PDA

View Full Version : Gender Scan Monday -- UPDATE

DreamInBlue
December 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I have been trying everything in my power to keep my mind off this gender (although it really didn't work, haha...)

The time has finally come - I'm going in for an ultrasound Monday 12/16, and I am anxious/excited! I really really just want to know... but I still am afraid of my reaction if I hear "girl" again.

Ahhh any tips on what to do to get my mind off of this until Monday??? :)

GreaseMonkey
December 13th, 2013, 01:19 PM
((HUGS)) i know exactly how you feel. I got a surprise BFP last weekend and I am 100% positive this is boy #3 and I already hate this pregnancy. BUT I had to force myself to get excited and I am starting to get there. It helped when I went to Amazon and created a baby registry and searched for all boy stuff. NONE of the girl stuff, in fact i refuse to believe there is even the slightest possibility of getting a girl.
Is there anything you enjoy doing? Maybe reading, going out with friends, or to the mall or getting a manicure? Maybe a little spa treatment? I hope you get a surprise on Monday and you hear boy!!

DreamInBlue
December 13th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks! Yes reading should definitely help - I love to read and find I don't do it often enough! We are getting a big snow storm this weekend, so I'll be staying in! I had strong feelings very early on that it was a boy, then around 12 weeks I had really strong feelings it was a girl... now I don't have a strong feeling either way! Trying to mentally prepare myself for another girl... I'll send all of my girl vibes to you!!!!!

iHeartM
December 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM
((HUGS)) i know exactly how you feel. I got a surprise BFP last weekend and I am 100% positive this is boy #3 and I already hate this pregnancy. BUT I had to force myself to get excited and I am starting to get there. It helped when I went to Amazon and created a baby registry and searched for all boy stuff. NONE of the girl stuff, in fact i refuse to believe there is even the slightest possibility of getting a girl.
Is there anything you enjoy doing? Maybe reading, going out with friends, or to the mall or getting a manicure? Maybe a little spa treatment? I hope you get a surprise on Monday and you hear boy!!

This is EXACTLY how I felt and handled this pregnancy! I prepared myself for a boy, by making myself believe that it was and only talking about it as if we were having a boy. Today my doc said she thinks it's a girl! I'm hoping to dear God she is right and we can confirm this next week! She wasn't too confident and on top of that I had myself so convinced it was a boy that it is hard for me to believe it is a girl! I hope you get your pink bundle!

@DreamInBlue I know exactly how you feel! The last couple days I was a nervous wreck! I kept obsessing about the gender and if the baby would look healthy at the scan or not. I really don't have any tips besides what was already said...If it is correct that I am having a girl then I don't believe intuition means much because I felt very strongly this was going to be a boy and so did everyone else! Hope you hear blue on Monday! Keep us updated!

iluvmy4sons
December 14th, 2013, 11:11 AM

I did the same thing last year. I had everything picked out for a little boy from the name to the take home outfit. I was in shock when the tech said girl. I hope you have the same outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

iluvmy4sons
December 14th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I hope you hear boy on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

4 blues~hopingforpink~
December 14th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I know exactly how u feel, but I heard the opposite of what I was hoping to hear 3x over.. This time we weren't "really" trying, but we weren't preventing eathier and this is the last. I didnt do any diets, but I was doing lil things to sway just "incase" drinking stuff that favors girls and taking a couple supps, dtd 3 days prior to O, but that's it. Nothing more nothing less... I have my anatomy scan on Fri and am so nervous. My nub shots on 3 diff sites have gotten 100% girl guesses, so I'm hoping and a praying! All I really want is a healthy baby and will be happy eathier way.. But a girl will be a plus.

4 blues~hopingforpink~
December 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Hope u get your :DS: Sending u all my blue dust...

DreamInBlue
December 16th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Well, this morning was the ultrasound... and the baby was fast asleep on his/her belly... which means no good shots to see the gender! The tech was really nice, and even tried having me get up and walk around a bit to see if baby would move... nope... So disappointed, but trying to be happy that the baby was healthy and growing.

Also, I've been on restrictions since my 12 week ultrasound, because my placenta was covering my cervix. And, it didn't move at all. :( So, still on restrictions, and I don't know the gender! Feeling a little sad this morning.

Debating if I should get an elective ultrasound done to find out the gender, instead of waiting 4 more weeks, just for the baby to not cooperate again. It's $50... so wouldn't really break the bank... but just not sure I should do it.

GreaseMonkey
December 16th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I am so sorry honey you didn't get to see the gender but so glad he baby is healthy. Boo on the restrictions, hopefully things change soon ((HUGS))

DreamInBlue
December 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks. I don't know why, but I really didn't even think about the possibility of not being able to tell at this appt, lol. I guess I was just so anxious about it!

Well I scheduled an elective ultrasound for this Wednesday, because I don't think there is any way I could wait another 4 weeks! Plus, what if they still can't tell at 20 weeks bc of an uncooperative baby, lol!

The place I am going Wednesday has a satisfication guarantee, so if they can't tell, they will have me back (for free) to try again. Fingers crossed for Wednesday!

GreaseMonkey
December 16th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Will be keeping my finger's crossed for you :)

Funkyfry
December 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Dreaminblue, so sorry you didn't get to hear gender this morning, hopefully Wednesday will go better!! I hope you hear blue!

I have my gender scan next week and I feel sick with nerves!!

DreamInBlue
December 18th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Well, it's another girl. I just have so many emotions right now, but mostly worry for my baby girl. I posted earlier in another thread, but long story short my doctor called today and told me there was something wrong with the baby's intestines. I had to get blood work to see if I had been exposed to a disease that could have been then transferred to the baby.

I'm hoping to hear the results from the blood work tomorrow, but honestly I don't know what the plan or outcome would be either way. I was so upset all afternoon, and even at the gender ultrasound I had. I had a bit of disappointment when she said girl, but honestly it wasn't as much as I thought it would be - probably because I am just so worried something is wrong.

Above all, I just want a healthy baby... more so than ever right now. It's just a waiting game now. :(

iluvmy4sons
December 18th, 2013, 10:43 PM
I hope your little girl will be all right. HUGS

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
thinking of you!!! praying everything is ok.

DreamInBlue
December 19th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Thank you!! Hoping to hear results and next steps sometime today.

iHeartM
December 19th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Hoping everything will be ok!

lisvna
December 19th, 2013, 01:41 PM
:fingers: for a healty baby!

4 blues~hopingforpink~
December 21st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Hope everything is ok! Prayers..

hotdogz&boyz
December 22nd, 2013, 11:52 PM
What a roller coaster you must be on! I will say a prayer that baby is okay and your results show she is perfectly healthy. Hugs for you and your second little lady. Must be a lot to take right now. You are a strong mama.

GreaseMonkey
January 13th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Hey hon, just popping in to see if there is any updates!!! Thinking of you ((HUGS))

DreamInBlue
January 13th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Had our 20 week scan today. The issue with the intestines is gone! We are so grateful that our little girl is healthy! Everything looked great at the scan today. Still have placenta previa, but they are hopeful it will move by the end.

atomic sagebrush
January 14th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I am so so happy to read this!!!! :cheer:

GreaseMonkey
January 14th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Yeah, for good news!!!!!!!!!!

lisvna
January 19th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Great news!!!