PDA

View Full Version : Birth story of Rozline Emily (induced with pit. with no pain meds)

zem7
December 1st, 2013, 11:37 PM
Rozline Emily

So thought I would give a little background info. My husband and I had 4 kids and decided that we were done. So after number 4 was born I got a tubal ligation done. Well come to find out something went wrong and I ended up pregnant with baby number 5!!

I went in to be induced with Pit on 11.25.13 they started the pit at 3:30 pm. I was getting contractions but nothing major or anything that I was needing pain meds for. I was sitting at 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced and a -2 station when we started. At 7 the Dr. came in and checked me not much had changed I was still at a 3 cm and -2 station but was now a 80 % effaced. So to get things going we broke my water. Things started to pick up right away. I had to start moving around more. Trying different positions to release the pressure of the contractions. Which were getting STRONG! Baby started having some small decells so we were moving me all around trying to find a good positions she would like. I decided close to 10:30 I needed to go to the bathroom. The nurse wanted to check me first though just to know what we were sitting at. I was sitting at a 5 at this point. So I get up and use the bathroom and go back and start trying to find a good position for Rozline. She decided that she liked me on my right side the most, so that is where I ended up. Contractions were getting very hard for me to handle and I was feeling like I was starting to tense up during them. I wanted to do it all with no pain meds but at this point I wusssed out and asked for the epi. The nurse comes in and tells me that I will have to wait because he is in assisting a section. BUT 5-10 min later it didn't matter anymore! I announced that I was pushing. Things got crazy at that point. The nurse hurries and checks me and sure enough I am complete and pushing. I couldn't stop pushing, but she kept telling me to stop pushing. I kept thinking, are you crazy? I don't think I could have stopped even if I wanted to lol. She even starts to try and hold my baby in!! lol I could feel crowning and still no Dr. was around. All the sudden in runs someone and puts on 1 glove and out comes Rozline! lol

Come to find out the Dr. was in a section, so I was delivered by a midwife who just happened to be there that night. My nurse almost delivered, baby was pretty much all the way out before the MW got there.

So I went from 5 cm to baby is here in 30 min! I was induced with pit and got no pain meds. I am so happy that I wasn't able to have them. I finally got my no pain med birth I was wanting. I also got to deliver on my side, which I loved! I have no tearing or even a skid mark. :bigsmile:

Rozline and I are doing well. In about 4 weeks I will be going in to get my tubal redone.

nuthinbutpink
December 2nd, 2013, 06:59 AM
Congrats!

The Anchor
December 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Wow! CONGRATS!

bunnywabbit
December 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Aww, congrats Zem7! x