PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting the runs?

kaseybaby
June 3rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
My stomach is not doing well. Anyone else having this problem?

purplepoet20
June 3rd, 2011, 10:56 AM
How much of the vitamins and minerals are you taking in everyday? Are they spread out or 1-2x's a day? Some amount are to high for some people and others have to spread it out over 3-6x's a day.

Many extremely over weight people (like my family) talk about the runs when dieting. This is sometimes because your body is loosing the extra crap it no longer needs. If you are used to 2500-3000+ cals a day your body still wants that when you start dieting so it takes your fat and that is how you loose weight faster.

kaseybaby
June 3rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
I have been spreading out my pills throughout the day.

I always take in less then 1700 calories a day, now it is probably around 1300. Hmmmm....I hope it means the diet is working.

purplepoet20
June 3rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Are you eating more fruits or veggies that can cause the runs? If you are not used to a lot of lets say berries and now you eat it everyday then the runs just come with that.

kaseybaby
June 3rd, 2011, 11:22 AM
I am starting to think it is the strawberries. I only eat them in the summer, and although I love them, I have never eaten them this often. I have always been a very healthy eater. Well balanced diet, low in fats, etc. I think the change is just starting to make my body a bit nuts.

purplepoet20
June 3rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Maybe try a little less berries or spread it out.

zanacal
June 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
I've read that too much magnesium can have that effect - might be something to check.

swish
June 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
I've also read that, atomic says reduce magnesium straight away if you get the runs

fourwildones
June 4th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I am not getting the runs but go more often then I'd expect for someone who is eating so little fiber-so you're not alone, I personally think it may be the increased magnesium...am considering cutting my pills in half.

zanacal
June 5th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I had this yesterday shortly after I read this! I'm thinking magnesium too (which I'm actually thinking of cutting out anyway).

fourwildones
June 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM
I agree-I have lost another pound-and I have to go the first thing in the AM (I usually only have to go after coffee etc.) I hate to drop the magnesium b/c it is part of a "traditional" sway-but I think it may be at th soruce of my problems so will experimnet at least with cutting back!

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM
My stomach is not doing well. Anyone else having this problem?

I agree about the magnesium totally. I would cut back on that and see if it helps.

Could you be lactose intolerant???