PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a thread about VBAC or HBAC?

Roonarpia
May 31st, 2011, 11:00 AM
I am having a HBAC in September and would love a buddy or two to talk to about plans, concerns, etc. HBAC/VBAC ladies are you out there?

queen-of-harts
May 31st, 2011, 11:50 AM
I am interested! I had my first two babes vaginal birth and then with number 3 my dr said i should have him csec because he was too big i stupidly went with it thinking it was best for him but after that i was forced to have my other kids by csec because it is impossible to find vbac friendly docs in my area. I am planning to ttc sometime in the next year to 18 months and if i cant find a dr willing to let me vbac i will be having a hbac.

DoulaMama
May 31st, 2011, 12:04 PM
I've been to 2 VBAC's as a doula and I just wanted to say how awesome I think your thread is!!! And the fact that you say "I'm having an HBAC" instead of "trying for one". :D :HH: I've had 2 homebirths now(one a UC) and they were incredible~ I'm sending beautiful and easy birthing vibes to you, Mama:) Good Luck!! :luck:

queen-of-harts
May 31st, 2011, 01:08 PM
I am a member of ICAN (international cesarean awareness network) and there is so much support there on hbac and even ubac.We have even had some moms have hb after 5 or 6 cesareans!! It has been proven that vbacs are safe even after multiple cesareans now if we can get doctors to stop thinking they can tell women how to birth the birthing world will be a better place.Women are made to give birth its what we are designed for :)

Flava
May 31st, 2011, 01:22 PM
I had a home wbac with DD4 because DD3 was a c/s and the docs said I must have another c/s .Of course I said no and left them went to a birthing center and had the baby at home. ( can't have wbac at the center after a c/s )
Anyway if I get pregnant again I don't even bother to try with a doc Im going strait to the birth center to see a midwife!:agree:

LolaInLove
May 31st, 2011, 02:14 PM
I'm in (even though not pg)....I had a beautiful vbac with #2 and used a doula to help with labor. I took it upon myself to learn about pregnancy, birth, fetal positions, you name it....then I hired a fabulous doula and decided I was going to tackle it head on and not be scared by any crap the doctors were telling me. I switched to midwives mid-pregnancy who were very supportive. I HIGHLY recommend going for it....such a better birth experience and I felt so proud of myself for taking control of my body and my baby's birth.

Tink18
May 31st, 2011, 03:19 PM
I have only had one baby, I had a all natural unmedicated child birth. I researched the hell out of NC and knew my rights. funny enough in my 30 hour labor my doctor tried to force me into a CS, I immediately told her to STFU. She backed off right away. I fully support VBAC's and love that woman want to go though with it. I think that too many women get put in the position of CS and its too bad. Doctors are lazy and push women to do it, claiming babies and too big and bodies cant handle it, which 9 out of ten times its crap. However, I feel that CS are a great medical intervention when needed and I am thankful that it can save many babies and mothers. But I think its highly taken advantaged of. SO rock on with your VBAC's!!! I only hope my next birth, I have safe unmedicated natural birth as I did with our daughter.

Roonarpia
May 31st, 2011, 03:52 PM
WOW!!! I am so happy with all the replies!!!!!! It is nice to know you are not alone. I have a great midwife who had 3 VBACs herself and she is so gung ho about mine. I am also going to have a great doula present! I am fully confident I can do it, I had my first 2 in a birth center with midwives so I know my body can do it. With my third, I labored and pushed for 2+ hours at the birth center but finally had to go in for a C-Section because she was OP and Acynclitic :( I am doing hypnobabies this time and I am reading up on Optimal Fetal Positioning to avoid any issues that I had before. I also am doing some prenatal yoga for the hip opening exercises. Any other advice from you ladies would be great :)

Roonarpia
May 31st, 2011, 03:54 PM
I've been to 2 VBAC's as a doula and I just wanted to say how awesome I think your thread is!!! And the fact that you say "I'm having an HBAC" instead of "trying for one". :D :HH: I've had 2 homebirths now(one a UC) and they were incredible~ I'm sending beautiful and easy birthing vibes to you, Mama:) Good Luck!! :luck:

Thank you!

Roonarpia
May 31st, 2011, 03:55 PM
I am interested! I had my first two babes vaginal birth and then with number 3 my dr said i should have him csec because he was too big i stupidly went with it thinking it was best for him but after that i was forced to have my other kids by csec because it is impossible to find vbac friendly docs in my area. I am planning to ttc sometime in the next year to 18 months and if i cant find a dr willing to let me vbac i will be having a hbac.

You should go for it!!! It is almost impossible to find VBAC friendly docs, which is too bad :(

Roonarpia
June 3rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
So I think this baby is OP already and I am kinda freaking out :( I am going to the Chiro on Monday and I am doing some of the "exercises" on spinningbabies.com but I feel like it is not working yet. I am only 23 weeks but I am pretty sure my 3rd DD started off OP and never did move which obviously led to my c-section. UGH, I wish I could reach in there and turn him!

fivebabies
June 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I'm going for a VBAC with the next baby. #4 was breech, tried everything to turn him. :(

But it's illegal to have a VBAC anywhere but a hospital in my state so that's where I'll be...I just hope I don't get bullied into another c-section. :(

Good luck to all you mamas!!!

Roonarpia
June 6th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I'm going for a VBAC with the next baby. #4 was breech, tried everything to turn him. :(

But it's illegal to have a VBAC anywhere but a hospital in my state so that's where I'll be...I just hope I don't get bullied into another c-section. :(

Good luck to all you mamas!!!

Good for you!!! Wishing you all the best. What are you doing to "prepare" yourself for the VBAC? If anything.

LolaInLove
June 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Roon, keep doing it all! I had an OP and section with #1, and with #2, I got her in the perfect position. I was SUPER vigilant about my posture, always making sure I had a "hammock" created with my belly. I did tons of the cat/cow yoga position, which felt great on my back anyway. I always slept with a big pillow under my body so that when I was laying on my left side, I was turned down with my belly, kwim? I swear, it all helped. My doula turned me on to spinningbabies, and I am SO grateful that she did. I recommend it to all of my friends. You are still early and he has plenty of time to get himself in the right position. I was in the same boat with #2 at around 25 weeks, and I was all the more determined to get her butt up. Just keep making a hammock for him....lean over when you sit and stand. It may not be ladylike, but who cares. You can do it!

Roonarpia
June 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Roon, keep doing it all! I had an OP and section with #1, and with #2, I got her in the perfect position. I was SUPER vigilant about my posture, always making sure I had a "hammock" created with my belly. I did tons of the cat/cow yoga position, which felt great on my back anyway. I always slept with a big pillow under my body so that when I was laying on my left side, I was turned down with my belly, kwim? I swear, it all helped. My doula turned me on to spinningbabies, and I am SO grateful that she did. I recommend it to all of my friends. You are still early and he has plenty of time to get himself in the right position. I was in the same boat with #2 at around 25 weeks, and I was all the more determined to get her butt up. Just keep making a hammock for him....lean over when you sit and stand. It may not be ladylike, but who cares. You can do it!

Thank you Lola!!!! I will do the hammock thing, I hope I am doing it right...is it like swaying your back toward your belly?

LolaInLove
June 6th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Thank you Lola!!!! I will do the hammock thing, I hope I am doing it right...is it like swaying your back toward your belly?

Well, that's the cat/cow positions or movements, so to speak: http://www.iyogalife.com/beginner/Cat-Cow.shtml

The hammock thing is more like a metaphor for how you create a hammock with your belly for your baby with leaning over. Naturally, the heavier part of him will gravitate downward, so if you are leaning forward, his back will swivel around and he'll be in the right position!

Roonarpia
June 6th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Well, that's the cat/cow positions or movements, so to speak: http://www.iyogalife.com/beginner/Cat-Cow.shtml

The hammock thing is more like a metaphor for how you create a hammock with your belly for your baby with leaning over. Naturally, the heavier part of him will gravitate downward, so if you are leaning forward, his back will swivel around and he'll be in the right position!

Ah, gotcha, doing both! Thank you!

TTC5
June 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I had a vbac and also, helped me sister just 8 weeks ago with her vba2c!!!!!

Roonarpia
June 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM

That is AWESOME!!! where did you both have your VBACs?

TTC5
June 6th, 2011, 08:08 PM
That is AWESOME!!! where did you both have your VBACs?

In hospital :)

DoulaMama
June 6th, 2011, 11:39 PM

YAY! I love hearing those stories!!! Way to go!

TTC5
June 6th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Was a wonderful even that is for sure and a hard battle aswell unfortunately but it can be done!!!!

LolaInLove
June 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
There is nothing to be afraid of.....if you have healed well from your sections and had some time between pregnancies, you should have nothing to worry about. Whether or not you choose to do it at home is up to you, but definitely go for the vaggie birth! It is SOOOO much better all the way around!

CherryBlossom
April 27th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I understand this is an old thread.
But wondering if there are any ladies still on the forum who are interested in talking about VBACs and what not.
I had my VBAC back in 2010 after my son was delivered ECS.

1+2+3boys
January 16th, 2015, 04:37 PM
My next and final birth will be a VBAC if I get pregnant again. I'd consider it at home since I live close to hospital now or at least the birthing centre. Since my first birth was unmedicated V I think that should make it more easy. My reason for C for 2nd birth was uncooperative twins in two very bad positions so couldn't even try