PDA

View Full Version : Early scan? Should I go for it?

Cauliflower
November 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Hi,

I was thinking about having an early scan privately, just to know that everything is fine with the baby and of course know the gender. Today letter abt regular scan arrived, 17th dec.
And now I am thinking, it is what it is, I can wait one more month! (The money I am going to spend on the scan will be more useful for people in Fillipine!)
On the other hand, I am dreaming about a baby girl and all that pink stuff. Going over my sway, regretting things, sometimes being certain it is a girl, and opposite! Driving myself crazy.

And thinking, I dont mind another boy, it is just that this is definately our last one, and I will probably never experience having a daughter (one door closed!)

Should I? I guess it is my call, but still.....

GT77
November 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM
How much does it cost?

Cauliflower
November 14th, 2013, 03:25 PM
200 USD. It is not a lot of course. Maybe it is not even that.....
Better to live in hope rather than loosing it?

tmbabcock
November 14th, 2013, 03:42 PM
That seems like a lot for a simple elective gender scan. I only paid $60 for mine.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 14th, 2013, 03:49 PM
I'd do it. I did it with a couple of my children.

Funkyfry
November 14th, 2013, 04:26 PM
The waiting to find out is so so hard!!!! I know how you feel! Here the earliest you can get gender scan is 19 weeks!!! Ages away!!! If I could find out earlier I definitely would!!

Cauliflower
November 14th, 2013, 04:31 PM
The waiting to find out is so so hard!!!! I know how you feel! Here the earliest you can get gender scan is 19 weeks!!! Ages away!!! If I could find out earlier I definitely would!!

I can! But something is holding me back... Just not ready for the disappointment, but again, will I ever be...
When is yours?

Funkyfry
November 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
But you could be carrying a girl either???

Mine is not till second week in jan !!! Aaaahhhhh it's killing me

GT77
November 14th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Funk fry second week is jan is far!! I rather just find out and get the guessing over with. I do feel I won't get my dd and I'm going to be so upset. If u find out now it isn't a girl by 20 weeks u won't be as upset u will have no choice to move on and best part is if it is a girl u r going to be the most happiest person ever!! The gender is picked so doesn't matter. Also three weeks is still so close. It'd up to u if u think u can wait without finding out.

Cauliflower
November 16th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Funk fry second week is jan is far!! I rather just find out and get the guessing over with. I do feel I won't get my dd and I'm going to be so upset. If u find out now it isn't a girl by 20 weeks u won't be as upset u will have no choice to move on and best part is if it is a girl u r going to be the most happiest person ever!! The gender is picked so doesn't matter. Also three weeks is still so close. It'd up to u if u think u can wait without finding out.

I have decided to wait. Feeling more calm now. At least I can dream for a bit longer.
Yes Funkyfry, I know it is tough....but I agree with GT!
I hope we all get our DG, FX!!!!

Ribenaberry
November 16th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I kept going through anxious phases of needing to know, but now I am honestly glad I waited as I don't care what gender it is. i think if I'd found out girl when I was desperate to know I'd have been really upset, whereas now although I'd still love to hear boy it won't seem like a disappointment if we are having another girl :)

We hopefully find out a week on tuesday at 18+5, I'm just hoping they can see!!

Don't get me wrong, it's been torture waiting and seeing everyone find out, but now I think it's been worth it :)

Xxx

Cauliflower
November 16th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I kept going through anxious phases of needing to know, but now I am honestly glad I waited as I don't care what gender it is. i think if I'd found out girl when I was desperate to know I'd have been really upset, whereas now although I'd still love to hear boy it won't seem like a disappointment if we are having another girl :)

We hopefully find out a week on tuesday at 18+5, I'm just hoping they can see!!

Don't get me wrong, it's been torture waiting and seeing everyone find out, but now I think it's been worth it :)

Xxx

Yes, I completely understand. If I went to a scan privately, it would be only to find out gender. Whereas on regular scan, the focus is babys health, and gender is just a side thing, YKWIM.

Good luck to you!
Sending blue dust :)

Xxx