PDA

View Full Version : Products we LOVE for TTC Pink

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2011, 10:28 AM
Have you stumbled upon a great product that you really like? Share it here!

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM
When I was swaying pink, I loved the Yoplait Light yogurt. They are fat-free and sweetened with aspartame.

http://www.yoplait.com/products/yoplait-light-yogurt

ETA - the Cinnamon Roll flavor is actually pretty tasty.

CocoChanel
January 1st, 2011, 03:49 PM
You mean it doesn't have to be Greek? THANK - YOU !!!! :Flower:

hopefulfornumber3
January 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM
I wondered this too. can we eat the fruity diet stuff?

JackiesHope
January 1st, 2011, 11:16 PM
Can any of this swaying stuff be used when doing IVF?

I'd like as many girl embryos as possible :)

atomic sagebrush
January 8th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I know greek yogurt is higher in minerals, but it's also LOADED with fat and calories. My personal belief is that it is better to meet mineral requirements through supplements rather than load up on foods that are going to send the message to your body that times are good.

Plus, full fat dairy has been proven to HELP with fertility, and anything that increases fertility seems to sway BLUE. I would stick to fat-free dairy products.

lindi
January 11th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Yeah I read some stuff about fat swaying blue. I am loving loving loving my Traditional Medicinals organic spearmint tea. YUM! Used to drink like 3 cups of decaf coffee a day and I so don't miss the coffee!

crystal-light
January 14th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Ok, I checked out the yoplait light yogurt and it contains gelatin- Does that matter?

lindi
January 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
There is a company called Wallaby that makes organic fat free yogurt I like I get it at Whole Foods. It doesn't have aspartame though.

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Ok, I checked out the yoplait light yogurt and it contains gelatin- Does that matter?

It's such a small amount, I can't imagine that it would matter.

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM
There is a company called Wallaby that makes organic fat free yogurt I like I get it at Whole Foods. It doesn't have aspartame though.
If you get plain yogurt, you can always mix aspartame into it. It's actually kinda tasty.

lindi
January 18th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks but I'm a little skittish about the aspartame because its a neurotoxin and I read it is linked to birth defects.

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I don't blame you for that, but of course I like to think we're on it for such a short time that it will be ok.

lindi
January 19th, 2011, 05:50 PM
What do you think of adding it in only as I'm approaching o during the month of my attempts?

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2011, 07:43 PM
That makes sense to me. I don't like it either but it has worked for people.

lindi
January 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I also love this aveda tourmaline charged hydrating creme I just got. Its for the face, but I'm rubbing a little on my lower abdomen too.- rubbing being the key because I think it generates the negative ions when rubbed/heated.

Another princess
January 20th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I also love this aveda tourmaline charged hydrating creme I just got. Its for the face, but I'm rubbing a little on my lower abdomen too.- rubbing being the key because I think it generates the negative ions when rubbed/heated.

Thanks lindi will google this hydrating creme. Sounds great!

jd03pd
January 21st, 2011, 11:14 PM
I have found some Greek Yogurt that is 0% fat...wouldn't this be okay? I think the brand was something like FAGE.

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 04:52 PM
If it's fat free it's ok by me! Just watch your protein intake.

lindi
February 7th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Okay best yogurt ever. Well, not the tastiest, but really not bad. And its not got aspartame, but you can add aspartame to everything else you don't nee dit in yogurt - and I like to eat only organic food, and the only thing is it's not organic, but look at this:

"Silk Live! Soy Yogurt" Raspberry
6oz
150 cal
0 cholesterol
25mg sodium (1%)
Dietary Fiber 1g (4%)
Protein 4g
Calcium 30%

It SO low in protein compared to others and super low in sodium at the same time.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Nice! I LIKE that idea lindi!

Plus it has FIBER! And the calcium, by virtue of being added in a supplementary way, may be "better" for swaying purposes than calcium in dairy.

Coccinelle33
February 8th, 2011, 11:14 PM
whats the deal with fiber and ttc a girl? i think i missed that some where?

lindi
February 9th, 2011, 12:29 AM
it carries away cholesterol (lowering testosterone. High testosterone sways blue)

and helps with constipation (typical on a girl diet from refined carbs) A lack of dietary fiber slows down the binding of estrogen by fiber in the intestinal tract where the liver has sent the inactivated estrogen. High animal fat intake stimulates the growth of bacteria that can act on estrogen so it gets reabsorbed into the body. These animal fats also increase the production of Prostaglandin F 2, which decreases the amount of progesterone made in the ovary. (HIgh progesterone sways girl)

(The increased ability to deactivate and eliminate excess estrogen explains why women on high fiber vegetarian diets have much less PMS and less breast cancer than women on low fiber high animal fat diets.)

excess estrogen sways blue.

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2011, 09:32 AM
:agree:What she said!:agree:

lindi
February 9th, 2011, 03:28 PM
ha just copied this from some health site. I sound so smart, hunh!

Coccinelle33
February 10th, 2011, 12:32 PM
what what should we be taking or eating for fiber?

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM
They have fiber capsules in health food stores that you can buy - like Benefiber, Chitoslim, even Metamucil has capsules now instead of that gross drink. Make sure that the kind you get is not fortified with other vitamins because some of them are.

You can also get fiber from cucumbers, apples with the skin cut off, iceberg lettuce.

Coccinelle33
February 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM
how much should i be taking?

lindi
February 10th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I take the recommended dose on the bottle- 4 capsules.

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I think the dosages are different depending on what brand you get, so I would just take the normal amount as listed on the bottle.

babydust
February 13th, 2011, 02:41 PM
hmm, I would think the fiber is ok, but I buy into the whole "low nutrient theory" when swaying girl, so I would probably opt out of that extra fiber in favor of just having lower amounts of nutrients during the sway

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Fiber is good though because it actually helps remove nutrients from your digestive tract that would otherwise be absorbed into the body. Fiber itself isn't a nutrient, it's just a sponge. It soaks up fat and fat soluble vitamins like A and D.

Tulips
March 16th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Gosh I wish I'd known about fiber :( So many interesting things on this site.

ButterflyMama
March 16th, 2011, 01:15 AM
For me it was Diet Yogurt & Cranberry Juice... they were the main things I lived on :)

Out of the Blue
April 19th, 2011, 03:37 PM
For me it's online food logging...This isn't really a product but a very useful tool to manage my diet. I use MyFitnessPal.com (I love their food database) but there are many other free logging sites out there. It makes it foolproof to maintain your diet by letting you know your calcium, sodium, etc. intake. I don't log anymore since after a few weeks, I new exactly how much of what I could eat. It's a great tool to get you started on your sway. Online food logging is also how I lost 23 lbs last summer.

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Found a few more goodies for you guys!

Safeway flavored rice cakes (sounds like these are also sold at Vons) - low fat, low protein, low cal, and some of the flavors are very low in sodium as well. They have buttered popcorn, kettlecorn, marshmallow, caramel, sour cream and onion, cheddar, yogurt and berry, and chocolate. I didn't like the chocolate but the rest were decent, and the sour cream, cheddar, and yogurt flavors were downright good.

Bumblebee fat free tuna salad meal on the go - Ok this has a TON of sodium BUT if you are traveling somewhere and need a quick meal, it's way better than anything you can get in a restaurant. You can always eat 1/2 of it or toss the crackers and put the tuna salad onto unsalted crackers or matzo. Fat free and only 7 g protein. http://www.bumblebee.com/products/Default.aspx?familyID=8&productID=60

Ocean Spray "On the Go" powdered drink mix - These are little Kool-Aid type packets that are sweetened with aspartame, that are designed to be added to a standard water bottle when you're out and about. I liked the taste better than Crystal Light and I like that I didn't have to make an entire pitcher to drink them (fridge space is at a premium around here.) I also mixed a packet with seltzer water and made a sparkling cran drink that was pretty dang tasty. They have 0% juice so all flavors are ok, even the grape and lemonade. They are cran-flavored so who knows, maybe that helps for psychological reasons LOL!!! They do have a lot of Vit. C so if you're going for lower nutrients, you should take that into account but as part of an overall sway, I think they're great!! http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ocean+spray+drink+mix&tag=googhydr-20&index=grocery&hvadid=5308046261&ref=pd_sl_4911wax30l_e

Out of the Blue
May 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
A cup of Rice Milk each day is helping my get by. The brand I'm drinking is 365 (Whole Foods) brand Unsweetened Rice Milk. It's only 45 cals & is low in fat, & protein. The sodium isn't too bad, especially for 1 cup. Also there's 6 grams of fiber & 20% of your daily value of Calcium. I'm searching for another brand with similar nutritional values but haven't found one yet. I think it's easy to make your own rice milk, especially if you have a magic bullet type thing. That way it would probably be even lower in sodium.

I also found some great cheese which only has 35 mg of sodium. It's Trader Joe's brand Lacey Swiss & Colby Marbled Cheese. It's not as low fat as I'd like but I can usually make it work in my daily fat levels. I didn't know there was cheese out there w/such low sodium levels but now I'm finding a lot if I search and read labels. I think Swiss cheese is usually the lowest in sodium of the cheese out there that I've found. I never ate cheese before this diet but have added a bit into my diet along w/greek non-fat plain yogurt.

If I find more widely carried brands, I'll edit and add to this post.

atomic sagebrush
June 4th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I also LOVE rice milk. I really do.

Philly Swirls popsicles - 48 calories, no fat, no protein, and only 5mg of sodium. Plus they're colorful and pretty, so you feel like you're eating something kinda fun on the TTC pink diet. Looks like they also have some with fake sugar that are only 14 calories!!!!

http://www.phillyswirl.com/products.html

oooo look at the fudge ones! 57 calories!!! I think those would be perfect for the occasional undeniable craving for choc.

ETA - wow just reading a bit more about the company, they are also perfect for families with food allergies and it sounds like they are actually designed for that purpose. Their factories have no peanuts/tree nuts.

Indira
June 10th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Gluten free pasta.
It has 5 g protein instead of the 11g of normal pasta.
I never really tracked my foods as I was feeling I did okay, a few days ago I calculated a typical day for me just for fun and found out I actually get 36 g protein with just 820 cals!
So I decided to eat less couscous and more rice and gluten-free pasta, to get in more cals without protein going over 40 gr.

SA77
July 13th, 2011, 09:38 PM
When I was swaying pink, I loved the Yoplait Light yogurt. They are fat-free and sweetened with aspartame.

I am so not happy they don't sell this in Canada! I keep seeing the commercials with all the diff yummy flavours :(

Sassy
July 15th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Some fabulous tips here! I also do the MyFitnessPal as it now scans barcodes and brings up all the product detail including the various nutrient values. When you log your food into the program, it will give you a daily summary of the amount of nutrients you have consumed so I can see where I'm at with my sodium, protein, fat intakes etc. I'm interested in the Aveda cream mentioned earlier - has anyone tried anything similar?? And Yoplait is UNREAL!!!

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I am so not happy they don't sell this in Canada! I keep seeing the commercials with all the diff yummy flavours :(

I'm sorry! Bum deal!

The blueberry cobbler is also really good. Now my husband is hooked on them. He eats more of them than I do! (I don't know why he wouldn't do any of these things when we were actually swaying PINK!!)

Out of the Blue
July 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM

Quick question...The yoplait I find where I live has gelatin in it. Is there enough in there that I should avoid it or would it be okay a few times a week? I just had Red Velvet Cake yoplait last night and it was sooooo good. I'm on a hunt for yummy flavors w/out gelatin....

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2011, 06:59 PM
THe amount of gelatin in the Yoplait is very very tiny. You would go over on protein/sodium/potassium intake before you ran any risk of getting a lot of gelatin.

hopingforagal
November 8th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I am new here and have a stupid question, but have heard that antihistamines are helpful when TTC girl? Is that true?
Thank you so very much.

hopingforagal
November 8th, 2011, 09:38 PM
May I ask just how much calcium a day I should be aiming for? WOuld 3 servings of cottage cheese with splenda daily do the trick? I am so confused as to what else I should be eating (legumes, leafy green veggies-lettuce, i presume? and white fish. and milk. ARGH- I am so sorry but this is all so confusing. Do any of you suggest a diet I could buy online or how I can access the IG diet or "low everything" diets you mention? Many thanks!

Out of the Blue
November 11th, 2011, 09:51 AM
May I ask just how much calcium a day I should be aiming for? WOuld 3 servings of cottage cheese with splenda daily do the trick? I am so confused as to what else I should be eating (legumes, leafy green veggies-lettuce, i presume? and white fish. and milk. ARGH- I am so sorry but this is all so confusing. Do any of you suggest a diet I could buy online or how I can access the IG diet or "low everything" diets you mention? Many thanks!

Hey, hoping...All this stuff is so overwhelming isn't it! Depending on which diet you do, the answers to your questions will be different. The IG diet is from a different site (InGender) and it seems to work for some. The Low Everything diet is newer and its basis stems from a few really credible studies (found in the Dream Member's Section which I explained a bit about below).

Here's a quick overview the Low Everything (LE) diet:

Nutshell version (the version in the Dream Members section is much more complete) -

Calories - 1500-1800
Protein - around 40-50 grams
Fat - between 25-60 grams of fat depending on caloric intake, 20-30% of cals from fat
Sodium - 700-1000 mg

FOODS THAT ARE ALLOWED ON THIS DIET THAT ARE STRICLY FORBIDDEN IN OTHERS - vinegar, lemon (just the addition of these two foods will make it MUCH easier to stick to the low-sodium aspect of the diet), tomato, potato, bananas, and most fruits and vegetables, esp. the lower nutrient ones.

FOODS THAT ARE LIMITED IN THIS DIET THAT ARE ALLOWED ON OTHERS - Eggs, dairy, beans, and nuts should be limited. Dark, highly nutritious fruits and vegetables should be limited, as should whole grains due to their nutrient content. Meats should be avoided as much as is possible.

I do hope people will consider becoming Dream Members, because it keeps the site up and running without having to resort to ads. The FGD and my LE and HE Diets are in there, plus I'm making a third diet called the "In Betweener" diet for people to use prior to when they want to sway and/or for people who are scared to cut back so much to sway pink and/or for vegetarians who want to sway blue. Plus I post all the recipes from my three cookbooks I am working on in the DM section.

As Atomic said, there's a lot of stuff in the Dream Member's section and it's a private place for the members to get to know eachother a bit better and chat. You can join by clicking the big pink button at the top of the page on the left side. It says "Become a Dream Member". I suggest joining as you'll get lots more info (and support!) and it's only $12 per yr (which I think is rather reasonable). I hope this helps!

Out of the Blue
November 11th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I am new here and have a stupid question, but have heard that antihistamines are helpful when TTC girl? Is that true?
Thank you so very much.

For girl swayers, Zyrtec is taken around O time to help dry up some of the CM (cervical mucus). I'll try to find a link to help you out and repost it here....

Okay...found it!
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?518-USING-ANTIHISTAMINES-TO-HELP-TTC-A-GIRL

atomic sagebrush
November 13th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks ootb!! Great answer!!

chocolate
November 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM
is there a UK version of Zyrtec, had got sudafed but that link mentions about not taking it with baby asprin

atomic sagebrush
November 19th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Yes, please don't take sudafed with either baby aspirin or cranberry or saw palmetto either! In fact just don't take sudafed LOL!!! :)

I believe zyrtec is called Reactine in the UK???

zanacal
November 20th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Zyrtec is Zyrtek in the UK - big difference hey?! It's with the other antihistimines.

dramabird
December 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
I'm copying this from another thread as a good product for pink, because it received Atomic's thumbs-up! :)

Activia Fiber yogurt (vanilla & cereal flavor):

Calories: 110 (15 from fat)
Total fat: 2g (1g is saturated)
Sodium: 60mg
Potassium: 150mg
Total carbs: 19g (dietary fiber 3g; sugars 16g)
Protein: 3g
Calcium: 15% daily value for a 2,000 calorie diet

There is an Activia Light, but while it has fewer calories, no fat and a trace amount of aspartame, it has more sodium, more potassium and more protein. So I figured the Fiber version was preferable.

atomic sagebrush
December 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Some new things I have just found - Hinode Microwave rice cups White Rice - Hinode US (http://www.hinode.us/our-products/microwavable/40-second-cups/white-rice) They also have bigger packs and brown rice as well for days when you need more protein or for those with blood sugar issues.

Steamfresh Risottos Steamfresh® Chef's Favorites - Lightly Sauced Mushroom & Green Bean Risotto (http://www.birdseye.com/vegetable-products/steamfresh-chefs-favorites/mushroom-green-bean-risotto)

Kozy Shack products - There are several of these that are totally awesome! Kozy Shack | Kozy Shack Products (http://www.kozyshack.com/products.html)

Brown Cow cream on top yogurt - this has some extra fat and only 60 more cals, so if you are wasting away eating Yoplait light, try these instead. Cream Top | browncowfarm.com (http://browncowfarm.com/our-yogurt/cream-top)

Flav-R-pac stir fry mixes - these have veg and noodles all in one so if you're someone who doesn't love to cook but you want to make stir fry now and then on the LE Diet, these are PERFECT. I have the chow mein mix. 50 cal, 0 fat, 2 g pro, 50 mg sodium per serving. Consumer | Products | Stir Fry Vegetables | NORPAC Foods (http://www.norpac.com/consumer/products/stir-fry-vegetables)

Sugar Bowl Bakery Brownie bites are at Costco 130 cals!! Welcome to Sugar Bowl Bakery (http://www.sugarbowlbakery.com/index.php?page=products/detail&contentId=21)

suregena
December 10th, 2011, 06:29 PM
For me it's online food logging...This isn't really a product but a very useful tool to manage my diet. I use MyFitnessPal.com (I love their food database) but there are many other free logging sites out there. It makes it foolproof to maintain your diet by letting you know your calcium, sodium, etc. intake. I don't log anymore since after a few weeks, I new exactly how much of what I could eat. It's a great tool to get you started on your sway. Online food logging is also how I lost 23 lbs last summer.

Oh, wow! This website has nearly everything! I'm throwing out the pen and paper now.

littlemissnaughty7
December 14th, 2011, 10:24 AM
is there anyway of getting myfitnesspal.com to track sodium aswell ??

littlemissnaughty7
December 14th, 2011, 10:32 AM
ok found out now, but how do i work out the calories from fat i eat ??

littlemissnaughty7
December 15th, 2011, 08:39 AM
bump would love to know the answer to the above Q if anyone knows thanks,

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2011, 10:51 AM
little miss, maybe start a new thread so people see it?

Messyhair
February 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Okay, so I can't choke down capsules very well.... Any problems with getting my Metamucil in the powder form? I'll have to double check what nutrients may be added. And I'll have to go shopping for some yogurt today... This is a fun adventure!

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Not at all! metamucil in powder form is fine as long as it's not vitamin fortified (which I don't think it is.)

amari
February 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Yes, you can track sodium, you have to adjust what you want tracked and you can change everything. I am not at my computer, on phone, and not feeling well now, but I can look it up for you when I am feeling better.

HopeandDreamG
February 12th, 2012, 09:27 AM
LittlemissN~ don't know if you got your answer. You have to go on the full site myfitensspal.com instead of on your phone- sign in, go to settings, then diary settings. I track calories, fat, protein, carbs, sodium, & potassium. I also changed meal times to when I eat.

coocoobananas
February 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Has anyone become friends on myfitnesspal? It may be an idea to get food ideas?! That would be helpful for me I think!

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I created an account and you can friend me on there but I don't really have the hang of using it yet!

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I found a new flavored water called Metromint Metromint | pure water + real mint = refreshment beyond flavor. (http://www.metromint.com/) that is reverse osmosis (supposed to be good for pink) and has mint in it. No sweetener, no cals, but it is nice and minty. I tried the chocolate mint flavor and it's actually really good and refreshing. Might be a nice change of pace from pep tea!

amari
February 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I found this at Trader Joe's, it's a pasta made from corn. The ingredients are corn flour, and water only. It has way less nutrients than regular pasta, it's not fortified with riboflavin or any of that stuff, In a serving, 1/2 cup dry is:
calories 190
fat: 0.5
sodium: 0mg
fiber:2g
sugar less than 1g
protein: 3g
vit A: 0%
calcium:0%
vit c:%
iron 0%

Ribbons
March 26th, 2012, 08:57 PM
There are some GREAT oils by La Tourangelle!

They have a safflower oil base, which is awesome for TTC pink b/c it is comparatively pretty low on the nutrient scale oil-wise, and they are infused with other stuff, so you can get a lot of flavor without added calories/minerals (and issues from onions/garlic etc b/c I doubt very seriously anything substantial is in there after all the processing!)

The flavors I am using right now are - Pan Asian, infused with onion, garlic and ginger (http://www.amazon.com/La-Tourangelle-Asian-Stir-16-9-Ounce/dp/B004WZ4DJS) and Thai Wok Oil - infused with lemongrass, basil (http://www.amazon.com/La-Tourangelle-Thai-16-9-Ounce-Pack/dp/B004WZ4DJ8)

I picked these up for around $4.50 - 6 bucks (sorry, it's been a little while can't remember exactly) at my local Whole Foods here in Santa Cruz CA, Amazon's prices are decent but they make you buy a lot, it would prob. be better to find it at a local store if you can. The can holds 16.9 oz so that will get you through at least a full diet month even if you use it every day! :)

I actually DO use these almost every day, it helps me stay away from my beloved olive oil, butter and ESPECIALLY ONIONS & GARLIC. :D

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Great idea Ribbons! I have found a little lemongrass goes a long way to add flavor while swaying pink.

Coccinelle33
April 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Ortega yellow taco shells....

I have found these in my quest to eat a low calorie low sodium taco!

Serving size is 2 shells

120 calories
6 g of fat
170 mg of sodium
2 g of protein
15% calcium

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM
You can make a pretty fab taco with just a little refried bean, a little salsa, and LOTS of iceberg lettuce! I never eat the meat ones any more.

dramabird
April 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
I'm a big fan of the vanilla meringes from Trader Joe's. I don't have a package right in front of me, but if memory serves, a serving size is 4 meringues, which totals to 110 calories, no fat, 20mg sodium, 1g protein. Love them!!

They also have unsalted tortilla chips. There is some pretty decent fat content to them, so you can't go crazy, but it's nice to have something that doesn't introduct extra sodium.

Trader Joe's is such a haven for a pink swayer!!

NCBeachyGrl
May 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
MyfitnessPal is AWESOME! I am just starting my diet plan and swaying plan and this app is by far the best thing I have found to track what I am eating. I never wanted to track b/c I felt it was too overwhelming, but this thing is awesome.

I knew it was a keeper when it found my Starbucks grande skinny vanilla latte nutritional info!

HopeandDreamG
May 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
MyfitnessPal is AWESOME! I am just starting my diet plan and swaying plan and this app is by far the best thing I have found to track what I am eating. I never wanted to track b/c I felt it was too overwhelming, but this thing is awesome.

I knew it was a keeper when it found my Starbucks grande skinny vanilla latte nutritional info!

It is awesome. Been using it a long time. It's really easy to use. Have you tried scanning barcodes that makes it a cinch!

NCBeachyGrl
May 3rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Yes! I am addicted to it...scanning and looking up everything. I am shocked at how much sodium is in things! Holy sodium...this will be hard to get down!

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Sodium is the best cheat there is and I'm not even convinced it sways blue at all. I just keep it in the sway because it's easy-ish to avoid and also good for health.

I was eating TONS of sodium when I conceived DD - more than with any of my boys except DS 3.

BeadinMom
May 9th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I have a new love...
YoCrunch Greek Parfait - strawberry AND peach flavors.
Yogurt and granola...sooooo good!! And only 110 calories and 0.5 gm total fat.

Emily
May 22nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=Out of the Blue;99705]

Here's a quick overview the Low Everything (LE) diet:

OMG! Thank you soooo much for posting this. I was wondering why I have been getting light-headed - turns out I've been eating less than half of everything including calories. Thank goodness I came across this after only two days. Feel very stupid (and hungry).

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
I have a new love...
YoCrunch Greek Parfait - strawberry AND peach flavors.
Yogurt and granola...sooooo good!! And only 110 calories and 0.5 gm total fat.

There's not enough granola/oats to make a difference, but do be aware that oats have a chemical in them that can raise testosterone in high amounts.

Mama
August 17th, 2012, 06:45 PM
So glad I found this post! What do you ladies think of Sylk lube?

Dreamofpink
August 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hello ladies! Unfortunately, this is only relevant for British mummies. My new favourite lunch has to be 4 Ryvita Crackerbread slices topped with Morrisons NUME Moroccan Spiced Squash dip. The crackerbread altogether has 76cal, 0.8g fat, 0.08g sodium and 2g protein. 1/4 pot of dip has 62cal, 2.2g fat, 0.1g sodium and 2.2g protein. I topped the slices with the dip and plenty of cucumber - scrumptious!!! I just hope the cannelini beans and garlic puree in the dip are too minimal to worry about!

Dreamofpink
August 22nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Also, a quick question for anyone who may know the answer - is it okay for me to drink Peppermint and Liquorice tea (Teapigs brand) whilst on the LE diet? I only have one cup a day but it's great at breakfast time! Many thanks x x

Lilpumpkin06
August 22nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
Only if you are not taking Saw Palmetto I think.

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Also, a quick question for anyone who may know the answer - is it okay for me to drink Peppermint and Liquorice tea (Teapigs brand) whilst on the LE diet? I only have one cup a day but it's great at breakfast time! Many thanks x x

One c a day is fine as long as you're not having and saw palmetto

jennaesue
August 30th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this is on here, but I wanted to share about this Healthy Choice Greek Frozen Yogurt I found. It has 100 cals, 35mg sodium, and 4g protein, and it is super yummy! Like, really, really yummy!

jennaesue
September 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I found another product that I really like! They are called Gnu Foods Flavor & Fiber bars. I really like the Larabars, but I don't like how they all have nuts and how darn healthy nuts are, lol. These bars do not all have nuts (some do, though). I got the Orange Cranberry bar and it was very tasty. It has 130 cal, 3g fat, 35 mg sodium, 3g protein, and 12g fiber. It does have whole wheat flour and wheat bran, so that might make it a bit less perfect for swaying, but I'm not sure.

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Those bars sound great but they may have less potassium than the Larabars (due to the lack of nuts.) Thanks for sharing ladies, keep the ideas coming!!!

ChasingButterflies
November 23rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
I don't have anything useful to add to this thread, YET! ;) Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who shared something on it. I'm new here & trying to learn about all of the different ideas on swaying for a girl (my head is spinning slightly :hide: lol) - I ended up opening microsoft word so that I could bullet point all of the awesome ideas you guys are sharing :agree:

babygirl
November 24th, 2012, 03:25 AM
hi can you take licorice root instead of saw palmetto? this would be good for me as i am having trouble getting some without other stuff in it and it being standardised

Dreamofpink
November 24th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Liquorice Root is for DH only. You can drink peppermint tea instead of taking SP if you like but you shouldn't do the two together. HTH!

babygirl
December 18th, 2012, 09:08 PM
ok found another supplement that could be good for ttc a girl,not sure if its suitable but thought i would get ideas
its called clinicians mens hormone support. Ingredients are
Active Ingredients in 1 capsule:

Ingredients Strength Unit
Chrysin 150 mg
DIM (di-indolylmethane) 150 mg
Serenoa repens (saw palmetto) berry ext

(standardised to 75mg total fatty acids)
160 mg
Urtica dioica (nettle root powder 10:1 ext.) 150 mg

Atomic, what do you think?

babygirl
December 20th, 2012, 04:15 PM
i question the nettle root powder though?

atomic sagebrush
December 25th, 2012, 10:12 AM
hi can you take licorice root instead of saw palmetto? this would be good for me as i am having trouble getting some without other stuff in it and it being standardised

I'm sorry, for some reason I didn't read this thread!! Licorice root can raise estrogen, which sways pink for DH but may sway blue for DW. For that reason licorice is best avoided by ladies and used by gents.

atomic sagebrush
December 25th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Chyrsin lowers estrogen but raises testosterone, so those would be a no unfortunately.

babygirl
January 4th, 2013, 04:46 AM
ok another one for you, what about myo inositol? it lowers estrogen, lowers testosterone, and good for insulin etc also can help with egg quality which is why i am looking at it having had 2 asd kids

babygirl
January 7th, 2013, 04:23 PM
anyone?

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2013, 09:05 AM
myoinosotol looks good but I haven't seen anyone use it yet. I generally like to see at least a couple people have successful sways while using it before I recommend it.

mkarntz1980
January 12th, 2013, 06:57 PM
myoinsitol is used a lot by women with PCOS....its in Pregnitude I was thinking of using it to see if it helps me get pg. Pregnitude only has myoinsotol and folic acid.

babygirl
January 16th, 2013, 04:03 AM
well i can be your guinea pig then but we cannot get pregnitude here as i have searched so am using straight inositol (which is the same) but half the dose, so 2000mg not 4000mg as in pregnitude. I may up the dose over the next 2 months. If i get a girl using inositol then its gotta work lol

harleyquinn
January 16th, 2013, 04:24 PM
The inositol seems to me works for PCOS women because it improves their insulin response, which makes their ovaries churn out the right hormones and allows them to lose weight...this lowering their testosterone (which can be done simply by losing weight and improving insulin resistance through diet, kwim). So if you did not HAVE wonky ovaries or insulin resistance to begin with, I don't know if this supplement would DO anythnig that couldn't be accomplished just by diet alone. (thinking out loud here, not discouraging you in any way). I do think lowering estrogen and testosterone is important but sometimes I think just balancing them rather than reducing is enough, ie by raising progesterone/lowering T through tried and true things like Vitex/sawpalemetto. The pcos women lowered their T, just because their insulin respsonse was improved and they lost weight, the inosotol didnt' lower T...thats how it seems to ME. But I don't know much about it AT ALL
DIM is also interesting but its hard not to notice how many BODYBUILDERS use this supp, as a way of lowering estrogen so they can INCREASE their testosterone...the same balance I was saying above.
I just hate to see a supplement possibly make things WORSE and inadvertently sway blue...when things like diet, vitex, etc actually really and truly for sure reduce testosterone, balance the estrogen in relation to progesterone etc

harleyquinn
January 16th, 2013, 04:44 PM
The other thing that just occured to me, is if Vitex works by balancing your hormones, if you are taking something that is lowering your estrogen (DIM etc), would it cause the Vitex to work in a way that we don't want.

I know its super hard to have a bunch of boys and feel the need to change drastically, because I for one, read the "how we got our boys" and I DON'T relate at ALL so to me skipping breakfast or eating low calorie isn't going to cut the mustard because I have done that 5 times naturally and it gave me baby boys so it seems something else is going on, so I too look to the hormones such as estrogen and testosterone and think I need to lower their ratios in my body...but on the other hand, I don't want to take a supplement that will inadvertently deliver a baby boy on a silver platter either. Just be careful. xx

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2013, 10:05 PM
The inositol seems to me works for PCOS women because it improves their insulin response, which makes their ovaries churn out the right hormones and allows them to lose weight...this lowering their testosterone (which can be done simply by losing weight and improving insulin resistance through diet, kwim). So if you did not HAVE wonky ovaries or insulin resistance to begin with, I don't know if this supplement would DO anythnig that couldn't be accomplished just by diet alone. (thinking out loud here, not discouraging you in any way). I do think lowering estrogen and testosterone is important but sometimes I think just balancing them rather than reducing is enough, ie by raising progesterone/lowering T through tried and true things like Vitex/sawpalemetto. The pcos women lowered their T, just because their insulin respsonse was improved and they lost weight, the inosotol didnt' lower T...thats how it seems to ME. But I don't know much about it AT ALL
DIM is also interesting but its hard not to notice how many BODYBUILDERS use this supp, as a way of lowering estrogen so they can INCREASE their testosterone...the same balance I was saying above.
I just hate to see a supplement possibly make things WORSE and inadvertently sway blue...when things like diet, vitex, etc actually really and truly for sure reduce testosterone, balance the estrogen in relation to progesterone etc

yeah, DIM is a no-go for me for that very reason. the myoinositol seemed like a good thing though.

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2013, 10:10 PM
The other thing that just occured to me, is if Vitex works by balancing your hormones, if you are taking something that is lowering your estrogen (DIM etc), would it cause the Vitex to work in a way that we don't want.

I know its super hard to have a bunch of boys and feel the need to change drastically, because I for one, read the "how we got our boys" and I DON'T relate at ALL so to me skipping breakfast or eating low calorie isn't going to cut the mustard because I have done that 5 times naturally and it gave me baby boys so it seems something else is going on, so I too look to the hormones such as estrogen and testosterone and think I need to lower their ratios in my body...but on the other hand, I don't want to take a supplement that will inadvertently deliver a baby boy on a silver platter either. Just be careful. xx

I'm not sure that vitex does work by balancing hormones though. I'm not sure I believe in "balance", it sounds like something made up to sell vitamins, if you see what I mean. Our bodies are always in a state of flux that is normal and natural...kinda like saying, if your stomach is half-empty it's in "balance" and there's something wrong when it's full or empty...no, that's just part and parcel of having a stomach. Part and parcel of being a woman is that our estrogen and progesterone are always rising and falling - I'm just not buying the "balance" jazz. (sorry I don't mean that to sound in any way discouraging.)

Dominant females will have more boys regardless of what they eat. A tribe of women who all eat the same/similar foods, some of em will have boys and others girls, but it's non-food cues from the environment doing it.

Butterfly Spirit
January 20th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I'm copying this from another thread as a good product for pink, because it received Atomic's thumbs-up! :)

Activia Fiber yogurt (vanilla & cereal flavor):

Calories: 110 (15 from fat)
Total fat: 2g (1g is saturated)
Sodium: 60mg
Potassium: 150mg
Total carbs: 19g (dietary fiber 3g; sugars 16g)
Protein: 3g
Calcium: 15% daily value for a 2,000 calorie diet

There is an Activia Light, but while it has fewer calories, no fat and a trace amount of aspartame, it has more sodium, more potassium and more protein. So I figured the Fiber version was preferable.

I had tons of the Activia Strawberry and Cereal yogurt during my sway :)

harleyquinn
January 21st, 2013, 03:04 PM
I noticed a good product is PIRATE BOOTY. My kids love this stuff. It does have sodium but not much else! Its like a miracle snack. ;)

Yeah I read more stuff on the insitol...I will try and find it.

Here: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/supplements-and-miscarriage/d-chiro-inositol

harleyquinn
January 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM
And Vitex, I think what I meant by balancing, is doesn't it work by lowering estrogen and raising progesterone and will put things in a better balance..like shortening or lengthening your cylce accordingly.
And don't worry about sounding discouraging ;) I get on these theories that last about two days before I realize I am so wrong :) I am sure I have ruined many perfectly good threads based on my 2 day theories ;)

harleyquinn
January 21st, 2013, 03:50 PM
And a little Vitex information in case any one is interested of how it works~I thought it was interesting

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/supplements-and-miscarriage/vitex-chasteberry

babybabe
March 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Love the success stories :)

Pinkthinker
April 2nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Trader Joe's Better Than Peanut Butter! It only has 100 cals per 2 TBS and lower in sodium, fat and protein. Also their hummus salad dressing is amazing!

Sarajoy
April 8th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Which crystal light do you like the best? I really like the wild strawberry but it has caffeine in it (which is prob why I like it) I got a canister of single servings from Costco and it has lemonade raspberry lemonade and a cherry pomegranate kind.

Also, DANG IM STARVING!!
I'm usually a huge eater with a fast metabolism but I'm a tad over weight. I just ate a half can no sugar no salt corn. I hope that's ok.

Sarajoy
April 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Can someone link a site to vitex please?

a&jmummy
April 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
can we have something similar to this for the ttc blue please

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2013, 08:24 PM
can we have something similar to this for the ttc blue please

there is one. It was stickied, I'm not sure where it went and I couldn't find it in a quick search but you may have better luck, I have 3.5 seconds to answer this thread LOL

Just so you know, you ALWAYS can start threads on whatever topics you want! I'm fine with that!! If you want a new one, start it and I'll sticky it for you.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Can someone link a site to vitex please?

?? i'm sorry I'm not following this question, do you mean the vitex essay? or somewhere to buy vitex? It's available at any herb shop or on Amazon

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2013, 08:46 PM
caffeine is totally allowed on LE Diet. so any flavor is ok, tea may sway slightly blue, but dehydrated instant tea prob. doesn't have much of the tea goodness that can help fertility. IG frowns on caff. tho so if you're doing an IG approach you'll want to avoid it.

I ate quite a bit of corn when I TTC DD! fine by me, and in fact with corn, it's free for protein and fat, all you need to count is calories.

Sarajoy
April 9th, 2013, 01:06 AM
I googled vitex to buy.. Silly me ill check amazon. I've never heard of vitex before this site and I'm loving all the new info! Ps. Buying the membership today what sold me is all the great ppl on here, it's so nice to come here not be judged and the site navigates well even though there is grips of info!

Lauraemily84
April 10th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Can anyone tell me were I can buy a digital ph tester/ reader in the uk? Do I check ph of cm or my urine?

atomic sagebrush
April 19th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Laura, you may want to start a separate thread in the forums to get more of a response - once people have read a thread, they don't always reread it so if a q gets posted at the end of a thread, fewer people see it. Esp. if your question is on a different topic, it's best to start a new thread.

How to check pH is here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/2065-how-check-ph-dh-dw.html

GreaseMonkey
January 2nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Great info!!! I will be stating the LE diet and since I am in Africa, all I have is Amazon Prime and that's where I will be doing my food shopping lol

atomic sagebrush
January 3rd, 2014, 10:41 AM
you may have access to things that the rest of us can only dream of!!!

kv1080
July 27th, 2014, 09:56 PM
I can't seem to find this anywhere, but how does LaCroix flavored sparkling water rate?

atomic sagebrush
July 30th, 2014, 08:33 AM
they're fine