PDA

View Full Version : BFP at 43!!

Little Lunasa
November 24th, 2013, 09:03 AM
This is to give other later moms hope, as I know I eagerly read any posts with positive news for older ladies when ttc.
Actually, I had given up ttc two months ago as I figured I had missed the boat after turning 43 in October, but realised this morning my period was late by three days and I hadn't got any usual pre menstrual spots on my face. And there it was, a bfp!
Now of course I'm stressing over dropping my folic acid two months ago, and flying to Barcelona (took two valium for this as nervous flier) and being on two antibiotics for toothache during the 2ww :(
These I'm sure already added to the high risk of m/c that at 43 I have to be aware of.

Anyway, one day at a time..

At the beginning I was swaying pink but over the months dropped nearly everything as just wanted to get preg, now the only swaying factor that is in my favour is one attempt around ov. (I had stopped charting temps so cant pinpoint o)

Here's hoping :)

3girlsnwaiting
November 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Congratulations!

nuthinbutpink
November 24th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Congrats! It's amazing what our bodies can do when we let go!

Little Lunasa
November 25th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Congratulations!

Thank you 3girls :)

Little Lunasa
November 25th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Congrats! It's amazing what our bodies can do when we let go!
Thanks NBP, I'd heard its quite common for things to work out when you stop stressing but never imagined it would work for me :)

The Anchor
November 25th, 2013, 01:17 PM
OMG! You are my new idol! :bowdown:

HUGE CONGRATS!

Little Lunasa
November 25th, 2013, 01:25 PM
OMG! You are my new idol! :bowdown:

HUGE CONGRATS!
Aww thanks a mil :) Hopefully he/she will stick!

Hobbermittens
November 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Congrats!! Here's to a healthy 9 months. :)

Little Lunasa
November 25th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Congrats!! Here's to a healthy 9 months. :)
Thanks very much Hobbermittens :)

Cauliflower
November 25th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Huge Congrats :) and happy and healthy 9 months for you!

Little Lunasa
November 25th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Huge Congrats :) and happy and healthy 9 months for you!

Thanks Cauliflower, I'm crossing my fingers :)

bunnywabbit
November 25th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Yay! Congrats, little lunasa! So pleased for you! Here's to a h&h 9 months x

Little Lunasa
November 25th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Yay! Congrats, little lunasa! So pleased for you! Here's to a h&h 9 months x

Thank you for your kind words Bunnywabbit :)

chattymonkey
November 25th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Awww, just came across your thread in the new posts and as a fellow 'older mum' (I'm doing HT at the mo) that is lovely news.....and yes, I know so many people who it happened for once they stopped stressing - how wonderful for you - fab news!!! x

Little Lunasa
November 26th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Awww, just came across your thread in the new posts and as a fellow 'older mum' (I'm doing HT at the mo) that is lovely news.....and yes, I know so many people who it happened for once they stopped stressing - how wonderful for you - fab news!!! x
Thanks chattymonkey, and Best of luck with the HT, I would have loved to have gone that route if finances allowed :)

purplemonkey
November 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM
You give me so much hope. I too am 43 and am trying to decide how much longer to keep trying or to give up and be done once and for all. And I did give HT a go and ended up with nothing but a pile of debt. Over 35000.00 dollars in debt after all the cycles were a bust. FX and toes and everything that you have a healthy sticky bean in there :)

Little Lunasa
November 26th, 2013, 04:54 PM
You give me so much hope. I too am 43 and am trying to decide how much longer to keep trying or to give up and be done once and for all. And I did give HT a go and ended up with nothing but a pile of debt. Over 35000.00 dollars in debt after all the cycles were a bust. FX and toes and everything that you have a healthy sticky bean in there :)
Aww purplemonkey thank you so much for your good wishes :)
I think me stressing over ttc was a lot to blame for not getting preg, so maybe if you take a step back and let go, it might help (easier said than done I know!) but really, I think it makes the difference. So sorry to hear about your HT journey :(
but stay hopeful, if it happened for me it can happen for you xx

Quad7114
November 27th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Congrats! My Grandma got pregnant with twins naturally at 40 yrs old. That was yrs ago but it can happen. Hope you have a great pregnancy!

lisvna
November 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Amazing, congratulations!!! I will tell all my friends over 40 who want to get pregnant, it will give them hope again! Thanks for sharing!

BV0812
November 27th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Congratulations!!

atomic sagebrush
November 27th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Wahoo!!! huge congrats!!! sending you a ton of sticky pink "old lady" dust LOL!!!

Little Lunasa
November 27th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Congrats! My Grandma got pregnant with twins naturally at 40 yrs old. That was yrs ago but it can happen. Hope you have a great pregnancy!
Thank you Quad! omg twins--- not sure if I could cope lol :)

Little Lunasa
November 27th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Amazing, congratulations!!! I will tell all my friends over 40 who want to get pregnant, it will give them hope again! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Lisvna :) yes please tell them, its hard to keep hoping when the clock is ticking so loud

Little Lunasa
November 27th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Congratulations!!
Thank you :)

Little Lunasa
November 27th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Wahoo!!! huge congrats!!! sending you a ton of sticky pink "old lady" dust LOL!!!
Thanks Atomic, I need all the luck I can get :)

Petal
November 27th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Congrats!!! x x

Little Lunasa
November 27th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Congrats!!! x x

Thank you! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)