PDA

View Full Version : Birth of DD #1

Roonarpia
June 8th, 2011, 11:31 AM
39+6

I woke up at 2 am with contractions that were like bad menstrual cramps but I figured I should try and go back to sleep. I am not sure if I ever really fell back asleep but I figure I got a combined 3 hours of sleep. I got up around 6am and labored in bed for a while and then at 8 decided to get in the shower. After the shower I called the MW to fill them in on the situation and they told me to come in around 1pm if my contractions did not go away. I tired to keep busy but the contractions were SO painful, all I could do was breathe through them. My BF came over with a movie and I ate some soup for lunch and then we headed to the Birth Center. The midwife there checked me and I was 1cm! OMFG are you kidding me?!?!? So I went home. (the car rides were torture)

I Labored at home for a few more hours, I can't remember how many because my contractions were very very strong at this point. Then a MW came to my house to check on me and I am not sure what she told the other midwives but we went in shortly after that. (I think it was around 5pm) I guess I was in active labor because they kept me. (I never got another internal exam though) I labored on the bed, in the tub, on the toilet etc. for a few more hours before things got really intense. I went to the bathroom around 10pm and lost my mucus plug, I got scared and then transition hit me. I started walking the halls swearing up a storm and begging for drugs and then I was ready to push 15mins later (thank god). I pushed on the stool for a while but my baby was having trouble passing under my pubic bone because I am so small (5'4" 118 pounds always been a size 0) so I got on the bed on my back/side and pushed some more. I pushed a total of 2 hours and then she was crowning! I gave a few more big pushes and she was out! Emma was born at 12:25am on her due date weighing 7 pounds 1 ounce, she was 18 inches long. She was not breathing well when she came out and was a little blue but the midwives gave her oxygen and she was fine in no time. Everyone was in tears when she arrived, my husband was sobbing, it was a beautiful sight :) She latched on about an hour after she was born and we went home at around 3am as a new family of 3!

It was a beautiful birth and I wanted another baby almost right away. :heart:

LolaInLove
June 8th, 2011, 12:04 PM
AMEN on the car rides....great story! FX for a smooth L&D for your little man!

DoulaMama
June 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Such a great story:) :HH: I hope your next birth is wonderful too!

*ruby*
June 8th, 2011, 11:22 PM
What a great story, good luck for the birth of your little boy x

TTC5
June 9th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Beautiful story, thanks for sharing :)

starsky
May 23rd, 2012, 05:15 AM
thanks for sharing

starsky
May 23rd, 2012, 05:16 AM
amazing to hear of your success