PDA

View Full Version : Gender scan on Friday

iHeartM
November 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM
On Friday we will hopefully find out the gender of this baby. I will be 17 weeks..although my doc doesn't like to guess gender before 18 weeks I'm still going to ask and hope that baby is in a good position. I have had very strong feelings from the beginning that it's a boy; I really can't hardly imagine it being a girl. Ramzi looked boy and I know potty shots at 13 weeks don't matter much but I swear it looked boy. I'm not sure if all this intuition is correct or if it's just my way to try to prepare myself if it is a boy. I don't even let myself entertain the thought of it being a girl because I don't want to get my hopes up. I refer to the baby as a boy and "the little guy" and we have only looked at boy names and talked about this baby being a boy...basically I have grown so accustomed to the idea I'm hoping I won't be too disappointed. Anyway, I just needed somewhere to get this all out. Although everything is already decided, wish me luck! DH doesn't want anymore kids so I especially have my fingers crossed!

GT77
November 24th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Good luck same here this is my last one!!

iHeartM
November 25th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Good luck to you too! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Funkyfry
November 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Best of luck for Friday!!

Petal
November 25th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Fingers crossed for Friday!

iHeartM
November 25th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Thank you!

DreamInBlue
November 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Good luck! I know how you feel (except opposite) and I won't know for 3 more weeks! Keep us updated.

:fingers: for you!

iHeartM
November 25th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Thank you! I will def. update after!

iHeartM
November 28th, 2013, 05:03 PM
About 12 hours (give or take) until I *might* know the sex of the baby...I had a pretty realistic dream last night that I found out it was a boy at the ultrasound so that has me even more convinced. Will update if/when I find out ;) I just want to know so I can deal with the outcome so I will be pretty upset if I don't get to find out tomorrow.

Little Lunasa
November 28th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Good luck tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

3littleladies
November 28th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Good Luck, normally when you dream of a certain gender its usually the opposite! So you're probably having a Girl!

1+2+3boys
November 29th, 2013, 01:51 AM
I hope it went well today :)

iHeartM
November 30th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I didn't update because I was so disappointed...not because of the gender but because we didn't even get to find the gender out :/ She didn't even really try to guess, just said it was too early. I tried to look when she was measuring the femur but couldn't make anything out...I think the baby was in a bad position :( I go back in 2 weeks for another scan and I'm hoping beyond hoping that we can find out then. I just want to find out so I can deal with it, kwim? Not knowing is so hard...if it is a boy I will find a way to get excited about him but I just want to know for sure.

ocean
November 30th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Not knowing is better than someone taking a guess that could well be wrong - confusion angst is the worst. Hope the rest of the scan went ok

iHeartM
December 1st, 2013, 02:28 PM
This is true...I would be absolutely devastated if they said girl and two weeks later they said boy! Thankfully the scan looked good but it was very basic, just measured head, stomach and femur. I go back on the 13th for a more in depth scan.

Adia
December 1st, 2013, 04:30 PM
HOW FRUSTRATING....but ocean is right. Better know for sure than a mistake! Keep us posted!

1+2+3boys
December 1st, 2013, 11:28 PM
How frustrating! How many weeks will you be next scan?

monkeysnuffer
December 2nd, 2013, 03:03 AM
good luck at your next scan!

iHeartM
December 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys! I'm 19 weeks and doctor thinks we are having a GIRL!! I'm still skeptical though...first the legs were closed, then she said "Well, there isn't anything there so I would guess girl" (and I know that lack of penis does not automatically mean girl)...then after a minute she said "blah blah blah girl"... I didn't hear her and neither did DH! Not sure if she said definitely girl or what. I do have another scan coming up where I will ask them to confirm, I just hope she doesn't grow a penis before then!! If it is truly a girl I will update on here what was included in our sway for those of you that are curious!

1+2+3boys
December 16th, 2013, 08:44 PM
That sounds promising. Goodluck! I hope she does not grow a penis :D

iHeartM
December 17th, 2013, 03:11 PM
That sounds promising. Goodluck! I hope she does not grow a penis :D

Thank you! haha! I'm a bit nervous that they will tell me that it's a boy after all but since my doc couldn't see everything she needed to see to determine if the baby is healthy I've been more worried about that than the gender. The scan this Thursday will be a level II so hopefully this baby will get a clean bill of health! Even if they do say it's a boy I think I will be overjoyed if he is healthy because I have been so anxious about something being wrong.

iHeartM
December 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Just wanted to update that the doc today said he is 95% sure it's a girl! I saw the 3 lines myself as well :) More importantly everything looked healthy!

1+2+3boys
December 20th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Wonderful news! Very pleased for you. COngrats

3littleladies
December 20th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Oh wow thats great news, congratulations!

Funkyfry
December 20th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Great news!! Congratulations

iHeartM
December 20th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Thank you!

hotdogz&boyz
December 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM
Congrats :)