PDA

View Full Version : Being negitive

Bump3
November 18th, 2013, 06:04 AM
I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my third I have two boys already and really and I mean really want a little girl it is all I can think about I have had dreams of haveing a scan and being told boy and I'm waking up in near tears I feel terrible. I have me scan to find out in 3 days and I'm actually realy scarred of being told boy again I have posted my scan pics and had few girl guesses but I feel as Pugh it just won't happen to me :-(

Thanks in advance for any replies x x

Funkyfry
November 18th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Totally understandable!! Like you it's all I can think if. I keep looking up signs of girl on google. I didn't get a nub shot on my 12 week scan so totally in the dark!! I really want to find out but 19 weeks is the earliest I can get a gender scan here!!!! So far away!!!

GT77
November 18th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I SPOKE to a nurse today and she told me since I am not nauseous I am probably having a boy. I can go for a 4d ultrasound at this place for only $49, it won't tell me the gender but i can have people take guesses. Do u think thats worth it. I mean can u get an answer at 11 weeks and 4 days, or is there no way? I am waiting for maternt21 and I am feeling very depressed. I have zero symptoms except sore boobs which have gradually not been so sore anymore. I am feeling hopeless and for me this is my last child. I wish my husband was willing to have three but he isn't. I think whatever will be will be at this point! 3 days sooo soon!! What are your symptoms?

atomic sagebrush
November 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
That nurse should be fired and I would report her to her superiors.

I have read the actual studies done on nauseousness during pregnancy and the FACT is that there is a slightly higher rate of hyperemesis gravidium (the very severe form of morning sickness) for women carrying a girl. That's IT. (and when I say slightly, it's like 3% or some teensy amount like that.) The studies found no increased incidence of morning sickness or nausea in girl pregnancies, it was only that tiny difference in rates of hyperemesis.

you can't tell the difference in gender at 11+4 because the Y chromosome has only just started to kick in to make the testosterone that causes the genitalia to differentiate. At this stage of gestation, girl bits and boy bits are identical - it's only once the testosterone starts flowing that the penis starts to form. i don't even think at 12 weeks it's reliable, I strongly urge waiting till 13 weeks plus to have a scan.

luxelover
November 18th, 2013, 03:02 PM
If it makes you feel better I had severe morning sickness with both of my pregnancies - and I have 2 (amazing) sons. That nurse is repeating an old wives' tale, so pay her no heed!

black&gold
November 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Well I've had basically had hyperemesis gravidium with all 3 of my pregnancies.. I just found a drug that helped control it but I get EXTREMELY ill every pregnancy. I would say with #3 (we don't know gender) my sickness started the earliest, but aside from that they pretty much were all the same. Practically the only moms I know who didn't get sick were girl moms. All my friends or family that had extreme morning sickness all had boys. I know we have a hard time not believing this OWT (even I sometimes think - oh maybe girl!) but it's so not true. You have all the chance in the world. And no way would I pay for a gender scan right now - there have been so many people told the wrong thing because it's way too early. Wait for your results from your screening because those are actually accurate! Hoping for some pink for all of us! xo

missmegrn
November 18th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Just chiming in here...I have 2dd's. With dd1, I had no symptoms besides sore breasts and occasional headaches..no nausea at all. With dd2 I had a lot of nausea up until wk 24. So again, the amount of nausea that is occurring during the pg cannot determine the gender of the fetus, whoever says that it can is very mistaken and should not even be suggesting it at all. I had 2 very different pg, both resulting in girls, if those old wives tales were any bit true, I should have one of each gender..lol.

Bump3
November 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Thank you all for ur replies fingers crossed for all of us. Will update on Thursday night x

Minimelton0173
November 18th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Good luck for Thursday bump3. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'm another mum that has 2 boys and morning sickness with both! OWT's are simply not true! X

snipsnsnails
November 18th, 2013, 04:23 PM
I had bad sickness with my 3 boys! That nurse has no right giving advice like that. I have a much better pregnancy this time but it could still be boy. Only the u/s and/or blood test can confirm. Keep your head up.

Adia
November 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Only the u/s and/or blood test can confirm. Keep your head up.

Agreed and AMEN!!

Bump3
November 20th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Well d day tomoz find out weather my girlie will ne joining us and the closer it gets the more scared I am of being told boy ggrrrr I feel so horrid but I want that little girl who grows into ur best friend soooo bad feel lonley x x

MrsSparkles
November 20th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Well d day tomoz find out weather my girlie will ne joining us and the closer it gets the more scared I am of being told boy ggrrrr I feel so horrid but I want that little girl who grows into ur best friend soooo bad feel lonley x x

I'll be thinking pink for you !
xxxx

Dana-Alicia
November 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM
That nurse should be fired and I would report her to her superiors.

I have read the actual studies done on nauseousness during pregnancy and the FACT is that there is a slightly higher rate of hyperemesis gravidium (the very severe form of morning sickness) for women carrying a girl. That's IT. (and when I say slightly, it's like 3% or some teensy amount like that.) The studies found no increased incidence of morning sickness or nausea in girl pregnancies, it was only that tiny difference in rates of hyperemesis.

you can't tell the difference in gender at 11+4 because the Y chromosome has only just started to kick in to make the testosterone that causes the genitalia to differentiate. At this stage of gestation, girl bits and boy bits are identical - it's only once the testosterone starts flowing that the penis starts to form. i don't even think at 12 weeks it's reliable, I strongly urge waiting till 13 weeks plus to have a scan.

What I was wondering with regards to hyperemesis (have had it with all 3 of my pregnancies) if it could be caused by poor lifestyle? Vitamin deficiencies for example (b vits, magnesium etc) and since women with less healthy lifestyle tend to have more girls, could that be the reason for more nausea? I don't think it has to do with gender at all, but is def linked to what we eat.

I hope you all hear what you want to hear!

atomic sagebrush
November 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hyperemesis is believed to be caused by hCG and a sensitivity to that. Some girl pregnancies make more hCG than the average boy pregnancy (this is totally unreliable as a method of gender determination BTW) and so in people who are sensitive to hCG levels, a girl pg may provide more of the hCG that they are sensitive to.

I do not believe it to be related to lack of nutrients, otherwise people would ahve had it all the time in the olden days and not much now.

Bump3
November 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I never suffered sickness with my first two (boys) but I have this time could this be a sign of girl or just me hopping so x

Dreamofpink
November 20th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Sorry, but no, it's not a sign. I was exactly the same no sickness at all with either ds & this time round with ds3 I had bad nausea until 14 weeks. I got my hopes up but it meant nothing :(

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

3littleladies
November 20th, 2013, 10:21 PM
All the best, hope you hear Girl!!

GT77
November 20th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Hope u get your girl! Sometimes diff pregnancy symptoms can mean something and can not. Let's hope your case is with your pregnancies are different!! Good luck!!

Bump3
November 21st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Hiya all I'm very pleased to say my little princess is on her way x x

Minimelton0173
November 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM
Congratulations that's fantastic news!! X

thehappypixi
November 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Wonderful! Congrats :D
I felt the same as you before I knew, every waking minute I swear I was thinking about it! The day of the scan I was so nervous I couldn't eat.

GT77
November 24th, 2013, 08:26 AM
How exciting!!! Congratulations!!!