PDA

View Full Version : pre ttc diet question?

jenny2011
June 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM
hi ladies:wave: i'm new to this site...
i'm waiting to trying to conceive till august as huby works out of town..i'm about to start my pre ttc vitamins and supplements...
i want to know should i take EPO until ovulation or can i take it full cycle..
i have heard it may affect implantation but i,m not ttc this cycle..any opinions:happy:

Zivic-Bubac
June 7th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hi and welcome! :)

EPO should be taken only Af->O. It is supposed to make more EWCM and make it alkaline.
However it can mess up your cycle if you have regular ones. Try and see if it works for you, if not, just drop it.
EPO moved my O date and did nothing for my CM so I've stopped taking it. I believe there are positive experiences about EPO as well.

jenny2011
June 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM
thanx for reply...my cycles are very regular as 28 days per month.:LotsofLove:..i think i should replace it with fish oil...to avoid any side effect? have any of u tried that?:rolleyes:please share your experience...:suprise:

Zivic-Bubac
June 8th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Sure thing, I'm taking 1000 mg Fish Oil capsules a day and no side effects :agree:
Have you considered green tea? It's good for overall fertility, sways :DS: adn makes more CM. You can drink it ( but no more than 3 cups a day, I'm taking 1-2 cups a day because it blocks resorption of Folic Acid (FA) so make sure you are taking 2000 mcg of FA daily and NOT with green tea, preferably spaced throughout the day) or take it in the form of capsules.

Prenatals are also good idea for boy sway

jenny2011
June 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Sure thing, I'm taking 1000 mg Fish Oil capsules a day and no side effects :agree:
Have you considered green tea? It's good for overall fertility, sways :DS: adn makes more CM. You can drink it ( but no more than 3 cups a day, I'm taking 1-2 cups a day because it blocks resorption of Folic Acid (FA) so make sure you are taking 2000 mcg of FA daily and NOT with green tea, preferably spaced throughout the day) or take it in the form of capsules.

Prenatals are also good idea for boy sway

thanx a lot zivic ...i have started green tea from couple of days...do you take fish oil until ovulation?

Zivic-Bubac
June 16th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Fish Oil you can take all the time, not just until O.

jenny2011
July 1st, 2011, 10:01 AM
which brand of fish oil should i take? so confused about it?

begonia
July 1st, 2011, 10:12 AM
i replied on another thread you posted re: fish oil ... look for mercury free. should be able to find many brands at target (if you're in usa) or other drugstores. i took nature made brand.

begonia
July 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
Hi and welcome! :)

EPO should be taken only Af->O. It is supposed to make more EWCM and make it alkaline.
However it can mess up your cycle if you have regular ones. Try and see if it works for you, if not, just drop it.
EPO moved my O date and did nothing for my CM so I've stopped taking it. I believe there are positive experiences about EPO as well.

It's interesting how everyone is different ... EPO didn't change my cycle dates at all, but definitely upped my CM more than fish oil alone did. L'arg definitely messed with my cycle so I quit that.

jenny2011
July 1st, 2011, 10:20 AM
thanx for reply...i,m really lucky i found this site...i,m an asian and a few brands are available here but i,m confused to decide...