PDA

View Full Version : Did clomid mess up my fsh test?

dakota5176
December 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM
I'm 41 and have two children. We have been ttc for six months and my cycles are very regular.

I have been taking some clomid every month for swaying purposes. This cycle I took clomid from cd1-3.

On cd4 I had some tests run and my fsh came back at 19.25. Could the clomid have caused this or do you think the number is accurate? I didn't mention taking this to my doctor.

nuthinbutpink
December 20th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure why you would take clomid on days 1-3. It's 5-9 or sometimes 4-8. It may slightly increase FSH but not that much.

We often do clomid challenge tests where they take a FSH reading on day 3, do clomid 5-9 and then FSH on day 10. Both levels should be under 10.

At 41, I would expet them to be higher than 10 but 19 is pretty high.

An AMH test would be more telling. FSH is old-school really.

dakota5176
December 20th, 2013, 10:48 PM
They did an amh test on me too but the results have not come back yet.

I was taking clomid later in the cycle but was getting concerned about my lining so I cut back my dose and started taking clomid from cd1-3 and femara day 3-7. My thought was a low dose of clomid early wouldn't hurt the lining and femara would help with ovulation.

nuthinbutpink
December 20th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Are you doing this without doctor supervision? Femara may affect FSH. I'm not sure on that one.

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2013, 01:29 PM
dakota we already discussed this via PM but Clomid should not be taken from days 1-3 anyway. And it should never be taken longer than 6 months.

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2013, 01:32 PM
They did an amh test on me too but the results have not come back yet.

I was taking clomid later in the cycle but was getting concerned about my lining so I cut back my dose and started taking clomid from cd1-3 and femara day 3-7. My thought was a low dose of clomid early wouldn't hurt the lining and femara would help with ovulation.

Some doctors do have people take both Clomid and Femara.

Femara should lower FSH but I think things are just fudged up and unreliable because you took Clomid so early and possibly have been on it for longer than 6 months.

nuthinbutpink
December 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Please discuss this with your doctor. We are NOT qualified to provide advice. Clomid is never used over 6 months. It kills your lining and it's not going to work if it doesn't within 6 months.