PDA

View Full Version : Birth of DD#2

Roonarpia
June 9th, 2011, 11:32 AM
38+6

Labor started at 10am and when I went to the bathroom shortly after, I lost my mucus plug right into my undies! TMI, but it was the whole thing, not in pieces, and it was actually pretty neat to see the thing in tact. Anyway, so I ate some breakfast and labored at home for an hour before calling the midwives. When I did call they told me to come in at 2 or 3 (can't remember). So my mom came over as well as my BFF and I labored at home until it was time to go. Again, the care ride was freaking torture!!!!!!! I was screaming "stop the f-ing car RIGHT now, I will just walk, I am not doing this!!!" lol. When we finally made it to the birth center the midwives hustled me in and I got to get into the tub, so I labored there, and on the bed anywhere I needed to. My 18 month old DD was there too and she was coming in to check on me every once and a while. She liked to float the metal bowl for my placenta in the water. It was great to have her there. At one point the baby's heart rate decelerated and the midwives asked me to get on the bed on my left side, well it worked and the decels stopped, good thing I was not in a hospital, they would have sectioned me! I got pushy at around 6pm and so I sat on the birth stool and pushed for what seemed like an eternity. It was SO much harder to push this 2nd time around for some reason. At 7:44pm, after 2 hours of pushing she finally crowned and I got to see my beautiful DD2, she was here the day before her due date! She weighted 7 pounds 14oz 20 inches long which explains why she was so hard to push out, and poor baby was bruised on her cheek and nose. She nursed right away, like a champ may I add. I got to take a shower and we left the birth center at around 9:30. My DD1 was so funny when we were leaving the BC, she went up to her new baby sister and knelt down and said "Bye baby, BYE" and blew her a kiss. I remember the look of shock on her face when I informed her that we get to take the baby home! LOL

This was another beautiful birth, I could not have been happier! :heart:361

DoulaMama
June 9th, 2011, 11:36 AM
:HH: So adorable what your DD1 said! LOL

Such a sweet story :) Thank you for sharing!!
xo

zanacal
June 10th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Beautiful, the photo is amazing x

TTC5
June 13th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Oh what a beautiful photo and story!!!!