising boys! And if we had a girl, would she grow up like me and be a teen mom? Would she hate me growing up like I hated my mom? Would she resent me? What if I couldn't raise her to respect herself and not have sex? Well, DH desperately wanted a girl. He was 100% convinced it was a girl. Picked out a girls name, bought girl clothes, called the baby "she".. He wouldn't even consider the fact it could be a boy. The day we found out "she" was a HE, the feelings that rushed through me we unexplainable. I burst into tears. I felt like I had let him down. I failed. I felt guilty, depressed, shocked.. I cried for days and days. That was the point when my gender dreaming started. I now felt like I HAD to have a girl. My husband needed a daddy's girl. I felt guilty because I already had 2 kids so I felt like I was denying him those chances if getting a girl. If he had married someone with no kids, they would have had 4 chances to have a girl. But he's stuck with me and now only has 1 more chance. I researched day and night on how to have a girl and I approached him with the "family completion". You pay $2,500 and you're guaranteed you're dream gender. (I'm sure there is a name for it, but I forget) DH quickly shot the idea down. I continued to research and in the meantime, had DS3 who I fell in love with immediately and to this day I can't get enough of!! I came across this site in dec. 2012 and showed it to DH. We decided we would get a sway plan and do our best to get a DD. Ever since then I've been obsessing about it. Once I finally got pregnant the first few weeks were hell. All I could think about was is it a girl?! I was finally able to stop thinking about it until I was told possibly girl. Now I wonder well is it my girl? Or will we be told boy again? Either way I know we will love the baby. But losing the daughter we'll never have will be hard. It's hard because DH wants a DD probably more than I do and I will feel like I let him down.

Sorry for the novel, but that's my story! I'll admit I'm scared to have a girl. But I know I will be a better mother to her than my mother was to me. But since my sister is my best friend, it will be hard for me to accept the fact that she will have to grow up without a sister and that breaks my heart too!

dreams529
January 17th, 2014, 12:19 PM
My story, I wasn't very close to my Mom & although we are closer today it is still not the closest relationship. We are def very different people & have a hard time communicating. I was very close to both of my Grandmothers growing up. Spent every moment with one when I was younger & as I grew older spent even more time with the other. My maternal Grandmother really & truly was my best friends until she passed away a few months ago. She was the one who I talked to about anything & everything she was an amazing woman & extremely important part of my life. Coincidently both of my Grandmothers share the same first name which this baby was supposed to be named after.

Now I know my story is a bit different because I do have a DD but initially I did not bond with her. I live in FL & she was born 3 days after a major hurricane tore through & destroyed our town. We made out better than most but we had lots of damage no power or water for weeks & with a 23 month old & being 9 months prego you can imagine it was a crazy scary & emotional time. Friday was the storm & Mon I went in to the hospital my Dr. broke my water but what he didn't realize at the time was she was breech & 9lb 6oz I labored for awhile than the nurse wanted to see how dilated I was. She was the one that realized something wasn't right. I at that point had to be rushed in for a immediate surgery. They had to knock me out because I can not have an epidural. I woke up in recovery & they wouldn't take me back to my room because they were to shorthanded. I eventually wound up threatening to get up & walk if they didn't get me to my baby that I hadn't even seen yet. I was away from her forever & never got that initial chance to bond. Follow all of that up with clean up from the storm, still no power, water & later I wound up with an infection at the incision site. It was a horrible experience & to this the day it is not as easy for her & I as it is for my boys.

Don't know if this makes sense but, I have done the boy thing 3 times I have gotten it right but I have not had the chance to do the girl thing again & get it right. Further my 2 oldest sons have ADHD & the oldest has some mild autistic traits. My 3rd is fine but I worry that another boy could chance having some medical issues going forward.

Whatever this baby is I am OK with it. I do know that I have my DD & what happened in the past does not define our relationship now or in the future. I also know that the relationships with my Grandmothers can not be replaced by this child. I did tell my Grandmother in our last conversation that I wanted to have another & name it after her so she left this world knowing that & really that was the best I could do. My sons are amazing. Smart, athletic & if I do say so quite handsome. If this one is another boy I will be extremely lucky to have the pleasure of raising another one.

Thank you for sharing your stories. I really hope we all get our happy endings!

from2to3
January 17th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I have to vent about something stupid for a second. I don't really get food cravings or aversions while pregnant, but lately I've definitely needed my water to be ice cold. Which is funny because usually in the winter time I don't put ice in my water because it makes me too cold. Anyways....our ice machine quit making ice last night...grr! Really?? And we have to have a reverse osmosis system so our water is not very cold. Ok...got that out of my system... ;)

My story in a nutshell so I don't write a novel....I'm not very close to my mom, never have been. We are opposites. I was raised with my dad and brother, until he moved out when I was 14, then it was just my dad. (Long story here but won't get into that).
I have half-sisters but they are WAY older than me and I didn't grow up with them, and they live a long ways away. Hardly talk. My mom lives close by but we just aren't close. So...I feel like I've never had that 'girl bond'. I have good friends that are girls, and I get along fine with my MIL and SIL, but it's different. My friends all have their girls now too. I just always thought I would have at least one boy and girl, and have always promised I would be a better mom. But, if I do have another boy, it might be better off. I probably wouldn't know what to do with a girl anyhow! But it I do, I am going to try so hard to be there for her, for everything. I'd also love for my husband to have a 'daddy's girl'.
It is what it is. If it is a boy it's going to hurt but I know that it is part of God's better plan for me, if it is a girl then I will be so thankful!

from2to3
January 17th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Family are the worst! and "Friends" can be cruel but instead I choose to hold my head high and think yes I can get pregnant actually first time round, I am built to push out babies all 3 being under 3 hours drug free - and most of all their all healthy so for that I'm thankful for being one tough mudda!

You go girl! Me too :) With my first I had back labor but thought maybe they were BH, got to the hospital to find out I was 7cm and an hour or two and two pushes later my first boy was born, drug-free! (Hard back labor but fast). Second was about the same but I made it to the hospital sooner (4-5cm) afraid it'd go even faster the second time.

Mumto3boys
January 17th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Wow thank you so much for sharing what amazing stories ladies - reading them I couldn't help but feel such heartache for each of you and I truly hope that you find what your searching for. I wish I could meet you and extend a hug.

Going further into our pregnancies & births if we can try to acknowledge that we can't replace any relationships, or change the past. A girl or boy isn't going to heal the hurt and having a girl or boy might not make me you a better mother, or the girl or boy we all long for might not even turn out to be the girl/boy we hoped for.

And most of all our little beans need us, they need our love, they need our hugs and kisses, they need our acceptance, they need their mummies.

Have a wonderful day Mummies xo

dreams529
January 17th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Wonderfully put Mumto3boys!!

aidansmum
January 17th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Your stories are so touching and inspirational. Some made me teary. Thanks for sharing! I haven't got a great story behind my desire to have a daughter. I had a wonderful relationship with my grandmother and now with my mother (after some difficult years) and wish I could have that kind of connection with a daughter too. I feel like daughters are always there, as sons kind of go their own way to live their lives, daughters try to be part of their mum's life, at least that is what I noticed in my own family, but most of all I really, really wanted to feel that connection with a daughter. A friend of mine has 2 girls and 1 boy and she says it's no different really, but I guess it's easy to say that when you had the chance to have that experience. I feel for the ones who don't have that chance, I might never have it and I'm also thrilled for the ones who get there and live the dream. Bless us all!

aidansmum
January 17th, 2014, 07:01 PM
16358By the way, is that nub????? When bunnywabbit said that it looked like a nub I went back to the video and watched over and over again and guess what, it's always there and it is kind of straight, even though baby is on its tummy (already being difficult!). What do you think? I've been trying to get still pictures from my video but it's not working. Will keep trying. Yes, I am the obsessive type! :bigsmile:

aidansmum
January 17th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Sorry....closer shot

from2to3
January 17th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I agree mumto3boys! My biggest reason is just wanting to know what it's like! And to even out the family a little bit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mumto3boys
January 17th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Hi Aidansmum,
Just wondering if your up for a fun test & anyone else it will be a fun experiment - put two tablespoons of baking soda in a cup and add some of your urine if it fizzes its supposed to indicate a boy if no fizz then its a girl - did mine and no fizz go figure lol... anyway also aidansmum your from Melbourne too do you know that from 12 weeks you can go to a place called Cogus and Dr Chow there can tell you the sex of your baby pretty accurately as here in Aus they don't like to say at normal ultrasounds - I'm going on Tuesday 9am if you wanted a buddy its $180...
16358By the way, is that nub????? When bunnywabbit said that it looked like a nub I went back to the video and watched over and over again and guess what, it's always there and it is kind of straight, even though baby is on its tummy (already being difficult!). What do you think? I've been trying to get still pictures from my video but it's not working. Will keep trying. Yes, I am the obsessive type! :bigsmile:

Mumto3boys
January 17th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Completely agree, it is the most natural thing in the world for a mother or father to want both sexes, I would love do anything girly at the moment its just me and the dog! lol
I agree mumto3boys! My biggest reason is just wanting to know what it's like! And to even out the family a little bit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

aidansmum
January 17th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Hi Aidansmum,
Just wondering if your up for a fun test & anyone else it will be a fun experiment - put two tablespoons of baking soda in a cup and add some of your urine if it fizzes its supposed to indicate a boy if no fizz then its a girl - did mine and no fizz go figure lol... anyway also aidansmum your from Melbourne too do you know that from 12 weeks you can go to a place called Cogus and Dr Chow there can tell you the sex of your baby pretty accurately as here in Aus they don't like to say at normal ultrasounds - I'm going on Tuesday 9am if you wanted a buddy its $180...

I heard about that. I even thought about buying baking soda cause I haven't got any but then after getting a boy result on Intelligender I decided not to muck around with those experiments. I do agree, they are just for fun, intelligender inclusive with all the wrong results they give. I heard about this Doctor and even thought about it but as I am doing the Harmony test (not for gender but to skip the amnion for down's, etc) I prefer not to spend any more money, even though it would be loads of fun having a gender finder buddy :) Good luck with you scan and hope you hear pink.

aidansmum
January 17th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I find it very annoying to they won't give anything away in early scans! You throw all the clues that you are dying to know and they totally ignore you. So unfair!

Mumto3boys
January 18th, 2014, 03:11 AM
Fair enough, the one I did was Nimble diagnostics in Sydney, and I did intelligender for last baby and was boy too. I thought the Baking Soda was a cheap one but again is just a wives tale test... bit like the string and ring lol...
I heard about that. I even thought about buying baking soda cause I haven't got any but then after getting a boy result on Intelligender I decided not to muck around with those experiments. I do agree, they are just for fun, intelligender inclusive with all the wrong results they give. I heard about this Doctor and even thought about it but as I am doing the Harmony test (not for gender but to skip the amnion for down's, etc) I prefer not to spend any more money, even though it would be loads of fun having a gender finder buddy :) Good luck with you scan and hope you hear pink.

Mum3blue
January 18th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Out of the just for fun tests, mine all came up girl - baking soda, draino (I know I know), heart beat, carrying high, even Ramzi had bubs on left - Harmony says it's another boy. I did gender maker as well which is like intelligender and it also said girl ... Twice!!! My symptoms are also really different to my other 3 boys. Oh well, I have responded remarkably well to my 4 boys news , much better than I anticipated - I have surprised myself. I have bought some little blue clothes. It seems the universe has other plans for me that did not include a daughter ... I can't change that now and feel accepting of that. In saying that it is still hard to see others get their dream ... I remember reading on this forum someone imagining the excitement of being told girl versus boy and mine was exactly like that. It's a healing process I guess!!! Anyway if I had my time over I would give those fun tests a wide berth , it really have me false hope. I'm looking forward to meeting my new little man and being the best soccer mum there is :-)

Mum3blue
January 18th, 2014, 03:22 AM
Sorry that was a bit more rambling than I thought :-)

aidansmum
January 18th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Out of the just for fun tests, mine all came up girl - baking soda, draino (I know I know), heart beat, carrying high, even Ramzi had bubs on left - Harmony says it's another boy. I did gender maker as well which is like intelligender and it also said girl ... Twice!!! My symptoms are also really different to my other 3 boys. Oh well, I have responded remarkably well to my 4 boys news , much better than I anticipated - I have surprised myself. I have bought some little blue clothes. It seems the universe has other plans for me that did not include a daughter ... I can't change that now and feel accepting of that. In saying that it is still hard to see others get their dream ... I remember reading on this forum someone imagining the excitement of being told girl versus boy and mine was exactly like that. It's a healing process I guess!!! Anyway if I had my time over I would give those fun tests a wide berth , it really have me false hope. I'm looking forward to meeting my new little man and being the best soccer mum there is :-)

So frustrating to get all the answers and signs and still be a boy :( But I'm glad you are coping. I'm sure the little fella will look gorgeous in his new clothes :)

aidansmum
January 18th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Fair enough, the one I did was Nimble diagnostics in Sydney, and I did intelligender for last baby and was boy too. I thought the Baking Soda was a cheap one but again is just a wives tale test... bit like the string and ring lol...

If I had some lying around I'd probably do it, but I don't want to be disappointed, even because the harmony results are coming soon :)

Waiting4Daisy
January 18th, 2014, 05:31 AM
IRL all the all boy/girl families are totally awesome! Their kids seem to hand together like a wee gang!

GreaseMonkey
January 18th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Hi ladies, I was wondering if anyone from this group is from London, England! I am flying there on the 4th of February for my NT appointment on the 5th and was wondering what to expect. I was about 32 when I had my 2nd son so nothing special for my NT! So much in fact that I have forgotten about what it entails lol Anyways, wanted to get some feedback on what to expect at the Dr's.

bunnywabbit
January 18th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Hi ladies, I was wondering if anyone from this group is from London, England! I am flying there on the 4th of February for my NT appointment on the 5th and was wondering what to expect. I was about 32 when I had my 2nd son so nothing special for my NT! So much in fact that I have forgotten about what it entails lol Anyways, wanted to get some feedback on what to expect at the Dr's.

I'm from South London. Are you getting the scan done privately?

For the NT scan, they ask you wear a two piece outfit (top and trousers/skirt), and to have a full pint of water at least an hour before your appointment (I made mine an hour and a half before - I did an hour last time and my bladder was still quite small much to my annoyance, but that might just be me!). If there's not enough in your bladder, they'll do a transvaginal scan (it looks and sounds worse than it actually is - I had one for my early scan). They will likely take blood samples from you too. In the scan, they measure the back of the baby's neck and have a good look at baby for any other noticeable abnormalities.

It's likely they won't say anything as far as gender as it's too early, but can't hurt to ask for a nub shot and see if they'll let you have one :happy:. Also it can't hurt to ask any questions you may have (I asked if my cervix looked well and not funneling (closed), and where my placenta was (placenta previa)).

I hope your scan goes well x

GreaseMonkey
January 18th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Bunny, I have no idea, everything is arranged and paid for by the US Government since I am in a 3rd world country. I only have 3 days, I leave Africa on the 3rd and come back on the 6th. My appointment is on the 5th in the morning lol I am going to be seen by a Dr. Craig Leitch in London so I am thinking central downtown London? No clue lol

bunnywabbit
January 18th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Bunny, I have no idea, everything is arranged and paid for by the US Government since I am in a 3rd world country. I only have 3 days, I leave Africa on the 3rd and come back on the 6th. My appointment is on the 5th in the morning lol I am going to be seen by a Dr. Craig Leitch in London so I am thinking central downtown London? No clue lol

I've just looked him up - I think he works at The Portland Hospital, but works at a couple of other places too. The Portland is a good hospital - they even have/had a maternity show running (Portland Babies - love it!). They mainly do private care, but not sure how it works in your case. It's a good hospital, I'm sure it'll go well x

GreaseMonkey
January 18th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks Bunny, I appreciate it :)
I thought that someone was going to come with me but as it turns out they only send someone with you when it's emergency so I will be flying solo!! Kind of looking forward to getting away from hubby and kids lol
I have relatives there and they have offered to come pick me up from the airport to take me to the hotel which I am very grateful for!!!! But I am most looking forward to eating!!! When you have lived in a 3rd World country where the food that you are used to eating all your life no longer exists, it's like being in Heaven when you actually go "home" lol

Mumto3boys
January 18th, 2014, 06:20 PM
I may be joining you soon!.... Gwen Stefani is having her 3rd boy and she has a picture of her with a crown on her head saying, I thought I was going to have to hand over the crown but I'm still the Queen of this house... could be a fun way to tell people.

Mum3blue
January 18th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I may be joining you soon!.... Gwen Stefani is having her 3rd boy and she has a picture of her with a crown on her head saying, I thought I was going to have to hand over the crown but I'm still the Queen of this house... could be a fun way to tell people.

We have decided not to tell anyone the sex ... Actually we haven't told anyone we are expecting yet , I'm hardly showing at 16 weeks so has been easy to disguise. They won't know that we know and then don't have to deal with the comments and others disappointment for us, they will meet the little man and will be amazed by him and it won't matter he is a boy :-) now to find a name given we have used our 6 favourites already!!!! I never imagined my life with 1 boy, now I will have 4 ... Wow!!!

Waiting4Daisy
January 19th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Deleted.

nuthinbutpink
January 19th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Can you guys start a new thread please?

Little Lunasa
January 19th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Can you guys start a new thread please?

Done! :)

snipsnsnails
January 19th, 2014, 12:19 PM

I was waiting to hear what Gwen was having! It does sound like she was ready for a girl. It would've been cool to see how she would've dressed her. At least they are great couple and family that represent the "stars". Not many exist!

bunnywabbit
January 19th, 2014, 06:15 PM
New page set up - thread continuing on http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-date-buddies/39223-june-july-august-2014-due-date-club-thread-2-a.html