PDA

View Full Version : The omg are you sure it's a girl support group!

HopefulMonster
November 3rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Sooooooo I made the huge mistake of googling "told wrong gender at ultrasound", I guess I just don't like being happy!!! All joking aside, I just feel like it's too good to be true, and I know a couple of us told girl have been feeling the same so I thought having a separate place to vent/stress/reassure each other we are completely penis free without rubbing it in for those having sway opposites might be nice.

Well here we are, hello I am hopefulmonster and I have a problem!! Here is my money shot, 15+5, the tech said they had never been wrong yet and had sexed over 15,000 babies, and that their policy was to say they are 99.9% accurate but she was happy to tell me 100%... Yet still I doubt it!!! Anyone else wants turn? Xxxxx

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af45/smudged_horizon/image_zps459adc93.jpg (http://s992.photobucket.com/user/smudged_horizon/media/image_zps459adc93.jpg.html)

SoulSister
November 4th, 2013, 02:41 AM
With our daughter I couldn't bring my.self to believe it until she was in my arms. And I am the same this time too! Even though I saw 3 lines at the scan and knew before the tech said its a girl, I still feel like it has to be too good to be true.
There is something about being shown 'nothing' that just makes it hard to feel confident.
Boys it's all out there, it leaves no room for doubt.
I have been looking at the shot we do have lots!

thehappypixi
November 4th, 2013, 03:18 AM
I soooo belong here! I have my potty shot as my phone screensaver be ause I need to look at it a million times a day! I haven't googled, 'wrong gender' but I have googled other girl potty shots to compare! Thankfully they look the same, but still want to see it in the flesh!!!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/thehappypixi/01f2931c39b863514df136a716b6044f.jpg

thehappypixi
November 4th, 2013, 03:34 AM
The other thing, is I'm totally paranoid something will go wrong :/ Ive been very laid back in the past, now I can't sleep til I've felt a kick, same reassurance needed in the morning. I'm having second thoughts about my homebirth, just feeling nervous about every aspect of getting her here, not me! I want to relax and enjoy!

Quinston
November 4th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Um yes! I totally belong here!! I've got two boys and due in March with a girl. Here is the money shot. Hoping she doesn't sprout a willy in the next few months!!

I can relate also to the worry that something will go wrong. I was so relaxed with the boys but not this time :(

HopefulMonster
November 4th, 2013, 05:33 AM
I have the exact same thing!! I am completely worked up about my upcoming anatomy scan, like everything's perfect so I'm just waiting for something terrible to come along and drag me back down to earth. I was never like this last time, it sounds awful but I kind of just assumed everything would be fine.

Btw Happy pixie that is maybe the clearest girl potty shot I've seen, you can actually make out the labia rather than just 3 lines I would love to swap pics I'd find yours much more reassuring!

thehappypixi
November 4th, 2013, 07:55 AM
But your tech has written 'little girl' on your scan, they're aren't going to do that unless they're absolutely sure!!

Tiggerian
November 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I'm right there with you! I'm so worried little Cottontail will turn out to be a little boy at my next scan! I was secretly relieved when she refused to open her legs at the 20 week scan xD at least they couldn't tell me its a boy rofl!

And then there's the paranoia. It's so hard for me to think that I'll finally get to take my little girl home with me, especially after 8 years of heart ache and believing I just wasn't destined to be a girl mum!

Gizzyntaz
November 4th, 2013, 07:54 PM
The other thing, is I'm totally paranoid something will go wrong :/ Ive been very laid back in the past, now I can't sleep til I've felt a kick, same reassurance needed in the morning. I'm having second thoughts about my homebirth, just feeling nervous about every aspect of getting her here, not me! I want to relax and enjoy!

We had 2 different scans/techs tell us this is a girl, so I am feeling better about that part, but I am totally paranoid, especially now... At my appt. on Thursday they said there were problems indicated on my anatomy scan (low fluid, off growth ratios), so I have been referred to a perinatalogist :( It might be nothing (errors on first scan), but it might be IUGR, and I'm trying not to envision the worst. I'll be 23 weeks when we find out this week, so the very edge of possible viability - I just want this baby girl to be safe and healthy like my boys!

Gizzyntaz
November 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Had another scan today and did NOT get an IUGR diagnosis, thank God! Baby girl (confirmed again) is just measuring small in a few areas. Doc was not worried - we'll go back in a month to make sure she is following her curve, otherwise she is a perfect little alien-looking baby :). I'm going to up the protein and cut down on the cardio in the meantime to give her the best chance to catch up in those areas...

HopefulMonster
November 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM
That's brilliant news gizzy, I will cross everything that all looks even better in a month xxxxxx

thehappypixi
November 7th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Great news!! What a relief :D xxx

Quinston
November 7th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Lovely news. What a relief!

meeks32
November 7th, 2013, 10:52 PM

Just found this group, I feel just like this! If I'm not busy doubting its a girl, I am busy worrying something will go wrong! I never ever felt like this with the boys!

meeks32
November 8th, 2013, 04:25 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/bujezymy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/e4azytyb.jpg
here are two stills from our anatomy scan. she froze it on a shot with 3 lines but it was on an angle so without the background info of a moving image, I didnt think it would make sense to post a still of that. She said she checked 3 times during the scan while measuring things and checking blood flow, before telling us she was sure it was a girl, and showing us why.

Still I manage to worry she will grow a doodle!!

SoulSister
November 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Starting to give away the boys clothes, and having minor freak outs! Lol.

meeks32
November 11th, 2013, 09:29 PM
I just gave away some boys clothes too. Which I think it what lead to my freaking out it could be wrong. This week is dragging, I see my ob again in a week and they have a machine. I'm going to demand they check for lack of doodle one last time. I forgot to at the last appointment 3 weeks ago, and have been kicking myself ever since.

snipsnsnails
November 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Its only been one day and my materni21 said girl. I still don't feel like its real. Even though its more accurate than the u/s I can't wait to see potty shot! Probably won't sink in until I have her in my arms:)

meeks32
November 22nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Update, scan at ob at 27 weeks and it's still a girl! I literally asked him to prove to me it was a girl. He said "well, it's not just lack of boy parts we are looking for" and proceeded to show me great detail of her girl bits, to the point where I almost felt inappropriate. Hahaha not really but let's say it was detailed and I'm no longer in doubt! Eeeeeeeee

thehappypixi
November 22nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Haha they're go. A love us when they're older! I have the scan of her foofy on the fridge, it's already my favourite picture of her! Hahaha!

Funkyfry
December 21st, 2013, 07:39 AM
I just had my gender scan this morning and was told girl!!! Shocked and delighted

iluvmy4sons
December 21st, 2013, 11:41 PM
Sorry to jump in on your thread. I felt this way when I was told girl last Feb. I did not believe it. I started to believe it at my 3rd ultrasound. I even asked if she was still a girl at birth. LOL I thought if I looked at my ultrasound picture long enough she would grow a penis.

meeks32
December 29th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Congrats funkyfry!!!!

iluvmy4sons that is hilarious, and EXACTLY how I felt. I have had more than 3 ultrasounds now confirm bubby is a girl but still feel slightly unsure, or not trusting of it. Last time I literally asked my ob to PROOVE to me it was a girl. Which he did a good job of I must say, but somehow I still look at the baby's room all set for a girl and panic for a moment that the rug will be pulled out from under me, and i'll end up with the most femininely dressed boy in the world. haha

Cauliflower
December 30th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I was told girl at 15+3, and I just cant believe it is true! So waiting for my regular scan which is in a week...hope it is still a girl, I will be in shock if not !
I have only been looking at girls stuff...

meeks32
January 4th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Oh Congrats Cauliflower!!! That's amazing news, I somehow missed that you were pg!! How long until the scan now? I missed this post too! I think being told at 15-16 weeks is supposed to be very reliable, so I wouldn't worry... But then of course I would worry, because I did, even when all the evidence pointed towards me getting my girl I still found ways to doubt I could be that lucky! hahaha. So I get exactly how you are feeling!!!

We are now 30 days from meeting our little girl, I feel like we've been waiting forever!!

Cauliflower
January 5th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Oh Congrats Cauliflower!!! That's amazing news, I somehow missed that you were pg!! How long until the scan now? I missed this post too! I think being told at 15-16 weeks is supposed to be very reliable, so I wouldn't worry... But then of course I would worry, because I did, even when all the evidence pointed towards me getting my girl I still found ways to doubt I could be that lucky! hahaha. So I get exactly how you are feeling!!!

We are now 30 days from meeting our little girl, I feel like we've been waiting forever!!

Congrats Meeks, and the waiting is too long, 30 days till you can hold her in your arms!!! Aaawwww, I am so happy for you. My scan is tomorrow, I will come back to update. I hope the tech sees it clear! Otherwise I will go for anither private scan I think. Just cant rest, have to know :)

Good to hear from you and take care!!!
Xx

atomic sagebrush
January 6th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Good luck Cauliflower!!

Funkyfry
January 6th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Good luck cauliflower xx

Cauliflower
January 6th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone!
So I was told GIRL again today! Might as well start believing it now ;)
She was very careful, she said she saw labia, and I swear I saw 3 lines. But she was like oh, the baby is in a position where I can not say for sure...you know of course we make mistakes...bla bla...
But hey, Girl twice...I can at least update my sway :)

Xxxx

meeks32
January 6th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone!
So I was told GIRL again today! Might as well start believing it now ;)
She was very careful, she said she saw labia, and I swear I saw 3 lines. But she was like oh, the baby is in a position where I can not say for sure...you know of course we make mistakes...bla bla...
But hey, Girl twice...I can at least update my sway :)

Xxxx

Oh that's frustrating when they won't commit to the answer! But labia, 3 lines and girl twice can't be wrong. Congratulations honey!

Funkyfry
January 8th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Cauliflower, it's definitely a girl in there!!! Yay delighted for you xx

Cauliflower
January 8th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Cauliflower, it's definitely a girl in there!!! Yay delighted for you xx

Thank you meeks and Funkyfry! I bought lots og pink stuff today. A bit scary, when I got home I was thinking, what will I do woth all this pink if it is not true :( i think I will only believe it 100% when I will have her in my arms!

Meeks, could you please take a look at my thread with potty shot from 15 weeks? I would be grateful for your thoughts.

Xx

meeks32
January 8th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Thank you meeks and Funkyfry! I bought lots og pink stuff today. A bit scary, when I got home I was thinking, what will I do woth all this pink if it is not true :( i think I will only believe it 100% when I will have her in my arms!

Meeks, could you please take a look at my thread with potty shot from 15 weeks? I would be grateful for your thoughts.

Xx

I will look now, I don't often see those threads ladies so feel free to post links in here for all of us to view and comment!!

Ps I kind of still feel the same re holding her in my arms. I do believe it now but one tiny part of me is staying protected just in case. I still haven't brought much, but have been given a lot of girl clothes from friends who are finished having kids, so I feel like I've prepared for a girl without investing too many $$!

Lucys
February 5th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Omg I can't stop googling being told the wrong gender, I had a scan at 16wks 4days private gender scan & then nhs one at 19 weeks & another private one at 21- all 3 said pink & I just don't believe it! I keep thinking that there is a hidden willy & I want to go for another scan but I don't think ill believe that either!!!16812

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2014, 08:32 AM
IF you got 3 scans Lucy I would paint the nursery!! :cheer:

Did you sway? If so, please post it in our Add Your Sway section.Add your Girl Sway! (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/)

Thanks and huge congrats!

meeks32
February 10th, 2014, 06:47 PM
My baby girl just arrived last week and I still keep opening her nappy expecting boy parts!!! Haha. Congrats Lucy, you can believe it.