PDA

View Full Version : 1

Juniebjones
June 7th, 2011, 11:46 AM

kaseybaby
June 7th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I get heart palpitations so I have to take calcium and magnesium. Maybe you have a deficiency like me?

Personally, if it is so bad you thought you had to go to the hospital get yourself to a doctor ASAP. Your health is more important then the sway.

zanacal
June 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry you're feeling poorly. That's an awful long time to be running (especially if you're not eating well!), are you drinking enough? I sometimes get terrible headaches when I exercise, especially in the morning when I'm not hydrated. Also, my husband is a good runner, but once he went out and completely overdid it and then had chest pains for days afterwards and convinced himself he was having a heart attack or something and took himself off to the doctors (for the first time in about ten years!). Turns out he'd just overdone it and hurt a muscle (or two!). Definitely get checked out though. Keep us updated x

rainbowflower
June 7th, 2011, 12:40 PM
TBH if you don't feel well go to your doctor - don't try and self-diagnose

as said above, your health is more important than a sway

kaseybaby
June 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
You can try to eat avocado, that has lots of potassium. You could also be dehydrated. But really, like PP I don't think it is safe to internet diagnose you if you feel that sick.

Please keep us updated.

nuthinbutpink
June 7th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Please go to the doctor immediately. You cannot self-diagnose and it would be terrible if something happened to you and you left your 3 boys.

pastelpicnic
June 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Last night I started having chest pains really really bad, I had a headache, and even my stomach area was really really hurting. I almost felt I needed to go to the hospital (and mind you I have had 3 natural births, I can tolerate pain pretty well). What is wrong with me?

I had went running for 63 minutes and walked another 12 minutes in humid weather last night. I even got up in drank a big glass of milk thinking it was my potassium. I have had a hard time sleeping at night and have had some chest tightening and pain (anxiety feeling), but this was extreme. Do you think it is my potassium or all the aspartame?

I am annoyed because I can't see how these diets can fit everyone (mineral limits) when you are a taller person like me 5'10" and doing all this cardio. We are sweating some of this stuff out with all this cardio. What should I do? What should I be eating more of? :worry:

Whoa Hun!!!! I would seriously consider going to the Dr. office. I wouldn't mess around with chest pains of any kind!!!! Like NBP said you have 3 lovely boys that need their mama.

swish
June 7th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Hope you're doing ok and that you've been to the doctor. Let us know how you're doing

purplepoet20
June 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Did you have blood work before the diet? to check for any deficiency...

I had blood work before diet and every 2wks... I have deficiencies and my Dr knows I am sway so everything is being watched.

Be very careful because the low potassium or high potassium can cause heart, leg, and clots.

Out of the Blue
June 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Wowzuhs, Mama!!! So glad you're getting checked out!!! BTW, bananas are a great source of potassium. Sending you good thoughts...

zanacal
June 7th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Thinking of you x

rainbowflower
June 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
hope you feel better soon

Emery
June 7th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Good luck jjc3434. I am thinking about you.

kaseybaby
June 7th, 2011, 08:12 PM
i have no suggestions, but I am sort of in a similar boat as you right now. I am not sure what to do.

swish
June 8th, 2011, 02:53 AM
I'm so sorry jjc. Your health is more important than anything else. Wishing you better, look after yourself, x

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I have been taking 1000mg of Calcium and 300mg of Magnesium. I think though I am having a hard time meeting the 2500mg or mcg? of Potassium everyday. If I still feel bad tonight I will go to urgent care at 5 when my husband gets home.

I have been drinking a lot of milk and water and will eat a lot of yogurt today too (although I have no urge to eat right now). I will also have some fish tonight. What else can I eat that has a lot of potassium in it? My stomach is pretty upset still.

I think we need to forget about the potassium req. and eat as many fruits and veg as we like.. I don't think it's safe AT ALL. A banana is FINE for your sway and it's also low fat and low protein.

Coconut water (sold in Safeway) is a low-cal source of 600 mg of potassium and I think it has a place in both TTC blue and TTC pink diets.

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Take the Prilosec. It is fine.

I strongly suspect after reading this, that the cran is doing a number on your stomach. I wouldn't take either baby aspirin or cran until this gets worked out because I am afraid you might be giving yourself an ulcer.

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Guys I got my lab work back and my liver alt and ast numbers were through the roof. The doctor told me to go the ER tonight because she thought I might be having gallbladder issues. They did an ultrasound and it wasn't that. They are running more blood test tonight and I should know tomorrow. The doctor thinks it could be mono or some form of Hepatitis. They will run more liver test on Thursday. So it looks like I am out and I think this might be a sign from God probably to forget about swaying period.

Oh NO! I am so sorry to read this!!!! Please keep us updated on what is happening. :(