PDA

View Full Version : Ramzi theory - do you belive in it?

Dynazyme
November 6th, 2013, 06:01 AM
(Sorry meant "believe")

Hi girls!

Today I had my 6 weeks scan. Everything is okay so far!!!!

But then I asked my docter on which side the baby is and she said "I guess itīs on the right".
Due to Ramzi theory this must be a boy!!!!

Wow, I am a bit shocked because I swayed and prayed for a girl!! (.....anyway - we knew that it can be a boy)

However I am skeptic about this weird but apparently significant theory. This theory should actually be more accurate than a 12 weeks scan or even a later one!?!!!!!
I am confused an a bit down. I am 6 weeks pregnant and already know the gender of my baby with such a high chance (> 97 %)!!!!

HopefulMonster
November 6th, 2013, 02:42 PM
It's not that high a chance if you think how many thousands of babies are born. I think it's about 360000 babies born every day, which means over 10000 of those would have 'opposite side' placentas. It's also very hard to determine exactly where the placenta will be so early with using colour blood flow doppler like used in the study. Your consultant could be basing it on the baby's side, or the yolk sacs side, etc etc. I definitely wouldn't lose hope any time soon xxxxx

Pumpkin2011
November 6th, 2013, 03:20 PM
It' snot about about were the baby is, it's about were the placenta is ;).

Dynazyme
November 7th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Hi! Thanks!!

But is it not to be expected that placenta is at the same site as the baby? I mean everything is so tiny!!

However maybe it can differ , because even Dr. RAMZI himself insists in the location of the placenta! But how often does the side differ ..... ?

dloui128
November 7th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I guess I really don't believe in it, since mine was on the left and I had a boy

Dynazyme
November 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
I am not sure if I should believe in it.
Why is this article not available on pubmed?
What kind of journal is it? I do not have the feeling that it is serious research.
Why is there no follow-up study??

On the other hand the patient population is extremly high and the outcome is extremly significant and clear.
Maybe people do not want to announce this data because the gender is obvious in a very early stage of pregnancy and it is earier to do an abortion if the embryo is not of the desired gender? Think about India or China.

Mrsandmama
November 7th, 2013, 03:29 PM
My eldest son came from my left ovary and implanted on my upper left side. My youngest son was the opposite- right ovary, right side!

Dynazyme
November 24th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Well, it does not matter any more which side my baby is because I lost it!
That makes me realised how meaningless a gender-wish is!!!

However I do not feel very bad. I think thatīs mother nature and I have two healthy sons!

aidansmum
December 28th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Well, it does not matter any more which side my baby is because I lost it!
That makes me realised how meaningless a gender-wish is!!!

However I do not feel very bad. I think thatīs mother nature and I have two healthy sons!

:( oh no! I'm so sorry about your loss. In the end the old cliche of a healthy bean is really all we want. :LotsofLove: