TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Unknown
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy, girl, boy, boy
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
Yes
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)
Other

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Started out LE but wasn't losing weight. My Dr. put me on metformin & I changed to insulin resistance form of LE Diet.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
LE 8 weeks followed by modified LE for 6 weeks
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
No eggs cut back on meat & he actually cut back on caffeine, the rest pretty normal
DId you consume alcohol? A couple of drinks per week

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly
Any Diet Details?
-
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
Diet was hard to stick to. I had initially planned to have my first attempt in Sept. Pushed it back to October because I liked the timing better but right before attempt my Dr. decided to add in metformin so I modified LE & continued diet longer. I cheated several times over the weeks. I had my kids birthdays a trip to Disney & many other gatherings that took me off track for a day. I tried to stay away from red meat but I did have it now & than. Alcohol was at least several drinks once a week while hanging out with DH or at the parties we went to. As for caffeine I NEEDED it to survive. Even took caffeine supps to get through the day. After being on LE for so long & having chronic fatigue I needed the caffeine to cope. Maybe I will regret some of that if this is a boy but I also needed to survive all of those weeks. I do truly believe that the diet is extremely important but I also believe a day off here & there shouldn't negate all of the other weeks overall.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
190 bmi of 29.8 when I started 175 bmi of 27.4 by attempt.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Did do exercise 60 mins on the exercise bike was not consistent with the 6 times a week. Most weeks averaged 3-4times. Had a few weeks with 5times & even a few with 1or 2 times.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
Had tested once a long time ago & was crazy high. Tested a second time & it was lower but I have no idea what I was at attempt.
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
Unknow
DH pH
Same as me he was super high had lowered it some no idea what it was at attempt.
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation No idea

Any additional comments?
Had 1 attempt at positive OPK. Not positive exactly when I O'd as I was coming off the pill. Ultrasound of babies size makes it look like we DTD on O day. I think we DTD 1 or 2 days before O.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Other

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
We wanted to do FR but we had no idea when O would come being this was the 1st cycle off of BCP. When I got the positive OPK I had DH take a hot shower & release. We DTD within 2hours of his release. I laid down for 5-10 mins after attempt than J&D.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Baby asprin
folic acid
Fiber
Antihistamine

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
Did not know metformin could help sway pink when Dr. offered it to me for weight loss reasons. Was very happy to add it once I found out that it could help my sway. Wound up taking 500mg 2xs a day. Felt that I was getting enough calcium in my diet & didn't feel that the extra was worth the risk. Would have loved to have taken SP but my thyroid prevented that. DH took Olive leaf extract @ 500mg & Soy isoflavone @ 50mg. Although not in my original sway he did wind up taking LR only 1 pill a day for about 5 days before attempt. The only reason we added it at the last moment is DH developed an ulcer & after we spoke to his Dr., he thought it would be good to add to help heal that.
Did you do anything with Ions?
Had ion bracelets we both wore & I had a beautiful & large piece of rose quartz I carried in my pocket at all times.
Moon Phase during conception?
New Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
No
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
Everything just seemed to fall in to place perfectly. The Dr adding the metformin was a nice bonus. Before the attempt my Dr also told me there was no chance I would get a BFP 1st month off of BCP. But I did! So I'm very happy to have had been coming off of BCP & to have had the metformin in my system. Further had my progesterone checked during the cycle that I conceived & Dr. was concerned that even though it did appear that I ovulated the # was really low so we would have to watch & maybe add clomid going forward(little did we know at that time I had already conceived!). Hoping that decrease in my #'s & fertility helped sway pink. Didn't plan on the moon being new but I was happy to have had that also. Did find out that I O'd from the left also. All & all I feel pretty good about my sway. Love having the one attempt at positive OPK after months of dieting because that is how I got my only DD(much different diet though). DH was awesome & did everything he could to help. Stopped taking vitamins tried to watch what he ate & drank & took pretty much what ever I gave him. I did intend to add the wooden spoon & the outfit but I really didn't think this first attempt would work & figured I'd add it next time. Really believe that we did everything possible to lower sperm count especially with his age so I feel like I have that working for me also. Having the plan & Atomics help were both priceless & I would Highly recommend that to all future swayers. Esp if you have any kind of health issues.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
Anything & everything. Let's face it this is life & anything can happen. I gave it a good attempt & the cards will fall where they may. In my heart I do believe that whatever this child is, this child is definitely meant to be here & be a part of my family.
Things worth mentioning:
On a final note I do believe that things happen as they are meant to. I swore DS3 was a DD but now I'm glad that didn't happen. So much has happened & changed in my life since than & I do believe that I was not meant to have another DD till hopefully now. I attempted to sway many times over the past year & life got in the way. As you can see even once I started on diet things happened to push my attempt back not just once but twice. For those that do believe, my Grandma who I was very close to passed away a few months ago. In our last conversation I told her that I wanted to have another child a DD that would be named after her. I asked her to put in a good word for me. The fact that this child is now due 5 days prior to her birthday is not lost on me. She did love her boys though so I won't be surprised if I wind up with one more son! Even looking in to boys names from her side of the family just in case!

atomic sagebrush
December 13th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Huge congrats Dreams!!!