PDA

View Full Version : unlocked iphones any one in USA

Mykids
May 31st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

Does any one uses unlocked iphone here. I wanted some info on this. Where did you buy an unlocked iphone & from which provider (verizon, At & T &.......)did you get your Phone & data plan.

I am looking at amazon.com but i dont know how do they work after buying them. Do Apple shops sell Unlocked iphone.

Roonarpia
May 31st, 2011, 03:57 PM
sorry I am not in the "know" on this one, good luck :)

mybluepilot
May 31st, 2011, 05:02 PM
My DH is an i( everything freak) so he says that u dont need to buy an unlocked iphone u could just get a regular iPhone then u have to jailbreak it this is the site that gives you how to do that
http://iclarified.com/jailbreak/index.php
Please READ INSTRUCTION VERY CAREFULLY, I screwd my phone twice and then I was successful

We r with AT&T and we jailbreak our phones and iPad to be able to get Cydia and installous (sp) to get free aps

Let me know if u need help

3Pink1Blue
June 5th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Apple doesn't sell unlocked iPhones as unlocking/jail breaking voids the warrantee and makes them unstable. I used to have a jail broken phone and it didn't always back up properly. Each time an update is released you have to wait for them to create a new jail break and then you have to completely re-setup your phone. I stopped because basically there wasn't anything that great that made it worth the hassle.

Why are you looking to get an unlocked/ jail broken phone? They are pretty awesome just the way they are.

skrimpy
June 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Can't get a carrier unlocked iPhone stateside. I agree that the phone is awesome even w/o being jailbroken! It's like my little Swiss army knife ;)

I have also had no problems with AT&T being my carrier, though you can now choose Verizon :)

Mykids
June 6th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I need an unlocked phone becasue i keep travelling out of country. So i could change the Sim Card when ever it is required.

That was the reason i am looking for unlocked phones/iphones.

My Husband has At&t Blackberry & i am planning to buy At&T iphone (white) Though i work for verizon wireless :)

3Pink1Blue
June 6th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Got it. Interesting situation FYI jail breaking will not help with that.

skrimpy
June 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
You can buy carrier unlocked phones but they will come from a carrier unlocked country. So you could go to an Apple store in Canada and buy one carrier unlocked. You can get them on EBay, too though you will pay a premium that way!

I am not sure if AT&T would be happy about an unlocked phone in the US but you may could find info on other's experiences online.

skrimpy
June 14th, 2011, 09:18 PM
thought you'd like to see this mykids - Apple has released carrier unlocked phones in the US:

http://gizmodo.com/5811673/apple-is-now-selling-unlocked-iphone-4s-from-650

rethu
June 3rd, 2013, 12:44 AM
I need an unlocked phone becasue i keep travelling out of country. So i could change the Sim Card when ever it is required.

That was the reason i am looking for unlocked phones/iphones.

My Husband has At&t Blackberry & i am planning to buy At&T iphone (white) Though i work for verizon wireless :)

You can buy unlocked iphones from Ebay.I think Apple doesn't sell unlocked iPhone's. From my view I would say to buy locked ones.Because locked ones are more cheaper than unlocked one.Nowadays most of the mobile phones come with locked status and usually people prefer to buy locked phones than unlocked one..I preferred locked phones after getting locked one i unlocked in this site Mobileunlocksolutions.com (http://www.Mobileunlocksolutions.com/supported-phones/rs16wp7/) and my total expense in buying a locked one and get it unlocked is very much less compared to get unlocked phones. If you are interested you can also buy a locked phone and unlock it.