TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
GIRL!!!
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
boy, boy
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
-
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
6-7 months of fasting until noon and overall calorie monitoring/restriction, although diet was high protein/fat and lower carb.
14 weeks added in peppermint tea (2 cups daily), more aspartame and more caffeine
6 weeks out switched to LE diet in addition to all above and was primarily vegetarian during the day, with small meat portions for dinner. Daily protein intake shifted from 85-105 g to 45-55 g. Switched whole grains to lower nutrient choices.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
DH eats primarily "paleo" diet, so high protein and fat (3-4 TBSP olive oil daily), but he also fasts until noon daily. He consumes moderate amount of caffeine daily, including some aspartame. He also had very little red meat in the last 6 weeks before attempt, since I prep all food.
DId you consume alcohol? Often- daily

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly
Any Diet Details?
Dairy intake included one yoplait light yogurt on most days for last 6 weeks, some part-skim mozzarella cheese, fat free cream cheese, and 8-12 oz nonfat milk daily (usually made into a latte)
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
My sodium and caffeine were both intentionally high. I did not add salt to things, but sodium intake was much higher by virtue of eating so much more processed foods than usual. I also included alcohol in my sway. Night of attempt was vodka with 100% cranberry and equal.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
24.1 BMI
Stayed the same, but I definitely loss muscle mass during last 6 weeks with the sudden shift from protein to empty carbs/sugar
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Exercised 5-6 days a week for at least an hour. Mainly running.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
unknown
Any VG potions used? RePhresh
Sylk

CM pH at attempt
unknown
DH pH
unknown
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 4 Days Before O
1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
Plan was for one attempt, but opks were giving me false "peak" readings, so did one attempt 4 days before O and then the evening of the "real" positive opk. RePHresh was used every 3 days from AF (full applicator) with last full applicator 13 hours before attempt. Used Sylk for both attempts, but sparingly.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Frequent Release

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? For some attempts

Any relevant attempt details?
The "real" attempt day before O was the second release of the day. I was prone for 4-5 minutes (but not propped hips or anything) before getting up to use the bathroom. Also took a very hot bath right before attempt.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Baby asprin
folic acid
Antihistamine

DH Supplements Cranberry
Magnesium

Any additional supplement info?
I was taking calcium citrate, magnesium, cranberry, and folic acid from 14 weeks prior until 6 weeks prior. Cranberry and folic acid only from 6 weeks until 2 weeks prior. For successful attempt cycle (2 weeks prior to attempt) I took folic acid and baby aspirin only. DH was taken off his multivitamin about 14 weeks prior and had calcium, magnesium, and cranberry, but irregularly - probably 3 times a week. I took Zytrec 3 days leading up to O.
Did you do anything with Ions?
I wore 2 negative ion bracelets. Painted my fingernails regularly with OPI "It's a Girl" polish and toenails with OPI "Pussy Galore" polish ;) I added 100% lavender essential oil to my cleaning water (to clean house) and also put it on my pulse points
Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Gibbous
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
I put a set of pink baby pajamas under my bed, but couldn't bring myself to take them out of the package :)
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
The changes in the types of foods/nutrient levels I was eating the last 6 weeks were a big shift. Fasting until noon, intense exercise, high caffeine, and having aspartame were also big changes from previous conceptions.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I wish my bmi had been much lower/had dropped. My calories stayed the same so the shift from high protein to high carb really made me hold onto everything. I was not on LE for very long.
Things worth mentioning:
I happened to get terribly sick about 8 hours after our attempt so had a high fever during ovulation and a couple days thereafter. Ate very little and was exclusively vegetarian in what I did eat.

Thank you so much to Atomic and all the other contributors on this site who gave so much of their wisdom, time, patience, support, and encouragement!

2bnaday
November 1st, 2013, 11:57 AM
I also followed the "left side sleeping" very diligently, but ultrasound yesterday showed that I ovulated from the right ovary, which makes 3 for 3 (right side ovulation) among my babies.

Bigwish
November 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM
Great sway, hun! Fingers crossed your here pink!

JenB17
November 1st, 2013, 09:03 PM
Very strong sway! Fingers crossed for pink!! x

2bnaday
November 2nd, 2013, 02:30 PM
Thank you, Bigwish and Jen!!

Cauliflower
November 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Your sway looks great, hope you hear pink :) GL

2bnaday
November 2nd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Thank you, Cauliflower! I hope you do too!!

Soar
November 3rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Your sway looks awesome! C'mon pink!

GT77
November 3rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Great Sway!!! I pray you hear pink too!!!

2bnaday
November 3rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Thank you for the wishes, Soar and GT77! Soar, so exciting to have your girl on the way! Hope you're feeling well!

Dancin Machine
December 31st, 2013, 08:16 PM
Hey 2b, I finally got over to see this - looks great! Are you getting close to finding out? Wanted to check in and see how you're doing? Miss your motivating words ;) hope you're feeling ok.

2bnaday
January 1st, 2014, 09:00 PM
Hey Dancin! I hadn't logged in at all for the last 2 months, so your message was a happy surprise when I happened to get back on today! Feeling much better, thank you. We were set on Team Green this go round, but I think have decided to find out in 3 weeks after all (then we may or may not tell people that we've found out...but I'll update here for sure!). Thanks so much for checking in on me!

Random fact that probably has no bearing, but might be interesting for data/wives' tale type things: previous 2 boy pregnancies were both anterior placentas and this one (gender still unknown) is a left posterior placenta.

Dancin Machine
January 2nd, 2014, 12:03 PM
So glad to hear you're doing well! You must be showing by now. So glad you're feeling better. I'm selfishly glad you're going to find out. My sister-in-law won't budge, it's her first but 10th on DH's side and all the others are boys. I think she thinks it's a girl, she even calls it "her/she." That's interesting about the placenta, I hadn't heard that one before. I don't remember where mine were except that DS2 was close to the cervix then moved away. I'll have to find out. Glad you're back and ok, can't wait to hear!!!

atomic sagebrush
January 3rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
congrats and good luck!

Linzshine32
January 16th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Can't wait to hear! Congrats and good luck to you!

2bnaday
January 20th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Thank you, Linzshine! I hope to find out tomorrow at the anatomy scan!

2bnaday
January 21st, 2014, 06:21 PM
We learned at the anatomy scan today that it's a GIRL!!!!!!! :suprise::XX::heart:

Atomic, THANK YOU!!! You are a wealth of information and so generous (and patient!) with your time, insight, and support. Thank you, Gender Dreaming mods, members, and my wonderful Exercise Motivation group girls! I am still in shock, but so, so elated!! I can't believe I'm going to have a daughter!!!! :awe::running::awe:

GT77
January 21st, 2014, 07:13 PM
Wow that is such amazing news!!! I am so happy for you!!! U must be the happiest person ever!!! So exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bnaday
January 21st, 2014, 07:43 PM
Thank you, GT! I am!! I completely agree with your siggy - I feel like "the luckiest girl in the whole wide world" too!!! June looks to be a lucky pink month for both of us - hooray and congrats again to you!!

SeaMaiden86
January 21st, 2014, 08:13 PM
Can you post your sway info?? :)

SeaMaiden86
January 21st, 2014, 08:15 PM
I tried to delete the other post since I meant to reply to this one, but just in case can you please post your sway since it was successful? :D

Dancin Machine
January 22nd, 2014, 09:02 AM
Soooooooooooooooooooo happy for you 2b!!!! Yay!!!!!!
You've worked so hard and been so diligent and still so encouraging to all of us. I really wanted this for you. I know how much you wanted it too. Now you don't have to worry about only being a mother-in-law! And maybe someday she'll make you a grandma and you can be as close as can be :pickuphappy:
Any names ideas you're sharing?
Congratulations!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2014, 09:08 AM
OMG yay! So happy for you!

2bnaday
January 22nd, 2014, 09:09 AM
I tried to delete the other post since I meant to reply to this one, but just in case can you please post your sway since it was successful? :D

Yes, of course - I learned so much from other people's sways! Mine is the first post on this thread - the key elements (I believe) being: LE diet (with high caffeine and high sodium, relative to my previous levels), fasting until noon each day, intense exercise (1 hr or more daily, mainly running), RePHresh and antihistimines. No other supplements except baby aspirin and folic acid. I did several other small things like ion bracelets, but those were probably more for my own positive thinking. :wink:

I recommend reading as many of Atomic's essays as you can, so that you can feel good about the choices you make, regardless of outcome. You can't account for or control the big factor of luck and I know mine could have produced an opposite too, which I would have still felt peaceful about, not having any regrets about my sway attempt. The only change I might have made was incorporating Chitosan, which I didn't really know about when planning mine. Good luck to you!

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2014, 09:11 AM

On the first page of this thread her sway is posted.

2bnaday
January 22nd, 2014, 09:13 AM
OMG yay! So happy for you!

Thank you, Atomic! I appreciate you SO much!!!

2bnaday
January 22nd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Soooooooooooooooooooo happy for you 2b!!!! Yay!!!!!!
You've worked so hard and been so diligent and still so encouraging to all of us. I really wanted this for you. I know how much you wanted it too. Now you don't have to worry about only being a mother-in-law! And maybe someday she'll make you a grandma and you can be as close as can be :pickuphappy:
Any names ideas you're sharing?
Congratulations!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thank you, Dancin! You have been a huge support!! DH is still in too much shock to discuss names!

Also, now we know that you don't HAVE to lose weight on the LE to get a girl! 3 cheers for declining condition!

Dreamofpink
January 22nd, 2014, 12:16 PM
Huge congrats!!! It's fab to see another exercise sway succeed :D Well done you!!
Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

boymama
January 23rd, 2014, 09:24 AM
SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I came on to see if you had posted your results yet. Such an amazing time for you. Good luck with the next period and it won't be long until you are holding a healthy daughter in your arms! I feel a bit teary!

2bnaday
January 23rd, 2014, 12:40 PM
Thank you, boymama! You were a huge help and support to me!! We miss you and continue to send you the very best wishes! Please keep me updated (leave a forum/thread breadcrumb trail for me to follow or something!) on your journey! xoxo

boymama
January 23rd, 2014, 08:52 PM
We have done all of the pretesting and everything looks fine. We should be cycling next month. I will keep you updated!

Bigwish
January 24th, 2014, 07:11 AM
O, hun!!! I just saw your post!! Yay, yay, yay (have tears in my eyes now!)
Amazing news! I'm thrilled!!! Huge congrats! I'm so happy for you!

Do you realize that for now it's still 100% girl for intense (really intense) exercise? Hopefully i'll add to that, have my dna blood results within one week i hope.

dollych
January 24th, 2014, 07:16 AM
YAAAYYYY!!!!. Congrats!!!!. So happy for you!!!!!!!!. You must be just over the moon :)
xxxxx

2bnaday
January 26th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Thank you, Bigwish! You have been amazing support! Is it really at 100% stats right now?! Wow! Eagerly waiting for your update!

Thank you, dollych! I really am!! Still in disbelief too!

Soar
January 27th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Congratulations! Enjoy buying pink!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marriedmomof2
February 3rd, 2014, 12:52 PM
Congrats! So happy for you!