PDA

View Full Version : Advice please!! Got a FAINT BFP but now what?

kellbell827
December 27th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Hi Ladies,
I got a faint BFP this AM @ 9 DPO. Not quite ready to celebrate as I have had 2 m/c and want to be sure this is real!! But my question is, now that I have the BFP, considering the line gets darker and what-not, what do I do w/ the diet? Is it ok to just stop? Or do I increase slowly? I gotta say, I am TRULY hungry ALLLL the time!! But also so queasy!! :nails: Fingers crossed for a pink sticky bean!!

o18e
December 27th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I am going to let someone else answer your diet question as I am not completely positive on how to answer. But I did want to tell you congratulations and I hope this is a sticky bean! My fingers are crossed for you!!!!!!:fx:

maidentomother
December 27th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Personally I would eat...just to make sure the baby gets all the nutrients it needs and so your body knows it has enough to support a pregnancy. A m/c takes a toll on the body and probably sways pink, so if you do miscarry it would certainly counteract a few weeks normal eating IMO.

I understand not wanting to get your hopes up but I do think positive thinking helps...I really hope this bean sticks, and think you should eat if you're hungry! Congrats and good luck.

atomic sagebrush
December 27th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Ease into sodium if you were restricting it and I would prob. not eat a side of beef today but other than that, go ahead and eat normally. Also start a prenatal but continue folic at present dose throughout entire first trimester and then gradually wean off. if you were tkaing aspirin, gradually wean off it

kellbell827
December 27th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks ladies! I appreciate the feedback! I am really trying to stay positive but just really anxious!! Thank you for the encouraging words!! I am still SOOO very early - AF isn't even due until 1/2 so I am going to test again in a few days and then call the doctor once I am technically "late" and have them do my levels. I will also go for an ultrasound I'm sure, b/c of my hx.