PDA

View Full Version : Think I have high FSH now....what to do?

LolaInLove
May 31st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Little background....had an early m/c in January and then a blighted ovum and natural m/c at 9.5 weeks in April, so I just had my first AF after the m/c. I had one of those First Response Fertility Tests that came free with my pg tests, so I did the CD3 test with it and the test result was WAY positive, meaning I have elevated FSH. Not sure if that would be due to coming off of the m/c or if it is true (and I will have a real blood FSH test next CD3). But in the meantime, I am hitting the computer for help, of course. I plan on starting a lot of antioxidants, and now wondering if I should try the DHEA again. I plan to ttc again in August, so another 2 cycles will go by the wayside where I can prime my eggs a little. Also curious if Clomid may be a good option.....I DO think I ovulate, but my eggs are probably of poor quality....hence the back-to-back m/c. Any advice would be great ......THANK YOU!!!!!

babydes56
May 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
Lola, sorry to hear. I would wait on the results from the doc because the First response could be wrong, also there's other factors ie m/c that could give false results. Oh you've actually reminded me to call doc for my FSH results, had test done a while ago

I too feel that my eggs are of poor quality. Antioxidants are the way go & maybe DHEA. Zivic posted a really good write up about IVF patients taking DHEA, they had good results. This past ovulation that i've just had i didnt have strong O pains like i've had when i fell preg with my girls so i'm already assuming that this will be another failed attempt. My doc has said it's best i do 2 more cycles of clomid & then move to IVF. Never imagined i'd be in this position, life sucks at times

LolaInLove
May 31st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Babydes, thank for the reply. I do wonder if the recent m/c is making my levels high or something. I've definitely got some more testing to do this month...including clotting factors and DH's SA. UGHHHHHH. Curious to hear what your FSH levels were! I know, I hate this so much, it is so hard. At least you have the 2 more Clomid cycles, you never know. Does your nationalized insurance cover IVF also? Jeez, I can't afford ANY of that, so you are lucky, girl. It's natural or nothing for us.

Zivic-Bubac
June 1st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Lola, I think your recent m/c made those high FSH levels, but you should def have blood test in lab for accurate results, and I do hope they will be excellent :luck:

From what I read on HT forums here ( which doesn't make me an expert LOL!) high FSH shows low ovarian reserve and not necessarily poor egg quality. So you can boost your egg quality and I wouldn't worry too much about ovarian reserve, I do believe I have at least 3 years before menopause and you are younger than me :luck:
Of course, this is just my opinion as layman ( hope that's the right word? :think:) and of course your Dr will provide more info :LotsofLove:

michaela
June 1st, 2011, 09:15 AM
Personally I would trust the OTC thing at all and hopefull your CD3 blood work will give you more answers. So sorry to hear about all you have been, hang in there!

LolaInLove
June 3rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks! I am thinking it might be due to stress and also the recent m/c....I think my doctors are having me do a real CD3 check, so I will know more for sure then. For now, I am just on everything to up egg quality and also DHEA. Thanks for your input, Michaela, hope you are doing well! And you, of course, lovely ZB!

Zivic-Bubac
June 13th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Lola, have you already checked your FSH?

Plum3
June 16th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I was just doing some reading about supps and what is safe to take whilst on Clomid and came across some info about wheatgrass and FSH. Apparently heaps of women have successfully used it to reduce their FSH levels and get pregnant. I didn't really read up about how it works but just thought I would share. And since wheatgrass is meant to be good for a boy sway it can't hurt!

Zivic-Bubac
June 16th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Great info Bec, thanks for sharing! :agree:

familiesr4ever
June 20th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I am no expert either, but have read several books about helping with infertility, and many of them mention using wheatgrass for high FSH. I had to have my levels checked and for a month or so before, I took wheatgrass and I had great numbers. I read a study that farmers used to let their sheep eat wheatgrass and it made the infertile sheep very fertile. Not sure if it's true or not, but I think it has helped me. I also take DHEA, 75 mg a day as per my RE. GL

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Lola, I just saw this, any news???

LolaInLove
June 29th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hey everyone, thank so much for the advice. I go see my dr on July 5, so not sure if she will order a blood level check of my FSH for next cycle or what. We are gonna talk about some Clomid though, as I have read a bit that it can help the better eggs pop versus the crappy ones. I was planning on ttc in August, so I've been taking wheatgrass for about a month now. I got this powdered mix of alfalfa, wheatgrass, and barley grass that I mix with juice once a day. Also been doing the DHEA, but I did cut it back to 50mg a couple of weeks ago because my skin was oily and breaking out like crazy and for some reason I got the feeling like it was too much. At 50mg, it is normal. Weird, no? I'll keep this updated. Thanks everyone!

LolaInLove
June 29th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Oh, and I did also read that FSH can be all over the place after a pregnancy and m/c, so hoping my hormones were just a bit wacky. It was only the 2nd cycle after m/c that I took that First Response Fertility Test.

LolaInLove
August 8th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Just to follow up, the hormones were wacky from the m/c. I had an FSH test done on my 4th cycle after m/c and it was a 7, which is fine.