PDA

View Full Version : Season?

chocolate
December 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Hi, within the plans, is there a recommended time of year to sway for a girl?
From memory I remember summer being the good time to sway? Just wondered what the plan would recommend as I have 3 boys who were all conceived in Feb. September and November

atomic sagebrush
December 5th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Ingender used to claim summer was good for a girl because of "ions" and other pseudoscience. When it was studied by researchers it was discovered that in the Northern Hemisphere Mar-May is a good time for a girl (boy peak in Sept - Nov) and in the Southern Hemisphere, that is reversed and Sept-Nov. is girl peak, Mar-May is boy peak.

Please understand that this was just a small but consistent change and in no way a magic bullet. it's interesting because of what it tells us about gender ratio and if it works out to include in a sway, that's great and it may help a little bit. But there are TONS of exceptions. I have two boys I conceived in girl peak months and then got my girl in the boy peak. :)

chocolate
December 5th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks Atomic, so I'm in the UK so it would be March to May, was thinking it would be June to August as that is really our summer if we are lucky to get one ;-) Or maybe ions are generated more by rain so that's why it's March to May.... so really I'd need to get on the plan now to be ready for March onwards, thanks

atomic sagebrush
December 6th, 2013, 10:08 AM
It's not ions, it's something else entirely, possibly day length or vitamin d levels at the end of wintertime. Ions for swaying are psedoscience, this is based on real scientific studies done on over 10,000 women over the course of years at a maternity hospital.