PDA

View Full Version : Ginseng experiences Good? Bad?

n710
November 1st, 2013, 10:47 AM
Hi All,
It is has now officially been over a year since TTC. So, a bit stressful.

I read about Ginseng,
Red Panax, American,and/or Siberian Ginseng being good for fertility and handling stress. Not sure which is supposed to be the best.

Anyone try this? Did it affect your cycles?

I was ttc blue, but I care less about the gender at this point and would just be thrilled to be pregnant. I have high FSH, age 36 so just trying to be as healthy as possible and relaxed
TIA

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Don't do it. Something about ginseng affects cell division in a negative fashion which may help prevent/slow down some forms of cancer, but is NOT the kind of thing you want going on in your body the weeks before you are TTC (because the cells in your baby's body will need to be dividing super rapidly). it also has a lot of very negative side effects.

You can always find stuff online about how miraculous herb X, Y, Z is. But no one isn't getting pregnant because they have a ginseng shortage. The best thing you can do is just to do what it takes to get as healthy as possible and give your body the raw materials it needs, healthy fat, nutrients, and sleep, in order to get successfully pregnant. :)

n710
November 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Thank you AS-so glad I check here before adding anything.
I think it is just the pressure of it taking so long and really feeling it may not ever happen -darn that FSH!
Desperation definitely makes you grasp for anything to try, doesn't it.

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I do totally understand that and I SO wish that there really was a magic herb that could fix everything. But so many times things would have happened all on their own anyway without any herbal help, and I actually think people end up making matters worse sometimes - does no good to take something that may only mask your FSH and not even fix that, when at the same time it may cause other problems that can interfere with fertility (like poor lining, bad CM, increased risks of miscarriage, etc)