PDA

View Full Version : Have any Australians travelled to Hawaii for PGD?

SydneyGirl
December 4th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Hello,

I've just joined these forums, and am so thankful to find such a helpful and accepting place. :happy:

I live in Sydney, Australia. I have two beautiful sons (4 and 1), who with their father are the centre of my world. However, I still have a feeling that someone is missing from our family, and would dearly love to try for a daughter in a year or two.

My initial reading is that IVF with gender selection is not possible for "family balancing" in Australia, and this doesn't look like changing. So we're looking at overseas options, and wondered about Hawaii?

Has anyone been to Hawaii from Australia, for IVF and PGD? We wondered if this might have the advantages it seems the US clinics have (higher success rates?) but be a bit closer to home and possibly even a bit more affordable (flights etc).

Any experiences or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks!

nuthinbutpink
December 4th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Welcome. I highly encourage you to become a Dream Member so you can "see" all of the HT info on here. We have so many Aussies on this forum!

The US has had the highest success rates. Many travel to California because of the experience and success at HRC. Consults are free for Dream Members when booked through this site and he gives you $1,000 off the published cycle fee.

Hawaii is definitely an option. There are 3 clinics there that offer GS. The info is in the Dream Member section.

SART is another populate choice. People go through Genea to cycle there. Lots of people can help you in the Member section.

2 Beautiful Boys
December 29th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Hi there!

Just new at this but was hoping that I might be able to get in touch with SydneyGirl. I live in Australia. We are looking at Gender Selection and we would much prefer to have our boys with us and be in Hawaii. Can anyone tell me why Australians don't do Hawaii more????
Many thanks x

Hello,

I've just joined these forums, and am so thankful to find such a helpful and accepting place. :happy:

I live in Sydney, Australia. I have two beautiful sons (4 and 1), who with their father are the centre of my world. However, I still have a feeling that someone is missing from our family, and would dearly love to try for a daughter in a year or two.

My initial reading is that IVF with gender selection is not possible for "family balancing" in Australia, and this doesn't look like changing. So we're looking at overseas options, and wondered about Hawaii?

Has anyone been to Hawaii from Australia, for IVF and PGD? We wondered if this might have the advantages it seems the US clinics have (higher success rates?) but be a bit closer to home and possibly even a bit more affordable (flights etc).

Any experiences or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks!

Aussiegirl
April 18th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Hi SydneyGirl and Dream Newbie,
I'm in a very similar situation and considering Hawaii later in year (2017) so would love to chat to either of you if you're still on here?
Fingers crossed,
Thanks

Kawazza
April 22nd, 2017, 05:52 AM
Hi SydneyGirl and Dream Newbie,
I'm in a very similar situation and considering Hawaii later in year (2017) so would love to chat to either of you if you're still on here?
Fingers crossed,
Thanks

Hi Aussiegirl,
We are planning to go to Hawaii aswell this year hopefully. while I can't offer experience it would be nice to have a buddy. I can only find info on HRC. How far are you into process?

Aussiegirl
May 14th, 2017, 05:53 AM
Hi Aussiegirl,
We are planning to go to Hawaii aswell this year hopefully. while I can't offer experience it would be nice to have a buddy. I can only find info on HRC. How far are you into process?

Hi

I was getting quite confused with the various clinics there but have been in contact now with someone at fertility institute of Hawaii. We have received all the costs and stats etc (was initially hard to get in contact but now they're really responsive) and have a call booked with DR next week to plan.

I'm hitting a few barriers already though-
1. They can't ship IVF drugs (injectable ones) and my OB won't prescribe (so if you know anyone melbourne based who could help it would be amazing)
2. They're recommending retrieval and implant done on different cycles (6-8wks later) which means 2 trips (problematic with my work and $$)

How have you gone? Would love a buddy in the process- all feels quite overwhelming [emoji15]
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACE
October 17th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Hi
We are also at the initial stages and considering fertility institute of Hawaii or hrc Newport. Both clinics have been helpful and will allow us to do a fresh transfer, so only one trip. Just wondering who you decided to go with and have you been over for your treatment yet?

bradsp
May 13th, 2018, 01:38 AM
Hi ACE,
My wife and are considering GS in Hawaii or Thailand. We would love to get in touch with you to see what your experience was like?

Hi
We are also at the initial stages and considering fertility institute of Hawaii or hrc Newport. Both clinics have been helpful and will allow us to do a fresh transfer, so only one trip. Just wondering who you decided to go with and have you been over for your treatment yet?