PDA

View Full Version : Cravings and gender

aidansmum
November 12th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Hi girls. I read that when you are pregnant with a boy you crave salty/spicy food and with a girl sweets. I am still in my 2WW and all I eat all day is salad and tomatoes with lemon and salt (there goes my girl :))
I craved salty food with 2 of my boys and the third one I had hardly any cravings at all! All boys.
Just for fun, what did you crave and what was the outcome?

thehappypixi
November 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Honestly I just think its what you fancy! I've craved salty food and red meat for the third time and having a girl!

icesfire
November 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM
hi aidansmum

with my first 4 pregancy I crave fish baby ware both geander all those only the girls made it throe. My last pregancy it was stack craving witch was a girl.

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk

snipsnsnails
November 12th, 2013, 02:46 PM
With my boys I did crave salty and/or spicy things. Pickles, hot dogs, banana peppers you name it. No cravings yet with this one...

zem7
November 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I remember with number 4 it was veggies (boy) with this one number 5, it is anything sweet or chocolate (girl). Babies 1,2,and 3 sort of went all over the place, so no true say for those three.

atomic sagebrush
November 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM
This does not work and would be absolutely impossible at your stage of gestation anyway because the genders have not yet begun to differentiate themselves.

I craved different things with different kids and actually had a fair few "boy" cravings with my daughter (mustard - which I don't even like normally)

aidansmum
November 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I am a salt craver anyway, even before AF is due when I'm not pregnant I have the weirdest things for lunch, like popcorn and half a head of lettuce and tomato with lemon. It's weird that I didn't crave anything with my third boy, I didn't even think I was pregnant because the first sign is just very irresistible salty food craving. Once I knocked on someone's door to ask please give me some green mangoes from your mango tree as I am pregnant and salivating over green mangoes and salt. Funny!

Hobbermittens
November 12th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I can barely remember anymore.... DD1, I ate tons of macaroni and cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches; DS1 I always wanted taco salad and Mexican food; DD2 I ate a lot of pizza, and DS2 I was into tacos. So both my boys I liked Spicy stuff I guess. With all of them, I am pretty sure I craved fruit.

dloui128
November 12th, 2013, 05:38 PM
With DD1 I craved salty things like french fries and also ate lots of cereal. With DD2 I like anything spicy, I put hot sauce on everything. With DS1 I craved all foods lol I couldn't stop eating. But if I had to think of something that I ate alot of it would probably be french fries just like DD1

SoulSister
November 12th, 2013, 07:05 PM
This old wives tale does apply to me! Very random :)
With the boys I couldn't handle sweet stuff and only wanted savoury, with the girls I could eat cake for breakfast! Lol.

aidansmum
November 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Hope you're wrong SoulSister. It's just 8 am and I feel like tomato, lemon and salt for breakfast. I woke up craving it in the middle of the night :rolleyes:

atomic sagebrush
November 13th, 2013, 03:57 PM
the Y chromosome is not even doing anything yet, it's dormant at this stage of gestation...there is no way for your body to differentiate between a male and female pg at this stage of the game

aidansmum
November 13th, 2013, 09:41 PM
My grandma swears by it :) Don't worry, I don't believe it either, old wives tales are just fun. With my boys my grandma used to swing my wedding ring on top of my tummy, to her it was all it took. :p Wish it was that simple!

Dreamingof2girls
November 13th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I'm 11 weeks pregnant. & this baby now has me 4 a loop!! I want sweets & then I find them gross, I carve red meat & then the thought of it sickens me lol I want both salty & sweet. With my sons I wanted all salty & spicy

sbowman
November 13th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I craved salty/spicy foods (which I couldn't eat because of reflux) and MEAT. Mmm. Meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)