PDA

View Full Version : Cramping & bloody discharge

bbgdreaming
October 31st, 2013, 10:47 PM
I've been getting a lot of cramping to both sides of abd but ultimately on the rt side I'm experiencing more frequent and sharper cramps. I'm only 4 weeks pregnant and never experienced implantation cramping with my previous two pregnancies. I'm not sure if I'm just looking into the cramping too much to determine gender or if its actually implantation cramping. Anyone have a girl implant on rt side? Also, early in pregnancy (week 3 before my bfp) I had a bit of blood tinged discharge. Apparently this is an early sign of pregnancy but has anyone experienced this and what was the resulting gender (don't know if theres a correlation there)?

The Anchor
November 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
I have had implantation spotting early in pregnancy - it happens as a result of the embryo implanting in the uterus, 6 - 10 days after conception. It is not an indicator of gender.

I am not saying this to worry you, but if you are having extreme cramping I would go to the doctor right away and have them rule out an ectopic pg. GL to you :)

bbgdreaming
November 1st, 2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the reply! It hasn't been severe cramping, just annoying more than anything. And I think the only reason I'm noticing it is because I'm so convinced of Ramzi's theory to gender determination. I have a doctors appointment in a week tho so I will mention it to him :)

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2013, 04:13 PM
You can't tell where your baby implants on the basis of where you feel pain/cramps in pregnancy. Upon implantation your uterus begins to undergo massive changes and a huge amount of blood begins to flow there. Your body starts to make hormones that cause ligaments to relax and things just shift and move all around and THAT (plus the natural cramping of BOTH Fallopian tubes that occurs after ovulation regardless of what side you ovualte from) is the source of the achiness and crampiness you feel, not where the baby implants. If your uterus were sensitive enough to tell where a baby that is the size of the head of a pin implanted, pregnancy and childbirth would be excruciatingly painful.

bbgdreaming
November 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM
Oh awesome! Thank you for putting my mind at ease :) I've been driving myself crazy because I read else where that cramping to one side did indicate gender. I feel much better now, like I might have a chance of this being my baby girl :)