PDA

View Full Version : Desire or Intuition?

sjbroadley
November 16th, 2013, 02:37 PM
:suprise: Not sure were to start..
I have three very handsome little men, and love them all to the moon and back, Im now pregnant with baby 4, and desperate for a girl, I would love a boy if baby were to be a boy obviously, but I cant help but feel like it will leave me with a huge hole in my life.

I always imagined I would have two boys and a girl, and obviously that isn't the case, I just cant ever imagine NEVER getting to be at first grandchild's birth with a daughter, never getting to plait a little girls hair, never getting to buy dresses, leggings, pretty little bobbles.

A few things have been different in this pregnancy, awful indegestion early on that made me feel sick, spots, which just havent cleared at all(never had this with the boys) and Im completely torn to what I think babies gender is... Part of me thinks its a girl, but then I wonder wether this is just my desire and not my true intuition, the other part of me thinks, its bound to be another boy, I can never imagine sonographer saying "its a girl".

I guess I just needed to write this down as gender scan is on friday, and Im so so so nervous, if baby is a boy he would be loved regardless, but it would be my dream of a girl over as we are litrally at our limit.
Im not sure I can handle the thought of NEVER having a little girl.
I know its a completely pointless post.

Cauliflower
November 16th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I can understand your feelings. For us this is our final baby. I dont mind another boy, but it is the thought of never experience having a daughter that kills me :(
And like you, I cant even imagine the tech saying a girl!

But we can both have girls, it IS possible, may be hard to believe but....
I dont know what more to say. Except that we are here for you.

Xxxx

GT77
November 16th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Just think girl!! And pray!! It's scary but hopefully this will be your girl.

1+2+3boys
November 16th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I really hope this is your daughter. Your post is not pointless because I honestly feel I could have written it myself almost word for word and it is nice to know you are not alone in your feelings. My partner and I want one more but it will be our last, 4th and final. I have three amazing sons and another one of them can not possibly be a bad thing in anyway, I just don't know how I will cope if it comes to the point where my dream of having a daughter is over and I have to let go.
I wonder if I don't get to have a daughter if I will ever stop resenting the fact. I desire the things you mentioned as well as others and I know some of them are not a garentee like being at the birth of your daughters baby and I would be fine if I had one and she did not want me there but to know there is NO chance because I do not have a daughter is so hard to accept.
I am nervous for your scan for you, I can't wait to hear and I really do hope it is your daughter you are carrying.

BTW, I was so sure I was having girls with my twins but I think it was more of a want than intuition. I wouldn't trust intuition when you have a preference. For my first I truely didn't mind what I was having and I was sure he was a boy and was right.

iHeartM
November 17th, 2013, 04:17 AM
I don't think your post is pointless! It's a lot like something I would have written. I sooo hope you get your girl! I can identify with your feelings whether or not to trust intuition. I have a strong intuition that I'm having a boy (but hoping for a girl)...I can't decide if it is legit or if it is my way of trying to prepare myself for a boy and being in denial that this could be a girl. I also have a hard time imagining the doctor saying it's a girl.

Hope this is your girl :) Keep us posted

atomic sagebrush
November 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
My experience has been that it's at least in part, the possibility of a daughter, that makes GD cut so deep for people. If it's really truly off the table, people naturally do still have a little sadness over it but it's not the depth of life-shattering feelings that we experience when we go through GD the first time. Most people who decide to move on with their families without their DG, are happy and satisfied and end up filling that "hole" with other relationships and other things.

3littleladies
November 17th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Ive been where you're at but the opposite gender, so I know how you feel, I really thought my 3rd was going to be a boy!

I really hope its your little girl in there & if its not we are all here to support you x

1+2+3boys
November 18th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Atomic is right. People do move on without their GD, I am just having a negative week and that triggers my GD. I really need to try not to be so negative sometimes! I hope you do not have to move on though. Goodluck!

sjbroadley
November 22nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Well It would look like whatever it was desire or intuition it was correct! We are expecting a little GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Funkyfry
November 23rd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Well It would look like whatever it was desire or intuition it was correct! We are expecting a little GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Huge congrats!!! Fantastic news

atomic sagebrush
November 23rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
huge congrats!

sjbroadley
November 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Thank you, Im still in shock and can't quite beleive it, keep looking back to double check at scan photos, our little princess. Im besotted, she looks so girly on scan photos aswell its unreal!

Cauliflower
November 23rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Such a wonderful news, Congrats!!!!
I am finding out on Monday, booked an early scan....terrified....

Funkyfry
November 23rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
Best of luck Hun!!! I really hope you hear girl xx

Honeysucklelanegirl
November 23rd, 2013, 03:24 PM

Best of luck Hun!!! I really hope you hear girl xx

Good luck Funkyfry and Cauliflower xxx

1+2+3boys
November 23rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
oh my gosh, congrats! :)