PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to pick the perfect name

Kerr
January 1st, 2014, 04:33 PM
My problem is i have my heart set on the name Flynn. My partner loves it, my family hate it. I know it is not their decision but it helps to have a name everyone can enjoy using afterall they are going to have to use it for years to come ;)

I honestly can not find any other boy names that i like.

My father suggested Blake... I'm not AGAINST it but still swaying more towards Flynn.

I have started to like Bentley.. I am not sure how much as of yet.

It's so hard and is such a big decision. Most of my family were praying for a girl so have no name suggestions to help! They are quick to dislike my ideas but don't offer their own.

So now i am hoping you guys could help by throwing names at me please. I want something different, unusual, but not difficult to pronounce or spell.

Any suggestions at all will really help. I have nothing.

Lots of people have suggested names that to me are not suited, (they seem like dog names to me just because i have friends with dogs named them!)

I have a long time to decide and i may even change my mind completely when he is born but who knows.

This is driving me insane. It's all i can think about and still i come up empty.

Sent from my GT-S6500

bunnywabbit
January 1st, 2014, 05:09 PM
How about something along the lines of Brady/Brody, Logan, Bryant, Harley or Mason?

Hobbermittens
January 1st, 2014, 05:20 PM
Don't tell your family your choices, and then they won't ruin any names for you. My inlaws hated a name I loved for DD2, and wouldn't stop talking about how much they hated it-- and finally, my DH started hating the name as well. We ended up finding another name that we both really liked for her, and we didn't tell my inlaws until after the baby was born, because once she was named, they weren't about to say they didn't like our choice!

Kerr
January 1st, 2014, 05:40 PM
I like those names and the idea of keeping the name hush!

Thank you i will keep hunting and try that.

I have close family members with the names Logan, Bryant and Harley so those i can't really use but i do like them.

Sent from my GT-S6500

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
I think Flynn is super cute and I would go with what you love. Don't even worry about it. 22 years ago everyone thought I was NUTS when I named my son Wyatt and now it's one of the top 100 names! People forget that they ever didn't like a name once they have an adorable little baby to goo over.

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2014, 02:10 PM
Don't tell your family your choices, and then they won't ruin any names for you. My inlaws hated a name I loved for DD2, and wouldn't stop talking about how much they hated it-- and finally, my DH started hating the name as well. We ended up finding another name that we both really liked for her, and we didn't tell my inlaws until after the baby was born, because once she was named, they weren't about to say they didn't like our choice!

:agree: 100%, after getting a lot of guff for DS 3's name we kept DS 4 and DD's names private (well we didn't even NAME her till she was 1 day old) and it was much better that way!

Kerr
January 2nd, 2014, 03:29 PM
I think he's going to end up being a little Flynn. I just hate everything else :)

Thank you guys!

Sent from my GT-S6500

Jany1025
January 2nd, 2014, 03:34 PM
Go with what you Love! DH and I could not agree on DS#2's name, even during the Csection we were going back and forth and we ended up picking another neutral name as he didn't want my favorite and I didn't like his, well guess what when DS #2 was 8 weeks old I went over to City Hall and legally changed his name, there is more to this but DH finally agreed, it was a lot of paperwork etcc but I finally got the name I wanted!
For DD I purposely DID NOT tell anyone her name, because it was the only name I could get my head around and I didn't want anyone's judgement or opinions to change my mind! I ended up announcing her name on Facebook along with her newborn announcement pic! Best thing I did!!

Good Luck!

Rainbow baby
January 5th, 2014, 06:39 AM
My family hated my ds2's name, sang stupid songs to me and bagged it out.. We knew it was his name and I personally enjoyed announcing his name as everybody thought I wouldn't use it after all the teasing!! Haven't heard a bad thing since ;p... they wouldn't dare lol

momto4boyz
February 15th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I love Flynn! I think for my next one I will not reveal the name until the baby is born. They can't (well they can't, but most likely wont lol) say they hate the name once they see a sweet little baby <3

Good luck!

Aussiemato2
February 15th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Flynn is GORGEOUS, If it were me I would def. choose it! It's your choice and no one else,I think it's a great choice!

sweetdream
February 15th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Flynn Is cute. go for it.

I also Like Vince. or Mace/mason. Glenn Or Lenn.
There are lots of Nice names.
Just keep it to yourself. The name will grow on him and ppl will love it cause they love him.

I have names in my enviroment I don't like but when the kid it is cute the name will be so much more then a name. it's the person that carries the name.

SamS_TTCPink
March 22nd, 2014, 08:58 AM
I love Flynn! :)

Defiantly go with what you like and don't let your family influence your decision at all. We got our older kids input with DS5 and DS6 but we didn't ever tell anyone what names we liked cause we knew they'd destroy it for us. When we said we had called DS6 Cayden, my family carried on for weeks saying "is that even a name?" And "no one is going to know how to spell that" blah blah blah.... And Cayden isn't even that unusual!?!

You will also never be able to please everyone so just go with what you like and they'll get over it eventually! ;)

thehappypixi
March 22nd, 2014, 04:09 PM
I ad Flynn, Finley and Dylan on my boy list ;D